>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: Pawn 35%.png (885x957, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RzoZ7rG0x0c
adafruit.com/product/2776
youtube.com/watch?v=KQCCo6Trf-w
amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q1VLG4/
caseking.de/ducky-one-gray-und-gray-pbt-mx-brown-schwarz-grau-gata-1044.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for crayola master race

Attached: b0a16d33-225b-4530-bb34-1acaa6447c48_1.2a2cd70fc00dc591943ab41a5631a774.jpg (450x450, 44K)

Found pic related literally on the ground in the streets, full of shit of course. The switches are all busted but the keyboard is fully functional and it has all the keys so im planning to buy new alps switches to make it alive again but alps are expensive as fuck on ebay, where can i find good alps at a reasonable price?

Attached: txyWYC3.jpg (1600x1200, 265K)

Are wasd keyboards OK?

>literally on the ground in the streets, full of shit
Gross, dude.

>~$150
>usa
>unsure, was thinking zealios but I'm not up to date on the new switch memes. wouldn't mind diy
>ansi
>65%
>no
>pok3r with clears
I think I'd like to fall for the split spacebar meme as well, turns out I only ever hit enter with my left thumb anyway.
Was looking at the vortex cypher but it doesn't seem like they have any metal cases available.
The case would need to not have floating keys as well, ended up disliking them on my pok3r.

Thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=RzoZ7rG0x0c

looks like a keyboard basedgays

Picked up one of these with MX Browns from Amazon for $100. My first mechanical board. Did I do good, Jow Forums?

Attached: shopnow_product1.png (1141x391, 411K)

>RGBT

Yes welcome to the club :^)

>mx brown
My condolences.

Do linear but clicky switches even exist?

Get linear switches then install a solenoid to make a click sound on actuation.

yes. a lot some older keyboards use linear switches with solenoids or buzzers. The most common ones are by IBM and Honeywell

You have an example or two? Those two companies made a lot of keyboards.

Pingmaster is the most famous one since it only costs like 40ish bucks. They all use linear green alps tho. Don't bother with Honeywall Hall effect since they're all limited to 1kro unless you redesign the PCB. If you want something more modern you can get a small solenoid like adafruit.com/product/2776 and wire it up to your 60% keyboard. the current meme tho in the mechanical keyboard community is haptic feedback so you can get something like the Hadron (which also has a speaker) and replace the haptic feedback module with a solenoid.

>it sounds like an old cashier machine
While I do think it's pretty cool I feel like I'd get sick of it real fast, maybe I'll try it if I decided to buy a cheap chink mech.

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

What are the most tactile, non-clicky box switches available? I'm not looking to get Zilent levels of tactility, but I'd like something better and more noticeable than cherry's grain of sand. Basically I want as close as I can get to zilents (in tactility, doesn't have the be silenced) without paying zilent prices.

>wasting nip AEK caps and no doubt some decent alps on some retarded meme keyboard
I'm mad. Pic unrelated.

Attached: 2019-03-26 05.34.43.jpg (565x720, 108K)

Fite me

Attached: space saver.jpg (2200x1467, 1.17M)

Attached: razer-blackwidow-elite-green-mechanical-switch.jpg (500x500, 23K)

BASED

yout got the mk.2 low profile for 100$?

They're overpriced. Their ABS keycaps and Tai Hao PBT ones are low quality.

whats wrong with brown switches? t: otherfag

Pathetic tactility.

corsair keyboards are pretty good so yes you did well

>tfw you pay hundreds of dollars for a mechanical keyboard kit and PBT limited run caps only to fill it with your loose pubes

What's a good 60% wireless?
Kit or assembled, don't want to search everything myself

Guys I just ordered a kbd75v2 with 67g zealios. Did I do good or will I regret it?

Very good, though not the best value. If you're happy with what you paid for it, then you'll be very happy with the keyboard. (Assuming you know you wanted tactile switches, obviously.)

How do you even open the task manager?

>This retard doesn't know about Ctrl+Shift+Esc masterrace.

hey OP is that your board? I currently use a tada68 and want to go even smaller with a more thought out layout, did you have to wire or make a pcb for that?

>incomplete kana legends missing a complete rows of keys to be usable with kana direct input
The pure definition of weeb garbage

Attached: 1554367942256.jpg (600x673, 51K)

That board is HHKB levels of retarded, on steroids. Get a normal 40% (plank or any clone), or a georgi or something.

>using kana a lot
its like you dont even into fluency

What's a nice looking high profile plastic case for a 60%?
I have a lovely box black board which I'll be taking to and from work, so I'd like it to be as lightweight as possible, hence a plastic case.
It currently has a horrible generic low profile aluminum case which doesn't line up with the plate.

Attached: 1555445235761.png (1102x833, 195K)

look it up on aliexpress
they usually have lots

plank is an ortholiner right?

I'll give them a try, only thing is I live in the UK so shipping from them usually takes ages.
It's a very nice 40% ortho with a hotswap PCB. I'd like one but they're out of stock for a lot of parts on their store :/

ya they are... I saw them on md a few weeks back, but I'd like to build a kit

i got the £30 jobbie by tecknet from amazon. feels ok but my w key dont click like it used to, i blame world of warcraft and f1 2018

Matias (and a few minor companies) are still doing them. You could buy a bag of Matias switches, change the spring and keycap holder plastic bit. Search for Chyrosran22 on YT, and look at his gaming Dell 101. Search for some lube as well on keeb forums to make everything nice.

How much are they from MD?
I wouldn't mind it being preassembled if I could get a high profile one with Zeals.

Matias are awful and inconsistent, he should look on taobao or ask around and see if anyone is selling NOS SKCM Alps

I'll ask again should I get linjar switches or wait for retooled black restock? Is there much of a difference?

What's the kailh equivalent of MX Silent Reds?

Alright, got a challenge for you /mkg/. First time mechanical buyer.
German in need of QWERTZ board here.

>Budget
Up to 150€.

>Location (continent at least)
Naziland

>Preferred switch type
Tactile and clicky preferred, however, silent is okay too. Tactile's a must. Think Cherry Blue or Brown.
Alternative brands okay.

>Layout
QWERTZ.

>Form factor
Full or TKL.

>Backlight
Preferred, but optional. RGB bullfuck is unnecessary, if it's there as an extra, that's fine. Not willing to pay premium for it.

>Previous/current keyboards
Previous: Logitech G15 I got as a gift from a friend.
Current: Logitech G15 I got used after the last one broke.
I am well aware that my taste in boards has been shit so far. Feel free to laugh, but please contribute.

>Extras
Nice to have would be USB hub or passthrough.
Sturdy construction is top priority.

l33t h4x0r

Why use any other kb

You got really unlucky bro. Germany's a shithole for MKs.
I'd suggest a Das Keyboard, but their QC went to shit and the 4 Pro is definitely not worth its money.
At this point, a gayming mechanical may be your best bet. Logitech G513, maybe?

I don't use kana direct at all because I'm not a 90 year old computer illiterate you fucking double nigger. But if you apply legends just "for the looks" you're an even greater faggot because then it's literally to make your keyboard look more Japanese (never mind the fact that no Japanese person in their right mind would use kana direct).

ホモじゃなくて普通ローマ字入力を使ってる

>its like you dont even into fluency
>people fluent in Japanese use input methods that do not involve kana-kanji conversion

Attached: 1555369057297.png (574x569, 424K)

Are cherry keycaps basically universal for the alphabetical keys? My c keycap busted and was gonna get a generic replacement set off amazon

Profile is the only thing that matters.

You can always swap out the buzzer/solenoid

Japanese people overwhelmingly use romaji input for keyboards.

There's example videos of the Pingmaster beeper on youtube

It's truly awful, and at maximum volume also deafening

youtube.com/watch?v=KQCCo6Trf-w

This video has the beeper set at about half

Romaji input uses kana-kanji conversion

U forgot the spacebar bro

Yeah I figured the larger keys would maybe differ but the normal letter keys wouldn't? Idk I got amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q1VLG4/ to replace the C key on my DAS Model S

MX Clears are the optimal switches. That is all.

Shit yeah the white/beige FC750r is up for pre-order. At fucking last.

>he doesn't know

Attached: IMG_0016.jpg (791x584, 86K)

My asshole roommate decided it would be a funny "prank" to rearrange all the keys on my keyboard and glue them down in their new positions so I couldn't fix it easily. What's my best option here? Yeah I can touch type without looking at them but it still bugs the shit out of me.

this is what you get for not having blanks

browns are advertised to newbies for whatever reason, so they buy them without buying a switch tester. They never realize that for most people, browns are by far the worst cherry switch. they have non-existent tactility so it just feels like mushy reds.
i think this happens to at least half of the thread, we all bought mx browns as our first board when we were kids and then moved on to some other switch.

The best option would be telling him the keyboard is worth several hundred freedoms then beat his face in.

I mean it makes sense if you think about it, browns have a bump and are not clicky, they're the closest switch to membrane keyboards which the normies are used to.

Stop typing qwerty and learn colemak, workman, or something.

I'm not very good with money

Attached: YuMTB8j.jpg (2048x2464, 1.01M)

Check candykeys.com, they're based in Germany and carry a lot of ISO-DE stuff.
Alternatively, Caseking has ISO-DE Ducky boards.

>pretty much the least interesting and pretty of all their keycaps
DF make pretty much the only good (((artisans))) and you still manage to find a piece of crap

Can you recommend a set similar to this but not DSA?

Attached: PMK_Hana_v3_IMG_6973__04937.1513103088.1280.1280.jpg (1280x853, 152K)

he has to buy you a new one

i just ordered a hhkb pro 2, did i fall for a dumb weeb meme?

Attached: 771FB847-AF63-4B3E-8462-4025E9A105A8.jpg (640x480, 27K)

It's fine if you like Topre and the layout

Went with a HyperX Alloy Elite. It's a "Gaming" keyboard with Brown switches. It's good, actually, picked it up for 110€.

>browns
>ABS keycaps
>£110

God damn you got ripped off badly. You know you can get a PBT Doubleshot board for $90?

>God damn you got ripped off badly. You know you can get a PBT Doubleshot board for $90?

Where and what

You trying to fuck with me?

>I didn't pay 110 pounds, I paid 110 EUROS
>Germany has a small market for mechanical keyboards, as such, you pay more
>My country doesn't use dollars and raises customs fees and 19% taxes on imports

You got massively ripped off

I got my Ducky One 2 for €89,95 and that one has PBT doubleshot

Yeah, by the government.

It literally says on the Cherry MX website that browns are the tactile ones. What are you niggers talking about?

hi there comrade

Attached: mykb.jpg (4160x3120, 1.02M)

They mean the tactility is weak, not that they don't have it.

sexy

Then what do you recommend

Clears

Ain't my fault my country's a tax shithole.

Swear to god, you Americans think there's only Eagle law.

I like browns, actually. Not as much as blues, but I won't annoy the wife as much.

caseking.de/ducky-one-gray-und-gray-pbt-mx-brown-schwarz-grau-gata-1044.html

Well it has CTRL + SHIFT + ESC buttons to do that directly, or there's a function layer with a hotkey (Fn + Enter) for CTRL + ALT + DEL on the enter button, you can see it printed there in blue text.

HELL YEAH BROTHER

Attached: heater board.jpg (2600x1733, 1005K)

Are those german keycaps

That's the ISO-DE version, yes. See , Caseking and Candykeys have a pretty good ISO-DE selection.

Which color?

I was also thinking of getting a white front and red base

Attached: which color.jpg (1361x356, 245K)

get the left one and put a lugia sticker on it.

Attached: Lugia.png (1262x980, 89K)

Attached: i71q7rlc.jpg (1231x826, 290K)