Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: godiwishthatwereme.jpg (1280x1169, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Logitech-Analog-Stereo-Headset-Microphone/dp/B00WGQNJK4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=headset for android logitech&qid=1555538021&s=gateway&sr=8-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes, as long as they're network+ and up

I have a question about an issue I havent been able to fix that someone may have a suggestion for.

Amazon Prime Video on a web browser consistently desyncs audio while watching until I pause and unpause and then it just starts to slowly desyncs again, I have tried 2 different browsers and it doesn't happen on a phone or tablet, is there something I can do? Or is their browser viewer just trash?

Whats with the gay op images?

Anyway, I have an Archer T9E and it's working great except sometimes when I leave my PC on overnight it stops working. I can't find networks as if the device itself broke. But when I reinstall the hardware it works fine until this happens again. Should I just get a new one or is it my pc? Are there better adapters out there?

Probably retarded question here:
Any tips on Steganography?
How do i correctly parse the bits in a jpg?
Cause i tried ( used c ), but im apparently too retarded, cause i cannot print the buffer that holds all the file ( i manged that, yes, i am happy about that, yes, i am that pathetic ).
I m stuck there, i can't see what's inside it..

Homosexuality is part and parcel of White Western civilization. If you disagree then feel free to fuck off to your dirty shitskin mudslime shithole.

If i have a router connected to a modem via bridge, does the modem still have it's own default gateway? and does my router have to send the info to that default gateway to get to the internet?

Why do credit cards have an expiration date?

I've installed an m.2 SSD, but it's not showing up in the disk manager. I understand that i'll have to get my BIOS to recognise it, but i'm not sure what setting i should be looking for exactly. I know that it depends from motherboard to motherboard, but what's the general gist?

Any software that will pause a song and hold that sound when paused?
Trying to transcribe a song, would definitely help if I can hear a paused segment for a while, especially with a lot of 16th notes.

Newegg sold me a tray processor, even though the product page showed a blue Intel box and listed a 3 year warranty.
Any chance I can get them to refund me?

So i'm using Youtube-dl to download a Youtube video with subtitles.
youtube-dl.exe --write-sub --sub-lang en --convert-subtitles srt --embed-subs (Youtube link)

It worked, and I have an .mkv file. Now this might be pretty stupid, but is there any way to turn it into an mp4 file? Or generate an mp4 file with the subs embedded?

Attached: 1428551867042.jpg (677x782, 120K)

mkv and mp4 are just different containers around the same video data.
it's easy in ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -i youtube.mkv -codec copy youtube.mp4

Sage and hide

I need to reinstall my audio driver by all those websites have .exe with different sizes one more suspicious than the other

Attached: weird.jpg (727x642, 110K)

I tried this but all I got was an empty mp4 file.
It's worth mentioning my .mkv file has the subtitles embedded into them

It's seems the time has come for me to need a VPN. Does anyone here have recommendations?

Attached: file.png (2560x1080, 138K)

Could anyone explain why enabling a VPN prevents me from connecting to hostnames on my local network? I can connect to the ip corresponding to the hostname while on the VPN, but when I use the hostname it doesn't recognise it.

Can I use MBR on a M.2 disk or do I HAVE to use GPT?

Want to get a M.2 but want to be sure I can still use TrueCrypt.

Attached: ratings mean nothing.jpg (636x476, 59K)

mullvad. who is restricting you?

Tip: If you can't find the VPN service you want you can always find a VPS service and, by doing some work and following guides, set it up with OpenVPN so you get a VPN in the country of your choice. This might give you a much better connection compared to the crowded VPN services.

Attached: saul goodman.jpg (560x411, 60K)

>Can I use MBR on a M.2 disk
no, I don't think so
>TrueCrypt
I think VeraCrypt has support for encrypted Windows GPT, TrueCrypt is dead.

TrueCrypt 7.1a works perfectly and is what I trust the most.

Btw I just read someone saying that a 64-bit Windows will not start from a UEFI motherboard if the disk is formatted with MBR. Anyone know if that is true? Sounds crazy.

>no, I don't think so
he doesn't know so the question in is still open. really hope M.2 works with MBR, regular SSD do work with MBR so I hope M.2 does too

Attached: georgehealth.jpg (500x375, 56K)

>mkv and mp4 are just different containers around the same video data
>-codec copy
mkv supports a lot more formats, mp4 only supports the MPEG stuff. If it contains anything else, he has to re-encode into something like H.264 and AAC.
try
ffmpeg -i -c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 22 -c:a libfdk_aac -b:a 128k -c:s mov_text

Everything I can find says booting an NVMe device is UEFI only. Update your dead software, or better yet if you want an encrypted drive use another OS.

Try doing it exclusively from device manager. If you right click you audio device and select Properties you should find some way to uninstall then reinstall it and it should automatically find something ok and maybe won't be a shitty ui based driver.

Thank you, I tried this but I'm getting
>Unknown encoder 'libfdk_aac'

I'm on Windows and I don't think I have the latest version of ffmpeg if that matters

Is there a keyboard shortcut for this in Firefox, of "Take the selected text and open it in a new tab in the default search engine"? An Add-on that adds such functionality would work as well.

Attached: firefox_2019-04-17_17-12-37.png (542x287, 23K)

I can't, when I right click it freezes the explorer. It's super broken.

TrueCrypt is not dead, it was mysteriously shut down at its perfect state, proving its capabilities. The software is still working as intended. Unfortunately the world has moved on to new standards.

I know nothing about VeraCrypt, nothing about whether or not the source can actually be trusted or where to find a trusted build.

Unfortunately it really looks like UEFI won't work with MBR. This really sucks, impossible to find a BIOS motherboard for new processors.

First they decide we all don't want flash online (fuck 100k games, right?). Then I'm basically forced off Windows 7. Now I'm forced off TrueCrypt too. The other day I learned about Intel Management Engine and AMD TrustZone spying on us (why is it there?). Meanwhile EU passes stupid shit like Article 13 or whatever its new name is and New Zealand restricts online information and the Notre Dame church burns down. This clown world is draining me.

Attached: alice.png (512x1420, 495K)

>How do i correctly parse the bits in a jpg?
jpg is a file format with encoded image data. correctly parsing that from scratch is not easy at all even for an experienced programmer, unless he's very familiar with image compression. Use something like libjpeg.
before you do that, check the output of:
youtube-dl -F
look for formats that say mp4, choose the one you want and try re-downloading with:
youtube-dl -f

The subtitles aren't embedded into the Youtube video itself, so downloading just the Youtube video as an .mp4 probably wouldn't give me the captions which I need

>download mp4 version without subs from youtube using youtube-dl
>also download mkv with subs version from youtube using youtube-dl
>extract subs from mkv using ffmpeg
insert the extracted subs into mp4 using ffmpeg
or are you trying to make a mp4 with hard coded subs?

Attached: heroine.png (848x1200, 1.06M)

You can probably download them seperately and avoid re-encoding the video, read the youtube-dl man page. Then you can
ffmpeg -i -i -c:s mov_text
If you want to try to re-encode everything switch the missing codec for -c:a aac.

There's a -c copy I forgot in that command too. Your input file obviously needs to be an mp4 for it to work though.

>insert the extracted subs into mp4 using ffmpeg
That's the thing I'm having trouble doing though. I can get the subs, but I'm not sure how to put them into an mp4 while keeping it as an mp4
I'm not trying to hardcode them in, but I wouldn't really mind that either.

I'll try this after getting both files, thanks

>pic isn't a shota
First time I agree with

Attached: 1553241700134.jpg (1500x1500, 624K)

Bump

I need a wired headset(headphones with a microphone) for my android phone. Will anything with a 3.5mm jack work? apparently I am incomprehensible on calls and I need to answer phone calls for job interviews.

I am considering something like this

amazon.com/Logitech-Analog-Stereo-Headset-Microphone/dp/B00WGQNJK4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=headset for android logitech&qid=1555538021&s=gateway&sr=8-3

mp4 doesn't support srt subtitles, you have no choice but to convert them with -c:s mov_text, mp4 is a garbage container format.
avi supports it though, that might be supported by whatever device needed mp4 and didn't support mkv.

Where should the -c copy go? I skipped it, but it still seems to have worked.
Thanks everyone!

It should go before the -c:s mov_text argument.
Does your video have garbage quality? You might have re-encoded it with the default ffmpeg settings. If so try it again with the -c copy

Ah I think I did reencode it, you're right.
Fixed that now, thanks again!

What's the recommended program to completely remove GPU drivers? My new RTX isn't recognised and that seems to be the first step.

device manager

Is there a firefox addon to download all images from a Jow Forums thread in original resolution?

I have assembled my new PC. I installed the OS onto the single SSD. It works. I want to set up RAID 1. I have 2 1TB hard drives. I understand that files written on 1 drive is written on the other drive for redundancy. This is what I want.

My question is, will the RAID 1 set up only cover the 2 hard drives I have selected when setting it up, and not copy files from either drive onto another hard drive I want to add later, for games and other replaceable files?

I'm deciding on a VPN using That One Privacy Site, and I'm down to either Trust.Zone or BolehVPN. Are there any factors that put one above the other or is there another service I should look into?

Attached: svkfef91sdq01.jpg (1024x1275, 172K)

I just bought a motox4 to switch from apple, how can I rice this?

So how do I tell if I've downloaded some complete malware when sailing the seas?

I found a Mega link to a popular program, i grabbed it and it worked fine but shit I didn't verify it at all. Pretty retarded of me but eh. I ran a malwarebytes scan of the PC, it didn't find anything really suspicious.

Attached: 29l25mbuqg321.jpg (235x215, 10K)

I've used formulas in the past, but I'm not sure how to bridge this.

I need the formula to add every item that is between the start date in ColumnF and 1 month after. I have it putting in the range of C2:243, but when I go to check if it is within the range, the IF check should be looking to see which particular cell it is evaluating before it returns TRUE or FALSE.

How can I have the IF check do that? Is there a formula property for doing so?

The current formula I have is below:
=SUMIF(C2:C243, IF(AND(C2:C243>=F2, C2:C243

Attached: Selection_017.png (682x397, 58K)

>This is what I want.
It probably isn't. It's the dumbest way to fail at redundancy in most situations. Just focus on doing your actual backups frequently.

DDU

You can't. I mean if the scan finds malware then obviously you know, assuming you didn't pick it up somewhere else. But you can't confirm a negative. That's the big argument against pirating. If you don't trust the software source, it shouldn't be on your PC.

is it gay if i would todoroki?

Is there a way i can have the active hardware usage monitoring of something similar to after burner running even when im not in a program

Girls are just guys that received a different amount of testosterone. Everything is gay.

I'd like to get into the programming field as a profession. I'm tired of working shit customer service jobs and being ranked by the bullshit metrics that they come up with, daily.

Attached is an image of what I'm going to be studying. I'm almost done with intro to prog by Allardice. I feel comfortable with it, but I'd doing Java next and that's like 74 videos.

I plan on making a rubix cube solver in java with gui to showcase my skills. I might also revisit the program that made me quit school in 2017, BlackJack. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Attached: topics.png (1921x1080, 168K)

Udemy has great courses for cheap.

Collecting a bunch of stupid videos and books and blogging about having them does not get you any closer to learning programming, and nobody cares about it. If you want to learn, just actually start learning. You don't even need to use those videos at all.
The only skill you need to have is breaking down problems into smaller problems. If you can do that, you can teach yourself everything else. Start with something you want to do, break it down into small problems, and try to do the first small problem. If you can't do it, look up how to do it and learn that specific thing. The first thing you make, you'll have to look up nearly every micro-task. Several things later, you'll find yourself only needing to look up a few.
Just sitting and idly consuming a video about programming is probably one of the least efficient ways of learning, and is only worthwhile if all other more reasonable methods have failed you.

Tips on exfiltrating data?

I would like to play the mobile game Metal Slug Attack on my pc/win7.
Is Blue Stacks a good emulator?
Is emulating android on pc easy/idiot proof or is it a somewhat intensive process for little result.
General advice too?

Thanks for the input. I've planned on looking up some of their videos on Spring once I get to a comfortable point.
It's funny that you say that watching these videos are almost pointless, especially so because I had multiple professors in college who relied on these videos to teach for them. I learned all of HTML/CSS, SQL and even some Java stuff through my school's lynda account. I'm already actively in the learning process, and I've already built a solid foundation to build on. So your words, however coarse they maybe be are insightful. Thanks.

Are there any TVs that are actually 120hz and not fake 120hz?

reposting this in case anyone can help

XPS 13 or VAIO S13?

if neither, what 13 or 14 inch laptop would you suggest. all i really care about is at least 8gb RAM and an i5 or equivalent

The XPS is a decent all-rounder. Some specimens have famously bad motherboard coil whine.

Is going to defcon alone fun? I just want to check out the industry and maybe see some cool shit.

found an old disc drive and crammed it in to my computer. it spins up randomly and is loud as hell for like a full minute. an way to stop this? no i dont have antivirus thats doing it

>mullvad stopped offering 3 hour trials

epic simply epic

What do you think?
Major: EE
Minor: Software Eng.
Master: Computer science and Math

which slots do I put the ram in? 1,3 or 2,4?

the pair closer to the cpu

Typically the opposite of what this guy said. With most mobos you do the one furthest from the CPU and then the one 2 to the left of that one. Always check your mobo manual though because there's some oddball mobos.

14 HOURS TO DO A DATABASES PROJECT
wish me luck if i dont get it done in time im officially failing and therefore dropping out (for real this time)

Anybody have tips for making a macbook pro run cooler? Have to use one for work, honestly from a software standpoint it's not as bad as I thought but the two things that bother me the most are the touch bar in place of keys and how fucking hot it runs when I just have a web browser, outlook, and a couple terminals open.

seems good, I did EE major with CS electives and don't regret it from a class perspective. Learned a lot of shit I will never use but it is nice to have a general idea of how everything in my computer works from the atomic level.

Put it in a freezer :^)

Attached: (freezer).jpg (1280x720, 54K)

How do yall access your linux VM's?

Attached: 1555182404751.jpg (1600x900, 450K)

What is the point of RDF, Semantic Web, and JSON-LD? I literally don't get it. Is it an evangelist philosophy or a solution to a real problem? Can I have a concrete example?

Attached: rdf.png (1000x500, 26K)

does it really matter what programming language you learn with? like if i learn python can i go to C later on or is it bad to think like this?

How do you actually take the CCNA Routing and Switching exam? I look for a voucher but I get results saying I need to schedule to take it at a testing center or college. Is there no way to take it at home?

virtualbox

cool what's linux mint like?

no. you need to go to a testing facility so they can make sure you're not cheating

I just put a new ssd into my laptop, what program do I use to clone the hdd thats already installed to the ssd? I want to boot windows from the ssd instead.

Attached: cold_goku.jpg (488x366, 25K)

it's just that I could have sworn I read about people taking them on their own at home

Should I just give in to the systemd?

Attached: D3du4r9U0AA-2-x.jpg (900x900, 77K)

You think it would be a bad idea to get zerom cards instead of zipper stars? Zipper star card seems so expensive

Trying to setup a DHCP server on CentOS 7
Keep getting this error,
> subnet 10.240.100.1 netmask 255.255.255.0: bad subnet number/mask combination.

Here's what I have in my /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf file

# A slightly different configuration for an internal subnet.
subnet 10.240.100.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
range dynamic-bootp 10.240.100.1 10.240.100.254;
option broadcast-address 10.240.100.255;
option routers 10.240.100.254;
}

Can anyone see what's wrong?

I will love you forever if you can help me fix it.

subnet 10.240.100.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {

if you intend to work with linux in an enterprise environment, yes

if not, just use whatever makes you happy my man

Wow. You are brilliant!

Thanks a lot.

Acronis True Image

I need to read up on basic networking.
Can anyone tell me why it's 10.240.100.0 ?

I used to have the same problem every time I set up dhcpd. Was just long enough between setups that I'd forget the subnet needs to start with .0
I don't know why it's like that, but I'm glad I remembered when I saw you having the same problem

Now I just use dnsmasq as my dhcp daemon and it's way easier to setup and has way more features.

>Can anyone tell me why it's 10.240.100.0 ?
dhcpd expects a routing prefix there, which must have all its variable bits set to 0. 10.240.100.1 is a routing prefix containing 0 addresses, because its last bit is 1

Is it even possible to get a bachelors in EE? I'm a junior and still like 2 years from graduating

There is a time dilation effect happening, the past 3 years of my life have taken at least 400 years . The math never ends. Fretting over gpa never ends. I died and went to hell , I'm sure of it

What are you talking about, you just take the required classes and don't fail them.

Why does /sqt/ keep posting this faggot shit?

How does one get games to run properly in wine? Pic related, 5-10fps, audio stuttering to shit

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-18 17-03-35.png (1657x984, 743K)