This shit is fucking cancer and it needs to die. Fuck Zoomers who use this shit...

This shit is fucking cancer and it needs to die. Fuck Zoomers who use this shit. They don't give a fuck if you are running a machine with 8GB of RAM. Your shitty app doesn't deserve to use over 1GB of my RAM. If you can't code desktop apps, don't fucking code desktop apps. Don't code a web app disguised as a desktop app that uses the same resource hogging functions as Google Chrome. Fuck you.

Attached: electron.png (1200x648, 60K)

But we need to save money by hiring the cheapest devs possible! How else will we afford to give away our botnet data mining programs for free?

react/node webdev here
electron is shit and should die

>board that can‘t optimize babby interview snippets for complexity
>reeeing about resource usage
Be the change you want to see in the world, pajeets.

Attached: B17F631C-75CC-49EA-8EA1-91BA06E01653.jpg (1920x1541, 126K)

I agree but you need to come up with an alternative that is truly cross platform, has an extensive library, is reasonably fast, easy to make flexible GUIs in and easy to write. Until then, expect Electron to grow in popularity

Qt Quick already exists, it even supports writing UIs in javascript

here's a functioning finished app i wrote in electron because i wanted something on the desktop but cba to write anything native
i'm unironically sorry if your shit computer can't afford to spare whole sixty megabytes of ram, life must be hard for you

Attached: 04QwxSVc.png (517x124, 3K)

>sixty megabytes
>all those processes = about 130MB

Your shitty fucking Hello World app doesn't even deserve 13MB of my ram let alone 130MB

Fuck off

first line is the sum of the rest of them, brainlet
imagine ricing your emacs config for decades while being unable to understand something so simple

this
if you're going to make a web app, make a fucking WEB app, so I can use 3 web apps in one browser instance instead of three

It's still not worth 61MB of RAM for your shitty app.

Also
>unironically using Windows 10
kys

>seething
maybe one day you'll grow up and finally do something productive with your computer, user :^)

nobody cares about your obsolete qt and c++. nobody know this legacy techonologies.

vs code began as editor for web. it's only natural to let people who write js also write extensions for vs code.

Gtk for cross platform sucks , Qt lacks a few features and html and css are fully customise able. People would not use it if something else around was better. qbrt is an alternative to electron that has a smaller ram footprint.

PHP Chad here, you should die too

Attached: 1555024155252.png (1318x1333, 679K)

>they don't deserve that I use their software for free

Attached: 1548341661792.jpg (645x729, 99K)

Web """""""""""""devs""""""""""""""" should die as a whole along with their fucking """"""""full stack"""""""

any dev > nocoder filth like you, lol
t. sysadmin

It's not a fundamentally bad idea, but the implementation was haphazardly thrown together and is shit. I could live with the minimum 400 MB RAM use no matter how small/simple the app is (even though it gets quite annoying when you need 6 of these apps running), but I'm not so much a fan of the cold start times, the non-optional deep sleep that takes even longer to wake up from, and the baked-in delay that comes with every single input.

>I could live with the minimum 400 MB RAM use
"look i posted it again"

Y'all need some wxWidgets in your life

You'll see I said in my post that it supports javascript.

>c++ is obsolete

What do you suppose electron is written in?

all you need is win32 (or winform :^)
no need for electron trash

The only thing that can top Electron is cross-platform Apps is .NET-Core in its future versions but then you fucking retards will cry about

>MUH C# FUCKING MICROSHIT I WONT FUCKING TOUCH THIS YOU FUCKING PAJEET

Its literally impossible to please you all.

Attached: 235252523525.jpg (590x393, 103K)

>Download Atom
>Jesus christ, it's 143 MB large. how is that actually possible? does every package have the complete language library in it or something?
>instal Atom
>holy fuck it's still not done. holy fuck it's STILL NOT DONE. 5 fucking minutes
>ctrl + shift + escape
>360 MB
>without opening a single text file
So where is the one that isn't?

electron =/= atom, user
electron is a framework, atom is a shitty text editor written using it
its really not that hard to figure out
also, speaking of editors, try vscode

>comparing a text editor to a framework
GNU-males really are this stupid

A simple text editor is pretty much the lightest possible thing that you can make in Electron. I'd be open to the idea that Atom is simply poorly made and that there are perfectly good examples of things made that don't have these problems.

But I have never found one.
>Visual Studio Code. CPU 0%, RAM 320MB

(It's cute that VS Code reduces its download footprint to 45 MB then expands it up to 204 in the install process, though)

Now to get this garbage off of my computer.

Are you autistic? I develop in C++ mainly, but have done some real projects on electron.js that sold for $10k+

Electron is good for shitty stuff you need to do quickly for dumb-ass companies

C++ with wxWidgets or Qt is good for real efficient projects. Neither are obsolete.

Also nodeJS is good for multi-threading and not to mention if you know what you're doing you're actually going to do a good job and people won't notice.

Attached: 1550654710926.png (1000x432, 165K)

>A simple text editor is pretty much the lightest possible thing that you can make in Electron.
atom is anything but a simple text editor, user
also it's definitely poorly made: for example its directory/file tree sidebar thing deals with git status synchronously and you can't turn it off (without hacking on the source) so if file access latency is non-zero, i.e. on a sshfs, the whole editor becomes a literal slideshow
electron is alright tho, for what it is
>vscode
>muh 300 megabytes of ram
worth every byte

>php
>chad
get back to work you dumb boomer.

Attached: file.png (707x502, 526K)

t. bitter incel

Attached: virgin_javascript_chad_php.png (2518x1024, 405K)

It is not as widespread as you might think it is. You can happily live without it. It won't die until there will be a better tool for rapidly developing cross-platform applications and GUIs.

You can just choose to not use it desu