/spg/ - Smartphone General

Oneplus 7 & 7 Pro Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: D4TlyuQWsAAh6gc.jpg (2048x1234, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidcentral.com/oneplus-7-pro-will-feature-quad-hd-90hz-display
ebay.com/itm/New-in-Sealed-Box-Google-Pixel-2-5-0-Smartphone-USA-GLOBAL-Just-Black-64GB/143205362181
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-7-global-64gb
gizmochina.com/2019/04/16/mysterious-redmi-snapdragon-730-phone-with-pop-up-selfie-camera-and-triple-cameras-could-be-coming/
gizmochina.com/2019/04/15/alleged-redmi-8d855-phone-with-pop-up-selfie-camera-and-3-5mm-audio-jack-officially-teased-again/
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-lenovo-z5-pro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it worth it,Jow Forums ?
It's around my price range (it's £229)
And it will have a global launch due to its fcc certification.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-17-11-06-39-1-1.png (720x796, 396K)

Attached: 1555485819588.jpg (1080x1338, 392K)

That screen sound technology shit can be pretty weird, but otherwise it seems pretty decent for the price. Ultra wide sensor is hella nice.

Just go for it.

>punch hole display
>Is it worth it,Jow Forums ?
Never.

Could someone explain the new Samsung phones naming scheme? What's the difference between say A10 and M10?

M series is a rebooted j series
A series(2019 and onwards) is both elements from the j series and old a series but better specs and better quality.

>Mi 9 for under 500
Unironically might too big for me, then again p20 is hefty enough. Plus Id have to wait and dealing with Amazon returns sucks

>2019/2018
>fuckhuge screens, fucked up resolutions
>have camera in the middle of screen or just in the way somehow
>moving towards cameras that pop up so there can be even more screen room
>meanwhile phones get thinner, the 3.5mm jack is going the way of the dodo, there have been no battery improvements, and some phones don't even let you change the MicroSD
fuck phones. this is fucking bullshit

Attached: 1412723109925.png (585x575, 179K)

it's slightly better than the notchshit desu, as long as it's not the abomination that the s10+ has

Repeat after me. Midrange samsung is shit.

>it's slightly better than the notchshit desu
I don't know, you lose like an inch of screen real estate if you hide it. And if you have a screen protector on, forget about it, you'll see it. Their mid range devices have always been locked down pieces of shit, and I'm assuming these new ones will be as well. So, that's not a plus either.

samshitters btfo

Samsung 10e: yay or nay? Keep in mind I'm european

One plus 5t or razer phone 2?

how important is would you guys say is OIS . optical image stabilisation?

Is there anything better than the Huawei P Smart at the same price (~£200/$250)?

Only if you get the SD855 version (G9700)

Redmi Note 7

it's really good but you need to import SD or don't bother.
I had an exyshit s10e too and the lack of gcam cripples it. samsung's stock camera sucks so much cock

How come noone buys used on here

You know how many times I jerked off with my phone? Shits to personal to buy used.

>How come noone buys used on here
Hello,
my last 3 phones were used.. usually got them for half the price

Always perfectly immaculate since the normie reseller keeps it in its case and applies a screen protector on day 1 (which i promptly toss away)

Attached: clock.png (506x446, 109K)

Any point in buying a tempered glass for my poco?

yeah, it's always worth it

Because often when people sell used phones it's because there's something wrong with them that they won't tell you about

What year was the peak year of the smartphone?
I think it was 2014/2015
Soo much good phones came out at that time frame

Attached: 1555286619280.jpg (492x647, 42K)

Yeah make the piece of junk even thicker good thinking

Attached: tumblr_picy66AJT21v3hphro1_500.jpg (500x605, 71K)

wow, rude

Ok I just ordered the Meme Mix 2s.
Let's hope I won't regret it.

What does /spg/ think of the new Pixel 3a?
>OLED
>4 gigs of RAM
>64 GB storage
>Pixel 3 tier camera
>SD670
For 400-500

Attached: 146383-phones-feature-google-pixel-3-lite-release-date-rumours-features-and-feature-image1-gydyfzq8m (970x647, 37K)

Those fucking bezels, dude.

as if adding a 0.3mm thin piece of glass would make any noticeable difference.

Holy shit why did they make it so ugly

Attached: eww.jpg (1200x800, 150K)

>0.3mm thin
not him but is it really 0.3mm or more like 1mm?

Reminder that wireless chargers prevents wear on USB ports.

It could be good if the price is right, but knowing google it will be way overpriced

Glass screen protectors are usually advertised to be around 0.2-0.3mm thick, but I have to admit I've never actually measured one. It could just be chink false marketing tricks.

reminder that wireless charging is more inefficient and causes more heat which increases battery wear

>wireless chargers prevents wear on USB ports.
thereby making them useless as you can also connect wirelessly for data

Attached: Dm8qsd6UcAAizbr.jpg (872x938, 88K)

2015 was a shit year for phones, mainly because SD808/810 housefires

Woah, this just made my day. Perhaps my fucking year
the OnePlus 7T will have the Pro version too, and I'm here to tell you it'll have the coveted 10x zoom lens on it. Fuck me, stock cam already beats the S10, when gcam is out it'll destroy the competition. Not even the Pixel 4 has the telescopic lens on it, just a shitty depth sensor.
Start saving up bros, the OP7T Pro is THE phone to buy in late 2019.

>OnePlus 7 Pro will offer a sizeable upgrade on the display side of things, thanks to a Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display with a high refresh rate of 90Hz. The phone will also feature USB 3.1 connectivity, a larger 4000mAh battery with 30W Warp Charge, stereo speakers, and three cameras at the back — a primary sensor joined by a telephoto and a wide-angle lens.
androidcentral.com/oneplus-7-pro-will-feature-quad-hd-90hz-display

Holy shit! Will it have UFS 3.0 storage too?

No bro, that's the OP7T Pro. Wait for it, I guarantee it's worth it.

This year has been the best and if you think otherwise you aren't paying attention. Even cheap phones now have very good cameras and have the specs to let you do just about anything you'd want, unfortunately Android and iOS limit the actual possibilities

Hideously overpriced. In my country it's just $20 cheaper than the Oneplus 6.

>This year has been the best
from a hardware standpoint?
price standpoint?
ABSOLUTELY

But from a design, variety standpoint?
Not at all

Attached: Ds9SAvOVYAAzRZz.jpg (500x492, 29K)

What design do you want that you can't get? With all the phones trying to go notchless and bezelless we are getting some interesting designs.

>20+ megapixels camera
>can only use half of them
t-thanks
I miss the Zoom series, unironically.

what's a good phone for me? i'm moving up from an lg stylo two (which was good for everything i wanted), don't want to spend more than 300 bucks.

it's not even out anywhere yet

country/carrier? Are you looking for another phone with a stylus?

I thought fast charging causes battery wear while slow charging puts less strain to the battery

US, sprint. i never used the stylus

This just hit the mail for 399. Do you niggers have a better option for a comfortable one handed use?

Attached: lg-g7-thinq-hands-on-colors-2.jpg (1500x1000, 417K)

Seriously how do you fuck up the design this much

You can get a brand new (sealed box) Pixel 2 for $299 off Ebay:
ebay.com/itm/New-in-Sealed-Box-Google-Pixel-2-5-0-Smartphone-USA-GLOBAL-Just-Black-64GB/143205362181

If you want something you can just pick up from a store then Moto G7 or G7 Power, if get them from Best Buy and activate on Sprint they give you a $100 off the price.

>No button
>No Fingerprint gestures
>Shit battery life
>Non-remappable google assist button
>LG bloat
>Can't unlock bootloader

Attached: 1348153212-1381067-ok.jpg (364x400, 86K)

That's not the Pixel 3a, that's the regular Pixel 3 and 3 XL. You can tell because 3a and 3a XL won't have front facing stereo speakers.

Attached: pixel3-lite-onleaks.png (1200x900, 852K)

tootbloater is unlocked tho

The prices are out in my country.

Just picked up a redmi note 7 from Ali for a decent price. Meant to replace my now broken mi a2 lite. Pretty excited considering it's basically a lateral move.

>The prices are out in my country.
How much? Are they official prices or "leaked" prices?

It's equivalent to $475 for the 3a. Heard it from my local vendor. Garbage value, if course.

Bricked my current phone. Looking at the Xiaomi Mi A2 lite, 240CAD on Amazon, and I'd receive it by the end of tomorrow. Anything else I should consider?
In Canada with Public Mobile by the way.

Is that with or without taxes?

I'd say get the Redmi Note 7 instead, but you'd have to order it from China to get it at a similar price so no next day shipping:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-7-global-64gb

Ok lads, what is the cheapest chinkphone on the market that has the following criteris
>no notch or hole, i dont care about front camera, whether it's pop up, slide or none at all
>has USB-C connector - chink micro usbs are cancer, they always fail within one year
>preferably a stock android or the bootloader is(can be) unlocked
>jack 3/5 doesn't matter, I use usb-c earphones

Attached: 1550772445906.jpg (1600x1200, 338K)

Lmao those are the flagships? What the fuck

Those ones don't look too bad, although you can't really tell what it truly looks like from those photos

That's inclusive of everything. Meanwhile the 6/128 OP6T goes for $505.

Burger, right? Your options are nonexistent.

Ok so if it's the equivalent of $475 with taxes in some other country, then I think $399 could be the price in the US.

>Burger, right? Your options are nonexistent.

Nope, not burger.
Why can't the burgers have phones though?

Mi A1 is $130 off Aliexpress

>Mi A1 is $130 off Aliexpress
That's my current phone and the battery begins to show age.

I would like something with the bezelles meme.

is Mi Mix 3 over your budget?

Yep.
That's more than I care to spend.

Is there a cheap ass phone with a pop-up camera or is this only a premium feature?

XZ3 vs S9

Unirnocally adore this thing, when do you think it goes down to earthly prices?
How long until chinese make an analog with reasonable specs?
it is the phone concept i've been waiting for.

Attached: galaxy-fold-live-shot-samsung-promo.jpg (1600x1200, 129K)

Honestly I bet my ass this idea is going to exist as a 2000$ show-off novelty item for retards and die.

folding phones are DOA.

What's a good open sores calendar for Android?

Hey, can i get some advise here?
My sister cannot into contracts and is leasing a phone she has to return after paying 900 bucks on it for the past two years. Same as her husband. Turns out in Iowa even if you oay the thing off in full, Sprint has full ownership of it unless you specify otherwise at the end of the lease. So we're looking for
>four phones
>midwest/iowa/US
>my budget will likely be around 200usd. I have a s7, but its locked with sprint and Idon't care for it. Lets say 400usd each for the other three.
>cannot be Sprint. Verizon's service area is best here, but I dont care for it and they'll likely go to whatever

why exactly? folding phones would be ideal for a lot of people(me included), nobody uses phones as phones anymore
folded phone is in perfect pocket dimensions.

Ah hell, sorry. For usage, basically just normall browsing for me. Heavy Instagram/Twitter for two others anf fB for the last. Nothing special.

>Is there a cheap ass phone with a pop-up camera
No, although there's rumors that Xiaomi will launch a Redmi phone with a pop-up camera:
gizmochina.com/2019/04/16/mysterious-redmi-snapdragon-730-phone-with-pop-up-selfie-camera-and-triple-cameras-could-be-coming/
gizmochina.com/2019/04/15/alleged-redmi-8d855-phone-with-pop-up-selfie-camera-and-3-5mm-audio-jack-officially-teased-again/

There is the Lenovo Z5 Pro with the sliding mechanism that's pretty cheap:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-lenovo-z5-pro

Mi9

Thanks bruh

would you be buying unlocked? Usually if you're switching carriers you can get good deals when getting the phones on contract, like those BOGO offers carriers sometimes do.

I'm also looking to get away from Sprint. I haven't paid the lump sum to own my phone yet (Flex Lease program) but I lost it on Friday like a fucking dumbass and now I have to pay to get it replaced on top of that.
Probably gonna see about switching service to my old contract phone (if that's a thing) and then look into buying an unlocked phone.

Their carries fuck everything up. As for your phone, get the Mi A2. It ticks all your boxes.

I live in the glorious backwards Motherland and we don't even have that "locked" thing whatsoever.

The mobile providers tried to push that, but the people figured out that renting a fucking phone is a bad deal, even if it's really shiny.

Hows SE? Is there a big difference in every day use with the 712 and SD855?

>why exactly?
See this thread:

Il have to add on this. Is there a big difference between SD835 or even 845? Its a 710 based but is there a big difference when browsing etc?

Zero and I mean ZERO practical difference outside of muh Fortnite. I use a SD636/4GB phone and it handles dozens of tabs in Chrome without refreshing.

>Pixel cameras have kiss detection
>examples posted are fat gays and green haired ugly lesbians
what did Google mean by this?

I'm fine with buying unlocked. Will look for carrier plan swaps too, but thats how my sister got suckered into this.

Is there a phone like the Galaxy A70 but with OIS?

I like the big screen, having no bezels, a Snapdragon instead of something third-rate like Exynos or Kirin and the f/1.7 camera, but no OIS means terrible night photos.
I also like the price, I don't want to spend flagship money.

What's an alternative?

Attached: snap.jpg (1024x575, 97K)

>I want good things for real cheap!