How did Qualcomm win?

Attached: QC-AI.jpg (784x839, 161K)

>gibe mony plox
>ok

that's all there is to it

the chinks literally weaponized the situation (threw fuel to the fire) in order to indirectly punish apple

>pay us this much to use our IP
>>No I don't wanna
>Then stop using our IP
>>No I'm going to use it anyway, fuck you sue me

>Gets sued
>Loses
>Retards on internet defend apple anyway

Intel told Apple there will be no 5g modem from them, so Apple was forced to amend relations with Qualcomm. It was that or enter years late into the 5g race.

Also this
Intel forever self btfo

As pointed out, Intel fucked up.

you guys know qualcomm is an american company right?

I would also like to point out Intel also fucked over apple by not making their chips 10nm as expected fast enough. Current macbooks designed for cooler 10nm have been overheating, and ebarassing the fuck out of Apple. That's why they are rushing out a new design ASAP. Apple is working hard as fuck to design a ARM macbook.- I think it will suck ass.

ALSO FUCK THE CHINKS>

Attached: download (2).jpg (617x316, 15K)

>ARM macbook
The world can deny me the cyberpunk future we were promised, but the one I'm getting is the one that I hate the most

Because Incel failed yet again

Attached: .png (833x1175, 529K)

This. Intel dropped the ball hard and both China and Samsung basically forced Apple to accelerate its plans by bee-lining straight to 5G.

Kid of year, they do want to fall behind. Qualcom lags behind in processor power but they number one in terms of mobile modems. By a long shot.

I am starting to suspect that the reason qualcom makes slow chips is because hoarded a bunch of parents so they can not use that and have to find other ways and tricks.

Visa versa for modems. This patent hoarding is what is killing the competitive market imho. It stifles innovation by granting a semi Monopoly to a small group or one company.

On the contrary, a world without patent protection would ensure a monopoly by the ones with the greatest capital.
You hear it all the time, fags on etsy think they can make it big so they ask a chinese factory to produce their pottery designs for them, and a month later the market is flooded with copies and nobody can do anything about it because lolchina
A system without intellectual property protection ensures that everyone has to group together into conglomerates to survive.

Why doesn't Apple just hire engineers to work on their own tech for full vertical integration?

Jow ForumsRIPIncel

>*charges $1400 for a telephone*
>"it's not fair that Qualcomm charges so much for royalties!"
kek

Patents = good
Patent trolling = bad

Apple is the pinnacle of the stick in bicycle may may

Lol in the meantime Apple opened up shop in San Diego (QualCuck hq) And has been hiring tons of RF engineers from Q, all the while opening the door for Intel. Apple will ultimately abandon both of them.
This is a win by Apple.

Good news.

You make a fair point and I agree with you. They're is something unsettling about patents that I have hard time putting into words.

I am mostly referring to companies collecting patents but not activily using them. Just insuring nobody else can use them.

Or companies locking out competition for many years while holding a crucial parent needed for societies to progress. And charging an absurd premium for the product.

For example medication driven to 10000% pricing that people need to live. That's exploitation not protecting IP imho.

But I admit I do not know enough about the law surrounding patents and am just annoyed that we have to wait many years for some progress because a company stopped progress by taking a patent on it.

nah
Patents = bad
Patent trolling = comes naturally from a flawed concept like as patents

you have to go back

homeground advantage

Shouldn't you be blogging about how AirPower is just around the corner?

Attached: 1547383267868.gif (500x491, 370K)

>Why doesn't Apple just hire engineers to work on their own tech for full vertical integration?
Because apple doesn't make technology they just design existing tech into products.
It's like asking why doesn't Boeing or GE just buy a steel smelter to make all the steel they want.

Fuck 5G and fuck You discord trannies

>sell tons of 5g devices
>still lose money
>Intel self btfo!!1
you nogs just don't understand business