Reinstalling windows

does reinstalling windows actually improves performance or it just satisfies your autism?

Attached: Windows_10_logo.png (1000x1000, 34K)

Both

>both
OwO

Just autism
Like using ccleaner and refreshing desktop placebo effect
install linux distro and use sdd

Attached: 1555575418933.jpg (358x394, 37K)

>actual appropriate use of satania

Attached: readme.gif (500x281, 1.97M)

It improves performance. Sometimes by alot if you have tons of garbage installed, dont listen to these cuckpilled gentoofags.

bit of both - refresh is easier mind you.

just reinstall candy crush instead, it's effectively the same thing

only if you don't manage it properly in the first place
get gud or enjoy blowing away your installation every few months to keep things running
do you also just not flush your toilet, and let the bathroom fill with shit until it can no longer be tolerated, at which point you just buy a new bathroom?

/thread

It only "feels" faster when is fresh installed, when you install all the applications you use, it cames back to the usual speed.
Maintaining a good install ins't hard, dont install crap, dont use "registry/speed optimizers", disable services you don't need and over most of all, get an SSD.

Its just autism
The only thing that slows down your system in the first place is the aids you put on it. If you do a fresh install and install the same aids alongside it again its just going to end the same

A+ tech here: not really.

The biggest bog downs on a windows installation are going to be startup programs/services (including spyware/viruses) and fragmentation if on spinning rust (ie HDD). SSDs also face big down if they fill up too much (especially chinkshit) since overprovisioning can be as low as 7% (the minimum).

Attached: mF9Mn0l.jpg (1150x1266, 214K)

based pajeet
How much space do i have to keep free on my winblows SSD?

Attached: 1551881621276.jpg (1280x720, 253K)

>he fell for the overprovisioning meme

>linux distro
they're all shit

It depends on how much overprovisioning already exists but 20% free space is a pretty good conservative estimate to avoid any bogdowns for most SSDs.

It's a literal neccesity due to how SSDs work. They can't overwrite data on existing used blocks like you can on a HDD.

im convinced ntfs degrades over time with normal usage, looking at chkdsk logs tells me this (mft entries cleaned up, what if a user never runs chkdsk?)

>It depends on how much overprovisioning already exists
how do I find that out sir?

Check up a folder called winsxs on your windows folder.
It is a dll cache that keeps growing and growing and there's no safe way to remove the files there.
The only way to clean this cache is to reinstall windows.

what the hell?

But does it slow down the OS or not

Attached: file.png (366x159, 10K)

A bit, yes.

>A bit, yes.
what happens if i delete it in safemode

Do it and report back

That's called block fragmentation an is an inherent problem of using NTFS day 1 on HDDs spanning a magnitude of folders and files. Generally this won't be a problem when installing a fresh OS and programs. However as the HDD fills up it begins scattering files around the HDD as it overwrites files and begins to run out of space. SSDs don't have this problem.

>Using ubuntu studio 18.04 LTS
>Steam+proton, ff, krita, mailspring are all up2date
>Not even thinking about upgrading anytime soon
This. Built my computer and put ubuntu and I haven't touch a thing since I configure it.
Almost like using mac.

Attached: images.jpg (293x172, 14K)

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>alot

Attached: alot.jpg (259x194, 8K)

I'm gay btw, not sure if that matters.

Id really like to switch to Linux completely but I enjoy my strategy games too much in my freetime.
Playing one game of Civ or Total War during the weekend is just too good.
t. 30 year old boomer

Yes, it breaks before the OS can get bloated.

1) hdd issue - reinstall will defragment system files (in fact it can be done without reinstalling but nobody want to learn)
2) spyware/adware issue - it will be cleaned up (again it is possible without reinstall but need to learn)
3) erroneous drivers/explorer extensions/other auto loaded shit from Microsoft and hardware vendors - sometimes incorrect driver may slow down everything and throw blue screens while fresh system does not have it (again, clever person can troubleshoot without reinstalling)
So, to sum up - reinstalling windows is a quick and effective solution for brainlets and hdd poorfags

no u
that's pictured is an SSD not HDD

Attached: 1496334051328.jpg (608x963, 129K)

It's purely placebo. You get the same effect by just disabling all the startup programs.

I've been playing bully and bayonetta on linux lately. The only problem is that you can't touch the default graphic settings, but a patch for that is already out. You can patch it yourself or wait for it to be integrated.

>also
look for your games here. You might be able to play them already spcr dot netlify dot com

>Almost like using mac.
If it's that bad just switch to Windows

When my shits fuck up the registry so hard that I can only open the door with Visual Studio (TM)

>t. never used a mac
Customization aside, It's a pretty solid OS, because of BSD. Of course you never do shit like custom kernels or dick around with filesystems, but neither do I on linux, I just keep most shit on their defaults

How does it feel being a necrophiliac, with dead Steve Jobs' cock in you mouth?

>use all three os
>recognize their strengths and weakness
>hurr durr steve jobs dick sucker
grow up kiddo

troled :^)

I just noticed your files are compressed. Does that have any noticeable performance degradation in day to day tasks?

I didn't even know they were compressed nor how they became so