Don't bother with loonix gayming unless you have an Nvidia video card

Don't bother with loonix gayming unless you have an Nvidia video card.

Attached: 663.jpg (436x413, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protondb.com/stats
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally the opposite

>Linux gaming

Why would you game in Linux Subsystem for Windows?

W'aths a kloonix?

ok im in, lets roll this shitty board

Attached: bc049700.png (400x400, 21K)

But extremely shit tearing with nvidia
anybody know how to fix?

Get the community drivers for AMD

What DE?

Yeah I already downloaded mesa, linux-firmware, your-mom-cunt and no dice. Also, there's only reports of jewvidia cunts in protondb so I give up, my man

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

gentoo

oh shit meant no de just fvwm

how much performance loss would I expect in videogaems by moving from w7 to linux?
I was thinking of installing ubuntu when w7 finally dies.

I have a 6700k, rtx2060, 16gb ram ddr 2400mhz. 144hz screen

I usually play few AAAs, but I'd like to be able to play emulators too. Do you guys play in a windows VM or something?

nvidia drivers are unreliable garbage. The problem is that fucking distros are still stuck in this "we won't update until we bring out a new version and even then we'll be months behind" mentality that screws people out of tons of quality updates for the open AMD drivers and then has to rely on unstable, broken, poorly maintained PPAs / other user-ran repositories that breaks every couple of damn weeks if it works at all.

In short, install Arch.

what are you talking about I use my AMD 290 with Dxvk and it works like a charm. use the experimental drivers if you don't want to have to change driver boot order from Radeon graphics to AMD.

If you care about performance, avoid Linux like a plague. Just use Windows 10 LTSC + KMS38 and be happy.

>works like a charm
Yeah... on 10+ year old games. Hell, even Path of Exile does not run with the latest crap.
>install arch aka wiki cuck: the distro
>realize something is broken and can't fix unless I bloat the distro with compilers and waste over 30 minutes fixing a minor issue
>reinstall arch
yeah nothx

Attached: aE2n0Ze_700b.jpg (700x1244, 52K)

I mean not 10 year old games I play FFXIV and Battlefield 4. There are also the games that newly released that are already on Linux.

Use lutris people have written custom install scripts.

nvidia-settings>x server display configuration>force full pipeline composition

>Hell, even Path of Exile does not run with the latest crap.
I ran it perfectly a few months back w/ DXVK. Unless something has changed, you're probably just doing something wrong. Like said, use Lutris.

Yeep alls you need is lutris. Works for custom maid 3d2 as well.

Attached: 591470.jpg (565x750, 61K)

protondb.com/stats
>amd
>just use lutris, lol
you won't meme me this time, cunt

>protondb.com/stats
uhh okay, Lutris is just a front end for wine that runs custom install scripts. You can literally run proton as a runner in Lutris. Also, I am not sure what you are getting at, you never mentioned your GPU or what game you are trying to run. This thread originally started out about AMD sucking in Linux but OP was proven wrong, and now you are saying Linux sucks for gaming and while it is not as good as windows the main limitation in most cases is DRM or anti-cheat software that is preventing other games from running under proton or wine runners.

Vulkan is pretty good on new amd cards
But Nvidia is superior for now because lot's of emulators and games use OpenGL

>I am not sure what you are getting at

Attached: because reading is hard.png (1155x268, 93K)

>Don't bother with gayming
ftfy

don't use the open source drivers like an autist

works fine on my machine :^)

...What exactly are you trying to prove with that image? The Nvidia has a larger marketshare than AMD?

>install arch aka wiki cuck: the distro

>praising ignorance this much

>The* Nvidia has a larger marketshare than AMD?
That*

Are you trolling? They’re ratings of game compatibility with Linux.

These stats are near worthless as the mass data that is being collected does not have a control to compare the two sets of data. You have a random aggregate of data. What we could have is, more nvidia users use distros that result in more platinum gaming experience compared to AMD users.

They're user-submitted reports, you fucking retard. A lot more people own Nvidia cards, so Nvidia compatibility is reported a lot more often. How is this so hard for you to comprehend? Though I guess if you're the retarded OP who can't even set up something so basic without fucking it up, it makes sense that you're a bit slow.

>i-its just more marketshare lmao

These anons don't understand stats.
This user does.

No, I understand statistics full and well, which is why I said that image doesn't really show anything other than that Nvidia has a larger marketshare. It doesn't prove the point that the OP is trying to make.

open source drivers don't even boot

>run debian as default machine
>stable packages are love
>stable packages are life
>have nvidia gpu
>was told that gaymes could work on linux
>clickbait articles claim that losedows developers should be scared that muh gnu/loonix gaming is a thing
>can't even get steam to fucking load
>mrw xtreme tux racer blacks out every fifteen seconds
>this is my life now

Attached: 1518229100834.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

based

Nigga us fossfags literally call them novideo for a reason

>data is worthless except in a randomized controlled experiment
Turkheimer is that you?

just keep using windows 7, end of the support doesn't mean anything, the worst that can happen is that mainstream software won't support it a few years after the support ends

tried that still screen tearing
i use the nvidia drivers non of that nouvou shit

make sure that you're hitting apply and hitting "save x configuration file" or whatever it is, nvidia-settings can be kind of janky about saving your changes sometimes, you should also turn off the vsync option in whatever your wm/compositor is

but, that option is essentially driver-level vsync so it should absolutely fix any screentearing issues. there's a little bit of other fuckery you need to do if you're using dual-graphics, by the way.

It's the other way around, Nouveau has all sorts of problems and proprietary drivers can send your hardware on a wild ride after a simple update.

see