youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: pcbg.jpg (4032x3024, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/F7ZhQZ
nudecnc.eu/product/ncore-v1/
amazon.com/dp/B07CKVW18G/?tag=pcpapi-20
amazon.com/Coollaboratory-Liquid-Extreme-Thermal-Compound/dp/B07MS1RB6B
asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/overview/
pcpartpicker.com/list/4gZhQZ
threatpost.com/new-ninth-gen-intel-cpus-shield-against-some-spectre-meltdown-variants/138152/
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tHdBKB
youtube.com/watch?v=7EnRjlsvJ3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for beware of AMD damage control shills

Attached: In case of AMD shill 2.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)

>bionicle case
haha on newegg i filtered for lowest price case with no windows and found the lowest cost one that looked like it had the best airflow

Attached: 1554277056887.jpg (800x1004, 161K)

Zen2 and Navi need to come out soon so shitposting can die down for awhile.

Why does the amd build have a cooler?
Don't you get a cooler with an amd cpu?
why does the intel build have such shitty motherboard? The benchmark was done with a more expensive chipset that allows you to have turbo boost and support faster ram.

>Implying
If it's good the AMD shilling will reach unimaginable levels, if it's shit the cope shilling will also be crazy.

games will use whatever you give them. There is always a way to make use of more CPU power. Increase population density, physics shit and so on. "Games don't need more than a 6 core" makes as much sense as the people saying you'll never need more than a singe/dual/quadcore years ago

This general is nothing but an eternal CPU flame war now. People come here for advice and we just shitpost.

Beware shill who does those serial killer patchwork collages lmao

intel shills will just shill even harder like they did when the Zen+ launch was better than expected, after months of yelling at people not to wait and saying it'd only be a 1.5% increase at best like Intel generations only to find out it was instead a 12% clock-for-clock increase in gaming plus higher clocks. lmao.

literally because of 1 psychopath gaslighting troll.

Sirs, buy Noctua products

Is this build any good? I don't plan on OC
pcpartpicker.com/list/F7ZhQZ

Attached: 1551904052893.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

Reminder poozen is only good if you have expensive b-die ram but then again it's on par with much cheaper 9400f and you are overpaying so it's terrible overall.

If you are getting 3200cl16/3000cl15 ram with poozen you get much worse perf than cheaper 9400f with 2666 ram

Attached: poozen btfo by 9400f.png (1920x1080, 856K)

What does Jow Forums think of Threadrippers?

Only Ryzen that's truly worth buying right now.

Based 2600X on par with the 9400F in pure gaming while having better cheap boards and better multithreaded performance.
Thanks for keeping us updated!

It's great if it actually fits your needs. A waste of money, outside of being cool, otherwise.
I'd really wait for 7nm Threadripper late this year if you can, too. It'll likely be even better, or 2950X and 2990WX will likely price drop massively. Like I remember 1950Xs dropping down to $620 and boards down to $200.

>people are seriously recommending a 2700x over a 8700k
/pcAMDbg/.

Attached: 1550843211373.png (1001x524, 373K)

then do it yourself

Based OP, ignore jewish streetshitting pozzed shills.

Attached: 1544653439765.jpg (810x587, 328K)

>same clocks, same ram, same fps
>AMD BLOWN THE FUCK OUT INTEL WINS AGAIN BABY
wait what

i want to delid my 8700k when i get it. you guys know anything about this:
nudecnc.eu/product/ncore-v1/

Attached: 1538782155409.jpg (2592x3872, 1.76M)

I honestly only see autistic AMD shills.

It's almost like you didn't read what I typed

>i want to delid my 8700k
for what

Same gaymen experience but vastly superior security and multithreading, but Intel shills are pretty indians so they're not that intelligent.

It's shit, look at the benchmarks. Direct die in general is not worth it. Delid your 8700K and use Coollaboratory Extreme, the new one. Some japs tested it and it's like thermal paste, so really easy to spread and doesn't dry up as fast as normal liquid metal.

haha intel is better for gaming don't you get it????

because it's just two guys working over time to shill for intel?

hello?

It's almost like you already forgot hynic c die exists and doesn't cost anywhere near as much as samsung b-die.

lower temperature after cleaning and applying better performing thermal compound and maybe tossing the heatspreader and making the cooler directly contact die, potentially using a water cooling solution. this will eliminate temperature as a variable when overclocking for best possible performance

r8 monitor damage

Attached: 1541683594386.jpg (375x500, 12K)

>because it's just two guys working over time to shill for intel?
Definitely, because the "shill intel OP" also listed AMD CPUs as opposed to the totally not an AMD shill OP not listing Intel CPUs and in the whole thread those two intel people post things like this autist

you are retarded if you think it's the same.

explain coolaboratory and why is liquid metal drying a problem? i bought this heatpad, is it silly?
amazon.com/dp/B07CKVW18G/?tag=pcpapi-20

You are retarded if you think there's a notable difference. I literally just posted proof in the previous thread.

>720p
lol. Also techpowerup has 8400 beating 2700x. But he is only a shill when has intel winning amirite?

Are you seriously questioning how to measure the impact on RAM speed on performance? You know it will be EVEN LESS at higher resolutions right?

Anyone got opinions on the Corsair Carbide 275R?
I hear mixed things about its airflow.

Attached: 61m8x2T5-xL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 12K)

amazon.com/Coollaboratory-Liquid-Extreme-Thermal-Compound/dp/B07MS1RB6B
Yes it is stupid af really. Liquid metal has a way higher thermal transfer rate opposed to normal paste or graphite pads. Even then I would've bought the new one from thermal grizzly because it more like rubber than paper like yours so it will better fill small gaps. There is a reason people replace it with liquid metal and not TIM or graphite heatpads.

I bought Asus Prime A 320m-k
My processor is a Ryzen 2700
I'm planning to put a 1x 16gb ddr4 3000mhz stick and later another 16gb stick
Asus say that the motherboard supports 2x 4gb 3200mhz, but don't say nothing about 2x 16gb 3000mhz. Does it support?
This is my motherboard

>hello?
hey!

asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/overview/

hey what if i put this pad on the die and leave the heatspreader off and put this large air cooler on it? will the pad take enough tension off the die to make it safer/more feasible? this seems like easy mode and i'm afraid there are diminishing returns with anything more just like you said, once thermal throttling is prevented, any more cooling doesn't functionally matter right?

Attached: 1537693961441.jpg (1181x1575, 306K)

>Intel shill lists AMD CPUs that so makes him not a shill
lol what?

I used to list Intel CPUs too. But they keep getting more and more serious security issues which don't affect AMD CPUs. All the AMD ones have been mostly harmless and were also patched already. Intel still has well over 10 outstanding and major vulnerabilities, many which researchers claim are simply unpatchable and require a new/different architecture.

But hey, since I listed Intel CPUs before, I'm definitely no shill by your measure. Or at least I'm just one in ironic quotes. Thanks!

hi

Attached: 1522319602072.jpg (800x800, 34K)

i'm only interested in gaymen so this windowsbox is what i use thus everything is already compromised which runs on this machine. i have everything else on a x220box

r8
pcpartpicker.com/list/4gZhQZ

Yes, they are 80mm. I now bought 2 fans and am going to install them. I was thinking bottom-back as intake and top-back as exhaust but does that make sense?

The temps were fine without any case fans when I just ran with the APU, but now since I have a GPU it's getting ridiculous (90°C on the Motherboard alone).

>outstanding and major
imagine using fancy adjectives to make your lies more believable

So basically direct die? The chance of the die cracking is still quite high since the thermal pad doesn't really help against you tightening the screws too hard. Thermal pads are inferior to pastes and pastes are inferior to liquid metal. If I were you I would get the liquid metal and just put the IHS on so the die will be safe and the cooler won't get stains. Direct die isn't really worth it, like 5°C difference at most but if you want the best of the best you can do it but the graphite pad isn't the best of the best.
But 9th gen fixed the hardware flaws while Zen+ didn't? AMD also isn't safe from them as we all know and except for bang for buck is inferior to Intel until Zen 2 releases.

do 40mm fans fit under the io panel of motherboards? gigabyte did it but i dont know if they're 40mm

Attached: fan.jpg (620x377, 81K)

>But 9th gen fixed the hardware flaws while Zen+ didn't?
that's wrong. AMD was not affected by the most severe security flaws and there are no hardware fixes in coffeelake refresh. Not that it makes much of a difference for normal consumers

>But 9th gen fixed the hardware flaws
lol, sweetie, no it didn't.
AMD was already secure against anything serious. The minor Spectre vulns it had were fixed in software long ago without a performance impact.

biggus and dickus

oh well on low enough speed they might make a measurable difference without being loud.

those are VRM cooler fans

What the fuck are you doing. That board is utter trash, it's meant for shitty APU builds.

what pc can I get from $~5?
it needs to be functional (some input, some output) and run atleast on lfs.
bonus if it has some digital/visual display/video connection and keyboard connection

threatpost.com/new-ninth-gen-intel-cpus-shield-against-some-spectre-meltdown-variants/138152/
AMD is also affected by them yet they didn't fix them hardware wise with Zen+

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-10-09-at-2.26.43-PM.png (1368x780, 188K)

you probably need that 5 dollars for rice and potatoes for the month

pi zero?

AMD is affected by an incredibly small fraction of spectre based vulnerabilities that won't have hardware fixed on any x86, ARM, SPARC CPU for a long time to come. It is not remotely comparable to the open barn door in intel CPUs. That some of those (not all, and not even the most severe ones) got hardware fixes matters fuck all and in no way makes them more secure than AMD CPUs.

>shield against some
Very minor. Hardware fixes for 2 vulnerabilities out of 40+. Though Meltdown V2 was serious and that's good, still.
If there was really a significantly hardened architecture, we'd see performance differences between the 8000 and 9000 series clock-for-clock and core-for-core.

Attached: cheap-and-durable-electronic-calculators.jpg (614x523, 44K)

yes i want a cpu cooler for my x370 board but i dont know if it will fit. do 40mm fans fit under all motherboard ios?

Just bought a used 1080 ti. What PSU wattage should I get if my GPU powerdraw is ~300W and I want to get a higher end zen 2 chip (3600X / 3700X) to pair with it? Is 750 enough if I want to do overclocking?

based. ignore intel shills, their brand loyalty is beyond belief

NAVI WHEN

Attached: 1410033079546.jpg (720x540, 59K)

750 is more than enough, a solid 550W PSU would be able to handle that without problems

HOLY SHIT those crazy pajeets put a 9900k in a LAPTOP?!!?!?!

Its a mac don't you see its white?

I think you're wording it weird as fuck.
Do you mean to ask if the 40mm fans on your VRM heatsink are going to get in the way of usual cooler clearance?
It's very possible it may. Check your ram height, and see if it's higher than the 40mm coolers. It likely isn't. And check coolers by clearance, as they almost always list RAM clearance.

650 is likely more than enough.
Ryzen so far has been voltage limited by SenseMI so you can't really draw more than 150W or so without sub-ambient cooling. It's likely AMD isn't going to raise that limit as it's there to make it impossible to come close to frying the chips.

It's a misnomer that Ryzen is "voltage limited" by the Vcore/Fmax hitting a wall. Sure, it tapers off, but it's not a wall. IIRC the 2700X can go up to 1.58v stock but only with load on no more than 2 cores and lower load over all. It can also take that voltage until LN2. Theoretically, it could take that voltage on air and get hot but internal regulation from SenseMI won't allow it as voltage leakage increases with temp.

So unless you're using a refrigerant or LN2 to cool, your total system consumption isn't going to go past 500W even with an OC.

... What CPUs do you think Macs use?

Do the needful sirs and wait for navi and ryzen 3000 before buying anything now, regards

Does anyone here use dated GPU drivers with newer titles? Trying to find out the actual impact of using old ass drivers with anything new that comes out as opposed to drivers that include profiles for newer games.

Is g-sync actually worth it? And if it is, will it functional normally with one high refresh rate g sync screen and two other 60hz screens?

Need a GPU for my build
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tHdBKB

Around 800EUR, 850 hard limit. 1440p/144hz screen so i need one that does 1440p with a minimum of 60 fps solid at ultra settings in the most demanding and least optimized titles for the next 4-5 years.

GUYS I GOTTA ORDER THIS SOON IF I WANNA PLAY WITH IT THIS WEEKEND

DOES EVERYTHING LOOK OK

FIRST TIME DOING THIS SHIT IM SCARED

i posted a couple days ago but tl;dr:
- no gpu because im a linux freetard and dont play games that often but if i do i can just throw one in there
- psu seems overkill but if i do get a gpu and stuff it with hds it'll need that according to that one calculator
- mainly doing this setup for the 6-10 hd slots, will have to get a sata card later for more hard drives
- gay rgb settings can be controlled via windows vm

pls give me tips ty

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-17_11-08-35.png (948x813, 112K)

>literally because of 1 psychopath gaslighting troll.
yeah, the retard who changes the OP every chance he gets to only include AMD CPUs, he's the most obvious shill that's been here for months on end unwilling to even mention an intel CPU, and harps on about AMD being secure.

Sad

>8700 non K
>H370 motherboard that can't overclock

it's like you want shit performance locked in for the life of the computer.

Is the same guy that put the 590 for 1440p because of the 8gb of vram?

You bet it is.

no lmfao are you retarded you pay $80-$500 extra for literally nothing

yeah says the retard who changes the OP ever change he gets to include malware CPUs and who removes vega which is generally cheaper lmao.

Some games won't even launch with outdated drivers, m8

vega56 and 1070ti do 1440p@60.
For 5 years? Who the fuck knows dude there is a new console generation coming next year.

>8700 non-k
>giant case with nothing to fill all that empty space

>because 8gb
Stop spreading lies. It's because it was cheap as shit. Stop acting like price doesn't matter and everyone should buy a 2080Ti and nothing else, retards.
Tons of Anons run a 970, 290/X, 980, 580/590, etc, at 1440p without issue for what they play.

Yep. It's the same pajeet shill. He used to namefag but dropped it, but people still know it's him because of his massive amd shilling.

>Some games won't even launch with outdated drivers, m8

Damn, aight. I was looking at the amount of stuff I would be unable to run with AMD 18.5.1 drivers.

>malware CPUs
lmfao

>who removes vega which is generally cheaper lmao.
Yeah because it's older, uses a shit ton of power for the performance, and now that Nvidia has Freesync support, there are few reasons to buy Vega, not to mention half the time you bring up bullshit like buying used cards and undervolting + OCing, as if that's a valid response.

>vega56 and 1070ti do 1440p@60
no, they do 60fps average, not minimum.
>but you only have to turn down some settings
not what i'm looking for. i want 60fps minimum at ultra. theres nothing more jarring than micro stutters. why? because that means i can get way more if i turn off annoying shit i don't like.

also, mass replies are for faggots.

just undervolt, sir

you're for faggots

damn we should have taken 1080ti out of OP when Vega launched since it's older. didn't know that ty friend will keep it in mind when Navi launches

The problem is vega is older AND shittier generally unless you find a great sale and OC it.

>I posted it again xdddd
Kys.

So I have a more unique problem where I need a laptop/want to build one. I can't find any good ones that run AMD. I need something pretty powerful, able to play games wherever and handle alot of multitasking.
I have a laptop right now, but it's getting old and I want to make the full dive into Linux with this new one. I wish I could build a desktop, but I'm too mobile that I would never use it. Even something small like a mini-itx isn't portable enough and too clunky.
I don't want anything with Intel because I don't trust them at all with IME and in general.

but i dont want to overclock lol

Attached: Funny-Drunk-Cat-Image.jpg (2650x1990, 330K)

what's the best GPU I could buy new right now that goes great with a 550w PSU that has only 1 of the 6 pin connectors?

Then you're an idiot.

Base clock of the 8700 is 3.2ghz, base clock of the 8700k is 3.7Ghz

With OCing it can easily hit ~4.5-5Ghz all core depending on the motherboard quality and your cooling.

That's a significant performance increase.

Most GPUs require at least a single 6+2 or 8 pin.

The 1660Ti uses an 8 pin and wont boot with a 6 pin.

The 2060 also requires an 8 pin or 6+2.

So the newest card would be the GTX 1650 which runs off the slot power only, with no PCIe power cable.

6 pin connectors arent used at all by the current GPUs. Same is true for the current AMD cards, the RX 570 and 580 both have 8 pin power connectors. Then the RX 550 has no power connector.

So the tldr; there are no current GPUs that use JUST a 6 pin power cable.

wait ok this is good stuff thank you

I won't use the full performance of the CPU nearly as much, like I said I rarely play games. I just want it for compiling things and transcoding video, and for it ideally to last as long as possible. But most of the time not going to be maxed out HNNGRNGing. I'll probably delegate 2 of the cores right off the bad to my windows vm, but I just use that for tools I can't use on linux and other shit, either way

Should I look into a cheaper CPU or get the K and learn about overclocking?

Attached: 1553600617180.jpg (460x460, 41K)

Wow, that's some hyper gay hybrid of reddit spacing

>but i dont want to overclock lol
>- no gpu because im a linux freetard and dont play games that often but if i do i can just throw one in there
>- psu seems overkill but if i do get a gpu and stuff it with hds it'll need that according to that one calculator
>- mainly doing this setup for the 6-10 hd slots, will have to get a sata card later for more hard drives
2400G.
Freezer 33 cooler.
mATX NAS case. There are some with 12 3.5" bays.
if you really need more CPU, why don't you get a 2700X and buy a used $20 GPU...?
Like a GTX 750 or R7 260. Or Radeon 460 or 560 if you want something more modern.

Even 100W 1660Tis have 8 pins for some reason. I dunno. 6 pin seems to have just disappeared for some reason.
It's like GPU manufacturers don't want to stock the connectors anymore when they can buy all 8 pins in bulk lmao.
You could check if the last 2 pins are even used on a particular card (for a lot of 470 and 480s they weren't. Usually it's ground) and just plug the 6pin in anyway.

There are 6 pin 1050Tis but they are GARBAGE and for the price you could get a 570+new PSU. You could wait for the 1650.

then get AMD, no point spending your money on an intel CPU if you're not doing anything that actually needs the power.

AMD has more cores for less $$, far better for VMs and transcoding shit.

grrrrrrrrrrr... RHOO RHOO RHOO RHOO!

Attached: 15184-Mongrel-bitch-staring-through-a-fence.jpg (1402x935, 360K)

yeah this in no fucking way was supposed to go here. fuck im retarded.

relevant to poorfags

youtube.com/watch?v=7EnRjlsvJ3Y

I have a R5 1600 that I want to upgrade. I moved over to 144hz 1080p and it can't really keep up.

I was thinking of getting a 9700K, but would now be a bad time with Zen 2 on the horizon? I don't know much about it, but I honestly don't care for my current Ryzen all that much.

Attached: 4de19e6.jpg (1137x640, 88K)

>already have am4 mobo
>thinking of swapping to intel
>even tho zen2 is coming this summer
god damn just fucking update UEFI and wait for zen2 to at least see if it's good or not before you do anything you fucking retard

Zen 2 COULD potentially be as good as, or slightly better than the 9th gen intels

BUT for gaming it's no guarantee at the moment. You wont know until it's basically out.

9th gen intel you can buy today and know it'll be good enough for your needs.

What makes a web browser faster?
Faster CPU
Faster GPU (HW accel)
Faster storage

>already have am4 mobo
Dude, a Zen 2 is going to run like fucking trash on my B350. I'm going to have to swap mobo regardless.

Why did you choose such a shit board?