AMD just lost a customer

Their support blatantly lies and hopes to get away with it, betting on their users being stupid enough, because they are too lazy to actually deal with problems.

Long time AMD user, had this problem, MSI support was very friendly and helpful, built even test rigs with identical parts to duplicated and find the problem I had, while AMD just closes tickets or (pic related) lies.

They can definitely flick off if I have to pay for advertised features that I can't even use.

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (1049x1104, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/b8a5ft/amd_ryzen_processor_features_defined/ejwpcwj?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Uhm, that's technically the truth. PBO is only officially supported and advertised as a feature of Threadripper, not 2600X nor 2700X. Motherboard makers went against spec and implemented it themselves.
Techpajeet is just going by the official script and can't offer you support on it.

Not OP but you're only partially right
AMD for the most part only advertised TR as BPO capable, even though there's is marketing material from them saying that X gen 2 CPUs support it too
Plus its advertised with the 400 series of chipsets by AMD themselves too, which is obviously not a TR chipset

>They can definitely flick off
Ouchie :(

Attached: flick.gif (498x278, 1.49M)

>uses RAID circa 2019
Get what you deserve

The CPU itself supports these features but AMD doesn't require board partners to.
But wasn't PBO added to Ryzen Master for Ryzen 2000 chips as of many months ago?
Have you tried downloading the latest Ryzen Master?

>flick off
You can say fuck on the internet user, it's okay.

You realize that PBO is part of AMDs own AGESA BIOS code that they distribute to motherboard manufacturers, including 400 chipset

Yes, but it is not an advertized nor supported feature on those chips.

OP here. Yes, PBO has been working for these chips for soon to be a year and it works fine for mine also, but only when chipset RAID is turned off, I turn it on and it breaks. AMD themselves already acknowledged this problem in a previous ticket.

See, that's what I've been thinking, since I've been talking about this problem previously with their support for months. It's only after much troubleshooting together with AMD (and that I still found the problem myself) and after contacting MSI too, when MSI said that it's a problem on the AMD side that this lack of answers started.

Wrong.

It is, its just not in the spec so mobo OEMs can choose to implement it or not and advertise it themselves depending if their product supports it or not.
That's why X series CPUs have it as a documented feature and AMDs own software supports it.

OP here, that's true.
The first thing AMD told me when I contacted their support about it was that I have to have a X series CPU, since I forgot to mention that.

Wrong
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/b8a5ft/amd_ryzen_processor_features_defined/ejwpcwj?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
>PBO is officially a feature only designed for and tested with 2nd Gen Threadripper products. You may have found that some motherboard makers have experimentally exposed the feature for non-TR products, but you should know we did not define/test/deploy the feature for anything but TR.

Show me one example of CURRENT (not pre release) marketing that advertises PBO as a feature of Ryzen+. You're probably confusing it with PB2 which is NOT the same thing at all.

OP here.
That's literally the problem the thread is about, please read the thread you post and the thread you're posting it, not just shitpost to be "factually" correct, I'm not a Intel shill or shitposter you have to fight because they are picking on your favorite company.
I wouldn't even be surprised that this is something that started after MSI contacted them about it (but I actually think it's because their new AGESA 3000 series BIOS problems related to PBO that came to light recently), their own material used to say it's "supported by Ryzen and Ryzen Threadripper", they are only now backpedaling instead of putting effort into supporting it. Their own support claimed it was real and gave support on it and literally the previous revision of the PDF file in my original picture they linked included Ryzen, non-Threadripper. Many of that is mentioned in your linked Reddit thread too, which only started recently.

The saddest part of this is that probably (honestly idk how about AMD, but most of the market works that way) it's not the AMD's fault but the 3rd party supplier's fault that is responsible for distributing AMD's products in your country.
I work in local department of Xiaomi in Europe, it's kind of frustrating when people are hating the brand for something while the terms of warranty and the way the warranties are realised aren't 100% controlled by the brand itself, but in most part by the 3rd party supplier that is working with the brand.

You're right on one thing, that beta AGESA 0.0.7.x did break PBO on some boards. If you installed it (why?) then try roll back?

Where did I claim I installed it? I did not. PBO does not work on any BIOS, irrelevant to AGESA version when the chipset RAID is turned on, it works with it's turned off.

>Robert, what is really going on? It appears that Precision Boost Overdrive is a feature that was intended by AMD to be enabled for certain (perhaps all) second generation non-Threadripper Ryzen processors but that this plan was changed at some point. Was this change due to some kind of bug affecting non-Threadripper Ryzens?

Very fishy

>only when chipset RAID is turned off, I turn it on and it breaks. AMD themselves already acknowledged this problem in a previous ticket.
O.

Yeah sorry your tech pajeet was dumb and said the wrong thing. New platform pains can be a problem when you're doing less common things. Not many people use RAID *and* overclock now days. Doesn't mean it shouldn't work, and I imagine it'll get fixed when it's properly forwarded through tech support.

Does this work on TR though? If PBO in Ryzen Master works when RAID on with TR, yet doesn't on regular Ryzen, that seems likely to be a board issue, whether it's an issue with the board BIOS themselves or the AGESA that AMD ships to them for 400 series chipsets separate from X399 ones.

Errr the new 3000 series AGESA has TONS of issues. You should not be using BIOS beta without a clearly defined and necessary reason.

fuck you

>another thread with amd and msi

what are the odds

Because you mentioned known issues with that bios revision.
Which board are you using, exactly?

ITT g-tards defend AMD.

>Errr the new 3000 series AGESA has TONS of issues. You should not be using BIOS beta without a clearly defined and necessary reason.
>Because you mentioned known issues with that bios revision.
Again, never claimed I did. The recent beta BIOS only became available a month ago, this problem as I've indicated was already months ago.

>Because you mentioned known issues with that bios revision.
Yes, aka AMD now claiming they never intended to support it, even though they did, since people started bitching about problems related to it, one of them being the new beta BIOS for 3rd gen Ryzen causing problems with it, some being like my RAID problem, etc.

>Which board are you using, exactly?
B450M

>B450M
I don't get why you're being so intentionally vague, but whatever.
Assuming it's not the absolute lowest end PRO M2 or VDH, there is an option in the bios to manually enable PBO with your own set values. Do you have that and have you tried it?

>third party motherboard makers enable it
>ITS AMD's FAULT

what you mean he is vague

he is clearly using AMD and MSI he is intentionally using CAPSLOCK on only those two words

Tried pbo on my 2700x and assrock x470 was the same as the usual boost

Honestly it makes little to no difference unless you have cooling good enough to keep it under 60c full load, then you might get 50-100mhz more all core boost. Only boards with custom PBO scalar can really get a big benefit out of it and they are rare.

Ah ok
Yeah I'm fine with mine at 4ghz

>Correct. It may work on normal Ryzen parts, but the feature was certainly never built or tested for that. We definitely cannot promise any sort of stability or reliability of the feature on parts out-of-scope for us. But it's worth covering because some mobos turned it on for Ryzen anyhow, and I'd rather you get the facts than speculation.

gee who would have known that OP knowningly went out of his way to make yet another anti amd thread

Vague about the board? I'm not trying to be vague, I just dislike the dumb naming schemes. In this case, BAZOOKA. The differences are only related to layout or specific part manufacturers though, I've already checked different M450B BIOSes in hex editors and they are identical otherwise (except a identification string and board specific BIOS version number).

>Assuming it's not the absolute lowest end PRO M2 or VDH, there is an option in the bios to manually enable PBO with your own set values. Do you have that and have you tried it?
I've been on this problem for months, both with AMD and MSI, you'd think I haven't tried? Yes, it's enabled in the BIOS, but Ryzen Master will say it's off when RAID is turned on too, while it says it's on while RAID is off. It's not just a indication issue, PBO itself isn't working as is clearly indicated by voltages/frequencies in different tests and benchmarks.

That's exactly how I used to run it, with the benefit of recent addition of negative voltage offset for CPU that MSI added a while ago. PBOs most beneficial when it comes to single core performance, comparing PBO to normal boost with the same workloads, it can be as big as 3.95GHz with normal boost to 4.17GHz with PBO under full load, even bigger when it's a single or few core load.

Please read the whole reddit thread and this thread before posting.
Thank you

>Buy AMD RX580
>Eligible for 2 free games (DMC V, RE2)
>Follow the steps to enter my code, throws an error
>Email supplier and AMD
>Supplier gets back to me within days, tells me to contact AMD
>AMD get back to me 2 weeks later, telling me they're backed up with support requests and to wait longer
>A month goes by, still can't use their promotion, no response
>Send a follow up email
>They never get back to me, promotion expires

Fuck AMD

>it's enabled in the BIOS, but Ryzen Master will say it's off when RAID is turned on
Then honestly, it's clearly just an issue with the way the board is designed.
Your options are:
-Don't use RAID
-Get a PCI-E raid card
-Don't use PBO
-Try another manufactuer's motherboard

I have an MSI board and 2600X, just for you i'll go try enable chipset raid now and let you know if it works.

haven't read the picture you attached but

>Their support blatantly lies and hopes to get away with it, betting on their users being stupid enough, because they are too lazy to actually deal with problems.

THAT IS *L I T E R A L L Y* ALL tech support. AMD, Intel, NVIDIA, all of these companies have some employees that don't give a fuck

oh i did and it seems like despite some typos and literally nothing else but MSI enabling it
which by enabling it i mean they just removed the dialpad and slapped all of their stupid profiles of titanium series

the problem here is that you actually bought a fucking msi motherboard fully knowning that they are shit since day one
taichi has separate profiles for each cpu
gigabyte also
msi just applies insane vcore because they dont bother at all

It's not as huge of a problem, it would have been nice to see it fixed though instead of this. Just not feeling very positive about buying a 3000 series CPU as a upgrade, if whatever I read now about it could just be dropped and excused by AMD as a "typo in official documentation". I can live with my current CPU and no PBO fine right now.

Thanks, it would be interesting to know. You can tell when you open Ryzen Master, you can see it either reporting PBO or just the old "Auto".

It works. Do note that it says "auto", that's normal as it's manually set by the BIOS. All the current values, all-core clocks and boost voltage show it's working as it should be.

Attached: pbo.png (1190x715, 106K)

Literally all the Vega GPUs have the same problem
Yet it doesn't mean they are bad when you undervolt them

what being overvolted because of low yields has to do with msi being fucking retards as always and provide profiles with insane vcore?

no ryzen can reach the speed their profiles are intented to (4.5ghz/46.ghz) so you are just applying stress to the cpu for nothing

If you're interested you can run additional tests for your own curiosity, since that's the same first idea I got, it shows the main limits and voltages as it's using PBO, but actually it's not the PBO algorithm boosting ut the normal boost one. MSI also confirmed it after their tests. Things like old CB show the difference clearly.
It's fishy to begin with seeing that with RAID off Ryzen Master says it's using PBO but with RAID on, it suddenly says it's not.

A lot of Ryzen mobo have partially or fully broken features especially when it comes to OC and assorted things very likely due to AMD making the choice of keeping most of their stuff a complete blackbox when it comes to BIOS devellopement
Being a low end mobo probably doesn't help either.
You most likely can't do anything about it.

>instead of trying to fix their shit they just claim it was never supposed to be
Bravo AMD

>Waaaahhhh muh overclock is not working

>flick off
You sound like the Sonic autism boy. "I mean WHAT THE FRICK"

Here you go. Left RAID OFF, right RAID ON.

You're right, it somehow interferes with the PBO algo, even though all features appear to be enabled.

If anyone here with a non-MSI board is willing to do a test it would be really useful.
For reference, this is an X470 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Attached: pbotest.png (807x404, 24K)

>fix something a third party enabled it that wasnt intented to be used

hmm

I don't know how people keep buying MSI. They have been going down the drain for years.

third parties wrote the typos in their official documentation? amazing claims

Whoever made the docs for ryzen master mistakenly listed support for ryzen+ PBO. It was corrected. The end.
I don't get why you need to be so outraged about it.

Are you literally defending a multi billion dollar company for "honest mistakes"? Now that's fanboyism at it's finest

>Using AYYMD HOUSEFIRES garbage

TOP KEK

>using msi shit
serves you right

are you literally making threads shitting on amd about literally a fucking typo?

I didn't make any threads shitting on AMD

>MUUHHH AMD ITS MSI FAULT
amdrones are really fucked in the head. y i k e s

>AMD just lost a customer
Nobody gives a fuck

this

>amdrones will defend this

Attached: 1532343420253.jpg (960x686, 514K)

maybe you're the retard since msi keeps expanding into every market, even monitors
I don't like chink monopoly but their prices are ok and they don't make RGAYB motherboards that much

My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure AMD is absolutely devastated over losing your business with them

>whining over an irrelevant meme feature

Just use mdadm. It's less of a pain than dmraid. Software raid has always been better than hardware.

Primitive shaders for vega were also a typo. Don't sweat the details and buy superior amd products. You don't want to be called incel or nvidiot on the internet, right.

Attached: ayyymd.jpg (568x612, 66K)

Wtf is wrong with RAID

their GPUs have the lowest RMA rates though

>somebody took the time to make this

>tearing
>AMD
You realize AMD was the driving force behind a-sync and making FreeSync open, before even Nvidia had G-Sync?
Imagine being this butthurt over that, that you try to rewrite history with shitty memes.

if you think chipset RAID is hardware RAID.... I mean... what are you doing on Jow Forums?

but we actually already have games using it and it's going to be a major point in Zen2/Navi consoles

>request to RMA
>request denied
low RMA rate

yeah nobody buys them

It's redundant