Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: penguinbutt.png (500x800, 285K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync#rsync_applications
instructables.com/id/Transfering-Files-over-your-LAN-via-BitTorrent/
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/914983-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/faqs/33414
ozh.github.io/ascii-tables/
fakenamegenerator.com/
itstillworks.com/difference-between-stereo-speakers-guitar-amp-speakers-2797.html
cable.ayra.ch/tampermonkey/view.php?script=youtube_old_design.user.js
reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/82whs4/old_layout_option_gonegoogle_dead_to_me/dvddfem/
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
davesgeekyideas.com/2018/11/19/modular-graphics-card-nvidia/
youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for OP shotaposting

When will wayland be usable on NVIDIA cards?

Does anyone here know how to generate noise similiar to one generated while playing vinyls? I know, I can download some samples and play them like that, but I'd like to know if it's possible to generate one (for uniqueness)

my ryzen 5 1600 is not enough. what CPU should I get for my AM4 socket?

I've got a Sandisk USB. It's detected when I plug it in, but all of a sudden everything works very slow, and files on it seem corrupted and don't play or copy.

The drive isn't that old, what could have caused this? And is there a potential fix? I tried to run chkdsk but it said the drive was write protected. I also tested it in another machine and while it was detected better in that one, the files still don't seem to work.

Any idea how to sort this out?

Attached: f16.png (354x357, 4K)

Wait for ryzen 3
By doing a half a press

windows explorer is shit, what should i use on windows to transfer large amounts of data?

a linux dualboot

I got the option of picking up a 15" Surface Book 2 for really fucking cheap. I'm mostly looking for something to use at uni and travelling for work. Looks pretty nice and professional. Is the 3:2 aspect ratio a fucking meme tho? I don't do any video editing. A lot of writing, reading, data processing, coding and occasional gayme

For the same price point, I can get a laptop with a better screen/GPU with the normal aspect ratio

Is the SB2 a meme? I can't tell. Most user comments on it are positive but I think that's some weird projection of buyer's remorse since that shit so expensive usually

Attached: microsoft-surface-book-2-15-inch-review-325-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 157K)

If the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

They have so many driver/misc issues, they're quirky machines, and there are no user-serviceable parts.

Proceed at your own risk.

3:2 gud

I got the option of looking at it before buying. Gonna be checking the usual shit - dead pixels and the like

The machine is still on warranty until 2020 so if there are big defects I should be able to exchange it. I saw some people talking about driver issues, particularly with the integrated/gtx 1060 switching between tablet mode and normie mode.

Use Ableton, pic related :^)

>Rsync
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync#rsync_applications
>BitTorrent on LAN
instructables.com/id/Transfering-Files-over-your-LAN-via-BitTorrent/

Attached: unhelpful advice.png (289x241, 35K)

Kill yourself pedo faggot

suddenly can't open svg images with any program, errors say - "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index" What is this?

>Disable Ton

Use pure data instead

What's wrong? Do you have something against cute boys?

I'm throwing a house party tomorrow, problem is i don't have any audio system except my dad's 100w marshall guitar amp, will plugging phone's headphone output into amp's main input fuck up the amp?

guitar amps are for guitars only, they produce specific frequencies. you can use it if you want to have an audio system with EQ that cuts highs and lows

thanks, do you think that scooping mids both on phone and amp will sound decent?

Is it somehow possible to install a new operating system without using an USB or CD?
I don't have any available.
Not dual boot intended.

I was posting just fine last few days, try today, says I'm banned, check it, it says I was banned from January to today for using VPN and having name "." (I don't namefag and don't have VPN)
Is this just user discovers what having ISP with dynamic IP means episode or something else?

What editor does one use to create neatly formatted plain text guides like the ones on GameFAQs?
Such as this: gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/914983-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/faqs/33414
I don't believe that all the headers, indents and wrapping at 80 characters is done by hand, there has to be a piece of software that does it for you, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Attached: Capture2.png (701x416, 21K)

if your mobo bios support it you can boot from network with a lan cable
maybe you just changed public ip for whatever reason. restart your router if you have dyn ip

Oh! Totally forgot network boot. Thanks!

>Buy second SSD for a second installation of Windows to use as a test image and productivity
>Realize it's fucking retarded to dual boot Windows from two separate drives
>Resisting the urge to go full-retarded and just buy and partition a 2 TB SSD

Any way to salvage this so it doesn't have to boot a second time every time I switch to the second OS installation?

Attached: 1262767387101.png (450x336, 207K)

Is there a way to select items in an existing library, say movies for instance, and move them to a different library in plex? I've got on folder containing all of my tv shows and movies, and several of my shows are being added to my movies library which is bugging me.

Attached: 1552151221515.jpg (400x400, 25K)

template looks simple enough but maybe you can just copy and paste premade? ozh.github.io/ascii-tables/

how do i fix screen tearing on linux with a 1050 nvidia gtx
ive already tried forcefullcompositionpipeline or whatever and compton but i still get some screen tearing

Buy AMD
t. linux and gtx 750ti, no tearing with composition pipeline

amd gpu?

Since when has this been in effect

Attached: untitled.png (548x24, 6K)

Since forever

I want to stalk people on LinkedIn but I have no account. What is the best way to do this?

I'm lurking for a charger for my old galaxy s3 and all the ones on aliexpress are meant for fast/quick charging, what's the term to get just a normal charger??

I put ubuntu on my spare old laptop to fuck around and learn some coding basics. Got rid of gnome (because its ugly as sin and i'd like to use some screen space instead of wasting it in empty useless bars) and installed unity since i already had some experience with it. Since then, the trackpad doesnt register tapping it as a click, i have to literally press down on the trackpad. Any idea why is this happening?

Also, a comp engineer friend told me to start with code.org but so far its literal braindead stuff, is there something more "not kid oriented"?

Attached: Immagine1.png (1117x612, 741K)

Yes, my 750ti works ok mostly but has various bugs like 100% cpu usage on mpv so I'll likely get amd gpu for my next build

>Extract Office on my desktop and try to install
>WAAH WAAH [Some file] is corrupt
>Switch motherboard
>Extract the same file, in the same place
>Works fine

What the fuck. Is it the SATA cable or some shit?

It doesn't matter if the charger supports fast charging. If your phone doesn't fast charging, it will just draw 1 Amp from the charger.

Also, don't buy cheap chinese chargers

make a fake account fakenamegenerator.com/

That's good to know, I will be getting a charger+cable soon. I'm also aware of the problems with cheap chinese stuff but /csg/ made a good infographic with reputable brands some time ago.

the problem is not only the amplifier, the problem is guitar speakers, they are special instrument speakers that are not suited for home audio systems.
you can read more here:
itstillworks.com/difference-between-stereo-speakers-guitar-amp-speakers-2797.html

doesn't nvidia scorn foss

Just to add, the drive seems completely write protected now.

Hey Jow Forums. Im building a new pc for the first time and i wanted your opinion. I have a 60" 4k tv that i use for all my gaming needs. But since im converting to full time pc i need some professional opinions and advice. Is a monitor better for pc gaming, or can i use my tv with no real consequences that will affect my gaming overall?

Attached: tvmonitor.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Yeah but I have an NVIDIA card in my PC, and it's not old enough for me to consider buying a new one

reason people prefer monitors is higher frequency, lower latency and panel type. there's nothing wrong in using a tv as monitor but you have to check your own specs and see if you are ok with it

Ok. It seems to be working but I got randomly logged out at some point. Is there anything to be aware of? Do they have some kind of secret stalker detection?

I bought a pcie 4x to m.2 adapter, but I fucked up.. my motherboard has a 1x, NOT a 4x pcie slot. Will this retarded setup work: I bought a pcie 1x to pcie 16x adapter. Will the 4x m.2 adapter fit in the 1to16x adapter? And will this retarded setup even give me SSD speeds?

x1 is slower than SATA.
You'll get around 500MB/s.
Probably less because of the janky setup.

TVs usually have higher latency than monitors in most cases it's not much of an issue unless you are trying to be a 360noscopeMLGPro, but in some TVs the delay can be noticeable

How do you get the latest microsoft office for free? KMS?

Not for me really

Dumb question, but that's still better than hdd speeds right? My 1to16x adapter comes tomorrow so I guess we'll see if it works..

How do i scam chinks on aliexpress?

Buy shit and say it didn't arrive

I can't get tensorflow to work. I installed it through pip and it works in the python command line, but when I try to use it in pycharm, it says there's no module named tensorflow to import

What's the best way to upgrade my (non legit) windows 8.1 install to windows 10 at this point while keeping files, installed programs, etc? I'll even go legit if it will be easier. Skipped the free upgrade because I didn't think I would need it but now I need it unfortunately

How many times can I try my password for outlook?

Attached: outlook.png (761x768, 5K)

This has probably been asked a lot. What does Jow Forums think is the best WM or DE?

I've used footfetish/KDE/xfce/mate for quite a while, then I switched to i3-gaps, which is cool, but I don't like that I have to customize EVERY single aspect of the WM, it just requires too much time. I've had a bit of spare time so I've been able to be a ricefag to my liking, but being realistic, it's something I don't think I can afford if I actually want to be productive.

Footfetish and KDE are okay, but I think they hog too much memory. Is there anything that can look good and not use that much memory?

wat do Jow Forums?

nevermind I got it now

What free email provider do normal people use and what do thier emails lool like, is it more [email protected]?

I see a lot of email addresses at work.

Older people usually use their ISPs email service.
Others use one of the million free ones.

>what do they look like
mostly some combination of first and lastname, sometimes with a number at the end if it's a popular name.

Is it just me or Youtube's Old Layout is not accessible anymore?
I was using this userscript which seemed to be working just fine until like a minute ago, when I wanted to watch a video and got sent to the New Layout. I can't seem to put the old one back.
cable.ayra.ch/tampermonkey/view.php?script=youtube_old_design.user.js

Nvm, tried a different userscript and it's still working.
reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/82whs4/old_layout_option_gonegoogle_dead_to_me/dvddfem/

I failed the CCNA Routing and Switching exam by like 3 points in college years ago but now I want to re-take it. Can you even take the exam without being in a classroom? Where would I go to buy a voucher?

Attached: question.jpg (375x500, 158K)

nouveau works well with older nvidia cards

Is default Linux-Libre kernel low-latency out of the box?

I passed my comptia a+ exam today but don't know the way forward from here to get other jobs. What's the next step Jow Forums?
Pic semi-related

Attached: DAF810AEEA6B4684805630D4BAF1C583.jpg (500x500, 86K)

Is bromite botnet?

So no one knows the answer? Can I just download the w10 media creation thing and it upgrades it or do I need to do some hacky junk? I've seriously never done this before

could anyone with a 1080 tell me what their min GPU load and temperatures are at? specifically i'm looking for owners of ASUS cards, but i'm interested in looking at data from any 1080 too.

i'm not doing much of anything right now and i'm at 24% load minimum. 54C all of the time. this card has always been like this so i think i just lost the lottery and got a really shitty one.

also is there a website i can find user data like this? just wanna know if this is normal for this card or if i just have a shit one.

Attached: 1080.gif (411x517, 14K)

>sqt is more catboys
nyaaa nyaa

Got picked up on a torrent the other day. Do VPNs shield your business from your ISP?

Also which VPN would you recommend?

Attached: 1298071289557.gif (199x135, 2.41M)

What's the easiest way to make a webm that works on Jow Forums? I've tried but I also get error messages about video compression being too high or something.

Do I even need an free antivirus programm if I use the Windows 10 Defender?

So I had Avira installed ever since the Windows XP days (I'm a tech illiterate), and Windows 10 Defender apperently is pretty good right now. Do I even need Avira or other free Antivirus programms nowadays when im a Windows 10 idiot? Avira kind of became a CPU hog (34% on idle) and its interface is an unresponsive buggy mess.
I use uBlock Origin and NoScript on FireFox, can I uninstall Avira without fearing some annoying virus, or should I keep it installed? Or should I have something else running on the side? I heard some stuff about Malwarebytes, but no clue what it does.

based and tripspilled
Yes they can. PrivateInternetAccess has legal backing behind it (they've been asked to give logs and didn't because they don't keep any), so they seem like a good choice

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Jow Forums's thoughts on the concept of Modular Graphics Cards?

davesgeekyideas.com/2018/11/19/modular-graphics-card-nvidia/

Attached: modular-graphics-card-nvidia-radeon-design-2018-dave-delisle-davesgeekyideas.jpg (740x450, 162K)

thanks

What are some good animes that don't have highschoolers or highschool aged protagnists? Ty /sqt/

When I try to use the ImportExportTools add-on in Thunderbird to export my email inbox, the backup always stops around half way, no matter what settings or folders I select. Can anybody help me with this?

Hellsing ultimate
Black lagoon
Planetes
Lupin III-Ballad of Fujiko Mine

If that were the case, then Google would be spyware.

Death Note

I’m putting together a cart, cause I’m finally taking the piss and buying a Raspberry Pi 3 B+. I was also going to get a Pi Zero, but it dawned on me.. why the fuck would I pay 20 buck for a computer that’s as smart as a shovel? Somebody base and redpill me on how difficult it is to make my own Pi Zero?

Attached: DD9A6722-F407-4BAA-A907-30F1019BAA5E.jpg (1080x827, 165K)

What's a good resource for researching circuits? I'm looking for some very simple real world circuits I can use to test out a simulator, but I'm not really sure what I should be looking up to find some.

Attached: 1532708202927.jpg (400x417, 107K)

Is there an android app thats just a front end to ffmpeg where i can pass all the paramaters/codec i want and it just offers an overlay to start/stop the recording service?

>ffmpeg
Look that up on the google play store.

I have, and it all bloatware or spyware with adds and shit, i checked on f-droid too

youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

>go to Jow ForumsMStoolkit
>locked and need admin permission
well fuck. where else can i get Daz or even mstoolkit thats not riddled with viruses

Is there something wrong with using a DAC with no headphone amp? For me it doesn't get that loud but seems to sound fine.

>headphone amp
Why do you need one if you don't use headphones?

I do use headphones (ATH-M20x).

Nothing wrong with getting a headphone amp then.
I guess was a brainlet.

I took a required data structures course for my cs degree about 2 years ago as a six week course during the summer and I didn’t retain any of the information, can anyone recommend me some books to brush up on algorithms and data structures, preferably in java?

Doesn't have to be just books btw I would appreciate any recommendations for resources

what's a good/decent browser these days?
getting more and more problems with waterfox and just now [spoiler]twitch[/spoiler] randomly stopped working (black screen and video options don't load). the chromium forks seem faster, even if they use more resources it isn't really a problem due gaymen machine. I tried Iridium and so far I like it, anything negative about it?

I had a question but I solved it on my own.
PRAISE ME.