>16 incredibly expensive, fragile robots
>to pull a relatively light truck at a snail's pace

always reminds me of this

keiththompsonart.com/pages/needle.html

Attached: needle.jpg (638x498, 88K)

>scared of dogs
nigger detected

Real intelligence does it better

Attached: 1984s6hssk3w5jpg.jpg (1600x900, 148K)

It's kind of silly honestly, a simple tread system on these sized robots could probably generate 20x the pulling power.

I think it's more supposed to just show how they can work together, but, yeah, pretty scary. Another ten years and a bunch of jobs will be in the hands of robots.

no really it isn't!

>in soviet russia-

Attached: edd76f03cd3bdc7aa2e925db86c405e2.png (559x104, 9K)

>le robots are scary xddddd terminator skynet xddd
Reddit is that way --->

It's the TAU!!

Attached: Warhammer.jpg (225x225, 12K)

not worrying - it's fucking awesome

Well, well, wagie. Looks like you're about to become obsolete soon. But until then... *cracks whip* faster!

Attached: 1529898896293.jpg (1200x950, 400K)

Exactly it was already stolen and reverse engineered by chinks already.

So i can order them on Alibaba in bulk for 50 $ each? I fucking love Communism!

It's just showing they can load share on legs. The whole point of these things is they aren't on treads, so they can navigate much more difficult terrain.

stupid russians

Attached: quzyz.jpg (620x387, 26K)

Does this company have one viable products yet or just memes?

Those things can probably move for 15 minutes before they need a charge.

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-cuarta-pelicula-hideaki-anno-produccion.jpg (1080x600, 139K)

It's not a consumer-based company, it's a research and development lab formerly contracted by the military and presently owned by Google. Of course nothing it produces is going to be viable. But it's setting the groundwork for a future of corporate and military grade robotics. And then some number of decades after that maybe you'll see something consumer grade.

But you do kind of get the feeling that a lot of the significance of Boston Dynamics has kind of peaked.

All just so zoomers don't have to open doors

so in other words everything is pointless and just rich people flexing.

No. You're retarded. Technology isn't magic. It doesn't simply happen. People aren't going to wake up one day and say "looks like processors have hit the magic number and we can turn on our magic kinemetic motion algorithm for navigation of real world physics environments using real world material."

im sure 16 robots pulling a truck is peak humanity and a step closer to reach inmortality and challengue god.
back to watch mythbusters science boy.

It's not owned by Google anymore.

Oh? (one wiki later) what do you know, the technophiles bought it up. Yeah, sounds about right. There work started looking less ground-breaking and more mass-production. Not to bad-mouth them or anything; they're still the only ones that do quite what they do (that we know of), but I guess everyone realized that the material technology and software strategies just aren't quite there yet for what they were trying, so now they'll become sophisticated novelty. (Or maybe my opinion of Japan is a bit harsh.)

>LE ROBOT APOCALYPSE IS UPON US, REDDITBROS! Jow ForumsFUTURISM TOLD ME TO FEAR DEEP LEARNING
Jesus fuck, just go back.

Imagine thousands of these doggos but each with a machine gun and can coordinate/share image with other doggos nearby.

damn that is scary

R&D labs rarely produce anything directly useful. What they produce is data on what works and what doesn't. Production engineers and marketers then turn their research into something that can be manufactured and sold. BD is making IP, not products.

How long until I can buy one of these and make it fetch me beers, hold stuff if I need a free hand, integrate it into a VR setup and mount a fleshlight on it while it does youtube.com/watch?v=kHBcVlqpvZ8

OMG destroy le robot

Attached: .jpg (709x600, 120K)

current era > medieval > cyberpunk

>doggos
flying drones

mwi.usma.edu/era-drone-swarm-coming-need-ready/

the dogs would still be better in forests or tunnels, or to transport heavier weapons.

Someone posted this on the other thread streamable.com/gjtvv