Galaxy Fold Breaks After 1 Day

OH NO NO NO

Attached: galaxy fold.jpg (397x253, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/stevekovach/status/1118571414934753280
twitter.com/markgurman/status/1118574467255418880
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Different reviewer, also broken after 1 day

twitter.com/stevekovach/status/1118571414934753280

Attached: D4X4kWTW4AUniv5[1].jpg (1200x900, 258K)

Third reviewer, also broken.

Attached: D4X5i57VUAABaLk[1].jpg (1200x1102, 363K)

"I recognize that bulge"

Attached: dbohn_190416_3377_0007[1].jpg (800x533, 51K)

Attached: D4X7XETU4AMV1FH[1].jpg (768x1024, 91K)

Please respond

SAMSHITS BTFO

Attached: 1553026800670.png (1100x644, 89K)

They all seem to have broken within minutes of each other

Attached: 1294436354922.png (468x494, 31K)

lmfao how does this even happen? Samsung really cannot into product testing?

Samsung cannot design shot for normal people
>chad american has a gallon or two of milk in the fridge
>the virgin Korean has a Samsung fridge fit a gallon barely, eventually breaks after taking it out.

It's a prototype they just decided to sell it so they can claim they were first to market a foldable touch screen phone

Same reason the Samsung F700 existed
Same reason the HTC EVO 4G existed

A few years down the line fanboys on Jow Forums will say Samsung had the first foldable phone and everyone else copied them. Being shit and unusable will be forgotten.

Once you realize how these corrupt Korean family corporations operate, you will understand why Samsung can never do anything except copy other succesful brands.

Let's make the screen so it folds. What could go wrong?

Attached: 1532021825540.png (207x243, 15K)

>phones are known for excellent mechanical designs.

Will the Huawei Mate X be as fragile or have the chinks finally surpass gooks in tech?

Attached: tim dance.webm (384x384, 281K)

because no other phone in history has ever broken after just one day of use

>All those retards removing layers after layers of plastic screen cover until it breaks
Why do they give $2000 phones away to retards? Though if samsung didn't, retards would buy it, do the same and start a lawsuit.

>Why do they give $2000 phones away to retards?
Do you really think that most of the consumers aren't retards? This shit is bad no matter how hard you're trying to shill.

Baste and salsapilled.

>buying new technology at launch
A fool and his money are easily parted

>samshit releasing broken shit on release
What do you expect from a company that released a weapon for terrorists?

SAMSHITS BTFO

Attached: 1554502569476.gif (500x281, 1.63M)

>nothing in the box tells you to keep it on
>it's just a regular protective film, not flush as it should be and easy to remove
This is a consumer product, not some beta version of the phone. Pathetic.

Why don't they just make an axon m with less bezel? I'd buy that

>Screen folds outward
Sounds like an even worse phone

Only one guy did that

The others didn't do anything, it just broke

Murphy's law should absolutely be taken into consideration for a consumer product design.
If some mouthbreather can use your product wrong and cause irreversible damage, then they'll try to find any way to blame you.

> Excellent mechanical designs

Oh yeah, the revolutionary design of screen with button. The Nintendo DS was more impressive that this shit

Clearly the display layers aren't sealed well enough. Dirt is getting in and creating a bump. When you fold the display that bump starts pushing the layers apart.

4 different tech reviewers had their screens broken within two days, man

I'm pretty sure his greentext implied a form of irony or sarcasm

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: Screenshot_20190417-180032_Firefox.jpg (1197x722, 292K)

Out of?

At least 2 out of 4 did, the other 2 didn't clarify.
Not even shilling the samshit, I'm rooting for chinks. And I totally expect people to be retards and clarified that in the very same post. Though I don't get why do they pick retards as reviewers instead of doing internal testing with retards who won't ruin their image.
This is fucking crazy. Just like 5 years ago there were lots of phones with plastic screen, glass phone screens weren't even a thing 10 years ago. And any sane person should expect a flexible screen cover on a flipping screen, that's common sense. The nigger even started to peel the display off after removing the outer layer, that's beyond me. Samsung should bend the cover layer's edges inside I guess.

thats design flaw, if its that easy to just peel off, then its gonna do that on its own, or something could get there and do it too.

I think the reason people tried to remove that layer is because they have forgotten what it's like to have a plastic touch screen

They thought it must have felt awful because of a protector so they tried to remove it, not realizing this is what the folding screen is supposed to feel like

I still remember the god awful Nokia N97

Attached: 1520878671687.jpg (655x578, 119K)

Attached: nakedbanana.png (516x526, 257K)

they are both shit.
there is now a patent by maybe LG, where they actually heat the screen to make the fold 'disappear'...

imo just wait

It folds the other way so it shouldn't be as fragile because of larger bend radius. It will still have a noticeable bump, but the design isn't as hopeless as samsung's.

How old are you? How can a curve of >5mm radius be more destructive than a fucking crease?

they are just folding it wrong.

Folding outwards means the crease area is far less concentrated and is creasing at a much less significant degree compared to the surface area. That will drastically improve the crease damage potential.

However the constantly exposed screen combined with plastic instead of glass will make it super vulnerable to other damage instead like impact.

I would take fragile phone you shouldn't drop over the one that dies in 1 day from normal usage anytime.

Kek, i recognize the reference.

A design that combines the inevitable break down of moving parts with the fragility of an LCD screen. Imagine my shock that these devices are breaking so quickly.

BLACKED

>buying a 1st gen device
>ever

I didn't even start buying OnePlus until the 3T.

Attached: 1555252999940.png (1456x1108, 67K)

It uses AMOLED. And the breaks have nothing to do with the moving parts, people are literally confusing the plastic screen for a removable protector.

>so many hand picked review samples breaking at nearly the same time after not even a day of use is fine cause it's 1st gen
Tell me one time in the last 20 years something like that has happened. Oh yeah right it never has.

Attached: 1554938255155.jpg (700x700, 209K)

fucking apple and their bend gate
apple and their stupid dongles
apple slowing down iphones

apple is worst, at least the android manufacturers are innovating

Nice going shill exposing yourself as a shill and a retard all at the same time.

Attached: thowonk.png (500x500, 30K)

nobody bought one. they were all sent to reviewers for free.
dumbass.

>2019
>Early adopters find out yet again they are just paying to be beta testers
why dose this keep happening?

Im with Huawei just cause in folded mode the Samsung is too narrow basically unusable like whats the fucking point just get a tablet
Huawei one looks like both a phone and a tablet in one

They have money to burn
I wish I knew how that felt
But then again I would have to be a brainwashed npc kept on a leash by the jews so being an eastern european shitter like me is better overall

look at all that burger grease

>design device that requires a tiny bit of care and common sense not to break
>retarded burgers break it instantly

Retards being physically capable of ripping your product apart isnt a flaw
I can curb stomp by phone into dust, that doesnt mean it had a design flaw since its so weak

>Accessibility

Any official pronouncement yet?

Attached: 1512874919637.png (525x462, 442K)

>Nigger breaks things
Color me surprised

now make way for the true king

Attached: 105756641-155096458403.jpg (530x298, 16K)

There is literally a gap between the screen protecting film and the OLED when you bend the phone. get any sort of imperfection between there and the OLED is done.

pic related.

Attached: dat gap.jpg (1600x1067, 190K)

Yeah there isn't any stupid gap when you bend the mate x. They properly seal the OLED.

Jesus how did samsung even ship the fold like this? they said they were designing this for 8 years? someone is lying.

SHORT IT

>boo hoo Apple is always behind boo hoo hoo
Have any of you noticed that every time samshit tries something new, it sucks ass and Apple comes out better in the end, anyway? At least hardware wise. Even with their lack of gimmicky features, at least most of what they release works.

Attached: 4201E783-624B-4791-8B3A-A097CC4C9C97.jpg (1024x572, 79K)

By the way, I know that’s not exactly what this thread was about. I’m just saying, this is just another one of the many examples of this scenario

>Retards remove piece of plastic attached to screen
>WTF WHY DID IT BROKE!?

Attached: retard.png (587x663, 508K)

>still breaks when people don't remove it
Stupid goy

>I believe this contributed to the problem
I hope he’s being sarcastic

Attached: E56B5AA4-99A6-4DF4-9B28-D8B6A85C8A85.jpg (960x960, 97K)

Yes we've all heard the venerable "I've never dropped anything because I'm 2000 IQ and not human" shit on Jow Forums a million times, you're not impressing anyone.

6 break reports, 2 removed the protector. Go resign from your Samshit shill job, you suck at it.

Jesus Christ. Was this thing being released the result of someone losing a bet?

Attached: 5DFCBAA0-6A69-41A6-A9C6-2FB62C457732.gif (500x281, 994K)

This is just amazingly bad designed.

Just one little grain of coarse dirt in your pocket slips in there when you've got your phone away, you bring it out and open it and that plastic protector comes down and sandwiches that dirt right against a completely bare exposed OLED panel. Scratched to shit instantly, or the pressure is just right enough to press like a pin and crack it entirely.

I honestly want to see how this goes in the long run even if the folding issues are fixed.

People have spend the better part of a decade becoming completely acclimated to every phone they own having some high grade gorilla glass that makes their screens so rugged that it's not even possible for their car keys or even razor blades to scratch it, and now they all have this plastic covered phone.

These things are going to be obliterated so fucking bad.

>samsung releases foldable phone
>literally all of them break
>apple releases foldable phone
>most of them don't break
SAMSUNG HAD IT FIRST

Did no one test this shit?

>technigger
>can't handle tech
he fucked up a tesla, a couple of phones and now the samshit foldable crap.
Besides being rich, having a dad with political connections, being able to play the race card in this fucking stupid times, technegro is the least tech savvy person on the earth I would give any kind of gadget to review.

also What if the dirt gets jammed and than it has too much dirt or even a piercing the lithium and then it just to explodes ^^ ですね (´・ω・`)

Theres not much outcry because samshitters are already used to their phones breaking within 6 months anyway.

If guys who review shit for a living have this phone break on them, the general retarded public is gonna break it so hard.

also proves how retarded are reviewers in general and why you should never give them views.

Ni hao korean bot

lol no, fuck samsung for doing something so fucking stupid. But still, reviewers can't go around "I pulled the plastic and it died", "lol I didn't read the huge fucking lettering saying don't pull the fucking plastic".
Stupid fucks. Too bad they didn't pay for those phones.

Even then, as it is the phone is completely useless for the consumer. Consumers are dumb, and a well designed product assumes so.

>1st gen lads, nothing to worry about
Imagine believing your own delusions Samsung.

There exists no technology on the market that didn't suck ass in its first iteration. Why are you belligerently denying that reality? And why are you so emotionally invested in this product failing?

Unironically get some fucking pussy you loser.

yeah, but having people that actually making a living from doing tech reviews, making the same or worse dumb shit mistakes as any random normie it's embarrassing.
A good reviewer would go around, talk about all the fuck ups from samsung and later just fuck the phone up letting some pocket lint or some shit get into the gap and showing how it would die in normal conditions even if you didn't took the film off.
Samsung is guilty as charge because the design was bogus from the get go, but all this idiots hyping a 2000 dollar phone are no innocent by standers.
Again, I would love that those idiots had payed for those units, too bad they get shit for free.

read that shit elsewhere, people saying that or worse people trying to push the whole innovation/first gen bullshit is sad.

Ofcourse, you are right.
We wouldn't have come this far by trial and error.
It just irks me man, foldable phones?

I just said it because the whole foldable phone concept. I'm intrigued yet find it bothersome that this is the direction phones may be headed.
Sure, tablets kind of flopped and are good for reading, comfy netflix, etc.

I don't think it's completely a bad idea, but we are way too fucking far to get something that isn't crap.
And I'm ok with trial and error, but not with money you got by selling faulty shit you knew it would die after a day. That's why I think people defending that should be shot, excusing a mega corp to rob people is not something to be proud of. Same goes for your average Apple faggot, which have more experience on that area.

Why do people want foldable tablet phones?

they don't. Samsung and all these faggots where pushing hard for that and now you can see a lot of dead phones. Normies will associate this to the exploding batteries, Samsung stock will take a dive.

>release gimmick phone
>gimmick doesn't work
literally how?

they rushed it to market so they could beat huawei to the punch

seething

>multi billion dollar corporation
>not once in the design meetings did anyone bring up that having a critical piece of the design look and feel like a screen protector is a terrible idea