CS degrees are a meme bro! Just Google that shi-

>CS degrees are a meme bro! Just Google that shi-

Attached: algo.png (602x1137, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>HR
Found your problem. Also saying you have no experience in "heavy algorithmic coding" doesn't help, either.

>heavy algorithmic code
what did she mean by this?

Your webshit “programming” paradigm where they glue together libraries like Lego blocks.

>it's a tweeter screenshot baiting for replies episode
fuck off

They are still a meme, CScuck.
Just because this dumb bitch couldn’t bother to prepare for her interview doesn’t mean your joke CS degree is suddenly relevant.
Unironically google that shit.
If you want a degree do EE or ECE, not CS

>binary trees

that is Community college, babies second CS class. surely a university goes beyond a 240 dollar class.Also are they implying they googled to learn it or that the googled to use it in their code.

Why are all those the same classes in bachelors.

I'm willing to bet HR did that after checking her Twitter lmao

>ECE/CE
same fucking shit, you're not going to be a hardware dev lmao
now get to writing those webshit apps, slave

She is kind of right, though. Who the hell expects a frontend dev to know CS? Javascript "development" is just importing left-pad and mashing frameworks together.

>Javascript "development" is just importing left-pad and mashing frameworks together
You have the option to do that sure, but you have also the option to do everything yourself

feels good being an EEchad working in control

CS majors are some of the dumbest people I've come across, next to bio majors and civEs.

They probably wanted her to do fizzbuzz but she couldn’t npm install fizzbuzz

FizzBuzz is now considered a heavy algorithmic question.

>MUH PACKAGES ARE BAD

They aren't required ya know

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

how is it not just a bunch of if and else statements or a switch?

thatsthejoke.jpg

CE is the academic major that studies computers using math, physics, and EE. CS is for people too weak to pass advanced math or physics courses. Compare:

>>CS
>1st year
Bullshit java/OO coding class
Bullshit data structures class
Piss easy calculus classes
Piss easy matrix algebra class
[If you're lucky] physics I&II for non-science majors

>2nd year
Watered down "computer architecture" class
Pompous software engineering class
Pathetic discrete "math" class
Watered down "probability" class
Crash course on formal languages and automata

>3rd year
Pathetic algorithms course
Watered down computability and complexity theory course
Laughable networks course
Laughable database course
Crash course on various programing languages

>4th year
Laughable computer security course
[If you're lucky] an Operating Systems class
[If you're lucky] a Compilers class
Horseshit AI with trivial machine learning
5-10 student team Capstone with one dude doing all the work
and all the bullshit easy electives you want

>>CE/ECE/EE
>1st year
C++/C Coding class
C++/C Data Structures and Algorithm
Easy vector calculus
Piss easy matrix algebra class
Ordinary Differential Equations
Physics I&II
Chem I&II

>2nd year
PDEs, Complex Variables, or Advanced Engineering Mathematics [which is half of each]
Probability and Random Processes
Numerical Analysis
Signal and System Analysis
Circuits
Physics III
Digital Logic
An actual Computer Architecture class

>3rd year
Electronics I&II
Communication Systems
Digital Signal Processing
[if CE or ECE] Discrete Math with Coding and Information Theory
[if EE or ECE] Control Theory
[if EE] Electromagnetics
[if CE] Operation Systems
[if CE] Digital System Design
[if CE] Embedded Systems

>4th year
Capstone where everyone actually does shit
[if you're unlucky] Ethics
Electives [for CE]:
Compilers
Computer Vision
Computer Graphics
VLSI Design
Networks
Cryptography
Reverse Engineering
Information Theory
Convex Optimization
Distributed Computing
Etc.

yes yes, very fancy
I'm telling you as a CE major that you'll still be stuck doing webshit

Name one university where this is the case.

Well, most CS programs are shit.

If you have more than one class on intro programming, it's shit.
If you have dedicated classes on OOP, web dev, or GUIs; it's shit.
If you're not required to take Computer Architecture (not the intro to C and logic gates meme), Operating System Theory, and Compilers; it's shit
If you're not required to take Calculus, Linear Algebra, Proofs, (Calculus based) Probability, (Calculus based) Statistics, Combinatorics & Graph Theory, or took watered down versions in the CS department; it's shit.
If you're not required to take Programming Paradigms, Type and Programming Language Theory, Formal Languages & Automata, Computability Theory, and Complexity Theory; it's shit.
If you're don't at least do one of Networking, Databases, or Distributed Computing; it's shit.
If you don't have a capstone project to graduate, it's shit.

blatant lie unless the student was a complete brainlet with a sub 3.3 or so and no internships

I don't give a shit. I only need the piece of paper for my 250k a year React job.

maybe thats for your uni fag, may cs course makes your "ce" classes look like a walk in the park lmao

maybe try getting into a uni that has a high cut off next time honey

>blatant lie
it's from personal experience, there's no reason to lie
now state some '''jobs''' that would be fitting for the CE program that you described
and good luck getting any of those in the western world

ETH Zurich.

i go to a top 10

name your school and I'll look at its curriculum

Show me your degree from ETH Zurich.

how come software engineers make more than CE &EE ?

I don't go there. You asked me to name a university with that coursework, and I did.

Next.

because you don't know any successful EEs or CEs who went to a uni other than State U

ETH Zurich doesn't have that coursework. If you actually went there you would know. I'm guessing you don't even have either degree from any college. Just a larper.

Would you consider yourself successful then?

>Jow Forums falling for ancient /sci/ pastas

retards

Attached: 1549713166726.gif (607x609, 388K)

Of course.
It's much better.

/sci/ is literally full of first and second year larpers.

>women are getting interviews for programming jobs without CS degrees
>can't even get a callback for a L1/L2 helpdesk job despite having 9 years of experience in IT world

Attached: 1554734656150.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

you go to ETH?

No, but I can look at their programs online like anyone else.

>uhhh... I self taught myself stuff you learned in school
>haha, wtf is this shit I suppose to know
lmao
What a fucking retard.
If you decided to learn on your own, then maybe fucking learn basics first instead of going straight to writing your boilerplate code
Dumb fucks

this is only true for americans and their daycare universities

But she's right. She's retarded but she's right
Pirate "Cracking the coding interview". Learn some basic coding. Easy 6 figure salary

COPE

Buy a wig and pretend to be a tranny.

based and redpilled

>I cannot do coding. Can I have a job as a coder?

Attached: FizzBuzzed.png (1848x2018, 391K)

abstract algebra

post your interviews, new ones if you have any

Frontend dev != designer

You're supposed to be a dev, just writing JS instead of backend stuff. Node.JS is basically frontend devs getting moved to backend or fullstack or devops and not wanting to learn a new language or maintain a codebase in two languages if fullstack.

Emphasis on "supposed", anyway.

>new ones if you have any
Unfortunately, after discussing it with the others, we are skipping hiring this year.

So, pic related is pretty much it, until next year.

Attached: AllTheAnswers.png (2752x4342, 742K)

>fizzbuzz
I only come to Jow Forums for memes and to ask stupid questions. Is this fizzbuzz thing basically something that's taught day one at university or something?

>It has logic errors, too.

Every time

Attached: 1433845450386.jpg (3840x2160, 584K)

>React
>heavy algorithmic code
lmao it's fucking javascript. it's fucking nothing.

it's the simplest fucking question you can ask and you need to know how loops and ifs work

this is exactly my experience user, to the point where I'm wondering if you went to my college.
but I'm not in college to 'learn', I'm in to get the shiny paper that gets me a job

>Pompous software engineering class
worst class of my goddamn life
I fucking hate "software" "engineering" and if I have to ever write a UML diagram in real working conditions I'll just shoot myself

...and I have to wonder why I'm so afraid of interviews. The bar is really fucking low man

this is incredibly rude to people with actual impostor syndrome

Attached: 1526226103911.png (464x1212, 345K)

no. the it's just some childs game adapted to a programming question.
Interierwers were tired of "programmers" who looked perfect on resume and interview but couldn't code the most basic solutions.

So they decided to ask them a piss easy algorithm question based on a childs game, a simple algorithm for numbers 1 to 100 if they divide by 3 print fizz, if they divide by 5 print buzz, if they divide by both print fizzbuzz, otherwise print the number.

Because even non programmers with basic high school education could write an algorithm in pseudo code it's expected that any programmer could write down a simple solution with a for loop and a few if statements in a just under a minute or two. The fact that people cannot do this proves they know absolutely nothing about programming and rely on google and pure rope memorization.

R O P E M E M O R I Z A T I O N

Attached: Sasha_grins_at_the_instructor.png (880x792, 473K)

>Slaving yourself
Slave pride.
They used to live their life depends on their master.
Its no secret that they will do that now. Seperate their from their master and they will find a new one

heh stick with me kid, and i'll show you the ropes.

Thanks for that detailed explanation.
Is this really so prevalent? People with no fucking clue applying for shit they have no idea about?
To the best of my recollection, I've never applied for something I wasn't near totally sure I could do. Is it simply a lack of self awareness issue? Or is it systemic to the industry as it is today because reasons?

>Because even non programmers with basic high school education could write an algorithm in pseudo code
Yep, I don't know shit about programming and with the way you described it, I feel like I could smash out a fizzbuzz in short order if I knew a language.

I see you have never had the pleasure of working with code monkeys in the industry. They are really good at delegating making phone calls, hosting meetings, and forwarding emails.

have you memorized your fucking ropes?

>tfw I fail my intro to programming course three times but I can do all of this

what the fuck

It's an issue of false assumption. Brainlets see the money you can earn even as a codemonkey and try to get into a job like that, thinking they'll just wing it when they got their foot in the door.
Because so many people try this, some of them actually get through and the quality of the industry decreases.
tl;dr It's the high pay combined with the false assumption that it is pisseasy just because they built a GUI with some educational programm in IT-Class that one time.
Also the industry would love if the whole world would apply and actually be qualified, because then they could pay software engineers, hardware-enginners and sysadmin way less money.

it's a parody image. programming is actually only for high IQ individuals.

googling requires you to be less of a retard because you have to process the information yourself rather than having the prof do it for you

im 22, debt free, softeng degree, softeng job

what is this monkey on about

test

kek

That stuff is piss easy. I was literally expected to be able to do this in Java after 1 day in university.

even the CS curriculum they have here in brazil in the middle of the amazon is better than the CS course you just described (teachers and schools aren't as good unfortunately).

His post doesn't really say much. He just claims everything is "watered down" whatever that might mean. The courses themselves look useful, if taught the right way.

did this in 6 mins, should i go to usa and work there or am i getting rused?

Attached: developers.png (603x397, 15K)

You are not getting rused, but FizzBuzz is just the absolute bare minimum. It's just a way to weed out the non programmers, it is not enough to get a job. Necessary condition, not sufficient condition.

this took you 6 minutes ? lol, try 20 seconds

damn i thought we elite now

Attached: tragic death.jpg (500x541, 53K)

>pass interview question
>nice stuff but it was too slow
my life in a nutshell

>Except for JavaScript "engineering" and anything related to algorithms, my technical skills are sharp.
>can't write a for loop without linking to stack overflow.
Even if modulus isn't a popular operation, it is not hard to write a solution for this simple problem.

>it is not hard to write a solution for this simple problem
It is not hard, if you know programming.

i in nums would be better

I have a degree in medical engineering but work as a web dev now.

No one gives a shit. Just do your job.

>this is exactly my experience user, to the point where I'm wondering if you went to my college
He didn't, he's just posting /sci/ copypasta.

Attached: fb.png (304x268, 20K)

probably binary search at worst

yeah this looks better really, i dont know why i used mutation there

>go to job interview
>expect algo questions
>just get asked about my education and convo about the company/team
>they send me a easy case to turn in a few days later
>write a couple of versions with different approaches/languages
>present it
>get the job
>they had another spot vacant, same title
>a girl got the job
>find out one week in she just copied the solution from medium
>doesn't actually know programming
>couldn't pass the fizzbuzz in a million years (guarantee she doesn't know the modulo operator)

for this reason alone I'm looking for some place else/plan on asking for a massive raise

Name it then

I suggest you do the former before attempting the latter

>rope memorization
Great replacement of programmers by pajeets and women
Day of the rote soon

user, please read this great article. The title is "why programmers can't... Program". Pretty realistic about how fucked programming world is.
blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/

>For example, I've personally interviewed graduates who can't answer "Write a loop that counts from 1 to 10" or "What's the number after F in hexadecimal?
Come on, this is a blatant lie. I can already smell the fine print on the first question. Bet you that there was much more than counting to 10.

>%15
and you're fired

fizzbuzz

but why? only alternative i see is using a "%3 and %5" case but is easier to take least common multiple.

I used to believe that, except when I started to work. For the job interview I was with a """senior""" candidate that could not write a procedure in Oracle, call it in Java and do a simple crud on the default HR database that oracle gives. The HR person asked me a lot of times if I felt the exams easy and wondering why, she told me a lot of people can't pass the exam (the first one is an online one doing random questions about Java, easy questions and easily cheat able, the second one was the coding part).
This is sad, really sad