/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cyberpunk/Cybersecurity General

/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL
Previous threads: [ archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//type/op/ ]
THE CYPHERPUNK MANIFESTO: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html ]

- - - - - -

/cyb/erpunk [6 April 2019]
The Cyberpunk Manifesto: [ project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html ]

The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.24) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview24.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]

Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]

The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]

- - - - - -

/sec/urity [XX XXXXXXXXX 20XX]
The Crypto Anarchist Manifesto: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html ]
The Hacker Manifesto: [ phrack.org/issues/7/3.html ]
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: [ archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt ]

The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.9) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Security/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview9.htm ]

Why Privacy Matters: [ youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]

Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX ]
Endware: [ endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html ]
BBS archives: [ textfiles.com/index.html ]

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
Additional reading: [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ ]

- - - - - -

OP Post: [ pastebin.com/8Hk5Ks7h ]

Attached: cyberpunk_by_simon_buckroyd_by_binoched_dd499zz-pre.jpg (1235x647, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcrfk6OoZIw
youtube.com/watch?v=cD-t3W1zLzg
lwn.net/Articles/784224/
youtu.be/GZEy7Cw1dcU
mithunonthe.net/2016/05/12/japan-harajuku-sunday-meiji-shrine-yoyogi-park-cosplay/
youtu.be/caCJO5ZAs0I
youtube.com/watch?v=jbwONfaQQVA
lospadres.info/thorg/lbb.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZlLtfQik1c
youtube.com/watch?v=_qUPnnROxvY
youtube.com/watch?v=3NjQ9b3pgIg
youtube.com/watch?v=QAZfHHi58AU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1984 is now... double plus good thread.

Attached: 138f319e-3cb0-490e-8964-50b7ba46e4f5..png (1280x800, 326K)

Backlinks:
Last thread: Even earlier thread:

>tfw I will never be able to go to ShenZhen the most /cyb/ city on the planet :-[

youtube.com/watch?v=lcrfk6OoZIw

Attached: e86d0242-1b43-41a2-97c1-a3e28e7210e7..jpg (1920x1271, 751K)

Forget CyberCity Oedo! Behold the REAL CyberCity Chongqing!
Bonus kickass soundtrack!

>youtube.com/watch?v=cD-t3W1zLzg
>youtube.com/watch?v=cD-t3W1zLzg

Attached: e4749781-34e8-45f1-9af6-4f24ec7c6eb3..png (759x457, 266K)

>the most /cyb/ city on the planet
I'm 80min away from Shenzhen. What you call Cyberpunk is just a fucken' shopping mall! It isn't what you are hoping for.

Tokyo and Hong Kong are the most cyberpunk!

I'm mostly interested in the cheap technology/gear scene there. I also hear that the fried in 'recycled' sewage 'oil' fritters are to die for. I'd love to go to Japan too. I'll have to settle for yt videos in both cases :'(

post some pics of your view!

Attached: 379be530-15af-4d59-adda-ecd042d35871..jpg (2560x1920, 998K)

Cool clock Ahmed.

Attached: smug_lain2.png (484x480, 186K)

kys degenerate

>I'm 80min away from Shenzhen.
Would that be Hong Kong, then?

=== /sec/ News:
As usual LWN has a lot about (bad) security. this weeks free issue (onbe week behind the subscription issue):
lwn.net/Articles/784224/
>How to (not) fix a security flaw
>The return of the lockdown patches

post some details here

We are missing AEL link over at Also TRON with download:

Cyberpunk fashion in a cyberpunk world?
youtu.be/GZEy7Cw1dcU

It is exceptionally quiet here today and in Jow Forums in general. Has everyone left for The Gathering?

bump

Flying cars already exist, I wonder if legislation will finally catch up and we can see them around.

Ehang has been conducting tests in Nevada and plans services in Dubai so I guess some are more eager to bring in this tech.

In much of the West the infrastructure is worn down, much is from the rebuilding after WWII and is now way past its best before date. Flying cars and drones will permit less money having to be spent on roads, a huge potential win for most countries.

Can't remember the company or the model but I saw a video of the thing flying, the car stood still barely over the waters of a lake for several seconds then went up and sideways. Is already better than a helicopter.

yeah I'm gonna wait for the tech to mature before I go flying in those.

That's the point, is already safer than your helicopter.

I doubt that

Attached: assange.png (720x566, 923K)

Why is Assange in jail and the murderers Wikileaks denounced free?

go to Akihabara or Shibuya when the sun goes down if you want to see a cyberpunk city

Attached: 389e6c22-2c84-4b3c-8228-c3ed2f33c7dc.jpg (1920x720, 304K)

I haven't seen that one but I have seen other similar videos from Ehang. It seems to be able to manoeuvre rather freely. The positioning of the red and green lanterns seem rather at odds with normal aircraft regulations though.

One of the best threads on Jow Forums is up since two days

>Russia creates a country-wide intranet
>China has its firewall
>EU is one step away

Attached: tfw you wouldn't believe.jpg (273x302, 26K)

>Arp spoof
>dns spoof
>dhcp spoof
>https proxy
>sslstrip
>everything going fine, lets try some major sites
>HSTS screen taunting me
Can anyone guide me to some resources on getting around this? I've tried a few things and from what I've seen so far the only real way around it is to change the systemclock to much further in the future. However, new OSes (win10 in particular) limit the amount of time you can increase the current time to by about 15 hours using NTP and phones all update theirs either through GPS or 4G. Obviously you can manually set the time to be much further in the future, but is there a reasonable way around this without injecting js?

Other than that, I'm thinking of just cloning the needed site

I found it rather odd. The topic is supposedly DSP, which is rather broad, but in reality only audio processing was intended. Having a background in assembly programming of DSP chips for seismic data gathering and analysis and also telecom this was a huge disappointment.

Neither of those two districts has any kind of cyberpunk vibe. Have you even been there?

yeah i've been there many times, akihabara before becoming the city of anime was the city of technology(in the 90'), you can still find lot of small hidden technology shops there, i consider shibuya cyberpunk mostly cause of the aesthetic at night

I just failed OSCP, what's the best way to kill myself

>change the systemclock to much further in the future
how does it help ? that would just invalidate a valid certificate, not make it accept a new (and invalid) one.

You'll pass it next time, just be persistent. you can do it!
Just believe in your abilities, and try again. This cat believes in you, and so do i.

Attached: 5dae20b2-87b4-4d48-84bf-c2d38b594844..jpg (640x640, 68K)

How about Yoyogi koen, do they still have performances on Sundays?

non sure about what performance you're talking about, usually i go to the meiji park

What are some interesting ways to use IRC besides a desktop/laptop computer?

>certificates
They aren't too relevant since we're discarding them

HSTS protects from protocol downgrade attacks by forcing requests (after the first) to connect using https. When the first request is sent to the server it responds with what you would expect and an HSTS header. Your browser sees the HSTS header, reads it, sees that the server only wants to be communicated with https and then reloads the page using https. The HSTS header contains an "age" for the connection which has a max time of 1 leap year. The browser will only allow the user to connect with https until that time has passed. At which point a new HSTS header packet will be sent to the browser and lock it on https for another year. When the systemclock is pushed forward passed the expiration time, the browser will allow the user to connect with http and the server will respond with another HSTS header packet. If you can reset this expiration time, and delete the incoming HSTS information you can force a user to connect and interact with the website using http. Even if the user purposefully tries to connect with https you can just strip the ssl information and force them on http.

The problem for me at the moment is that I can remotely change the clock of computers using NTP, but it only works every 10 minutes and windows 10 has a max time shift of +-15 hours when using NTP to set the clock. So in order to make the attack work properly I need a way to increase the system clock by a year without manually touching the computer. Trying to step up in 15 hour increments also doesn't work, I'm fairly certain NTP is restricted on win10 to only allow timezone changes

Some interesting bits:
>apple's safari browser has a few key websites which have preloaded HSTS information that are set to never expire, making those preloaded sites impenetrable from this attack..
>reverting to a time before an ssl certificate chain was first granted throws no warning

Back in the roaring 90's the Yoyogi park was closed for traffic on Sundays so that people could perform there, everything from bands to acts.

mithunonthe.net/2016/05/12/japan-harajuku-sunday-meiji-shrine-yoyogi-park-cosplay/

Cybersix, cyb or not?
youtu.be/caCJO5ZAs0I

So my room is bland, boring, and ugly. I need to replace all the furniture and paint the walls. I figured I'd model it after my favorite thing, cyberpunk. How should I go about this? Any design tips?

That's biopunk bro

With 42 posts in nearly 24 hours this sure will be a hard night to survive. Hang on in there, stay comfy.

Attached: Comfy.png (891x605, 355K)

I am ready

Attached: letsDOthis.jpg (624x529, 57K)

I love this thread and it's users, feels like it's own community separate from Jow Forums

I really need to get into the IRC to get where the actions at

Is Madqueen /ourgirl/, /cyb/?
youtube.com/watch?v=jbwONfaQQVA

lospadres.info/thorg/lbb.html

rasppi or maybe hack up a nas? bonus points: irc on a toaster.

Attached: the_midnight_skulker.png (1962x1026, 632K)

Attached: physical_chemistry.png (2346x1398, 1.01M)

Oddly satisfying to read

absolutely... anyone saying otherwise is an incel homo. i have spoken.

Attached: 8eb85dfa-9d6f-467a-b529-af80674517ef..jpg (725x725, 48K)

Been watching her videos from long time. Definitely /ourgirl/, the things she knows about lore are way beyond.

Attached: Screenshot_20180809_222313.png (164x222, 69K)

Saving from 8th. Always vigilant.

Just got my Security+ today

Attached: 1553989578191.jpg (536x375, 56K)

Congrats bro

Passing out for the night, keep on keeping on

Attached: YzApc.png (992x352, 17K)

What's the most cyb apparel?
Talking clothes, jackets, the works.
>Damascus Apparel
>ACRONYM Apparel
These seem to come close, but feels off

>page 9
'morning lads

/cringe/

just bought the new updated A+ guide going to wgu for infosec

Are you really sure there is more action on IRC? It is here at /cyb/ that we have actually dusted off the decade old FAQ and updated it to something more comprehensive than, say, on Wikipedia. And on one FTP site we have amassed tons of documents and files.

What does the IRC deliver we do not have here?

Attached: TheDose4.jpg (904x1277, 576K)

Nmap question:

I have a custom CSV database i would like to use as part of a NMAP scan.
The database is called:
allitems.csv

and the fields I would like outputted in the terminal are:
Name, Description, Severity, Published, Added, Modified and Solution.

How would I do this?
Any help would be great.

sed/awk
cut (-d -f)
that's the commands you want to man

>sed/awk
>cut (-d -f)
>that's the commands you want to man
Thanks for the reply.
Can you be more detailed?

not that guy, but
echo 'a b c' | awk '{print $2}'
echo 'a,b,c' | cut -d ',' -f 2
you can get n-th field with these commands

Is it hard?

I don't want to fail :(

Attached: D36sAlGXoAAMX6x.jpg (727x1024, 91K)

>Damascus Apparel
Street gang style but their symbols are wrong.

>ACRONYM Apparel
Too bulky makes it unpractical, won't go far with kaki pants 2.0, the coats are good tho.

>come close, but feels off
Classic classic cyberpunk is close to punk (see pic). What was used is leather and sometimes latex (for real, people used to dress like they wanted in some circles). That is not to say we can't upgrade from there, also other fashion styles coexist like Blade Runner style.

Attached: punk in cyberpunk.jpg (1240x1852, 273K)

What are some good Usenet services that are free?
I don't care if they're text only, I'm looking for places to hang out.

Attached: 1555546762629.jpg (2560x1440, 552K)

Attached: 1499406024097.png (200x318, 67K)

These have too many weird straps and details to get tangled up in.

IMO Damascus looks great, ACRONYM looks ok. Would buy Damascus clothing and wear.
But I do agree with the symbols are wrong.

What cyb qualities do these have other than being black?

The imagry is close to what I could consider "cyber". Also the shape/fit of the cloths (at least on the shown models) is quite good.

Hey /sec/, complete newb here about real security.
Though I'm currently running linux, I know firefox isn't completely safe and I'm actually using it. I'd also like to ask of any security habits that I should be taking right now.

Anyone?

Eternal september is open but they dont accept any obscure mail provider to get an account.

What did you use to study?

Friendly reminder

Attached: NoCloud.png (388x228, 148K)

>Giant Robots & Power Suits
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZlLtfQik1c

>Giant Robots, or Mecha, in films and comic books fascinate audiences, but are usually considered impractical even with improved technology in the future. Today we'll look at them and concepts like power armor and exoskeletons and see if such suits might have a practical role in warfare or uses other than combat.

portable thorium reactors when?

strap me in zark fuckerberg

Attached: 1548888953113.jpg (300x300, 21K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_qUPnnROxvY

Attached: I_70eeee_2578182.jpg (595x790, 123K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3NjQ9b3pgIg
Use a VPN look into DNSCrypt

So what happened to that socketbbs textboard some user was advertising here? Was it just a IP Logger?

I'm still here. Don't be lazy Mr. Thread.

China
Nigger on ad
LMAO

Time to pass out.

It was rather bad. Zero content of value, sub teenage gunk.

are you that poor, that you can't afford a plane ticket?

Unix awk is excellent for database processing of csv files. Also good for formatting results to html.

starting a new job as an infosec consultant and I'm worried that I don't know anything

Well, uh, I guess I'll, uh, leave this here then....

youtube.com/watch?v=QAZfHHi58AU

Attached: 582cfc08-69a2-400f-986c-883470699385..png (2519x1421, 1.75M)

Attached: ifyouknowwhatimean.png (900x900, 345K)

i just want this to be part of my personal cyberpunk dystopia, thats all

Attached: 9f41a577-0b6b-44eb-8102-f353c286b0b1..jpg (640x360, 31K)

Is this link dead, or am I stupid?

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Security/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview9.htm

If latter, please tell me how to open.

Ty >3

The host appears to be down.

That is a very old version of the FAQ, latest is preview 24. That FTP site is down but an alternative exist, see lsst thread.

Sorry, I mixed up the cyb and sec FAQs

Lots of nice images from TRON over at