So laser eye surgery is a scam right...

so laser eye surgery is a scam right? 2 ppl I know who had it (LASIK and SMILE) are now stuck with dry eyes and regret ever doing it
also most forums discussing it are spammed to death by advertisers preteding to be after fully succesful surgery with zero complications
did anyone here have it and has zero issues with eyes now?

Attached: Lasic-Vision-Correction.jpg (680x365, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/cell-phones-fact-sheet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2 ppl i know
Great sample size.
Very scientific.

>latest lasik technology
Garbage that only lasts for 5-10 years and the procedure can only be performed about 2-3 times before there isn't any more cornea to cut away. You're looking at chronic dry eye, rapid deterioration of vision as you age, extremely increased incidents of infection. Surgical procedures and diagnostic criteria are much easier to get through FDA approval as the complications do not manifest until a few years later or, any complications are merely labeled as "post surgical" and part of the "recovery phase", an is to "be expected"; try that with a pharmotheraputic, and it would fail approval. If you live in a humid area where there is any mold whatsoever, you risk the fungal keratitis and permanent blindness. Once you have maxed out the surgery, or if your cornea was too thin in the first place, you're forced to wear glasses and cannot wear contacts to hide your vision problems, even so called high permeable, without risking further apoptosis and rapid deterioration of whatever the hell is left of your cornea. This newest approval solves nothing. It simply provides a better cut so the odds of it being botched are lower. It will still begin to falter after just a few years and eventually the flap that was created will warp, and new vessels will start to grow below it, and you'll need it performed again.

LASIK and PKR are smoke and mirrors for brainlets too stupid to understand the complex anatomy of the eye and how the procedures are even performed, it sounds fancy and they say DUUUUDE SCIENCE!!! Virtually all ophthalmologists that do not perform these surgeries are vehemently against it, and most intelligent optometrists will strongly warn against it too. It's ironic too, because many ophthalmologists are myopic yet refuse to have the procedure done.

You only have one set of eyes, that give you the remarkable gift of vision to see the world around you. Don't ruin them.

>tfw wanna get surgery
>fucking scared
>don't even know if it will last

it's not just that
look how ophthalmologist always have glasses instead of eye surgery
look how all discussion on popular boards regarding are just shills trolling shills
how every method (PRK/LASIK/SMILE) gets hundreds of differently named variants but advertised as something completely different and safe even though its all almost the same surgery
all this looks scummy as fuck and you can see something is wrong even if you have zero medical knowledge on the issue

Get glasses. Cheap, simple, and doesn't require cutting anything.
Even eyelet commercial pilots fly in glasses, since there is a risk of creating blind spots, which is unacceptable.
If you can fix with glasses - fix it with glasses, or lenses if you like itchy feeling.

the thing is I want to join military and not be stuck in non-combat units

>too poor to have lasik
>let me protest against it
ok dude

Pretty much. You WILL be going back for more every 5-10 years until they tell you your cornea is now too thin and they'll try to sell you on more painful PRK. You'll also have halos around streetlights, and endless dry eyes. Just fucking stick to glasses or contacts if your vision is bad for fucks sake.

I wanna play sports again tho.

>Actually wanting to fight for the globalists

Attached: ISHYGDidn't Ask For This.jpg (250x250, 24K)

everything he said has been documented though. I used to want to do it, but after hearing about all the complications I’m okay with glasses and contacts.

>You'll also have halos around streetlights
I have this and never got LASIK.

h-help.

Contacts?

Well, idk about army.
Contact lenses? PC-plastic glasses?

Pretty much spot on. I thought about doing PRK, because fuck cutting my eye open with a flap that will never fully heal. But even with PRK, it's not permanent, recovery time is long, and there's still a chance of fucking up my only pair of eyes.

I wear contacts. No issues with peripheral vision unlike glasses, and they don't get dirty. Had them for 15 years with no issues.

I used to play rugby and was uncomfortable :/

Also made anxious.

Why

btw this is copy pasted from /sci/, I don't approve of calling people brainlets for getting this, just simply uninformed

No one wants to, but you have to do what you have to do to make money.

every eye-doctor I have seen wears glasses
what does this mean?

they wouldnt take laser therapy for themselves

every animal-doctor I have seen, doesnt have pets

so neither should you

lastly: the plastic surgeon never seems to have been surgically altered himself

think about this

Imagine being so subhuman that you have less than 20/20 vision before you even hit 30

Attached: image.jpg (1024x903, 337K)

military personnel gets PRK but I guess that after few years post-op when the meat grinder is done with them they just get told to GTFO or moved to shit like logistics and told to heal their eyes on their own now

Imagine being mocked for a condition you're born with and can't help, but are looking for treatments to fix.

No one gets myopia after 20 though, it's mostly developed in adolescence/childhood

imagine your parents being dumb enough to fall for the eyeglasses jew when you're a child, fucking up your vision for life

Astigmatism

imagine having shit genes

I only started developing myopia in my adolescence, went on the internet, fell for the "don't wear glasses" meme. Didn't wear glasses at all and my vision still got worse. I attribute it to being indoors and in front of the computer too much.

Glasses can be had for $5. Lasik is ~$500. 100x the price. The trade off with glass is it requires constant adjustment *adjusts glasses*. Where as LASIK or eye surgeries are permanent 100% active. There's even chance of getting better than 20/20 vision through these procedures which is godsend to many.

Whoops, I forgot the conversion to USD. Its around $350 USD per eye in Canada.

Imagine going to school and flunking a lot because your parents refuse to get you the glasses you need to see the board.

Frames for glasses are $100 at least dude, not counting the lenses.

i thought canada had free healthcare why would you have to pay for something you're already paying for

>being such a brainlet you need to see the board to learn
get better genes desu

do you personally know anyone who had laser eye surgery and doesn't regret it?

Medical tourism.

Try online. You can enter your prescription and so long as they aren't cokebottle or astigmatism glasses you can get complete glasses for pretty cheap.

I got Lasic 4 years ago, eyes felt like shit after surgery for like a year, then everything became good.

If your only way of getting money is by fighting for Israel then you're a complete brainlet and have a below 60 IQ

Army and Sports fields are for brainlets user yeah.

I remember googling it a while ago, didn't find anything.

>being such a brainlet you seriously think letting a kid grow up seeing everything blurry as fuck will somehow magically make their eyes better

That's literally what some people are, so your point?

"cheap prescription frames"

How hard is it? Literally multiple legitimate options from the first page

Did you even, like, try?

Attached: Screenshot_20190417-214243_Firefox.jpg (1440x2560, 938K)

plan was to serve for 5 years, then fuck off for contract work to earn the big bucks, then after 5-10 years retirement
but it looks like this isn't gonna happen because of these procedures being scummy trash, gotta look for a different cope in life

>falling for 0/10 bait

any dental scams like this I should know abut?

You think this is stupid but I've seen no shortage of "alternative" medical quacks peddling basically this.

No it's great. I had PRK (oldskool laser operation predating LASIK) 12 years ago and my vision is still perfect, no side issues.

>Even eyelet commercial pilots fly in glasses,

too bad this is Jow Forums, nobody here has enough money to become pilots

retards also think vaccines cause autism and 5G causes cancer
flu shots are worthless though

brushing your teeth

consider yourself lucky, its documented 5% of post-PRK patients get chronic dry eye (in practice probably 2-3 times more)

its 90% genetics, and shitty dentists will try to scam you by performing unnecessary procedures
all doctors actually

yeah mang totally all dental care is a sham just let em rot and then they fall out and you buy a blender to chew your food before you eat it

i mean even 15% isnt that bad for a procedure that gives you eyesight back
I have 20/20 vision and I have dry eyes anyways its not even that bad

pre-emptive wisdom teeth extraction is the worst dental scumfaggotry currently

Thanks for nothing, faggot.

Attached: Screenshot_20190417-215615_Firefox.jpg (1437x783, 396K)

I'm not getting into military with dry eyes even if I get to quickscope a sandnigger from 2 miles with "perfect" eyesight, thats a dealbreaker
I would never even consider this surgery if it wasn't necessary for a possibility of earning a living

Kek

Attached: 1523174604746.jpg (960x720, 106K)

My dad had it for cataracts and it worked well for him, he's been nearsighted his whole life and now he only needs glasses for reading. He didn't have much choice about getting it, though, since the alternative was going blind from cataracts, and I don't think I'd do it myself just to get rid of my glasses.

>5G causes cancer
Not 5G specifically, but cellphones do have a chance of causing glioma tumor growth in the brain. More specifically, men were getting these tumors and women weren't. Cancer.gov says the results maybe inconclusive and thus requires further studies.

>cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/cell-phones-fact-sheet

Same here. First year was hell. The three months following were the worst I can remember in my life. One eye was relatively fine and the other was fubar. They had to reopen it 2 additional times to clean shit out.

Slowly it improved and now the formerly shitty one sees better than the one that didn't have any trouble. 20/15 in it and 20/20 in the other so relatively speaking the other looks like shit and it bothers me even though it's as good as it naturally gets. Still see 20/15 combined so that's good I guess.

For cateracts they usually replace your lense, that's not lasik. Though if they fuck that up you have to have lasik afterwards

>voluntarily signing up for PTSD school
just don't

>give examples of forms of retardation on the internet
>retard appears and begins to argue it
Oh boy, here we go again

fucking eyelets

when will they learn

Contacts aren't good for sports, they can trap dust and scratch your eye and they're also at risk of falling out or migrating out of place. Best bet for sports is to get sports glasses, they look kind of dorky but they work and you see NBA players etc. wearing them pretty frequently. (Or, if it makes sense for the sport in question, like skiing or cycling, goggles with prescription inserts.)

Attached: rssportshiftred.jpg (600x600, 23K)

Look at all our homeless vets and tell me the army pays well

Reminder that myopia is induced by extended closeup focus that causes a ciliary muscle spasm in your eyes. If left untreated, your ciliary muscles will relax and return to their normal state while you sleep and relax, or use them for distance focus for extended periods.

If you try to "treat" it with glasses, you will just make it worse by forcing the focal point of your eyes closer, and never allowing the muscles to focus your vision further than that point.
Using glasses that give you 20/20 while looking at something up close will hyper accelerate your myopia degeneration.

The most you should ever wear up close is -1 diopter for close up like staring at a screen all day. Only use your full strength glasses for driving. Give your eyes muscles a chance to relax and let them try to focus on far away objects every hour or so. You can eventually recover your natural 20/20 vision over the course of 2-3 years.

Attached: 1528383003865.gif (600x572, 1.5M)

He did have a lens replacement as part of it, but it was some kind of laser procedure that also corrected his vision and one that's apparently often used for stuff other than cataracts.

Contacts are fine for contact sports though.

fuck off retard he said chance not definitive proof
I prefer posts of anons trying to spread knowledge over baseless schizos who have read "scientific studies" and never post what they read, and refuse to believe anything else when told otherwise
you're just as bad as them though

My brother did it when he was 25ish. He just turned 40. Hasn't ever remarked about his vision or used glasses or eyedrops or anything.

The roids he did when he was 17 though... Those are fucking him up now.

army pays like shit, private sector doesn't and it's gonna keep growing

I had it done with I was 19, as a Christmas present from my dad. Other than some crazy fuzzy halos around everything for the first few months (especially at night), it worked fantastically with no other side effects.
Thing is, I'm 33 now, and it's all but worn off, it lasted maybe a few years. Can't see for shit anymore, pretty much back to square one.
Don't have it done if you're under 25.

*can be induced by. It can also be something you're born with or develop without extended closeup focus, for genetic reasons. In these cases leaving it untreated won't do shit apart from making you squint at blurry stuff.

>You can eventually recover your natural 20/20 vision over the course of 2-3 years.
look at this retard right here.

You can regain maybe half a diopter at most from relaxing the ciliary spasm, but anymore than that is due to elongation of the eye which is irreversible.

how are roids fucking him up now?

Jokes on you im so blind i dont even think im eligible for lasik! HA!

Indeed. But on the other side, it is not very expensive, slighly more than typical 6-year program in uni.

motherfucker im gonna kill myself if I have to stay a webdev wagecuck for more years

Yeah my eye balls are turning into footballs i cant help that for shit.

I actually got my cokebottle astigamatism glasses from Warby for $140 ($40 upcharge for the required glass once you get over -6 power)

I'm -10/-10.5

losing a contact or just discarding "dirty ones" vs losing an eyeball cause some asshole kneed you in the face while wearing glasses.

Dont you have insurance?

Manboobs, fucked liver, fucked kidneys

I had LASIK 8 years ago and I'm fine. No dry eye problems, but my vision isn't as good as before. Normal though, I was getting a new glasses prescription every other year before I had it done. I don't regret it. Not being borderline blind when I wake up in the morning is definitely something I don't miss.

>have bad vision and cant be a fighter pilot
>get this surgery and can become a fighter pilot AND see better
Win win

>every animal doctor ive seen doesnt have pets

Ive had the opposite experience

why the fuck do you sound like a TV commecial

the key here is to get it done by an actual optometrist and not in the broken down doctors office painted with more "SUPER SALE 60% OFF THIS WEEK ONLY!" signs then uncle tom's mattress store down the street.

that said my uncle and dad both got LASIK at legit places and both got permanent issues with uniform focus and color tinting right after the surgery. this was within the last 5 years. meanwhile my eyesight is so bad I don't even qualify for it

Astigmatism is a symptom of myopia, your eyes naturally flatten because prolonged glasses use makes your brain thinks your eyes need to be longer to focus properly. That's also reversible in the same way.

The "better than 20/20 vision" thing isn't permanent. I had that a while, but it really only lasted a few months. It was amazing looking at the stars when my vision was like that though.

This, honestly. Our eyes are made to look at things far away but much of early development is spent indoors and looking at things right in front of our faces. Our eye develop around that.