Why do so many gaymers buy threadrippers? What game on earth would utilize it?

Why do so many gaymers buy threadrippers? What game on earth would utilize it?

Attached: csm_ryzen_threadripper_and_mobile_100724349_orig_dfd3d99c7a.jpg (1806x1200, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk
youtube.com/watch?v=-242kHW5fKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Adobe reader

>still pimping 4 core jewtel

Fuck off schlomo.

Sony Vegas Pro GOTY

Solitair

Because it's 64 cores unlike Jewtel.

Unironically Minecraft

1 core per TNT block blown up simultaneously. and it still crashes when more than 5 explode at once

>virgin vegas
>not chad premiere

How do corelets cope with AMD having a 64 core desktop cpu?

>Premiere
>Not Resolve

Ur mum

This has to be a bait thread. No gamer buys a Threadripper. Only hardcore content creators buy HEDT.

Threadripper is basically the twitch/youtube streamer's showoff/epeen as they can't afford full blown Xeons or Epycs, it's also hip to hate on Intel and it's more expensive than consumer Ryzen. It doesn't matter if it's not for gaming, MAOR cores and expensive shit catches all the envy of streamer kids all the same.

I know rite?

AMD doesn't even have half the features Intel has, like Meltdown and countless variations of Spectre and all kinds of hardware vulnerabilities.

It is useful if you are gaming and going to use it for productivity. I bought one for some gaming but also for compilation, ripping blu rays, and for virtualization stuff. It also has a shit ton of PCI lanes so you don't have to worry about eating up lanes for a GPU and other devices, even if you have dual video cards. I have two Vega 64s in crossfire on my rig and I have plenty of lanes to spare.

>No gamer buys a Threadripper. Only hardcore content creators buy HEDT
that's not true at all
in a perfect world it would be but we don't live in a perfect world

youtube.com/watch?v=LuJYMCbIbPk

GPU encoding for streaming is still shit so with kikeripper you can stream without worrying about slowing games down with x264 fast preset encoding.

that's just retarded though
you're either streaming in a casual manner and then you just use Shadowplay or some shit or you're doing it professionally and then you use another computer
using a threadripper or any HEDT for streaming is just stupid

Nothing running Clausewitz lmao

>gaymers buy threadrippers
no one buys them for gaming or streaming
its 2700x or top intlel

>fast preset
>threadripper

Also, enjoy your monstrous input latency.

I want to play a game while rendering footage of another time I played a game.

Bread dipper helps with rendering videos quickly or at the same pace as previous, while still allowing you to stream simultaneously. Zen2's tread gripper is expected to scale out to likely 48c/96t with 64c/128t reserved for EPYC. So at 96t, you can basically game at 4K60, stream at 4K60, encode a 4K60 video, and upload a 4K60 video to youtube simultaneously.

>Why do so many gaymers buy threadrippers?
Meanwhile, in reality, Steam hardware survey says the number of customers with 32 cores is above 0, but is still at 0.00%. The number of customers with 64 cores is apparently 0 because it isn't listed.

Assuming everyone who COULD be running a threadripper on the steam hardware survey is running a threadripper, that adds up to .1% of all steam users.

64 threads is Amdahl limit, or at least the reasonable one.

> Virgin proprietary software
> Not chad fsf-approved software

youtube.com/watch?v=-242kHW5fKA

That game runs on a downclocked Tegra X1, I'm genuinely curious as to what it is doing with 32 cores.