Why can't you fucking faggots just use C like a normal person instead of sperging about some shit edgelord language...

why can't you fucking faggots just use C like a normal person instead of sperging about some shit edgelord language. oh wait you're a linux user lolololololol

Attached: 1280px-The_C_Programming_Language_logo.svg.png (1280x1361, 83K)

C was written in Python. Why would I use such an inferior language?

This man gets it.

would never use python. it's not even backward compatible

What
Book
That
Isnt
K&R
Can
I
Read
To
Learn
C

Solo me gustaría intercalar por un momento. A lo que te refieres como Linux, es de hecho, GNU / LInux, o como lo he llamado recientemente, GNU más Linux.

"Programming in C", Kochan

this

import future, past, present
VERSION=superposition?

based
i never even heard of these meme languages like rust, go and others anywhere besides this place

>t. I tried to do some OOP through C but I can't, so I rely on structs and shitty code to compensate

OOP is super gay, and it should be used only in rare circumstance, now everything is an object, even if it's only called once. It makes it difficult to understand what the code does, and its not easier to maintain than functional.

Why is it always the worst C programmers that are the most autistic about telling others that they use C for everything?

t. systems programmer that prefer high level languages and only use C when it is absolutely necessary

But Python was written in PHP. Obviously PHP is on top here.

>use something like a normal person
get out

For the same reason people take screenshot of their riced wm with a man page opened in emacs
Just a poser thing

>oh wait you're a linux user
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you not aware that C is closely tied to unix-like operating systems?

>falling for obvious bait

Get a load of this retard

because with the ever decreasing quality in software and the sudden ubiquity of using javascript to write god damned desktop programs its very tempting to tell zoomer coderfags to fuck off, learn c, and become real programmers so new software might actually fucking work

>wanting the same kind of people writing sloppy javascript code to write C code
The horrors....

thats the point
poorly written c code will tend to fail catastrophically as an unshippable mess
they will either learn to program properly, get fired, or the product simply wont ship which may be the best outcome of all

No, you are way to idealistic. It will work in development and fail catastrophically on production, because that's how these people work; they are used to hotfixing on production servers.

"hurr durr the first knife was carved with rocks so why don't i just use rocks"

even failing catastrophically on production is preferable to having barely working bloated frankenprograms made up of literally thousands of javascript libraries but still being marked as a success because it technically runs, even if it takes all of a computer's resources to do so

i would rather have
>finish program
>think it works
>ship it
>it doesnt
>oops
>fix it
than
>finish program
>think it works
>ship it
>uses 4gb of ram
>uses 30% cpu
>increases power consumption by 50%
>barely works
>heh, another successful launch
>never fix anything

I'd prefer zoomer webhipsters to just stay the fuck away from C all together, so I don't have to fix their shitty code.

Unless
>>(someone) finish program
>>(someone) think it works
>> (someone) ship it
>>it doesnt
>>(everyone) oops
>>(you) fix it

everybody i ever talk about it dislikes it but i read learn c the hard way. it's okay. teaches you stuff through writing code. there's not so much theory as there is code. once you're done with it you should read k&r if you're serious about c.

>learn c the hard way
You mean "copy my poorly explained code: the book", which has many factual inaccuracies on top of that?
There is a reason that everybody says that book is fucking shit.

I learned C from reading K&R. I've never read any other book on C though, but in my impression there was nothing wrong with K&R. But of course, you have to do the assignments at the end of each chapter.

i may have stockholm syndrome but
>copy my poorly explained code: the book
you're supposed to write stuff exactly as it's in the book and go from bottom to top once you're with writing source. this makes his other books kind of redundant but that's besides the point. also, there are exercises that you must carry out after you're done reviewing code and there's faq about the code at the end of each exercise. for someone who's just starting out this is great though i do agree that learning c this way is not orthodox. also, you can access videos for each exercise online if you have the book.
>There is a reason that everybody says that book is fucking shit.
i always seem to do opposite of whatever everyone else does just to spite them i guess.