What will phones look like in 10 years?

what will phones look like in 10 years?

Attached: akrales_190307_3272_0020.0.jpg (1200x800, 87K)

Maybe foldable screens will be the norm

High resolution contact lenses.

wont exist. constant integration through contact lenses/ocular tech of some sort which will be followed shortly by full on neural implants making our integration with technology and each other completely seamless and constant.

Entirely unusable

This, probably flexible wearable phones that can fold up into a smartwatch. Along with some sort of AR/VR lenses there could be all kinds of interesting possibilities

>still needing a phone in 2029
wow

If smart contact lenses will become the norm, there will be an even larger segregation between luddites and tech users.
If smart lenses will be used to give us a constant feed of information, I think I'll feel much more inclined to leave them at home than I do with my smartphone now.

You are super stupid. Almost no one older then 10 years old would go for that. Not saying that won’t happen but even if the tech is developed it would take a generation for people to become accustomed to something like that. You are also vastly overestimating the benefits. This isn’t a sci fi movie.

>This isn’t a sci fi movie.
I bet you were screaming that at some random person that PADD(s) will never be real.

No, I can separate fiction from reality, and I’m not autistic so I can predict human behavior somewhat. There has not been a single major leap in technology since I was born(the 80s). Everything we have today is just incremental improvements on existing tech. Contact lense phone type tech is perhaps possible in our lifetimes, but keep in mind many people do not like shit in their eyeballs and won’t easily change their mind, all similar tech like google glass crashed and burned, and again tech is incremental, in 10 years we would be lucky to have an actual polished contact lense phone type device much less widespread adoption. As far as neural link get real. We are where computers were in the 50s(maybe earlier) as far as that tech goes, and how many people do you know that would stick a computer directly into their brain? We will, maybe, see some sort of neural link like you are imagining decades from now, and it will be a generation after that before widespread adoption. You are just young and don’t realize how slow tech really moves. I can give you dozens of examples if you want

shcizo

Attached: windowsphone6.jpg (584x382, 70K)

This civilization won't last another ten years.

Why would you want to see your hand all the time through your phone?

Was just gonna post this. Prob would be better because you still have a place you grip so you don't see your hand

Attached: handterminal.jpg (1414x795, 61K)

both are literally worse than current phones

Non unironically e ink color screen. If they make it good enough it will be a big revolution for our eyes and battery life.

Attached: color_pocketbook_frontlight_8_inches_11.jpg (3630x2400, 1.34M)

as long as refresh rate goes fast enough to watch movies/youtube it can catch on.

But maybe just for the dumbphone niche audience

sort of agree but it seems like there's absolutely no investment going into e ink right now

google glass failed because it looked dumb and had limited functionality. normies will jump at the chance to own some smart raybans though.

The one from Expanse is like a portable Star Trek holodeck. Imagine all the waifus you could live with.

Attached: TheExpanse_science_103_02.jpg (1920x1080, 163K)

If smart lenses are the future then how will I be supposed to show poorfags that they're apple lenses? This can't be real, this is NOT my future!!!!

>Imagine all the waifus you could live with.
see-through screens and even "holograms" are less realistic than 2D tho

and pointless due to VR being better by then

At best a companion computational brick for your AR glasses, but let's be real, they're going to push cloud shit.

in 10 years we probably won use phones at all

at least i hope so

im so done with smartphones at this point really waiting for the next thing to happen already

I hope something like pic related.

>robust design
>lightweight
>open for double screen space
>there is an actual metal bezel
>you don't need a case
>stuff on local storage is just temp
>your stuff is online, encrypted
>lose your phone, you buy a new one, authenticate and done
>battery life irrelevant, put it close to a charger once a month

We will not care about hardware anymore, all of them will do everything, it will depend on your online OS, only the design will change a little bit.

Go to work, pick up your robust, rugged one, go to party at the weekend, pick up your sleek designed one, keep using all of your apps and data instantly.

All phone cameras are good enough, we will be laughing about how excited we were about phones in the past.

Attached: file.png (640x360, 487K)

It wont matter what they look like when they will all be used rectally

Prob not that different. Phone manufacturers aren't really innovating anymore, just adding useless features - 3 rear cameras, ultra HD resolution screen, 1TB of storage etc. They'll reach a plateau just like desktops PCs have

Attached: hp-future.jpg (468x424, 41K)

Hell, I've never even had 1 smart phone to experience things get better and better I feel so out of the loop. They still expensive as shit though not to mention the shitty american cell companies' monthly prices just for the service.

invisible body implants so the CIA niggers can keep track of us at all times

we have seen how far microchipping technology has come in pets it is only matter of time until they shove a phone into that

The iPhone is 12 years old and fundamentally isn't all that different from phones now. Average size has gone up, the screen now occupies nearly all of the front, but it's basically the same thing.

In ten years, foldable phones may well be the norm, and we may swing back in the direction of smaller (or at least slimmer) phones without the need for a big screen on one side. Notches/camera holes will be gone in favor of cameras that work through the screen. We might have fully wraparound screens that cover the entire device. Thinner phones are a given, and we could have flexible phones as well.

Attached: apple iphone.jpg (282x500, 43K)

It’ll look like whatever Apple releases in 9 years.

what improvements does the current phone formula need?
maybe physical keyboards will make a comeback dunno I'm not Steve Jobs.

what the fuck is the circle with the square thingy at the huge fucking bottom bezel?

iToddlers BTFO

Attached: satania11.gif (540x540, 279K)

Not saying it won’t happen because people generally don’t see it coming but I see no signs of a fundamental shift or breakthrough in phone tech coming any time soon. It’s just as likely that phones plateu like desktops and get slight improvements, and instead we get some other tech breakthrough that’s only somewhat or barely related to phones. Like you said we may get a design change like folding phones, but I’m guessing what we have now is more or less what we will have for the foreseeable future.

Already there

Man is it just this one guy saying this all day every day in every thread? I know it’s the worst possible thing to give someone like this attention but it’s starting to get annoying. I know the response this will get me but it had to be said.

>is it just this one guy
There are only two people on this site. You and me.

Attached: sataniapajeet.gif (800x1400, 260K)

Attached: 5cb4c67b775bc77bbe5ca5e9-750-500[1].jpg (750x500, 68K)

What did phones look like 10 years ago?
Exactly the fucking same as today except a bit smaller.

Lower sperm counts

Kek this

Awesome, that's what it is

This reminds me of those old futuristic ads and concepts I watched on 2008-2010 YouTube as a child.

Attached: 1555034457547.jpg (628x473, 52K)

Thinner with stronger frames with longer battery life. Random gimmicky add-ons like the ability to test blood gluclose, pressure, just by squeezing the phone.
Built in projectors and laser keyboards and phones with stretchable and retractable screens. Phones that roll up. We're essentially at peak smart phone and diminishing returns are in full affect.

Attached: 1555061462397.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

>If smart lenses will be used to give us a constant feed of information, I think I'll feel much more inclined to leave them at home than I do with my smartphone now.

It would be on demand. You just bring it up whenever you want/need the HUD.

Attached: eye.jpg (491x491, 57K)

>stronger and better battery life

Literally all phones have done since they first came out was got weaker and weaker. Even the freaking backs of our phones are glass now. They have never been more fragile. And batteries have at best stayed the same, if not gotten worse. Every time we get a better battery they make it do more. So what makes you think we will get those things exactly? Not saying they shouldn’t do it, that should be the next move, and frankly should have been for a bit now. History just tells us that’s not what will happen

>Thinner folding phones with lithium metal/sulfur batteries.
>0-80% QC in 10 minutes and last 1-2 days of moderate use because devices too thin to benefit too highly from new battery tech
>Camera FINALLY not trash in low light
>Honestly kinda boring, not much else to change until your phone is an implant which brings its own problems.

nigga glass can stop bullets.

Boring.

Just hook a Bluetooth nosering to your IoT vape mod with infinity screen and use VOIP

like bags of sand