Mpvnet - Jow Forums media player of choice

Features of mpvnet:

Customizable context menu defined in the same file as the key bindings

Searchable options dialog with modern UI as mpv compatible standalone application

Searchable input (key/mouse) binding editor with modern UI as mpv compatible standalone application

Modern UI using the OS theme color and dark mode

Rich addon API for .NET languages, over 700 available mpv properties

Rich scripting API for Python, C#, Lua, JavaScript and PowerShell

mpv's OSC (on screen controller (play control bar)), IPC, conf files

Wiki:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki

Manual:
Stable: mpv.io/manual/stable/
Git: mpv.io/manual/master/

User Scripts & Shaders:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Windows Builds:
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/2.8

Mac Builds
iina.io/

Attached: mpvnetplayer.png (1400x700, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master
github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlow/releases
shark007.net/forum/Thread-New-Release-3-1-0-FINAL
gist.github.com/igv/8a77e4eb8276753b54bb94c1c50c317e
anibin.blogspot.com/2017/07/1_35.html
kageru.moe/blog/article/resolutions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1555502849798.png (3840x2160, 2.88M)

Attached: 1555502924745.png (1764x1417, 1.27M)

Attached: 1555502986968.png (2070x1485, 150K)

Attached: 1555503063464.png (2220x1485, 171K)

damn, found this while browsing /a/. can you guys identify any of the settings being used in the mpv config for this screenshot. looks really nice for 720p

the OP didnt reply when I asked him

Attached: mpvshot0305_0.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

I don't know the specific config from looking on the file, but u can try this one.

#screenshot#
screenshot-format=png

screenshot-png-compression=8

screenshot-png-filter=0

screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes

screenshot-high-bit-depth=yes

>Modern UI using the OS theme color and dark mode
pic related

Attached: 1555511147148.png (962x572, 27K)

>Imagine having to auto-post 5 messages to bump your own thread. Embarrasing.

Thx, for remember me to do the patrician thread, shill.

>free & open-source software
>shill
pick one

Attached: 1555580595436.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

Mpvnet chads ensemble. Linux autists like everything hard to use and hassle full.

Rollback to version 2.8 if u continue to have problems.

Attached: works-for-me-logo.jpg (199x200, 25K)

maybe this one user
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master

Attached: 1555469614320.png (450x514, 58K)

indeed. mpvnet is truly the practician media player for windows users.

Attached: mpv-win.png (2560x1440, 1.62M)

patrician thread, boys:

Keep bumping the thread dear ;)

lol dabbing on linuxtards

linuxtards must really be desperate

nice false flag, user

keep butthurt meanwhile I bump mine ;) :

Attached: 1504923245911.jpg (400x460, 36K)

Why should I use this instead of VLC?

thanks user. will try it on the pc when I get back at home.

>not Potplayer

Attached: kek.jpg (400x266, 19K)

nah just wait until VLC gets the mpv backend

why wait user? when u can just download and install mpvnet now!

based mpvnet

Attached: Screenshot-18.png (1052x800, 396K)

What shaders do you fellas recommend?

Can't go wrong with FSRCNNX

github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlow/releases

I mostly use ravu-r4 for anime

Attached: 1555613890737.jpg (1856x1038, 155K)

Can someone tell him to change the name of the software? "dot"net being part of the name is annoying.

Attached: 1487783431683.jpg (1044x770, 239K)

no-border and snap-window don't seem to work

>no portable version
into the trash

what settings should I use if I want mpv to drain my battery as slowly as possible?
Is there a way to use different settings depending on whether my laptop is connected to power supply or not?

Enable to hwdec in settings. I do not know if there is a way to set tthat condition in mpv itself, but u can always try using the task manager or any similar program to deal with processes.

For portable mpv builds on windows, try mpv easy player.

Attached: 1425439505490.png (747x720, 618K)

new patrician thread boys

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

Will wm4 ever comeback?

Damn, she is so cute!

user...

Do not know about the no-border, but for snapping just use the default Windows 10 Snap or a third-party window manager like Aquasnap.

Attached: 1555666589605.jpg (587x627, 69K)

>but for snapping just use the default Windows 10 Snap or a third-party window manager like Aquasnap.
What a shitty piece of advice. W10 snap doesn't snap automatically like mpv, and downloading some third party shit to make normal functionality work is retarded.

I mean the default window manager already does what u are asking.

Attached: 1555672359806.png (944x720, 499K)

No it doesn't.

Windows 10 can snap windows with the cursor on the sides/edges or by using keyboard shortcuts.

Attached: snap.png (454x417, 14K)

Again, that works differently than mpv's snap function. You can't just move a window next to the edge and have it gently snap, you need to move the cursor to the edge and have it snap completely. Chances are that it also resizes it, considering that's the default. And you can't snap between monitors with the cursor unless they're offset, in which case it's a small area only.

Might not be the ideal solution, but download and try Aquasnap. Makes for better window management than the default 10.

>and downloading some third party shit to make normal functionality work is retarded.
mpv works just fine for me.

In my use case the third-party window manager works fine for me since I use it on other programs as well and not just mpv.

There's an issue on GitHub regarding window snapping, perhaps it's related
Also sadly third party tools is often the solution for some mpv quirks. For example mpv does not generate file thumbnails (icon previews) in Windows, you need to install a third party tool for that feature.

I wouldn't call that a quirk, mpv is a media player, not an explorer customizer.

Icaros ftw! - shark007.net/forum/Thread-New-Release-3-1-0-FINAL

I don't disagree, but the fact remains that other media players don't require third party tools for that feature.
I realise that it's probably a byproduct of mpv being completely self contained and portable, however it's no less annoying considering that mpv is meant to be able to do anything and everything on its own, without having to rely on third party tools (i.e mpc and madvr/LAV/Xsubtitlesomebullshit)
Yeah I've been using Icaros for a long time

Enjoy your 1GB screenshots

The image is 720p, is this not just the base, unscaled image?

I am already photographer so I already have an external 1TB storage to spare

WHEN WILL FUCKING JEEB MERGE ERROR DIFFUSION DITHERING! JEEB YOU FUCKING WEEB MERGE IT ALREADY! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Attached: 1555706909773.jpg (607x608, 70K)

Chroma's probably scaled. Also, it's probably debanded.

Attached: 1549235207978.png (1124x889, 184K)

Seriously just ask him in #mpv-devel.

Give me mpv 0.30 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>using some hacked together .NET monstrosity instead of a proper frontend like smplayer for mpv
WHY

Cause I get the best of both worlds. Unlike smplayer which is truly bloat.

does smplayer let you use auto-profiles and scripts?

Attached: 1555715620835.jpg (558x850, 107K)

Not relevant because mpv doesn't apply any of its fancy settings with the normal screenshot (i.e. s or S). That's just the show looking nice.

He's probably adaptive-sharpen
Here:
gist.github.com/igv/8a77e4eb8276753b54bb94c1c50c317e

Attached: 1555730683038.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

default screenshots have captured shaders/filters/debanding etc for ages now

Attached: 1555729944541.jpg (1282x349, 82K)

Why are you reposting from this thread? You have reposted multiple times. What kind of autism is this?

Attached: 1551239671536.jpg (303x566, 24K)

How long is mpv + youtube-dl supposed to take to start playing for youtube? Obviously it depends on connection. I'm only asking because youtube can take up to 5-10 seconds and everything else (Jow Forums,plebbit,soundcloud) starts almost instantly.

How could I make it faster?

Attached: mpv_keyboard_shortcuts.png (1318x813, 79K)

you retard gotta understand that most anime is drawn at around 1280x720. so even if you download an untouched bluray remux, it will most likely contain a simple upscale with bilinear to 1920x1080 (which looks much more blurry than leaving it at the native res). which has been the case for example for made in abyss or one punch man. infact, the real resolution of made in abyss it was drawn at is around 1504x846 to 1520x855
anibin.blogspot.com/2017/07/1_35.html
and more infos can be found here
kageru.moe/blog/article/resolutions/

I didn't know there was this much research behind this. I knew most anime was natively 720p, but I didn't know there was a resource that analyzed individual anime like anibin. Thanks mate.

definitely not

Looks like luma-sharpen or adaptive-sharpen.
See pic related.

Attached: 1555764706434.png (1280x720, 1.34M)

you're welcome. it gets even more autistic once you understand the fact that the chroma (colors) are scaled to half the native res, incase of native 1080p (4:2:0 = 4=luma, 2=chroma(half res), 0=luma & chroma) that would be 960x540. so to reverse all these shitty upscales, you have to write an avisynth script to disinclude the U & V channel (chroma) and only process the Y channel (luma). since luma (brightness) is how to human eye percieves image sharpness.

thats why you might find 4:4:4 720p videos that sometimes are even higher in file size than the native bluray, since the sharper an image is, the higher the bitrate needs to be to preserve that sharpness.

another example in direct comparision would be audio. the louder the audio file, the better it sounds to the human ear, and the higher the file size gets, since you also need a higher bitrate to preserve the loudness of the audio.

unfortunately i've seen a lot of anons who misunderstand this info and rigidly insist that 720p releases are always preferable to 1080p releases, despite the fact that nearly all 720p releases are regular downscales of the 1080p bluray/web source rather than proper inverse scales.

Do you have a source for that?

i'm talking about anime releases by fansub groups and the like.

Yes I realized that.

oh. there's no source except experience because nobody has written an overview or survey of anime release groups, but most groups do regular downscaling and postprocessing (if at all) to hide artifacts, rather than inverse scaling.

Experience in what? Did you compare releases to properly inverse scaled releases, or did you just think some looked like shit or assumed they didn't?

why do you assume inverse scaling is the norm?

Why do you think that I do?

because you demanded a source for common fact.

You didn't say it was a common fact, you said you knew it from experience, that means it's not a common fact. You're just talking out of your ass.

it is common fact because anybody with experience with anime releases knows that inverse scaling is not common practice. you are demanding a source for "water is wet".

You don't need experience to know that water is wet, if you need experience then it's not a common fact.
But fine. How do people know that inverse scalers aren't common?

yeah. thats why you need to check if the Chroma subsampling is 4:4:4 for a 720p release

correct. unless the worksteps are explicitly detailed by the uploader I would assume the video to just be A: a crunchyroll 720p webdl transcoding or B: a bluray disc bilinear downscale to 720p (without debilinear or chroma preservation)

Do you have a source for that?

?? you do need experience to know that water is wet. it's common fact because the experience of wet water is universal. are you retarded?

debanding, sharpening, and other postprocessing steps on top of traditional downscaling are the norm for 720p anime releases. it's common fact if you have any experience as a member of a release group or a viewer who reads what the groups post in descriptions of releases. i can't believe i'm engaging with such a pedantic retard.

i can only think of a few proper examples. the bxyh Mushishi 720p was great although the audio was lossy transcoded if i remember correctly.

>?? you do need experience to know that water is wet
No you don't, everybody knows it. Needing experience in this conversation means that you need to not be a dipshit, and that you need to be sort of well versed in it. You do not need to be that to know that water is wet, everybody knows that. But not everybody knows this shit you're claiming about 720p releases.

>it's common fact if you have any experience as a member of a release group or a viewer who reads what the groups post in descriptions of releases.
So you're saying a lot of anons don't do this?

you are pretty much the same sort of user i mentioned in . please learn to comprehend what you read so you don't waste others' time. feels like i've been arguing with a parrot, not a human being.

a source for what? be more specific

Can you answer my question?
That being correct.

it's clear that no amount of knowledge will elucidate the matter for you.