* laughs at you *

>he doesn't use the acme(1) editor to post on Jow Forums
Imagine being you lol

Attached: acme(1)_4chan.jpg (515x303, 60K)

i bet ur an abaco fag

Sorry, but I don't tend to browse the web. I made an exception this time so you could know just how inferior to me you are.

except we laugh at you for using that trash

Cool, post the post script

How do you fill in the cachpta?

wow you superior
such accomplish
wow

Same way I filled up your mom

acme is an oberon rip off

lol

Try using Oberon.

this is bait

in a vm
bluebottle is easier to get going and has oberon with gadgets built in.
mouse heave os

would be decent if Jow Forums wasn't an IMAGEboard

OK. Now try to do any actual work in it.

How so?

Plan 9 is worse than snake oil. Plan 9 was created to make distributed computing look like snake oil. Like UNIX compared to Multics, it arrived years after working distributed computing protocols and is still worse. AT&T's "research" is inferior to what was already on the market and will always be, no matter how much time and money is put into it. It's "research" that results in an inferior OS, increases costs on every single level, decreases productivity, replaces simple solutions with complex problems (sometimes so complex that nobody believes they can be solved), makes things worse for users, and prevents real researchers from doing what works because of "compatibility" with horrible interfaces. UNIX and Plan 9 are anti-research that shit on 60 years of computer science. That's why UNIX technology like Plan 9, BSD, and Linux in 2019 is worse than what Multics did in the 60s. Plan 9 uses "tar" to copy directory hierarchies not for any "philosophical" reasons, but because the version of UNIX it was based on didn't have "cp -r" and they were not capable of adding it. It doesn't have dynamic linking because they weren't smart enough to copy Multics or another mainframe system that does it properly. It still has the same bc calculator and all that other UNIX bullshit. What sucks is when Plan 9 weenies point to something that UNIX does wrong and blame the entire thing itself instead of the broken UNIX implementation.

That's a bad pasta

Nice pasta.

>glenda
havent got auth figured out yet mmm

Shut.

okay hostowner

hey plan 9 hows that gpl code

feel free man *snickers* *kit-kat*

Based and truthpilled
>implying you can do anything in acme other than jerking off to your Cnile "minimalism"

I can code, post on Jow Forums, read and reply to mail, run a shell, run scripts, and write documents.

Emacs can do that and much more, and far better at that

Goalposts: moved.
You said:
>>implying you can do anything in acme other than jerking off to your Cnile "minimalism".

But I'll bite. I don't need Emacs. I don't need a lisp machine masquerading as an editor.

>lisp machine
God I fucking wish. Emacs still doesn't even hold a candle to an actual one.

Attached: 1548048214692.png (222x211, 3K)

I think overall I'm thankful that Jow Forums seems to have lost its knowledge of and fascination with Plan 9, but sometimes I feel sad for the Jow Forumseneration growing up now on this board that doesn't realize that Plan 9 software is one of the few things that Jow Forums can actually be said to have made into a successful project.

I'm OP, but fuck it. Redpill me on lisp machines. What can they do?

>What can they do?
charge you $200,000 to natively run lisp slower than a $2,000 toaster with a decent interpreter circa 1989

remember when they were going to ship ARM CPUs that could natively execute Java bytecode too

Due to the power of Lisp and complete integration, you had absolute power over the system at any point. For example, if there was any fault, you could pull out the editor on the function that ate shit, fix it and rerun it from that point. That applied to literally every single program. It was the epitome of development environments.
The hardware permitted Lisp to pull out its true power. I'd say that the hardware isn't that important nowadays unless you're looking to extract every bit of power out of the system
Technology has advanced. Nowadays, someone could come up with one that ran on a cheap FPGA.

You're not OP.

>>Technology has advanced. Nowadays, someone could come up with one that ran on a cheap FPGA.
even in the '90s Symbolics would sell you a 3600 for pennies just to get rid of the fucking boat anchors after they moved to Macs and AlphaStations

>Technology has advanced.
Yeah...

>Plan 9 uses "tar" to copy directory hierarchies not for any "philosophical" reasons, but because the version of UNIX it was based on didn't have "cp -r" and they were not capable of adding it.
I was going to refute the rest of your post because it's bullshit, but this shit is so retarded that I'll just let it stand. It's just straight brain damage.

it's still like that in 9front and probably won't change either

Oof!

Attached: plan_nanachi.png (936x526, 186K)

absolutely demolished

Yeah, that's kind of how Emacs works. You could even use it as init and hook it into the kernel if you were especially mad.