RO water

Redpill me on the reverse osmosis water.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (480x600, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf
reddit.com/r/preppers/comments/b5d6an/water_has_been_contaminated_for_decades/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Excellent for survival against contaminated water, but in normal circumstances, it also filters out healthy minerals in the water.

It is also quite wasteful, it discards approximately 8-9 times the amount of water in order for you to get what it produces at your tap.

So, its good for shitty water quality, but not useful and probably wasteful if you have good city water.

If you have good city water, you can buy a ceramic filter with a chlormine filter. Bit easier to install. Not necessarily cheaper though in the long run.

I used to think it was bullshit, but fluoride actually does calcify the pineal gland.

>reverse osmosis water.
huh? wtf is that?

RO is actually excellent technology. Problem is when you shop for RO systems for your entire house or for a single faucet, companies can claim whatever bullshit they want. They can claim "removal of 99.999% of contaminants" but the only way to prove it is by independent testing of several different water samples from several different sources.

If you are shopping for an RO system then good luck. And if you want reviews, most of them are on bullshit websites run by "natural moms" or whatever.

My water are not so good. Sign of rust on shitter and sink.
But my main concern about how it affecting health. Lot of info about how ro water wipe out minerals from organism.
And since i have problems with kidneys i should drink a lot of water.

Natural spring water has very little minerals in it anyway. 20-100 times less than what you get from food.

You are right.
No luck with useful info on pubmed either.

This is true.
But "some" studies claims that demineralised ro water wiping out minerals from entire body that was consumed with food.

I cannot think of any mechanism that would cause that. In one case you're absorbing water with trace amounts of minerals, and in another you're just absorbing water. Don't see how the trace minerals would have any effect when you already consume so many more. If you're really worried you can drop some magnesium, calcium, etc. in there. I actually tried doing this thinking it would make my distilled water taste better; it didn't, the distiller is just fucked up somehow. But let me tell you, seeing the shit left over in my distiller makes me not want to drink tap water.

YOU WANT OSMOSIS? YOU GOT OSMOSIS

Attached: Mfw+osmosis+jones+content+_3561fdada950bad79b4792e9d29b3669.jpg (275x356, 87K)

Btw, I have seen RO filter models that inject minerals into the filtered water for you, so it resembles spring water as closely as possible.

>office building
>on glorified well water from a private company
>by an old army airfield
>find out later there was a massive TCE contamination of the ground water from that airfield
>our buildings had RO systems installed after one too many nitrite scares
>not every building did
Wew lads. Imagine getting cancer from your wagie cagie.

Lotta cases like that man. Heard of this town that was drinking water contaminated by a teflon manufacturer for 40 years. Only found it because someone bothered to test it after all those decades. Residents weren't even aware that there was a teflon manufacturer near them.

>The importance of water calcium was also confirmed in a one-year study of rats on a
fully adequate diet in terms of nutrients and salts and given desalinated water with added
dissolved solids of 400 mg/L and either 5 mg/L, 25 mg/L, or 50 mg/L of calcium (3, 32). The
animals given water dosed with 5 mg/L of calcium exhibited a reduction in thyroidal and other
associated functions compared to the animals given the two higher doses of calcium.
who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

And where was that?

no idea reddit.com/r/preppers/comments/b5d6an/water_has_been_contaminated_for_decades/

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (1000x780, 110K)

reverse osmosis is pushing seawater through some filter making fresh water? now I don't understand what's happening on the left with regular osmosis.

it's a good technique that can produce water that is very pure, similar in quality to distillation. how it works is the water is passed through a series of prefilters that removes sediment and other impurities. this is to extend the life of the RO membrane and increase efficiency slightly. finally it is forced through a cylindrical membrane where only the very pure water molecules can flow into the center and out into the pure feed while the other ~80% of water is ejected out the waste feed. it's a good tech but very wasteful since it takes roughly 5 gallons of water to make 1 gallon of RO filtered water, so unless you have a good reason to need to filter water that pure, it may make more sense to go with a different type of filter such as one that removes sediment or a carbon filter that removes chemicals, or even a UV filter to kill microorganisms. RO systems often employ the first two as pre-filters and can also use UV or deionizing post filters.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Pure Water Induced Calcium Deficiency Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Drink Some Milk Like Nigga Eat An Ice Cream Cone Haha

Well judging buy that pic I think it's the same thing, only in "normal" osmosis you want an even more concentrated shit in your water (the right side of the U tube) and in reverse osmosis you want to filter it out into the left side. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Attached: 1549471417564.jpg (396x298, 31K)

but how does the filter add garbage to the fresh water in osmosis? also why?

It doesn't add anything, notice there are no red particles in the left pic for normal osmosis. It just becomes more concentrated in the right side of the tube. In reverse osmosis you can fully filer out certain particles into the left side. But again, I'm just guessing here.

but what is even happening in the left pic? there is no pressure, there is no particles coming in. so why is it concentrated?

Healthy meals are myth. they're only for taste. Plus most filters come with mineralizator.

My understanding

Obviously right side now is more concentrated than left side

Attached: 1534427869680.png (982x504, 29K)

It's a huge waste of fresh drinkable water, but very effective if you really need to filter water and regular filtering techniques aren't enough.

The pineal gland produced melatonin, which makes you more able to fall asleep. If fluoride disturbs it's function, it should give you insomnia. I think you'll probably see more effect from not staring at a computer screen at night though, since that inhibits natural melatonin production.

Underrated post.

but your pic looks like reverse osmosis, and not osmosis. I'm confused.

Are you trolling me? Normal and reverse osmosis works on the same principle, only in normal osmosis you want your water to be even more concentrated in whatever shit for whatever reason. In reverse osmosis you want to filter out shit so you can drink it.

Attached: 1532449587816.png (1000x780, 350K)

BTW I don't think you necessarily need "external pressure"

I get it now. it wasn't clear that water is being added and that the main thing was which part of the filter you'd want

>it also filters out healthy minerals in the water.
Dumb meme, a piece of bread is going to have 10x the "minerals" that all the water you drink in an entire day will have.

>It is also quite wasteful, it discards approximately 8-9 times the amount of water in order for you to get what it produces at your tap.
They are relatively wasteful but it's not anywhere near 8-9 times. More like 3 to 4 gallons of water used per gallon of output.

>but not useful and probably wasteful if you have good city water.
That's fair. Tap water in the vast majority of the US is just fine. If you're super ultra paranoid about heavy metals or other contaminants in water (which there definitely are, but in levels so low that it's a non-issue in 99% of locales) an under-sink RO system is a good buy. Couple hundred bucks installed and you can feel better about the water you're drinking.

This guy's right. If I were to get an RO system, I would absolutely send in water samples to a few different labs to verify it's actually working and worth using.

Buy a water filter thing to get rid of the fluorides regular bottled water is not good enough

I live in a small town without fluoride but my smart jewpajeet friend is aware of their tricks and got some unfluorider thign

Microdosing your water can help undo the fluoride damage

this is how it works you dummies. note that there is a flow restrictor placed on the waste line after the membrane to get a balanced pressure and increase output.

Attached: 1.png (1000x1400, 446K)

It uses water to clean water. It's genius, why didn't anyone think of it before?

yes you do. the membrane only works because water is being forced through it. they even sell booster pumps for RO systems which increase output and efficiency.

i think it was developed by the US navy to make seawater drinkable.

>It uses water to clean water.
that's not how it works.

>city water
>good
what

what does it do better than a standard whole house water filtration + softener system? and doesn't RO waste a ton of water?

Attached: aquasana-description.png (954x642, 699K)

how the hell do you even get something like this?

Shut up, I put in four water and get out one water. What else could it be doing with three water?

what is the easiest way to filter out calcium and fruoride from my tap?

Wait that's all osmosis is? A fucking filter? Why not just call it filtered water

>The pineal gland produced melatonin, which makes you more able to fall asleep. If fluoride disturbs it's function, it should give you insomnia. I think you'll probably see more effect from not staring at a computer screen at night though, since that inhibits natural melatonin production.
It's well-documented that the pineal gland plays an important role in spiritual experiences. E.g. Kriya Yoga, developed in 1861, has an individual focus their attention on the third eye until a state of bliss is attained.

> 0.35um
RO operates at 0.001um. It does what stages 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 in pic are trying to do but more effectively. In exchange it wastes a ton of water and you have to add minerals to the output or it'll eat your pipes.

And why would I care about anything under 0.35um?

fruoride filter and a Distiller

Attached: 71KIR65xIxL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 139K)

yes but you still shower in it. How much does florude penetrate the skin?

And why would you want it?

>os·mo·sis
>/äzˈmōsəs,äsˈmōsəs/
>noun
>1.
>BIOLOGY•CHEMISTRY
>a process by which molecules of a solvent tend to pass through a semipermeable membrane from a less concentrated solution into a more concentrated one, thus equalizing the concentrations on each side of the membrane.

the filtration system is reverse osmosis.

i think a carbon filter can remove fluoride. idk about calcium.

My parents set up a RO system in our house 20 years ago because our water is shit. I can say that any appliance that uses tap water (washing machine, dishwasher etc) has had an abnormally long lifespan. They just recently changed the dishwasher which was stp up as they built the house. So yeah, if the cost is not ridiculous and you have shitty water it might be a good investment. Also, compared to any other shower I've ever used in my region, whenever I shower at my parents the sensation is different when it comes to using soap. If I use the same amount of soap I would in other showers it takes a long time to wash off. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I've noticed.

non alkaline water doesn't hydrate you

it takes a loger time to wash off the soap in other houses because x amount of water can only dissolve this much of stuff, and the less the water has dissolved stuff i it, the more it can take thats why you soften your water for washing mahines.

Makes sense. Thanks user.

RO filtration systems have to have their tank replaced every couple of years, pressure motors are prone to burning out etc.
I just use Doulton ceramic + CTO + EDF filters, no electronics or tanks required and no waste water.

>Doulton ceramic + CTO + EDF
no idea what any of this is. please elaborate

look it up retard

>EDF
earth defence force?
>CTO
Chief technology officer ?

okay cool.

In chemistry, filters only seperate solid precipitates. Salt is dissolved in water, the process is different.