XBOX DDOS, HOW!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK I THOUGHT DDOSSING WAS A MEME, SOMEONE JUST DDOSED MY FRIEND ON XBOX. how is this even possible? arent the servers secure? i know i sound like a cringy 10 yr old playin modern warfare on a friday afternoon but pls help me out u guys r the smartest people i know

Attached: disgusted.jpg (500x499, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/97w87h/how_do_i_prevent_a_ddos_attack/
support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/dos-attacks-faq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

turn off your modem
turn it on again
now you're a hacker.

was that supposed to be helpful

>game has p2p connection
>players know other peers
>spam other peer with connections
wow that was hard

Attached: can_i_get_uhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (640x640, 48K)

but how did they do this, help a brother out

Attached: am i retarded.jpg (665x574, 26K)

that's a very cute image

the game is rainbow 6 which is not peer to peer

you can monitor connections with your router, for example

somehow it needs to leak your address to the other users

Install gentoo

> i know i sound like a cringy 10 yr old playin modern warfare on a friday afternoon
You do, because, for one, you didn't explain why it was a DDoS and not a DoS, for example.

TURN OFF YOUR XBOX
STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAME
LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE
HAVE A REAL HOBBY

We don't even know whether you're playing xbox 360 or xbox one, write more specific information concerning your current situation.

"DDOS" like that is resolved to local ISP IP addresses, so it's not whether "Xbox" is secure, it's your friend's IP (which can be gathered from Xbox Live, either from that game or any other P2P game)

Bullshit. It's very unlikely that xbox would accept random traffic from random IP.

I used to pull people's ip.It's easy , I used wireshark but you can google ''ps4/xbox ip tracker software'' and you'll see.Also , they probably got Dosed, because them being ddosed would require multiple sources that atacked them , like a couple of botnets.Getting dosed only requires for the atacker to have like , one vps.The rest is easy

Don't you need the other person to click some link for that?

xbox one, rainbow six siege,
friend team killed guy
guy joined our party (it was open)
guy was like "why u team kill im gonna ddos u" or something like that
friend tells him to do it thinking its a meme
friend disconnects from party
and doesnt join back for another 5mins
guy says "i hope u learnt ur lesson"
guy leaves

Attached: E乂工丂丅乇𠘨丅工卂乚 匚尺工丂工丂.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Are you retarded? Write more specific reason concerning your current attack, like what kind of symptoms your xbox have

it didnt happen to me, it was my friend therefore my xbox didnt have anything happen to it.
are YOU retarded?

then write more specific information concerning your friend's attack

like literally what happened after the guy said he will attack your friend?

No if you have their IP that's all you need

Not actually, server can block random traffic from random IP.

>t. Operated a small VPS website a long time ago

it’s not xbox accepting the traffic you dummy it’s the person in question’s local network / ISP. xbox was only used to figure out their IP so the entire network could be DDOS’d with that info using external tools
the DDOS is not sent through xbox live

okay but are the majority of average joe xbox users setting up their networks to block random traffic?
no they are not
of course xbox is, but they don’t mask user IPs when queried

you can block traffics on software level.

yes but the majority of users do not have this setup, wittingly or unwittingly.
and it's very very easy to get around this with ISPs that service consumers (and not businesses for the most part), almost completely trivial.

>yes but the majority of users do not have this setup, wittingly or unwittingly.
XBOX os would do it automatically probably.

>and it's very very easy to get around this with ISPs that service consumers (and not businesses for the most part), almost completely trivial
? It has nothing to do with ISP

reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/97w87h/how_do_i_prevent_a_ddos_attack/
lmao I was wrong, Xbox devlopers should kill themselves

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/dos-attacks-faq

she started connecting, friends list disconnected, game disconnected dunno what else to say

>she

Tell her change her IP address.

>Tell her
*Tell her to

>If you play games on Xbox Live, you could experience a denial of service (or DoS) or distributed denial of service (or DDoS) attack. Such attacks may render your device (your Xbox console or your computer) temporarily unable to connect to the Internet or to Xbox Live.
>or your computer
A denial of service attack usually happens on a network level, not to Xbox Live directly, how many times do I have to say this. It absolutely has to do with the ISP because ALL the Xbox is used for is to gather someone's IP address, which is then used to DDOS their *entire* network. Someone not being able to connect on Xbox Live is a side-effect of the entire network being denied service, you dunce.

Attached: 21.gif (524x276, 2.53M)

TKER BTFO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA