Makes other IDEs obsolete and useless

>makes other IDEs obsolete and useless
Heh, nothing personnel Linux/macOS kid

Attached: greatest_ide_in_the_world.png (680x420, 372K)

>implying IDEs aren't obsolete and useless
>in 2010+9

Attached: red-pill-2.jpg (750x420, 27K)

VS isn't :^))

How many gigabytes is it again?
it doesn't matter, Code::Blocks is always smaller and faster

>Code::Blocks
Did they fix the autocomplete yet or is it still in the same state as it was in 1998

Attached: laughing-dog.jpg (526x390, 25K)

Pretty sure macOS has it

this IDE is obsolete and beyond useless. you BTFO yourself in your own thread. congratulations, you dribbling retard.

My vim + xcode setup is more efficient in every measurable way. I guarantee it.

Denial and stockholm syndrome. Pretending vim > visual studio IDE is like comparing photoshop to a bunch of mspaint instances.

Nah you’re not following. Write the code in Vim, then close it and open Xcode to debug. It’s the best of both worlds.

Depending on what you want, around 25~30gb.

Not actually Visual Studio.

VS is available and open source for linux retard

Visual Studio Code, not Visual Studio 2019.

Visual Studio CODE is available on Macshit/Loonix
Visual Studio CODE is NOT Visual Studio
Visual Studio is an IDE
Visual Studio CODE is a really bad bloated text editor for python "self-taught" faggotrons
Real niggas who need real work done in a real language like C# will use Visual Studio on Chadows 10, the pure black design is like a black hole and exerts a gravitational force on all pussy in orbit, the autocompletion is so good you can write sophisticated neutral networks without even touching the keyboard, and with a single keystroke you can hack the planet. Visual Studio CODE just can not compete, and neither can the neckbeards or sissies using Lonnex/Macintosh with an SSD too slow to ever even install chad sourced software like Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise Edition™

Even in Windows, Qt Creator is vastly fucking superior.

Jetbrains softwares are better and more widely used than visual
vscode is king for webdev tho

Are there any noticeable performance improvements, or latency fixes in 2019? Starting from 2013 everything just fucking crawls, it's the main reason I stayed on 2010

Whats up with all the visual studio shills today?

t. actual retard

>Write the code in Vim, then close it and open Xcode to debug
Disgusting

The paid Microsoft shills are trying to get their bonuses.

>qt
>superior to anything

It's not like he has much of a choice. Trying to interop with xcode is like pounding spikes up your dick.

i want pajets to leave

Superior to everything. Try it.

I did. It's abysmal. It's also expensive as balls unless you want to be a GNUcuck, whereas VS community is 100% free.

Also don't even get me started on how awful QMake is

rad studio

>expensive
bawwww poor nonfreefuck can't make his software GPL, cry more

VS allows me to make real world software for free

Enjoy your GPLcuckery

GNU/Linux*

I don't know how a developer who knows how things work would ever use a proprietary text editor.

what else would you use?

>muh proprietary boogyman
Most sane people don't have a problem with proprietary software. Only autistic screeching nerds from Jow Forums do.

>forces you to use windows cancer toolchain and ecosystem
A terminal with standard unix tools is an IDE.

Because in the real world, concrete functionality trumps intangible political/philosophical horseshit.

Most people are tech illiterate consumers, so good argument.

just use gdb

Did they removed the fucking 1gb jsnode server that runned for fucking nothing in the background even if it doesn't got used?

That was so fucking annoying with the 2017 version.

see

Jetbrains software is fucking trash that needs an fucking hour to start even on highend hardware.

It's like they used open source software shitted an ugly gui over it and a background timer that delayes the start of the IDE for 10 minutes.

Who pays for this is probably...

>people paying to get the "android studio experience"
It can't be possible.
Even paying for emacs makes more sense

>fails interview
heh, nothing personal

Attached: 9dc03a46ea6663c2a7e3bbf74a855347a445c3df.png (1470x745, 77K)

I have installed VS several times in my life, each time it was a painful overlong experience that ended with it not even working properly. It's bloated trash.

Rajeet, you're not being paid those pennies to shitpost.

This. Also, VS runs on Mac, but there's really no point unless you actually want to deploy your .net core shit to OSX for some perverse reason.

>Visual Studio CODE is a really bad bloated text editor for python "self-taught" faggotrons
Fuck how did you know

Attached: 1515387356032.gif (320x230, 2.73M)

Visual studio is fucking amazing. Go try it. You WILL get left behind in a few years if you don't start learning how things work around here.

>open VS
>get a raging boner

Its code completion and debugging tools are slow and almost useless. :(

>VS debugging is useless.
What you say son of basterd bitch?

I tried it when it first started to hype. I found it offering nothing new so I uninstalled it.
What changed in the last 2 years? What can it do that other IDEs can't?

chad energy

>IDEs
user... I..

You can get a minimal install with around 1.5 GB now.
But Code::Blocks is literal garbage and no serious programmers use it.

*sip*

Yep, vim is the only true text editor in the world.

Attached: 8F9F0F17-ADF3-4BCD-A16F-3081564B1EAB.jpg (250x229, 10K)

Actually, Visual Studio, not code, is available on macOS.

BASED

I guess I got my ass blasted

VS is nothing like it used to be. MS has stepped up their game the last few years across their developer product lines.

I think around 5GB but I only have .NET and WPF modules installed. It takes 3 seconds to open on my 2011 laptop.

Code has better support for other languages, I use it for Laravel and stuff. It's also superior dealing with folders and multiple files.

From what I was told it's pretty much a gimped version of it.

120GB only for powershell scripts, 200GB if you want to have running python

fucking based. coding c# in visual studio is the best.

Based and microsoftpilled

based c#had