How does Jow Forums feel about printers?

how does Jow Forums feel about printers?

Attached: animat-printer-color.gif (512x512, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/future/story/20170607-why-printers-add-secret-tracking-dots
youtube.com/watch?v=NIM-YN2A9uc
youtube.com/watch?v=9JLL7615js0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

botnet

niggered

They almost make me believe in a global Jewish conspiracy whose sole goal is to make my life hell every time I need to use one.
Literally some of the worst shit we as a species have ever done. And don't forget it'd literally be cheaper to print with human fucking blood rather than with ink.

jewish scheme

I don't think he lived up to his potential.

Attached: CopyQ.RBIidB.png (645x350, 256K)

It really is botnet. For "preventing counterfeit printing" every piece of paper you print has a matrix of yellow dots that contain the model and serial number of your printer so they can track you down. It really is a fucking Jewish scheme.

i rarely use mine, last time i printed something was 5 months ago. i tried printing something last weekend and it looks like the ink dried up because nothing was on the paper when the printer finished
fucking piece of shit

they're literally all pieces of shit that barely work and break after 2 months

And before checking I thought you were trolling....
Ffs why isn't there a debotnetted printer or an open design

Cause freetards never do anything actually productive but would rather shit their pants over Windows.

unironically
bbc.com/future/story/20170607-why-printers-add-secret-tracking-dots

fuck printers in their USB 2.0 B port

scams

Feel kinda bad for type b port desu, only printer and scanner like him

Only buy Onii-chan printers

Attached: .jpg (768x768, 37K)

I like em, get one that uses the HP 12A or similar toner, they are dirt cheap

>toner
We only inkjet here on 4channel, you think we're professionals?

>Inkjet
>Fucking INKJET
>In 2-fucking-thousand-19
How poorfag do you have to be to still cling on to that obsolete technology?

it's cute it's like the printer is just sploogin on the page

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-18 Why I Believe Printers Were Sent From Hell To Make Us Miserable - The Oatmeal. (1250x7361, 1.11M)

>not using dot matrix printers
Imagine not being able to use your printer to print out terminal history in real time

any of you zoomers ever heard of a dot matrix?

I try to avoid them as much as possible. Printers and email are the two things I ever refuse to help anybody else with.

I actually like using the web UIs that a lot of the modern high-end printers have. I used to use the university printers like this, and I never had to fuck around with the awful printer interfaces that operating systems have.

I have a Brother laser printer hard wired to my switch. Anyone in the house can use the printer or scanner, and Brother makes native Linux drivers available for download in both .deb and .rpm formats. I've got no complaints. My dumb girlfriend wanted a color inkjet but I mansplained to her the benefits of owning a grayscale laser printer.

Attached: brother-mfc-l-2700-dw-1.jpg (1800x1800, 158K)

your gf prints in color all over town my man

Have YOU ever heard of a daisywheel?

Any of you old boomer niggers ever hear of the printing press

I used to own a Panasonic color dot matrix printer. The ribbon had CMYK sections and moved up and down while the head remained stationary. I picked it out of the trash when I was a kid and I remember printing clip art in color with it.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (450x406, 23K)

and now that I'm thinking about it, I also remember having a desire to install linux on my 166 MHz Pentium box and thinking "well I should probably print the manual before I get started..." and proceeded to run off at least 200 pages on the poor thing. I had it set to high quality. It took a long time and my mom was pissed.

have sex

comfiest dot matrix ever: youtube.com/watch?v=NIM-YN2A9uc

make me

no, but I have seen them before...I guess you win user

spread those cheeks open then

I've always wanted a dot matrix one
I remember growing up with one but my dad threw it out like 20 years ago.
What dot matrix printer works with Linux?

youtube.com/watch?v=9JLL7615js0

I've had this concept in my head for a while to make printering suckless.
components:
>old laser jet printer with an lpt port like a laser jet5 - free - $150
>cheap old p4 era pc that will has an lpt port - free - $5
>time
since plaintext and postscript files can be printed on an lpt printer by piping the file to /dev/lpt I can avoid driver and other shit by converting everything to postscript
then all I need to do is set up an email server to send files and get print setings and use a shell script to run anytime a new mail is recieved, check if the file is formatted as post script (if not convert it to post script) and then print based on the variables in the subject line.
say I want to print my resume (which I already output to ps anyway)
SUB: $BW PS ATTCH
I'd attach my resume.ps and send the email
my script would only run if the subject line starts with a $
I could also print plaintext or from the message body:
SUB: $BW PT INLINE
or a photo
SUB: $COLOR PNG ATTCH
I'm flip flopping on whether I'd seperate color and bw printing to 2 seperate printers.
>Printers and email are the two things I ever refuse to help anybody else with
funny I'm the same way about printers and cisco switches, to the point that I feign ignorance at work

fucking pieces of shit should go back to the hellish planet they came from

wait

so i can’t print pdfs off my brother printer and sell them? what if i don’t allow wifi

similar deal here. i wanted printer to reduce screen time, and printing is cheap fast and easy so i print and bind my pdfs as needed

just use a black and white printer

I try to do most things digitally nowadays. Can't even remember the last time I had to print something to get anything done. What the fuck do you people use this ancient piece of technology for?

deprecated

What the fuck does wifi have to do with the printer including barely visible watermarks in your print outs?

I bet you people still use fax too.

Skynet could come into reality and sieze control of all machines on earth and the printers still wouldn't print a fucking a4 without ritual sacrifice.
They answer to no one, not an all powerful AI, not the company that made them and especially not you.

>buy second hand printer from thrift store
>print million dollars of fake money
>previous owner who registered it gets hauled off to jail

I use my uni's printers, I absolutely don't want to deal with printers myself.

What if you just print over that part?

fucking shit pisses me off...

Why the fuck dont they have open source drivers ?

So many problems with printers if you dont have a mainstream distribution like Debian. And of course they wont let you recompile the code for your machine.
No... they want u to fucking reverse engineer the whole piece of shit.

Like what do they gain from not making their drivers public ?

I keep a pistol next to it, if it make a sound I don't recognize, I shot it.

Any recommended printer?
I need it to be
>Laser
>Duplex support
>Scanner
>Wireless printing from phone
>GNU/Linux support
>price about 200$

Attached: 1554871186139.gif (1060x597, 1.82M)

They're like taking care of a baby. You have to feed and change them, and sometimes nothing you do will make things okay. Fucking hate them.

Kek

>how does Jow Forums feel about printers?
Wifi printers or already setup like at work so I don't have any feelings towards printers or issues with them working. I changed the toner cartridge once, and put reams of paper in a couple of times. Its a printer, yep.

just buy a new cartridge goy

Attached: 1510300826641.png (554x668, 22K)

One of the most anti-consumer industries out there

>printing on dead trees
what's up boomers?

Attached: 13b.gif (931x682, 426K)

Demons from hell.