With all due respect, I think desktop windows manager yields the best productivity for a normal user, non ironically

With all due respect, I think desktop windows manager yields the best productivity for a normal user, non ironically.

I am using linux literally full-time as a sysadmin but I haven’t seen a linux file manager to even come close to Windows Explorer.

Defend yourself using a shitty DE.

Attached: BF662978-52FD-4BFE-8DDE-8D26823637DF.jpg (1600x1066, 125K)

What functions do you deem necessary, that no Linux file manager offers?

Stupid iToddler.

I honestly think winblows 10 is fucking trash. 7 is fine though.

Attached: GIF.gif (390x670, 912K)

It’s “polished”.

Icons, design, stability... you name it.

Also right click menus allows seemless integration to apps and explorers alike.

Attached: 68658876-D2F2-4F26-A73D-CC19EBA40756.png (900x600, 43K)

that's your own fault for fucking with your index files retard
>inb4 uses ccleaner

>I think desktop windows manager yields the best productivity for a normal user
Yeah guess why "ThE dAy Of ThE lInUx DeSkToP" is never gonna happen.

Ok but can you mention a function now please kind Sir

8/11, not bad but you can do better

>It’s “polished”.
>Icons, design, stability... you name it.

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 180K)

Unironically Windows 10 start menu is better than any DEs in Linux.

It has nothing to do with the indexer. Start menu does not even use it for the "Start menu" folders.

And your point is?

That you are full of shit, shill.

Windows GUI design sucks ass. In your pic related, how can you distinguish what part of the window title bar you can use to drag the window around, and what's too low to drag it around. You can't it's both black without a border to distinguish that hard cutoff.

Unironically even a shitty feature is better than every linux DE

because the open source linux community will never be able to compete with a corporation as monumentally massive as microsoft.

who's gonna win? the corporation with over 100,000 employees and tremendous reach and access? or the disorganized group of linux developers who either arent getting paid or are getting paid a fraction of what they would at microsoft?

Sure thing kiddo, if you say so.

try kde, faggot
its as bloated as windows maybe more, just the way you want

Attached: first image of a brainlets brain.png (478x523, 168K)

>Also right click menus allows seemless integration to apps and explorers alike.
Fair enough, although some Linux file managers offer plugin support, which can be used to add right click actions.

I know, I'm right.

And those 100000 people are developing Windows 24/7?
It's got nothing to do with size but sure it's just size, cause Linux is inherently flawless and perfect if only it had more money like millions getting pumped into it by tons of big corporations.

Umm, title bars actually have a contrast.

See

>being this autistic

Attached: vMevePx.png (491x541, 17K)

>His reaction images are as shit as his OS
Who could have guessed.

Attached: 1554938255155.jpg (700x700, 209K)

>for a normal user
This is Jow Forums, no one is "normal"

Never seen programs support those cause linux des are so fragmented.

STart menu search should work without indexer, dumbass. Try it on 7 or even 8.

How is this crap better than SpaceFM, Dolphin, anything?

For the longest time (and on most Windows versions) you only could have folders in tabs and multiple folders open side-by-side inside a window if you installed something OTHER than the Windows Manager you like.

And even tiling two windows in windows sucks ass; they don't even stay together.

>Try it on 7 or even 8.
sure let me go and downgrade my windows to verify your autism. why the fuck would you disable indexing anyway? are you too poor to afford enough storage for your pc?

>iPoojet complains about Linux having shitty file managers
>when his fruity phone doesn't even have a real one

Attached: 1543930634649.jpg (477x397, 33K)

Last time I used dolphin it didn’t even support a media preview. Yuck

So this is the power of mental illness.

Attached: 1550712356212.png (360x408, 433K)

When the fuck was that? Doesn't every "mainstream" graphical file manager support media previews these days?

I don't even recall when it didn't support that.

I think even before the moment KDE 5 Plasma came around some people already were playing with KIO/ffmpeg or something powered sound previews. No, they weren't enabled by default on the vast majority of distros, it's annoying to most people.

>Implying that phones actually need a file manager

Congrets on android’s shitty design concept faggot

Have fun trying to identify whether a fucking folder you didn’t create is a cache folder of gay tinder app or not.

The bare-bones poverty-FM that are Thunar and PCManFM can suck my dick, especially their ways of dealing with removable storage devices and janky thumbnails and icon grid that typically also affect desktop icon size and layout, along with more and more crippled pile of shit that is GNOME/Nautilus and everything about the persistently buggy entirety of KDE.

When I deal with images and videos, proper graphical file manager is invaluable and Explorer in Win 7 is somewhat optimal, it's stable and shows bigass thumbnails and quickly finds files and has good breadcrumbs bar, Finder is okay too, haven't used it in a while.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (403x710, 52K)

Dolphin

Yeah, nice horseshit. You can open all Windows NTFS partitions natively with all Linux file managers. That's one of the most obvious features that Windows Explorer doesn't have.

>ntfs-3g

Congrets for your future data corruption.

As a sane man I have all my data on LUKS ext4 and I SMB to it. Who cares about ext support anyway?

Also, where's anything like KDEConnect for Windows? Works internally with Dolphin, not some web service most of the software relies on.

>"Ummmm I'm a fucking liar"
That's only inactive windows. And it's not even there for shit like fluent design apps like Settings.

Attached: 337F5BCB-A9A0-4D1B-B6D1-9A8F3F8F65CA.jpg (334x60, 4K)

>ntfs-3g
>Congrets for your future data corruption
What?

Open the folder tree view, show me how you zoom thumbnails from 5% to 50% to 100% to 500%. From small to bigass thumbnails. Like you easily can on Dolphin.

No, it's not buggy. What are you on about?

BTW obviously I don't demand the exact percentages. Just a good zoom range.

I'd find it less ironic that you people keep talking about productivity techniques in Jow Forums if you ever had any good advice. As opposed to brand loyalty flouting.

Google it retard

>and everything about the persistently buggy entirety of KDE.
It's not 2014. anymore.
Thank you for that uncalled for insult just for asking why. Real nice dickhead.

>Finder is okay too, haven't used it in a while.
Finder is okay for just browsing files, but for moving/copying non-trivial amounts of files between folders I've never trusted it to do the right thing due to being burned several times in the past.

Ntfs-3g is just a reversed engineered plugin for the userland. Shit’s extremely buggy, corrupts file and etc.

plugin-wise windows has them too for ext fs.

Last time I dealt with KDE it's panels and window manager were randomly crashing every 10 minutes, good riddance. Every other time I see KDE screenshot on here there are some rainbow modern art graphical glitches present in one place or another. I'd rather tolerate XFCE (which is nothing more than freetarded version of Windows XP UI) than that sort of shit.

You’re not alone.

VIFM pretty surprised nobody’s mentioned a terminal based file manager. It may not yeild the best productivity for a normal user but if you care enough to learn it you can move through a file system quite quickly, there options to view files which you can setup to use whatever you want, moving/renaming files is easy, the terminal a ctrl-Z away if you need it for anything or just :!, add keybindings with little limits, temporary markers and splits to make changes between directories, and of course you can open a file in vim (or whatever you want) and be right back in vifm on close.

Just use whatever Deepin uses

Winblows 10 desktop environment doesn't have a consistent design aesthetic. It's butt fucking ugly - which is inexcusable coming from a multi-billion dollar corporation. Only an argument pertaining to functionality could be made for it.

Can speak from experience, I've had data corruption from both ways. Be smart and stay with the officially supported filesystems of your OS. Those plugins are only to be used read-only.

Your faggot pajeetOS will never be welcome on Jow Forums, wintoddler.

>1995+24
>explorer still has no tabs
>a feature most linux DEs have had for years
are you even trying?

shit thumbnail
>but you have to install blabalbla
no thanks

God damn Windows Explorer is so close to perfect.

>Remove OneDrive
>Remove This PC
>Remove Homegroup
>Remove my D:\ drive which is there for some reason
>Add tabs and split panes

Suddenly greatest app in the universe.

Shoutout to nemo or whatever the fuck it is on Mint taking 5 minutes to respond after I open a directory with 16k files in it, but Windows explorer not only stays responding the whole time, but shows me the files and sorts them within seconds.

>desktop windows manager
>non ironically
>Defend yourself using a shitty DE.

Attached: pajeet.jpg (1024x768, 120K)

meanwhile macOS has had both since forever

Attached: 1421294648835.jpg (236x185, 24K)

>KDE
>OS
I shiggy diggy

I rather have thumbnail than tabs. Finder is okay, smug anime poster

rollin

>but you have to install blabalbla
>no thanks
Rather ironic coming from someone, who has to install 3rd-party software to enable thumbnails for such obscure formats as MKV and WebM.

W7 ... No virtual Desktops -> we are talking about productivity!
W8 ... Metroshit -> please no mister.
W10 ... Ribbons everywhere, no contrast flatshit, have to buy paint in app store -> into the trash it goes.

well, you have to install that too on lincuck

Have you ever even used Windows 10...?

>Windows Explorer
are we talking about window's window manager or window's file manager because you seem very confused user

Try Nautilus 3.30 on Fedora
Nautilus generates video thumbnails using Totem, the official GNOME video player, for all formats Totem supports, so all of them.
You are the confused one. Explorer is the file manager and desktop shell process. DWM.exe is the window manager.

All I want to know is: how do I get TAB-to-rename functionality in whatever file browser comes with Linux Mint?

>polished GUI
>icons
>design
>right click
>sys admin
man I am sorry to bring you sad news but the fact that you do disk defragmentations does not make you sys admin. actually it makes you a faggot

>nautilus
>GNOMEGAY
lmao back to windows bro

t. windowmaker user

You are fucking retarded, im not even kidding.

literally even dmenu or something is 50x better cause it can properly search commands

Not really. Every distro worth a damn includes a thumbnailer.

What the fuck is the "productivity" of the file manager? Normal users are spending maybe 1 minute in file managers.

roll

such as?

Not an argument.

Not a human being that deserves oxygen.