Boomer Tech that needs to come back

I wish Apple would re-release the iPod Classic and the click wheel again. It's nice to have a dedicated music player without notifications interrupting it all the time.

Also bring back 2007 era iTunes too. Modern iTunes is the worst app in existence.

Attached: ipodclassic.jpg (267x355, 11K)

that 160gb storage size really came in clutch on those long road trips

4"-4.7" phones

They won't. Storage costs them money. Cloud / streaming makes money.

>It's nice to have a dedicated music player without notifications all the time
Just set your phone to do not disturb? Or not be a sperg?

dumb phones, more specifically flip phones, more specifically the motorola razr

Attached: razr.jpg (1200x750, 113K)

I'd rather not carry a fucking device that can track me.

Can't argue with that. Well there are devices like that too. I think there are chinky iPod clones that use SD cards. I don't know why you would want something Apple.

Never had an ipod, I used (and still use) my flip phone for music. Also for mp3 had a portable mp3 + cd player that would be able to play mp3 files off burned discs. That + car tape deck adapter was all we really needed.

>Also bring back 2007 era iTunes too. Modern iTunes is the worst app in existence.
It's apparently coming for the next OS release, an app just for music and podcasts

UMPCs

>It's battery lasts longer than my phones
>160GB storage
>no wireless communication that adds noise
>with rockbox you can even play FLAC and have a great UI
>you can play doom on it (for max boomercore)
It's great, one of the few entertainment technology purchases I don't regret. Never used the whole 160gb though.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2100x1181, 167K)

agree, bought a tiny sandisk mp3 player and im loving it

but mp3 players still exist, they're just not manufactured by crapple

You don't need rockbox to play ALACs, for reference. I've had nothing but issues with rockbox, since it doesn't support the ipod accessories or the deep sleep mode.

>ALAC
Had to google that, never heard of it before, I suppose its an alternative if you like to convert them yourself. If you have issues with some accessoires you can just switch to the original firmware since it supports dual boot per default. UI is a big + for me since I like a folder layout for my music archive instead of the standard album slideshow.

I wanna play doom now.

Dig up your old ipod classic and mod it, its pretty common practice and there are vids online showing you how to do it. I’ve got 1TB of sd storage an expanded battery on mine!

I’m almost botnet free

Who the fuck listens to the Killers holy shit OP come to /mu/ and get some taste
>no wireless communication that adds noise
Do you know how retarded that sounds holy shit, why not buy those tube music players you idiot

Attached: 1383244694154.png (175x93, 3K)

Attached: 1537782988601.jpg (2048x1536, 789K)

Just get something like a Fiio X1. That's what I'm using now and I love it.

It's not and I'm not even an audiophile. You can notice it more on cheaper earplugs that don't have a low imepdance. That said, you're probably fine as long as you don't use W-LAN while using it.

fuck yes that would be awesome

>Also bring back 2007 era iTunes too

You can easily install the older version of iTunes, it works just as well as it did. Minus is that older versions don't really like to connect to the iTunes Store.