>finally decide to install linux

>fall for the meme
>buggy as fuck
>i start to regret it
>man up and try Debian
>instantly delighted

why is the best distro not the most popular distro bros? how do we change that?

Attached: New_logo_tex.png (1233x314, 5K)

because if you have problems with manjaro you're definitely retarded

t. manjaro internet defence force

> have problems installing Manjaro
The State of Winfags

>I'm too retarded to use an rolling release distro specifically meant to newcomers to linux so I had to run to debian
OP

Debian is pretty easy and the most sane distro for Linux. It's complex but simple at the same time. Manjaro is a bootleg version of Arch that defeats the arch purpose anyway.
Glad you saw the light OP.

Attached: 1555175876959s.jpg (210x250, 6K)

debian is good but too old by default, it will works OOB only on old computer

for any recent computer I would recommand Ubuntu wich has newer kernel by default and therefore better hardware compatibility with new device

Just install Arch or Gentoo

>that is a really fucking cool gif
Debian stable or debian

>run debian stable on desktop
>everything is ancient and runs like shit

>run debian testing on desktop
>a package is broken and won't be fixed for months

>run debian unstable on desktop
>breaks every time you update

Debian is for servers and office desktops where they run Stable, not home computers.

Why not compile the most recent kernel on Debian? Ubuntu does nothing better than Debian except coming prettier out of the box. Ubuntu should be the training wheels for you before jumping to Debian but every normalfag loves either windows or Ubuntu so who cares. Debian was never the most popular but was always one of the most popular, replying to the OP. Manjaro is a meme distro. Use Arch/Solus/Void if you want rolling release distros that don't shit bricks on upgrades.

For me the TouchPad don't worked during installation, same on all Arch live cds
Works after install though, LOL

Debian testing+sid for the best of both worlds

I've been using Debian on my laptop/pcs for 10 years, using buster right now and never had a problem with upgrades. Reading the documentation, using apt-listbugs and knowing how apt works helps a lot. Granted, on stable some programs become too old, but there's always either a .deb file somewhere that is working or you just compile it.

I'm running Manjaro in 4 different PCs and there's no issues at all.

don't install a community version if u don't want issues

manjaro is a buggy piece of shit for brainets.
btw I use arch.

thats basically what every arch user does

Where do people get this "Manjaro is a meme distro" from. I use it and for me it just werks. Before this I was using Mint which also worked alright but the kde version was buggy as hell. Manjaro kde has worked out of the box for me. Debian didn't work very well for me out of the box. My point is that depending on your hardware you're going to have varying experiences for each distro. You're gonna need a lot more than "it's a meme cus it doesn't work on my machine"/"its bootleg arch"

imagine having to do this convoluted shit just to update your software, debian was a mistake

what does debian do more than ubuntu ? nothing

>One day into Linux distros
>Debian is the best guys
How can you even think your opinion is valid?

>>everything is ancient and runs like shit
People here still run Windows 7 so I don't think this is a good argument.

>what is drivers

manjaro is as buggy as any linux distro and is for people who want the benefits of arch without having to build a system from scratch every time you install

>the best
>not xubuntu

it lets people who are too stupid to use any other distro feel like they're not ubuntu babies

Not that dude, but are you too stupid to build a fucking Arch install? It's literally 80IQ tier setup. Just follow the fucking guide. It's literally setting up services, editing a few config files, parting a disk, mounting shit then installing packages which are already made for you. Takes no less time than any other distro if you have half a brain. Shit I made my own install script the 3rd time after I picked out all the packages I wanted and nothing else.

Any distro where you can install ONLY the packages you want and services you want is by definition the best. Debian/Mint/Ubcuntu/etc are all bloated pieces of shit filled with crap you don't need.

>parting a disk,
I can't part a disc messed solid state. I mean it's solid how do you put it into parts then you would have two solids

>This

Arch is pretty great. I always thought it was a meme with the "It's too hard!!!!11!111!" bullshit posts and the "Secret club" shit floating around it. But I decided to give it a go and loved it.

>Have Debian on old ass laptop, Sony Vaio
>Debian was my second distro after Mint
>Use it for programming C and Ruby
>Bloated install, GNOME by default wtf
>Can't get work done, compile times are huge
>Compiler leaves the system bricked until it's done.
>Decide I need a new development environment
>Look at distro's, all bloated with different bullshit
>Finally cave and install Arch to pick packages.
>Pick bare bones core, utils, base and then language/compiler packages, a music player too.
>Spend two nights on the install, confusing because the wireless card needed proprietary firmware
>Finish install following guide on wiki,
>Fast as fuck, Blue Hedgehog levels of speed.
>Compile large .c files in a fraction of the time.
>whoa.jpeg
>Install Arch on a 2TB disk I had laying around in my Window's 7 gaymen rig.
>32 GB Ram, BIOS/EUFI dual mobo, Nvidia 980 card, Three monitor setup.
>Don't even gaymen anymore.
>Install same Arch as on laptop, packages and all.
>i3, Polybar, KDE, custom IDE with Vi, etc,etc,etc.
>Best fucking dev station I've ever had.

Arch is amazing, the customization is huge, the managment ability is fucking super, and with constant backups to my NAS, even if I break something I can just slap it back on in an hour. Plus, it helped me learn a great deal about Linux that I've created my own scripts and utilities I posted to the AUR.

I'm not saying installing arch is hard you fucking dickweed, we all know it's not. I have an arch machine too. But some people don't want to install all their packages from fucking scratch every single fucking time they get a new machine. Is that seriously so hard to grasp for you arch tards? That someone would want to just install a distro and have everything just werk? Also, saying arch takes the exact same time to install as any other distro is a straight up lie. In less than 5 minutes I could install manjaro with whatever flavor distro you'd like, arch takes significantly more time because you have to install everything. Even if you're not a retard that installs one package at a time like OP probably does it still takes more time than literally any other mainstream distro.
>any distro where you can install ONLY the packages you want
okay so literally any distro if you're not a brainlet and know what rm does. People who cry about bloat are fucking retards

>ancient
who honestly cares about being on the bleeding edge except zoomers?
>runs like shit
debian runs better on my old machines than any other distro...

>Install something like Debian or Ubcuntu
>Guided install through GUI
>OMEHGOD SO EZ!!!! JUST WERKS
>Install still has to download bloat, meaning all packages you don't want or will never use
>Takes up more bandwith, depending on DL speed of your connection, may take a while to DL the entire package list and dependencies
>Hurdur I'll just rm those packages! Maybe even Auto-remove or Purge!
>Spend time finding bloat to remove, wait for them to complete the removal and typing the commands
>Hur, all clean!
>Accidentally fucks up another packages dependency or fucks up a directory.
>Still left with any .config files
>Doesn't revert changes possibly left in existing config files
>May miss packages because retard was impatient.
> OMEHGOH I SAVED SO MUCH TIME!!
>Could have been avoided by simply smashing out a fucking Arch install script and running it.

Fucking hell m8, just go back to Ubuntu or Windows you flaming faggot.

I'd agree with you but X broke again and I need to fix that first.

you're the retard for not knowing how to remove software. if the only way you know how to have a minimal system is if you install it that way, you are a retard with a shit-tier understanding of computers, and in this case file systems and their management. nobody is impressed with a script to install a distro solely so you can pretend it makes your dick bigger on the internet.

>Being this much of a brainlet, can't install Arch, can't defend his own points, can't understand removal is worse than never installing it and still claims it saves time

Oh boy, this shit is surreal.

spotted the NEET

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

Attached: archlets btfo.jpg (720x532, 65K)

LOOK AT
>
>
>
>
ME
>
>
>
>
NOT READING
>
>
>
>
ALL THAT
>
>
>
>
SHIT

LMFAO

>Debian testing+sid
Just install Ubuntu

It's memed because it's at the top most downloaded on distrowatch. Plus it's basically babby's first Arch.

this

>this many problems with Debian, an easy and super stable distro
You're just a retard brainlet faggot, kys

Odd. I've tried many Linux distros, Ubuntu (and it's spinoffs), Fedora, Mint, Debian, Solus, and many others and I found Manjaro to be the most "comfortable" or "complete feeling" coming from a Windows background.

>who cares about being on the bleeding edge
The absolute state of Jow Forums

>another Linux thread with posting saying that their junk is better than the other
>not just installing Windows or having a Mac that just works

Yikes!

you're just a brainlet that needs an OS to wipe your ass along the way for everything like ubuntu/mint and manjaro. if all that is too much work for you, go back to windoos and macoos faggot

what is it that makes you "complete" for me, any distro can make me feel complete. do what i need to do - im happy.

I don't bother testing out all the different options, but out of those I have tried: Ubuntu, Arch, Gentoo, Slack, OpenBSD, and Debian, I just love Debian. It's so easy and just works. I have a box that I installed the standard Debian with Gnome 3 and another that I did the ~300MB netinst on before adding i3 and whatever else I needed, when I needed it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Debian has required the least fixing out of anything I've ever used.

my experience
>ubuntu never runs worth a fuck even with "lightweight" DE
>debian is all old shit unless you go testing which still isn't as good as the AUR
>fedora takes 3 whole minutes to boot
>arch takes 2min to boot and takes way too much time to set up
>manjaro i3 works out of the box and boots in 45 seconds

everyone who need stuff to work is already on either windows or os x
linux on the desktop is a permanent pissing contest between different breeds of retards that's why its not going anywhere and never will

Man up and try Ubuntu. Your delight will quadruple.

>install just the minimal through the installer
>over 1GiB
>install just the minimal through the expert installer
>~300MiB
>install debjan base package
>~300MiB