Ubuntu 19.04

eee...
releases.ubuntu.com/19.04/

so this is final release and this is what will be posted on official ubuntu site today or this is still a beta? I don't want waste time downloading it

Attached: cCNcqUP.jpg (2560x1600, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oUVuiIOWp9c
wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=EXT4-Linux-4.19-Corruption
neon.kde.org/faq
cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/command-not-found/ bug/1055766
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu-1904-desktops&num=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=oUVuiIOWp9c

hello ladies and gentlemen

Modern linuxoids install ubuntu and go to production.

what...

Please no gnome shit. Use Kubuntu, Xubuntu or whatever.

but they are crap... I been trying so thus why I want ubuntu, xfce is light but it's piece of shit overall

I use Arch

Shut your sound!

Kubuntu, Xubuntu etc... Are all Ubuntu without the bloat.

What bloat?

gnome is bloat

Less features again, thanks Gnome

apparently I can't because it doesn't work on linux

WOOOOOOO THE NEW VERSION OF AMAZON LINUX WITH MOUNTS FOR SHIT LIKE GNOME-CALCULATOR IS AVAILABLE TO LAUGH AT!!!!
>WOOOOOOO THE NEW VERSION OF AMAZON LINUX WITH MOUNTS FOR SHIT LIKE GNOME-CALCULATOR IS AVAILABLE TO LAUGH AT!!!!
WOOOOOOO THE NEW VERSION OF AMAZON LINUX WITH MOUNTS FOR SHIT LIKE GNOME-CALCULATOR IS AVAILABLE TO LAUGH AT!!!!
>WOOOOOOO THE NEW VERSION OF AMAZON LINUX WITH MOUNTS FOR SHIT LIKE GNOME-CALCULATOR IS AVAILABLE TO LAUGH AT!!!!

I'm serious, I'm now laughing, this shit is still a thing in 2019 kek

Yep, the transparency feature in the top gnome panel was REMOVED. The application menu in the top panel was also removed.

when's xubuntu?

Komfy my niggas.

Attached: file.png (549x595, 54K)

I'm still on Trusty :-)

Yeah it hasn't notified me of any updates yet.

Amazon Linux is based on RHEL sources. It's a real distro found on AWS.

>tfw still using Unity on 18.10

I'm finally comming back to Ubuntu because Unity was utter trash and crashed often if modified. Fedora on the desktop, Ubuntu on the laptop.

I don't even understand the reason for kubuntu since the kde team supports KDE Neon first which is kUbuntu with their fresh backports.

Do you people upgrade an existing installation or do a fresh reinstall? I think I may just stick to LTS, any up-to-date programs I need I just compile myself.

>I think I may just stick to LTS
Wise choice. Any features or improvements that 19.04 has, will be implemented in 18.04. I was listening to a podcast with one of the Ubuntu devs this morning, and this is what he said.

Did they fix the file system corruption yet
Does vsync work system wide yet without manually configuring every app
Can I easily set scroll wheel speed to be the same in all apps yet

I like xubuntu but I just can't deal with all the shitty little issues like I mentioned above that make it anoying to use

When will Loonix have a good capability to run MS Office?
Thats what keeps me off of it.

What do you mean? Surely packages are going to be locked as that's the point of LTS. I can't imagine them upgrading libraries, for example.
I believe what you're talking about is the rolling kernel, which allows updated kernels to be pushing to LTS: wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack

No can do, I run my Ubuntu laptop as a rolling dev build.

Nah, I'm talking about performance improvements to Gnome. Supposedly, Ubuntu 19.04 is even more performant than 18.04, and they plan on pushing those improvements to 18.04 sometime this year. I believe he said in the summer.

>file system corruption
???

Btrfs shananigans

>system being compatible with software
its the other way around, dummy.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=EXT4-Linux-4.19-Corruption

when microsoft decides to that they love opensource

Try Ubuntu MATE. It's the boomer spin for people who remember how incredibly comfy feisty fawn was.

>gnome
Why the fuck would I care about some shitty DE? I install bare-bones Ubuntu via net installer and Xfce on top of that.

>what is wine

loonix runs into these problems regularly, might as well assume there is going to be a solution for it in the future.
well, no loonix for me then.

Why the fuck would you ask this question in a thread about Ubuntu Gnome 19.04?

Because Gnome is not Ubuntu. Ubuntu is a set of defaults and package configurations and repositories. That really what a distro is, not whether or not it ships X DE by default. You don't have to install Gnome, you can also uninstall it post install, and so on.

Alright an update it did tell me there's an update and I'm now on xubuntu 19.04. Things seem ok if I notice something I'll report it but I'm using a really old computer so drivers and shit prob isn't really changed.

I tried 16.x with gnome. is 19.x similar?

Why the fuck did Canonical not go with Plasma instead of the fucking foot?

OP's pic is Disco Dingo and the link resolves to Canonicals Ubuntu 19.04 desktop download. The thread's topic is pretty clear.

Same reason everyone else went with Gnome. You wouldn't understand though.

>neon.kde.org/faq

Is this "the KDE distro"?

Nope. KDE believes it is important to work with many distributions, as each brings unique value and expertise for their respective users. This is one project out of hundreds from KDE.

for me, it's unity

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-02 12-51-05.png (1366x768, 420K)

is it actually good now?
i thought that canonical abandoned it for gnome.

it's really usable and stable now, but yeah the stupid fucks abandoned it
it's still maintained though, they just won't do any major updates to it anymore
you can install it in 19.04 too with sudo apt install ubuntu-unity-desktop

>QT 5.12
Fucking finally.

Neon doesn't have a calculator
Nor an LTS version.

Yeah, and the first thing you can do is $ sudo apt purge gnome && sudo apt install
It might even surprise you to know you can install another Ubuntu flavor from within stock Ububtu, e.g. xubuntu-desktop package. None of that is make makes a distro.

Doing the upgrade now!

>Ablooo-blooo-blooo-blooo-blooo,I've got to interject with my opinions about things I don't like. This board is my soapbox.
Back to discord,tranny.

>Assuming women are actually into technology

>xfce is light but it's piece of shit overall

Attached: 4L_SLyu6bI4.jpg (540x596, 73K)

>what are arguments that never happened?

still getting tearing on xubuntu 19.04 even when fiddling with its compositing options

is there a lightweight (cpu mostly) compositor or is compton the only option?

based
I'm tempted to make the full circle and go back to Ubuntu. There's just every piece of software easily available for Ubuntu. I'm in Fedora right now

is there a net install for ubuntu?

so, dd was actually short for Disco Dingo...

>gnome3 shit
Get back to me when your DE isn't a Fisher Price iOS bullshit. Oh, and with a decent file picker.
KDE for life. KDE is love.

>not calling it diamond dick

>Still on 5.0.0 kernel.

wtf I was already downloading this shit, dropped

Yeah Fedora is cool but everything supports Ubuntu.

Yes, Its called Ubuntu minimal.
It's even smaller in size than Debian netinst.

you mean netboot iso
cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/

I hate Ubuntu as much as the next autist, but calm the fuck down...

kde neon still king

>ubuntu
not even once
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/command-not-found/ bug/1055766

I can't think of bigger endorsement of Ubuntu when an autist's biggest problem with it is some Amazon button

Kek'd

Why shouldn't people use it? I'm legit curious

I'm impressed. I've never seen such a powerful display of autism before. Teach us more, oh great one!

Unity is great coming from windows 7.
I told a friend of mine that it was just like 7 but with the taskbar on the side and they took to it like a duck to water.
They now run kde.

I wish the start menu wasn't so fucking retarded

Kubuntu uses more ram though

I quickly upgraded from 18.10 before I left to visit my family for Easter.
All of the dock icons were missing and the wallpaper was black. I'm thinking I might reinstall a fresh copy though.
I have a back up of my home folder using the built in tool, what else should I back up?

That's why you should use LTS version.

>Kubuntu
So can you actually change touchpad sensitivity now or do you still need to fuck around with input drivers?

Attached: ye.jpg (594x441, 24K)

Ubuntu Budgie is unironically the best distro

I especially like the new Amazon function!

There is no reason why one shouldn't use it
It's well supported, popular so there are lots of fixes for just about anything and hardware support is good
The issue comes in from a certain bread of Linux users who can't stand the fact there is a distro that will work for just about anyone who uses it

> touchpad sensitivity
Huh? What's this?

fewer

>still no decent file picker
Why doesn't canonical just use patch that already exists?

Attached: 1555463187510.jpg (750x750, 68K)

fellow Unity fan here.

Can someone please maintain Unity forever?

>using corporate GNU/Linux
This and systemd is what killed GNU/Linux. We tried, but it's dead at this point, and shit like crApple (locked in walled off garbage) and *BSD (NODRIVERS) aren't any better.

We have to embrace our Microsoft masters until something better comes along.

>This and systemd is what killed GNU/Linux.
user, linux is used in production all over the place
try to get out of your moms basement sometime

Xubuntu is nice but Xfce seems to be the slowest for gaming in several tests. Why is that? I don't care much about gayman and I'm not trying to bash xfce but a 10fps difference overall seems pretty significative.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu-1904-desktops&num=1

Honestly I'd pick Kubuntu before Xubuntu, KDE can be annoying sometimes but most of their intrusive stuff can be uninstalled/disabled, and after disabling most desktop effects it can be made pretty snappy. I'm running Fedora 29 KDE in my X230 and runs like a dream, snappy and responsive and runs pretty cool with the fans are off almost all the time.

Attached: Screenshot_20190419_124109.png (616x486, 33K)

That's what I thought. They must be the same kind of user who shills for Gentoo XD

What a fucking retard. Yeah there has never been so many people using it yet it's DYING!!! Right???

Linux support has never been this great, even big corps push for it. Hell even STEAM says it's the future. The amount of pro-Linux shilling since the Steam announcement is astonishing.

Get out of your hole you're into fag

Budgie master race

>2019
>being happy that your OS has vsync

wew lad linux fags

who fucking needs vsync?
I'm on 2 huge 4k monitors on Ubuntu 18 and I have no issues whatsoever. I just don't get it, I never had to fuck with vsync on linux for desktop usage

Fucking troglodyte, think about what you just posted

still don't get vsync on xubuntu's default compositor
need compton still

>xfce is light but it's piece of shit overall
Have sex