Why yes, I am a Java programmer. How could you tell?

>Why yes, I am a Java programmer. How could you tell?

Attached: 1551745922826.jpg (831x1024, 68K)

Serious question in a shitposting thread: what are the advantages of Java over C#?
I'm a .NET developer and i want to invest into my future.. What do you recommend learning?

Attached: 28276ee.jpg (640x531, 40K)

the value of friendship

Kek this.
Also, you will get more money and bigger job prospects with java. These faggots bitch about it all the time. They aren't the ones earning £90k a year.

>H..Ha..Haha oh man chad y-you are s-such a codemonkey how about l..learning a real language?

Attached: hairstyles-for-recessed-chin-lovely-hairstyles-big-nose-and-weak-chin-hair-of-hairstyles-for-recesse (450x300, 13K)

the JVM and the eco system and libraries. It's much more richer than .NET. However C# is a better language than Java. Kotlin is comparable,

There isn't much of a difference between the languages, the application is what sets them apart.

Java's strongest applications is big data and enterprise backend applications not on the MS stack. C# fills the enterprise backend role for the MS stack.

Like any programming language, you can't just 'choose' one then assume it'll be your default language. You have to follow the opportunities that come your way.

That exaplins why he has brain cancer.

because it looks like you have Java-induced cancer.

i could tell by the brain tumor you have and the chemotherapy you are undergoing

Learn both and then once you get hired, stick to the one you learned. Worked for me.

There's plenty of market for both. Though personally I find Java unpleasant and am glad I got a C# job.

some java-only libs. It is not worth it though.

Recent development.

Attached: 1540960764945.jpg (3000x1688, 461K)

Learn Go or Python. I've been a developer for over 15 years. Go is a game changer. Python has more machine learning and data manipulation libraries than anything else.

Attached: images.png (225x225, 5K)

FTFY

Attached: javajabbapun1.jpg (259x194, 11K)

What did Go change besides the ordering of name and type in declarations?

>Why yes, I am a Java programmer. How could you tell?
ganged forefront, sir.

Bot are the same new class class new class new new class class

>I could tell by the faggy buzzcut beard. Anyway, I'll have a copy of Visual Studio Enterprise, please.

Attached: 1546185592909.jpg (462x623, 53K)

The fact that you can't be clever with Go, but not hit limits makes code collaboration infinitely more easy than previous languages.

>doing ML in Java for work

Attached: 1528731767317.jpg (593x593, 125K)

>Program in JS
150 Lines of code
>Same program in C++
250 Lines of code
>Same program in Java
670 Lines

Anyway, java is the one who pay the more.

>Not using Scala

If you know C# time to do some C++ learning after that you can learn w/e

Go is garbage.

>Same program in Python
10 Lines

JVM offers more even for electronics, backend servers and all whiteout worrying about licenses like microshit can pull off.

Machine learning libraries for python like dlib are just wrappers for code written in C/C++.

C# is a slightly nicer language but the Java ecosystem is much, much larger. This may slowly change because of .NET core but at the moment it's not close. If you want a better language on the JVM there are plenty of options anyways.

There are tons of jobs in both though and that's not going to change in our lifetimes.

Sorry to interrupt guys, a quick question:
Can I use MBR on a M.2 disk or do I HAVE to use GPT?

Want to get a M.2 but want to be sure I can still use TrueCrypt.

Attached: question2.jpg (500x500, 109K)

Yes but not many data scientists program in C/C++. Python is what we work in.

Python servers generally call C code for performance.
The conversation between Python-land and C-land is nontrivial, especially if you're writing software that runs on heterogenous (read: commodity) hardware.
A Go application can just be written in Go and be fast enough for a server. No FFI nonsense.
PyPy could also maybe solve this problem, but for some reason, it hasn't been very widely adopted. I don't actually know why it hasn't.

Because I am your brother, El Hermano. You are doing a good job with Java.

Attached: jiren.jpg (600x480, 24K)

Exactly. You get the speed of C/C++ for the heavy lifting, but without all the bullshit of C++

but how many chars?
I feel like Java could be good if you OOP properly.
Just interface that, override this, badabing-badaboom and you're done.

>I don't actually know why it hasn't.

Because it's not actually much faster than the primary Python implementation for most things. Languages that are as dynamic as Python will never be acceptably fast or memory efficient. It's actually pathetic how slow they are considering non of their primary data structures are even thread safe.

>Go is a game changer
How can I tell that you do not know any statically typed language outside of OOP shit

>150 lines of undefined is not a function
>250 lines of unhandled paths
>670 lines of null reference exceptions
>probably could've been done with 80-120 lines of a any ML-derived language

C# don't need many libraries because it has one the best ML.net

ML.net is still a toy and is years behind the big boys.

Java is worse than nigger tier

I wish there weren't so many fucking Indians in the Java ecosystem. There's way too many fucking Sir Do The Needful This Eye-tration fucks that I have to deal with. Ugh I hate them so much. But desu there's Indians in every sector of tech.

Attached: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (600x450, 78K)

Clojure and Go

You can't do OOP properly,
It's an unnecessary abstraction which doesn't fix the problem it claims to.

>same program in lisp
1 line

You can't but i hate oop and prefer functional programming

>i hate oop and prefer functional programming
That and "Go is a game changer" don't go together.

There's indians in Java because that's what the teach them in schools.

at least it has functions as first class values, allowing for higher order functions. Lack of generics means it sucks for generic operations like map and fold though

It doesn't matter much what the advantages are. Just have a working knowledge of whatever shit companies want and get money.

Attached: B7EB8B38-1721-452E-9A2C-BE1D27971814.jpg (320x294, 25K)

He looks like a Spitter from L4D2

No match for Java Supreme Overlord Mr. Nagooooooor Baboooooo

Yeah and there's a reason for that. Try actually doing ML in C. Sure actually running computations is fine, but dealing with datasets and batching would be a nightmare.

Anyway, python is the shit for DS/ML/DL right now but that will change in a few years. Swift for Tensorflow is going to shake things up big time. Still 2-3 years off from being viable though.

>respected tech companies are international
>expects not to have people who make up 1/7 of the world's population on his team