How do i shrink my C partition /g? cant get past 400gb, and only 50gb are being used

How do i shrink my C partition /g? cant get past 400gb, and only 50gb are being used.
Using the wndows partition manager btw, should i try an alternative? suggestions appreciated

Attached: universal_paperclips (2).png (1346x636, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gparted.org/livecd.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm more interested in how do you get 3 billion clips without cheating

If it's on a HDD you shouldn't shrink shit.

by playing the game, you have to fail a few times to figure out the winning variables. took me more than a day i think

why? im dualbooting win10, how do i make space for my loonix partition?

and thats not 3 billion clips faggot

answer me /g, and roll in the process

Attached: 1539966402226.png (3840x2160, 1.61M)

you guys convinced me to try linux, now help me get it working

Jesus christ, just boot in to Gparted

its gonna break windows i know it, why wouldnt it let me do it otherwise?

Dude, I've used it to resize windows partitions dozens of time. You wanted an answer and now you're bitching that you don't like it.
The fuck dude

Attached: 1437367193798.jpg (605x695, 60K)

ok im on it

>its gonna break windows i know it
Even if it does, just reinstall it. You can get windows 10 for "free" anyway.

Use another program like minitool partition wizard

I'll just give you one tip. Don't move the starting location of the partition and you'll be 100% fine. Just shrink from the ending side of the partition (in Gparted it is visualized on the right side being the "end")

Don't use linux, it is a very shady piece of software.
Think it twice man: In life nothing is for free, if it is then most of the times it is a trap. People say linux is free but it has its hidden cost. Don't fall for this.

What hidden "cost" is there to linux?

You could try defragmenting the hard drive, I did that a long time ago I think that helped

Yes, please what hidden cost?

gParted

Attached: Program Manager.png (960x607, 23K)

already done, no change. google says something about unmovable files at the end of the partition

is that sarcastic?

website looks pajeet scam tier to be honest

>commas instead of periods
ugh

You are more suspicious in network traffic as a user of minor OS(serwers don't surf web as far as I know?), also code of this lyynox is online so it is a flaw, you know, hackers dont commit patches if they find vulnerability...

Also If you dive into programming/scripting and use them to ease your life, you will suffer using anything else. SAVE YOUR SOUL

>is that sarcastic?
What are offsets?

>Retardation 100

What do you mean?

still doesnt let me do it on gparted, do i really need to make a live usb? i swear win is < 50gb

Attached: Screenshot_20190416_175704.png (554x306, 23K)

is there a reason why resizing partitions on an HDD is bad? I'm not following

dude you have to unmount the drive to resize partitions on it, so yes you need to boot from a live USB. If you're attempting to partition/resize the drive while it's in use, it's not going to work

Attached: Screenshot_20190416_180240.png (1366x768, 79K)

I don't recommend shrinking windows past 75GB. If you have enough ram, you could disable pagesys and delete hibernation file to save space, but it fills up fast.

fuck its too much work, i think im calling quits for today

lol pussy.

i dont really use windows anymore, i want to keep it there knowing it works just in case

i love it as much as any other Jow Forumstard but i have better things to do with my time

Then shrink it, image it and store it.

>t. confused amerimutt

>learning new things
>too much work
lol, even my dog can shrink partitions to make space for GNU/Linux. Just do it

im having trouble with step 1 but its a good idea

>confused
Don't forget uk does it too.

>its too much work
it's really not man.
>download ISO of preferred distro
>set up live USB using UNetBootin, Win32DiskImager, Rufus, any of that shit
>reboot, go to BIOS, boot from USB
>select "Try this distro" instead of installing
>open gparted in distro
>you can now resize partitions on C drive

honestly if you're having trouble with this, wait until you try to set up grub to detect your windows installation

Attached: jdi.gif (498x252, 1.08M)

Can your dog come and help me plz

see
will get it done tomorrow, and congrats on your highly intelligent doggo

its all about learning i guess

Shrinking happens at the end of the partition. If your partition is fragmented, you can only shrink from the end of the partition back to the last fragment...I think.

thank you very much guys, appreciate the help.
gotta go but i promise to finish this tomorrow

windows doesnt work as you'd expect, first thing i did was defragment the drive

>Can your dog come and help me
Only if you are not too far away because I can't throw sticks very far and have no idea how to describe yours address, or... wait, he will resolve your IP and be there for 10 minutes

>congrats on your highly intelligent doggo
Thank you (he wrote this)

It can corrupt your data

Gparted does this for you.

In the end if you are very affraid of resizing partition you can just live it as it is and mont it under linux and just use this ntfs partition like any other.
I do it this way:
30 GiB partition for linux root file system + rest of my 256 GiB SSD for windows, mounted in linux and used as a storage partition

WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING THIS FROM A USB BOOTABLE
The harddrive you're editing the partitions. on should NEVER be in use or have mounted partitions.
Download the USB/Live CD Gparted dude, that what I meant, flash it to a thumb drive and do it from there.
gparted.org/livecd.php