Is this company genuinely retarded?

Is this company genuinely retarded?
>fighting with Microsoft for decades now
>manages to get an edge when the mobile revolution comes in late 00's
>spends over a decade without realizing that nobody ever cared about macs
>still to this day spends resources on a platform which nobody cares about when all they had to do was ditch the mac and focus on their tablets and smartphones
>can't beat microsoft because they are too DUMB to realize that if they managed to get enough people to ditch desktops for mobile devices they wouldn't need macs and thus get a HUGE control over consumers since microsoft's mobile alternative failed
It's TWENTY FUCKING NINETEEN and Apple has yet to realize this.

Attached: 23656.png (512x512, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2018/03/12/apple-macbooks-most-reliable/
gizmodo.com/how-to-be-a-genius-this-is-apples-secret-employee-trai-5938323
reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/adc06n/how_to_clean_dell_xps_2_in_1_maglev_keyboard/
reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/8chbul/xps_9575_maglev_keyboard_typing_issue/
reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/884468/thoughts_on_the_9575s_maglev_keyboard_for/
ultrabookreview.com/19920-xps-15-2-in-1s-maglev-keyboard/
dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9575-keyboard/td-p/6092896
dell.com/community/Inspiron/Dell-G5-keyboard-weird-typing-issue/td-p/6087834
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is this company genuinely retarded?
No, their fans are.

>I'm a smarter than a trillion dollar company
>It's so fucking simple, why haven't they figured it out

Attached: 1544712084991.png (550x545, 162K)

>most software is for Windows
>A lot of business applications require internet explorer
>Only reason their company is it's current worth is because they overprice everything
>Sales don't compare to Microsoft/PC products
>In general, PC's are used more than Apple because of price
Are you this retarded?

Attached: 1555312911648.jpg (220x230, 8K)

Meanwhile 90% of tech and creative businesses in Murrica run on Macs. 50-80% in rest of the world, inversely proportional to the country's shithole factor.

So you are legitimately defending a company that back in 2k13 released a product which was supposed to be a cheaper alternative for the iPhone 5S while a ton of android alternatives that were SUPERIOR (Moto X for instance) already existed and were CHEAPER and somehow they still think it failed because they "shouldn't make cheaper products"?
You forgot to mention that most of these companies are HOSPITALS and Excel-reliant BUSINESS workplaces (which both have bad experiences with windows - I mean, who doesn't). I'm talking about CONSUMERS. Eventually even hospitals will fade away from Windows.

Such obvious b8. I'm disappointed in you, OP.
Try a bit of subtlety, next time.

Attached: are you fucking kidding me.png (420x413, 38K)

You can't just lop off an entire product line like that. If Apple just straight-up discontinued the Macintosh in favor of iPhone and iPad, it would be a huge shitshow. It would be like if Microsoft cancelled Windows in favor if Windows Phone, which would be a stupid move.
Just because you specifically don't care about macOS doesn't mean other people feel the same way. macOS is particularly popular among musicians.

I'm really going to need a source for this claim.

>would be like if Microsoft cancelled Windows in favor if Windows Phone
No it wouldn't? It's obvious MS wouldn't do that because no one cared about Windows Phone since the beginning (until some lumia phones appeared and they actually had nice cameras but still, no one cares). If Apple ditched macOS nothing of value would be lost.
I mean, all they would need to do is port Xcode, Logic and Finalcut and Finder to iOS and be done with it.

>doubting the power and convenience of managing large scale environments with Azure AD and Office 365
I may only be a retarded sysadmin but you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and are just a retarded consumer.

So many things wrong with this post. Let's start from the top.
>fighting with Microsoft for decades now
Competition is good.
>manages to get an edge when the mobile revolution comes in late 00's
Sure.
>spends over a decade without realizing that nobody ever cared about macs
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.
Macs are still quite popular devices and to ditch them so soon, especially during a stage where iOS is still in its infancy after a decade, would be a disaster. Professionals would be able to get nothing done and Microsoft would have a monopoly because normal people sure as hell ain't using Linux. That shit requires far too much maintenance and upkeep to actually be effective as anything other than a hobbyist OS. This is where the Macintosh's strengths shine; it's an incredibly reliable, simple and low-maintenance machine.
>still to this day spends resources on a platform which nobody cares about when all they had to do was ditch the mac and focus on their tablets and smartphones
I'm quite glad you're not the CEO of any major tech companies, because that would've been a dumb move even for Apple. Why cancel a massively successful product and alienate half of your userbase when instead you could just keep it alive and make more money, satisfying your customers along the way?
>can't beat microsoft because they are too DUMB to realize that if they managed to get enough people to ditch desktops for mobile devices they wouldn't need macs and thus get a HUGE control over consumers since microsoft's mobile alternative failed
They can't beat Microsoft for the same reason they can't beat Google; because of their business model. It's obvious that any OS that can be freely loaded on any machine you want is going to have a larger market share, even if the specific machines don't sell as much as Apple's products. It's easier for a company to make a computer and put Windows on it than to make their own proprietary OS, which is why Windows has such a huge market share.

MacOS and iOS are basically the same os just different “forks” when one of them is for x86 and mouse and second one for arm and touchscreen. MacOS is maintained with much less of pajeets, most of them are working on iOS. But yes they started to think about merging forks back in a single codebase (project marzipan). So it is not problem at all

(cont)
But overall, I don't think Apple really cares about "winning." It's not a game. There's no end; no objective. Historically, this company has displayed contentment with success, not total domination. That's just not the point, nor should it be. They're concerned with making great products, and are rewarded for it at the end of the day. This is why Apple, despite all its success, remains the minority market share in nearly every field in which they are active, excluding the tablet market and wearable scene. But they're fine with that, because this isn't about market domination, necessarily. A concept you fail to grasp.

Shills have been deployed.

Not a single argument to be found in this post.

>incredibly reliable machine
This is the same machine that had 2 class-action lawsuits over a keyboard.

what lol? I dont like macbooks either, but they're literally the standard for every educational and creative field. Go to any university, literally 75% of the students there have macbooks.

Androids were never superior to iPhones. They have always been a security and privacy nightmare.

>I dont like macbooks either
>but they're literally the standard for every educational and creative field
I wonder who's behind this post...

Attached: satania.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Pretty sure most schools prefer Chromebooks.

Are you genuinely retarded? They are making tons of money because of how stupidly overpriced their toys are. They don't care that windows or android are more popular, they would have to seriously lower prices to gain widespread use and that would ruin their image as a luxury brand.

It was like 10% when I was in Uni. Even one of my lecturers made fun of the mac fags.

Nah. I work for an MSP with tons of clients. I have yet to see a company that uses nothing or primarily Macs. Only 1 or 2 users are based and manage to work off of one and that's IF they can. Municipalities are probably never going to use Mac because if the software they run. Plus on top of anything, most companies are cheap faggots even to buy a replacement switch that's only 300-600$. That being said, rarely any companies with a brain are going to spend thousands on Macs instead of PC's. So fuck off

apple has never really attempted to position themselves as a luxury brand. they've produced $200 plastic macbooks before. their products are really overpriced because of how much money they blow on r&d and keeping their services like imessage and icloud alive.

>muh luxurious garbo
JUST FUCKING MAKE A SLEEK LOOKING SLAB OF PLASTIC, PUT ON SOME NICE FINISH ON IT AND CALL IT A DAY
NO ONE TRULY GIVES A FUCK IT'S ALL A RUSE PERPETUATED BY RETARDED MACFAGGOTS AND BRAINDEAD REVIEWERS WHO THINK COMPUTERS SHOULD LOOK LIKE BARBIE

Still waiting.

>dude just settle for mediocrity lmao

Maybe it's geography? I did my undegrad at large private school in Cali and am now doing my PhD at an Ivy on the east coast, in both of those cases at least 80-85% of the students had Macbooks. Might be because they're all richfags though

Considering he calls it Uni I think it's because he's a europoor. Even at my community college and state school like 70% have macs.

>technological leader
>unapologetic fisher-price interfaces
>rampant metrosexuality

Attached: images.jpg (223x226, 8K)

i doubt its because they are richfags, even poorfags bloat about having a mac they sucked dick to gather enough money to get one. its just brainlets getting redpilled by apple's flashy mindcontrol.

I'm an aussie you fat cunts. We don't have as many macfags because we don't blow our money on poofta iToys.

MacBooks do have a reputation for reliability. It's just the last few models which, while partially more prone to keyboard malfunctions that previous models, are being blown way out of proportion by the media.
Whenever Apple has even a minor fuck-up, reporters tend to ride it forever because Apple hate gets the most attention with pretty much every audience. They same tends to apply to lawsuits aimed at Apple. A woman once sued because she thought the iPhone XS wouldn't have a notch and was surprised when it did, despite basically all of the advertisement material depicting the XS with a very noticeable notch. She tried to make the argument that she bought the phone after only looking at one promotional image where the notch wasn't visible.
The keyboard issue is really but a minor mistake in an otherwise reliable product line. It'll do a negligible amount of damage to the line's reputation, yes, but not enough for the entire line to be branded irredeemable garbage.
fortune.com/2018/03/12/apple-macbooks-most-reliable/

>survey
>instead of actual data
Back to your shitting street Prakesh.

Attached: 1553407740286.jpg (728x439, 81K)

fake and gay. and it depends on what "malfunctions" is it hardware or OS?

>this doesn't even separate the 90% $500 PCs that most OEMs sell which drag PC makers far lower
Applel is a fucking joke.

goddamn HP is such a joke. I had an HP chromebook that fell apart within 2 years and became completely unusable. also had an HP printer that followed suit.
never again

>it's just one minor flaw
>it's the media's fault
>it's just a minor mistake
>TWO FUCKING CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS
Fucking lmao. This post was brought to you by Apple shills.

Attached: Mods_please_delete_this_shit.png (1550x696, 638K)

>here's a graph
k but where's the citation? where's this data coming from?

>OMG $200 products are shit!
>everything the brand makes must be shit!
kys

Nobody's saying Apple's mistakes are "the media's fault." It's just that they fuck up just like everyone else, but get crucified with far more severity than any other company.
Dell regularly manufactures laptops that unexpectedly shut off when lifted the wrong way, yet you don't see any articles about it or YouTube videos entitled something along the lines of "DELL IS DOOMED." You just see a few threads on some help forum where some people complain about it and a Dell representative tells them that this is normal and affects several models.
It's not like the butterfly keyboard is an irreversible mistake.

>literally every HP product I've ever owned or had to interact with has malfunctioned or broken entirely way too early
>this is fine
You just don't see $200 laptops from Samsung or Asus failing quite as miserably as HP's.

>but get crucified with far more severity than any other company.
Good. It balances out the straight up psychological manipulation they train their salesmen to use to try and trick customers into thinking they used it wrong.

If a 1500$ XPS couldn't type characters after a few months, yeah you'd hear about it. Not every company decides to create products so shitry to the point where they get sued and the CEO has to apologize. But you get paid to defend Apple, so you'll keep downplaying the flaws of the worst keyboard ever put on a laptop.

It's really funny how people still regularly bring up that time Apple once used that infamous "You must be holding it wrong," excuse in 2010, but as soon as you bring up exploding Note 7s suddenly it's all "THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO LET IT GO."

>Apple sucks
>b-but samsung
Like clockwork.

Attached: shill_spam.png (1573x710, 716K)

Actually, people have been complaining about Dell's Maglev keyboards, which appear on their more expensive high-end laptops. Again, no one cares. Because Dell-hate doesn't sell.

That's actually slowly starting to hold true. Their updates to OSX are less frequent these days and the iPad Pro is almost a full fledged computer. So yeah, maybe this is a sign their computer lineup will die in favor of the iPad Pro taking that part of their market.

Link? How widespread is it?

>No argument.
It's true and you have no response.

Of course I do: I don't care about samsung. I never said they were good. You're the one who was told on a script to bring up Apple competitors whenever someone bashed their shit products.

They're literally butterfly switches with a different name.

I'm still waiting for that link where thousands of people complain about that same issue, like the mac keyboard. It's totally not just two guys in a forum, right?

They literally train their salespeople to hard deflect blame. No other corporation does this to this extent.
gizmodo.com/how-to-be-a-genius-this-is-apples-secret-employee-trai-5938323

>You just see a few threads on some help forum where some people complain about it
Wow it's almost like it's not a widespread issue.

reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/adc06n/how_to_clean_dell_xps_2_in_1_maglev_keyboard/
reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/8chbul/xps_9575_maglev_keyboard_typing_issue/
reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/884468/thoughts_on_the_9575s_maglev_keyboard_for/
ultrabookreview.com/19920-xps-15-2-in-1s-maglev-keyboard/
dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9575-keyboard/td-p/6092896
dell.com/community/Inspiron/Dell-G5-keyboard-weird-typing-issue/td-p/6087834

Dunno how widespread it is. But there are people complaining about it, and their complaints sound oddly similar to the Butterfly complaints. Nobody cares. Even Dell's own representatives avoid responding to Maglev complaints anymore.

Ok so we have what, 10 people? 20? Do you actually thinks this compares to the macbook keyboard issues? Does this deserve a CEO apology and class action lawsuits?
>but reporters are biased against apple!
Or it's just not a big deal.

in the past they certainly didnt try to be a luxury brand, but their pricing indicates they absolutely are, but without providing the quality of a luxury brand
more expensive than a "premium" brand with the quality of walmart shit

The greatest thing is going to the "genius" bar in a billion dollar company's store and "genius" overcharging you and trying to simply get you to buy a new device as your old one will cost too much to repair while independent repair services will do it for a fraction of the cost and do just as good a job(as long as they're reputable)

>Ok so we have what, 10 people? 20?
Again, there's really no way to know for sure how many people are having this issue because the company is under no pressure to release that information. Because no one cares. No one has any strong opinion about Dell one way or the other.
But of the complaints I've found, the ones who are voicing their dissatisfaction are largely complaining about the same things that Apple's users are complaining about, so I think it's safe to assume that the Maglev mechanism is just as faulty as the Butterfly, especially since they're basically the exact same thing except the Maglev has magnets.
I'm not saying the Butterfly keyboard is any good. I'm only saying that the backlash is insanely melodramatic.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1553481158426.gif (540x540, 279K)

the prices of their products has never really changed all that much.
>inb4 that one picture of the iphone 3g being sold for 299
it's 299 with a 2 year contract. carriers have largely done away with contracts, so manufacturers are forced to display the full price upfront. the xr is still normal flagship priced

>friend R bought an XPS
>he used it for gaming a lot
>he used it so much it ended up overheating in one specific game and it would hard lock up
>ran everything else fine, but that one game would always lock up
>he calls up dell support and diagnose the problem
>they send a tech out to his house with standard in-home warranty
>replace the MB on the spot
>good to go

>friend S bought a macbook
>does nothing but facebook
>dust kills his keyboard
>goes to Applel Gay Bar with his warranty
>has to stand in line for 3 hours with smelly hipster subhumans
>sorry your warranty is void because you clearly used this wrong
>has to bend over and get his ass raped for $700 for an in-warranty repair
>applel

>work in university IT
>departments have been upgrading permanent staff machines over the past year
>25 of the 110 new macbooks have been sent off for repairs
>10 more people have filed support tickets about keyboards but we have to get them temp machines before sending them off
i have never seen anything like this before
we got a bad batch of dells 3 years ago and that was only 15 out of 300 that had to be sent back. butterfly keyboards are a fucking joke and apple has no excuse to keep trying to push this shit at such high prices

nice post

You do realize apple markets itself to people who aren't the most tech savvy, right? This means Apple has a very high share of people who will drop the device and blame Apple for it. This survey is bullshit and you know it.

>Again, there's really no way to know for sure how many people are having this issue because the company is under no pressure to release that information.
Why does that matter? Apple never released numbers on the number of people affected by the macbook shit keyboard, yet we know perfectly well it's horrible. Again, no CEO apology, no class action lawsuits.
>But of the complaints I've found, the ones who are voicing their dissatisfaction are largely complaining about the same things that Apple's users are complaining about, so I think it's safe to assume that the Maglev mechanism is just as faulty as the Butterfly
No it's not safe to assume that. That's completely baseless, two things sharing a characteristic does not make them equally reliable.
>I'm only saying that the backlash is insanely melodramatic.
Ok, show me the numbers to back this statement up. If it affects less than 5% of current gen macs, I'll agree with you.

You can keep downplaying and making false equivalences all day, but the truth is that you have nothing to show that Dell keyboards are unreliable and I have tons to show that Apple keyboards. A couple of faggots on reddit just doesn't amount to a widespread problem. I can dig up forum posts about how literally any laptop fucked up once, but I'm not going to pretend they all suck to the point of the latest macs.

you must not value your time enough to make this bad of a shitpost

Varies a lot really. At my school, in the business and math/science colleges macs are pretty rare, but in the liberal arts college they're probably over 80%.

>25 of the 110 new macbooks
You don't even have 1 Mac in your department, I guarantee it

>any evidence that invalidates my beliefs must be a lie!
Apple shills and flat earthers coming together as one.

>anecdote
>evidence
I saw a polka dotted cat once and you can't prove I didn't

ok, since you asked, here's the results from a jamf search for:
Model like "Macbook"
Model matches regex "201[78]"

Attached: file.png (1115x1511, 269K)

Yet no one else on history has ever documented a polka dotted cat, but the internet is littered with reports of mac keyboards breaking, guess which one I believe more?
Seriously, what makes you doubt him? Besides the fact that his experience goes against your beliefs.

Now watch as you get accused of photoshopping or something.
>reeeee it must be false, Tim Apple would never allow this!

It's kind of easy to say popular things on the internet, no?

So you agree that mac keyboards breaking are a popular thing, good.

and here's all the macs in our jamf instance

Attached: file.png (1105x2277, 360K)

I agree that it's easy to say things that are said a lot without having to prove it

Just because you are too poor for macs doesn't mean we all are or that they're bad

>without proving it
Too bad he literally just proved it.

Apple has NEVER been good. Toddler toy and fashion accessory company

>jamf
yikes

thanks for the insight

bullshit. that was true like 20 years ago, but nowadays photoshop market is 95% PC, just like everything else

based

>he posts from his $500 Dell laptop
what's it like being poor?

>TWENTY NINETEEN
not
>The two thousand and nineteenth year of Our Lord

>Androids were never superior to iPhones. They have always been a security and privacy nightmare.
Are you serious?
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775

>Is this company genuinely retarded?
Are you genuinely retarded?
Despite iDevices being a big seller since they got released, the mac market has grown steadily.
Wherever i go, i see majorily MacBooks being used by people. Before the hype, i could barely see them anywhere.
I know a lot of people personally who never used a Mac like 20 years ago, but now, about half of them use a Mac.

Are you seriously this stupid?
Apples market strategy was never the "best bang for the buck"
They always sighted on the premium market and if you compare this to cars. A Rolls Royce isn't really 20 times better than an Audi S6, just because the pricetag is.
I understand that people may dislike this strategy and see no sense in owning a Porsche, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin or a Bentley and rather go for a Volvo, Audi or Mercedes but that is aquestion of personal choice.

I personally still use my old Samsung Galaxy S4, because i never phone with it (24/7 in flight mode) and only use it as an mp3 player and navigation device, when i'm in a city i don't find shit (Navigon offline map).
Those wo chose a lifestlyle product, will most likely buy and iPhone to show off or make themselves feel more confident. Like many of the luxury car owners also do.
For me it makes no sense to buy a Bentley coupé, because a Volkswagen Transporter makes more sense and i personally give a shit about bling bling.
And in the daily traffic jam, no fucking Bugatti will be faster than my Volkswagen.

Using an iMac late 2013 "27 inch with dualboot Win7 Ultimate 64bit and macOS Mojave and i am super satisfied.
Did i buy it for the bling bling? No, i did buy it because i like the AIO concept in general and no other brand has anything near this combo when it comes to size, screen resolution and OS versatility

I'm so glad Steve Jobs is dead you guys.

>Wherever i go, i see majorily MacBooks being used by people.
yes we already know that US is a land of the itoddler sheep
its nothing new, user

>but get crucified with far more severity than any other company.
>make 200000000000$ laptops
>have same issues as 100$ shitbooks
gee boss i wonder why

Apple is unironically one of the smartest company around.
I'm not an applefag, I never had any apple devices and lord knows I never will, but apple as a company is fucking genious.

not falling for the bait but everybody bashes apple but they're the #1 company in the world making billions and trillions of dollars ahead of everybody. you might hate them but you have to respect their hustle.

Still better than Android that cucks you out of security updates after two years.

Can't hear you, OP

Attached: Captura de ecrã 2019-04-17, às 18.57.55.png (636x502, 158K)

Only Apple product I use is an iMac

Attached: IMG_20190416_143703705.jpg (3024x4032, 2.8M)