I'm getting into torrenting and I'm currently learning about share ratios, is my 0.92 share ratio good?

I'm getting into torrenting and I'm currently learning about share ratios, is my 0.92 share ratio good?

Attached: shareratio.png (1433x617, 101K)

>torrenting on windows
it's like you're asking for trouble

I'm starting to get into the heavier stuff but I've been downloading YIFY garbage (not anymore thank god) for the past 5 years with no protection at all. My ISP just doesn't give a fuck. Probably just a perk of living in New Zealand.

you're a retard

>poorfag torrenters

I am for as close to 0 as possible

>paying for things you can get for free*

* free as in free beer

Attached: 1524101445694.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Considering I only ever watch a movie once unless I thoroughly enjoy it or end up watching it at a mates I think I'll just stick to pirating.

The only thing that might actually stop me is if a streaming service like Netflix provided every single fucking movie in existence.

I only seed because of private trackers require you to. And unlike most torrenters I ACTUALLY consume what I download, I don't hored for no reason

Attached: 1538664736393.png (292x470, 22K)

>All-time share ratio: 0.13

>he doesn't seed for others

Attached: shiggy.png (161x293, 6K)

I seed 2.0, except i recently seeded GoT at 5.0, just because.

You really need to be using a VPN and should modify iptables to block all traffic that doesn't go directly over the VPN interface.

Which VPN service would you recommend?

Even in murica it's a meme. ISPs will send you a form letter complaining but do literally nothing else. I had one ISP in a smaller town block service and extort a fine but they were just greedy assholes. Nobody cares. They used to make examples of people in extremely rare cases just for the headline but don't even seem to do that anymore.

"ISPs will fuck you up for piracy", similar to "Torrenting anything will give you tons of viruses!" is retarded normalfag propaganda I'm surprised idiots like still fall for

If its a public tracker I don't seed, I just delete straight away since I don't care about other people. Some people literally turn seeding into some kind of crappy hobby, its just sad that they have no life

>the spergs who actually expend effort to make everything easy for me are faggots
Based
I actually appreciate the cucks though, I just finished a 60Gb torrent of stuff I thought were lost forever thanks solely to a couple people who were still seeding it on and off

Is there any difference between a private tracker and a public tracker? I only ever download movies, usually I download scene releases like SPARKS, DRONES, GECKOS, etc but on the odd occasion I'll get a remux.

if there wasen't any advantages of a private tracker I would of left long ago

its really simple really, if the public tracker doesn't have it then I turn to the private tracker

If they both have it, I download from the tracker that is the highest quality

Its very often that the public tracker have no seeders for blurays while the private tracker does due to its nature of seeding. I remux my videos for the highest quality, I need the best so private trackers have it.

Private trackers usually require you to maintain a seed ratio, have supposed quality control standards, and more autistic elitists

Some of them have some super obscure stuff you can't find on public trackers but otherwise it's mostly muh sekrit club nonsense

Fair, the movie I'm currently downloading only has 1 seeder and 6 leechers. Though I'm still getting a decent speed of 1.5MBps

Attached: seed.png (360x32, 1K)

>pay for netflix
>pay for spotify
>pay for audible
>pay for ebooks
>get limited selection and asscancer DRM

>pay the same money for a seedbox
>freely download and/or stream everything from wartime Kyrgyzstani arthous movies to scans of ancient folios from libraries with restricted access
REALLY makes you think

Ahh so the "Kool kidz klub" kind of shit?

Bu-but user pirating is illegal!

The police can't get u on Linux!!1

Anything above a full 1.0 ratio is fine

Attached: tripfags.png (953x81, 11K)

>it's mostly muh sekrit club nonsense
Pubbie cope.
It‘s not about epenis, it‘s about release quality and good seeding behavior. It‘s actually piss easy to get on almost any private tracker unless you‘re retarded.

as long as it's under 1.0 you're a faggot

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-16-17-27-33(1).png (1356x2064, 202K)

What does everyone have against seeding? I’ve always aimed to keep a 1-1 ratio overall since i figured it was common courtesy.

Idiots who think they can get viruses usually.

people who opt for free shit are usually jews or niggers. usually.

I'm starting to seed more now that I'm getting the better quality rips, mainly due to them having barely any seeders to begin with. I've been seeding Tag for over 2 odd weeks now because it had something like 3 or 4 seeders.

That 1 movie is probably why my ratio is as high as it is. I don't wanna remove it because it's near dead and I always find myself uploading to one poor bastard.

I used to reupload what.cd torrents on TPB just because autists would throw unexplainable shitfits about it
Tbf music trackers are the only ones who regularly act like that in my experience, movie trackers are pretty chill and seem more about sharing cool shit. Still for mainstream stuff you can usually find a HQ torrent with more seeders publicly

You only get a copyright infringement notice if you're uploading

>ISPs will send you a form letter complaining but do literally nothing else

That depends entirely on the ISP. Some are more jewish like Comcast and they'll deadass kick you out after 3 strikes.

You piece of shit.

You absolutely can. I use to strictly download from TPB only until I found RARBG.

Attached: mainstream.png (1920x1040, 235K)

Nah, it's mostly about epenis. The whole purpose of bittorrent is wide-scale information sharing. Private clubs defeat that purpose.

this. give back at least as much as you take or you're a nigger.

If you're downloading, you're also uploading. Just connecting to the swarm is enough to get copynazis on your ass.

Private clubs help with information availability by ensuring veracity and quality and staying power of uploads.

information isn't "available" if it's put behind walls, genius. that's like saying any corporation with an internal network is making information available.

Maybe set up a 'nas' with linux and qbittorent-nox or transmission or something if you haven't already. You can seed way easier that way because it's always on and you manage and access it from more devices

To build on this: openmediavault is a decent tool for newbs trying to accomplish anything nas related

Not true. I work at my University’s IT department and we flag people all the time for downloading their shitty copyright enforced hollywood hits on the network, even if they’re just streaming the movie

>cope analogies
Of course it‘s available. Once again, it‘s piss easy to get onto every private tracker that matters.

easy, sure, if you are okay with degrading yourself to teenage, power-tripping spergs. i'd rather stand upright and spend a little more time looking for rare shit on ddl sites or usenet than bend the knee.

I guess it depends on the area. I've gotten like 20 notices from Comcast from when I accidentally leave my VPN off

I have 100000 share ratio
Fuck you i seed terrabytes of the same stuff if i hate the developers
>(i often hate the developers)

>degrading yourself to teenage, power-tripping spergs
>stand upright
What are you even talking about? It‘s literally no different to using a public tracker. You don‘t have to interact with anyone.

Is that better than just leaving my PC running with qBittorrent opened?

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. ~ Pravin Lal

>what are interviews
>what are activity requirements
>what are multiple pages of autistic rules

I remember this game

Having a dedicated NAS for pirating is how people confirm you're an alpha male.

>what are interviews
A bot asking you if you know what ratio is and the difference between lossy and lossless.
>what are activity requirements
>what are multiple pages of autistic rules
Don‘t hit and run and don‘t upload youtube rips.

The quotes, while superficial, really brought me into some interesting reading and ideas. Don’t think any game has been even remotely close to Alpha Centauri.

>this 1 guy being the reason for my high download speed on a near dead torrent

Attached: downspeed.png (1434x617, 88K)

>yeah that's not an accurate reduction senpai nice try tho

Attached: 1413149629424-1.jpg (200x200, 8K)

If you go in to view and open the search tab you cans search for torrents
Update the engine plugins and disable jackett.

tfw seedlet

Attached: file.png (188x336, 18K)

I‘ve literally not interacted with a single other person from private trackers for years. But great fishy picture.

Yea it is, like I said you can leave it on all the time. It can really be as simple as a Raspberry pi and an external HDD although I would recommend getting a real PC with some kind of RAID setup

Didn't know that was a thing, Thank you user

Attached: thanks.png (1434x617, 86K)

Fucking called it earlier. I knew I was gonna be seeding Tag again. Pretty sure I'm the only seeder at this point.

Attached: tag.png (1434x617, 84K)

I'm seeding all the time but private trackers fuck me, since I can't seed anything. What's the solution?

>I'm seeding all the time
>I can‘t seed anything

Attached: 7D649668-A27A-4EAA-89C9-AFD8A4973F8B.jpg (400x323, 51K)

Do you mean you can't download anything?
Usually trackers have freeleech torrents, just download those and seed them for a while to build your stats up

Because private trackers promote an unhealthy system of sharing where it is very difficult to maintain ratio because nobody downloads anything.

Seedbox is the only thing that will allow you to seed realistically on a private tracker with a download/upload credit system. I'd recommend something like feralhosting as it has a pretty easy system setup.

I use AnimeBytes, Oppaitime, BakaBT, GazelleGames and JPopsuki.

From easiest to hardest to gain upload stats:
JPopsuki
Animebytes
Oppaitime
GazelleGames
BakaBT (The fucking worst)

BakaBT is just too hard if you're not uploading torrents. GazelleGames is quite hard, oppaitime and above is medium to very easy

more than 1 is good

Attached: notbad.png (270x346, 10K)

>private trackers promote an unhealthy system of sharing where it is very difficult to maintain ratio
Kek. Are you the sour grapes guy from before samefagging?

It would be better if these sites would move to seeding time (which you have absolute control of) rather than bytes transferred (which you have 50% control of).

I can download, but even if I leave my torrent client open, the only ones that seed are the ones from public trackers. Then, I'll get kicked from private trackers. They should at least ping torrents from time to time to see if I'm making any effort at seeding it.

All of them but BakaBT is seeding time to gain points, which you use to buy upload. BakaBT sucks so hard the only viable way is to become an uploader there.

Download something less obscure first? What trackers are we talking about? Post client pic.

On private trackers you are competing often with hundreds of people with automatic seedbox setups, you are never going to win at this game at any reasonable level unless you happen to have a competitive upload speed AND manage to join the swarm just as the torrent is uploaded.

You just can't beat the game without playing it, to give you an example. The torrent in the red square I started seeding from my seedbox and my home connection at the same day and this is the result after 30 days, while my own connection upload managed about 200GB after 30 days with a 500/500 connection in the same time-frame running all the time just like the seedbox.

Attached: ssss.png (291x159, 5K)

is that windows vista?

>paying with time, money, expertise, and equipment to download music that costs 5 bucks for """free"""

hew is not paying the jew so that is good in its self

>have first world internet connection
>set up IRC autosnatcher on retail FLAC
>have sex while your ratio is pumped by seedbox swarm

>have third world internet connection
>set up a bandcamp autocrawler script
>have sex while your ratio is pumped by autosnatchers

>be you
>have sour grapes
>never have sex

Have sex.

that's clearly 7

doesn't windows 7 look like windows vista? what's the difference? it's been like 10 years since i used windows 7

my nigga

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-16 at 21.12.50.png (876x650, 216K)

I don't download music.

gazellegames is easy. just seed all the freeleech torrents and gain gold.

bakabt used to be easy with all the freeleech, not sure about now.

Animebytes is definitely the easiest. practically everything worth downloading is freeleech.

Sorry for late reply.

I use PIA. They have been subpoenad for data before and have demonstrated that they keep zero logs, so I consider them safe. Plus, $99 for 3 years was a good deal. Have never gotten a DMCA notice, as long as the VPN is runnin and iptables does not permit any other type of traffic.

>windows doesn't have VPN software

Attached: 1554854511719.gif (320x240, 3.1M)

Private trackers are useless.

g-guys...

Attached: what.png (485x410, 23K)

>utorrent
>0.012 ratio
Begone scum

I loved the thought of my cock sinking deep into her throat, so bad Nah just an old friend that I'm pretty sure it has to be young again.

based

Attached: 1551980244284.jpg (750x749, 130K)