Powerful Lasers

Should I buy one of these before it's illegal?
What sort of fun can I have with these?
Aren't they really dangerous?
>pic: sanwu lasers

Attached: holding.gif (500x281, 2.95M)

You can drop it then reflect the laser off a piece of glass into your eyes then go blind for life

You can also pop balloons with them if you put a black dot on them

You can also get arrested for pointing them at aircrafts. Just like starwars so fun

I always thought these would make a good self defense weapon against muggers or something. It's not a knife or gun so it's not so sketchy to carry around, it's non lethal so you won't hesitate to use it, and it has a much longer range than pepper spray. And plus it will blind them in one eye which will teach them a strong lesson.

Get a 10W laser and poke holes in sheet metal with it.

10 w outpput laser probably is 1kW power consumprion and cooling.

Or we would already have blasters and shit.

>Yes officer I defended myself using methods literally banned by the geneva convention

Civilians are not bound by the geneva convention.
So long as it's legal in my state, I can do shit like shoot muggers with hollow points.

>give me your wallet!
>alright, but could you hold still for a moment? let me just grab this thing and... wait. don‘t move! stop stabbing me!!!

The US didn't even agree to the hollow point thing in the first place.
And that's not the geneva convention LMAO idiot.

more like
>give me your walle- OH FUCK IM BLIND
lasers like OPs pic are dangerous af, big risk of blinding bystanders and getting arrested would fuck you off tho

that's a retard fucking argument, literally the same thing you're suggesting would happen if you had a gun or knife with you, according to you, someone shouldn't carry and self defense weapons with them?

Hollow points are banned by international law too. The major problem with this is the target is the size of a pupil.

Knives and guns are illegal here.

Ackshually it fucking is you, baka. That's why all militaries use FMJ.

Knives and guns aren't and should not be sketchy to carry around. Something that looks like a lightsaber is much weirder.
Also, unless it's powerful enough to set their clothes on fire within a tenth of a second, there's no guarantee it'll actually stop them,
You're also forgetting that every time you defend yourself, you WILL have to deal with the cops because if you don't explain what happened your attacker with give his own explanation. And either way uppity prosecutors will probably believe they have more wiggle room to hit you with charges, and so will the cops, because what you're doing is farther outside the norm than just shooting the guy.
And don't think this is some alternative for places where guns aren't allowed. In those places, the government hates you and doesn't care that you know because what the fuck are you going to do, they already banned every gun worth a damn, so case law has decreed that you are required to let yourself get hit/stabbed/shot before you can even touch your opponent in self defense (otherwise you can't "prove" you were reacting with "proportionate force").

So just get a gun, dude.

Let me guess, British?

You can use them to point at something really far away so that a computer can follow the dot, or use them as a really unwieldy lighter. You can also set fursuits on fire with them, but I highly recommend using an infrared laser for that so people can't see the beam pointing back at your hand quite as easily.
Don't use them without the correct pair of laser glasses or you'll potentially blind yourself.

I'd like to get one to shine at cyclists and people that drive slow in the left lane.

"...this is the weapon of a Jedi Knight...."
>BVVSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM

what

Attached: 1545086971008.png (500x737, 522K)

Without eyepro you would risk damaging your own retinas in the process.

No, that was the Hague. The US ignored all that shit. The main reason military forces use FMJ is because it's fucking cheap and it punches through barriers.

If you want to ruin your vision permanently, then yes.
BTW don't ever use these outside, or when there are other people or animals in the same room, and research about proper eye protection and ir radiation.

try pulling that kind of shit in the UK, you'll probably get jailed for several years