Windows user here, I'm not trolling so get lost...

Windows user here, I'm not trolling so get lost. I installed linux Ubuntu and right afterwards Mint because from what I know Deeping, Manjoro, Open sure ect. are crap from specific reasons. Ok, but let's move on;

I tried to set up Nvidia driver, I tried to set up intel graphic, apparently it's not possible and sound driver on linux is worse than driver I install on windows...

I tried to make backup and there's no dedicated software like Aomei, or Acronis or others, in other words, Linux backup software is crap or do not exist at all
I tried to set up wine, I tried to set up play on linux and lacking windows apps but they crash after few minutes of usage and replacements are not intuitive or lagging and often crashing [!]

For most of advanced things like control of the power to save more battery or boost performance or to change other things I needed use console and search lot of things through google or wiki because apparently you cannot build normal DE with normal gui...

I have an question
When Linux stop being piece of crap? I installed ubuntu 10 years ago and from that time literally nothing changed for better and the app store is still piece of crap

Attached: 30yZKoiQ0VXKwubuntu.jpg (800x800, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ostechnix.com/backup-entire-linux-system-using-rsync/
linux.die.net/man/1/rsync
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't use proprietary software. Windows and most of all your windows software are examples of this. If you take some time to read the EULA (End User License Agreement) to these softwares you'll notice that they restrict you from doing many things, such as inspecting what the program is doing, installing modifications to the code, or sending a copy to your friends. You may be able to circumvent these restrictions in some ways, but in the developer's view this is illegal and they would stop you at any chance they get.

These restrictions cause practical problems and prevent developers of other operating systems from supplying the appropriate tweaks, meaning proprietary software has a tendency to work poorly on operating systems which it isn't built originally for, such as Ubuntu. It's unfortunate that you got used to software which is restricted in this way, but if you take some time to search for replacements, I'm confident you can find some. Nvidia is a hardware vendor you should avoid because all of their drivers are restricted in this way, which causes lots of problems on any OS that isn't windows. Remember that Microsoft was found guilty of illegal monopolistic business practices in several countries, so in some cases they may still be actively colluding with companies like Nvidia to sabotage their competitors.

You're just too braindead to use Linux. Stop being a bitching manchild and install gentoo

>I didn't install Xubuntu LTS with Arc theme and icons
you have only yourself to blame

kitty, maybe you did not noticed but... I am normie, I want desktop to work, not to solve it's fucking problems

it does not change the fact that linux is crap and STILL!!! not ready for home desktops

what would that change... please

I wanted to go back to windows, then I tried installing pip, it didn't work out of box, so I went back to linux.

I have some problems with linux too, and it sux, because people want to keep it nerdy, which is cancer for Linux.

>it does not change the fact that linux is crap and STILL!!! not ready for home desktops
Sure but Windows is worse and even less ready.

> Deeping, Manjoro, Open sure
nice
> I tried to set up Nvidia driver, I tried to set up intel graphic, apparently it's not possible
installing novideo driver is basically a few clicks in ubuntu and intel drivers are already in kernel so you don't even need to install them iirc
idk about backups and other stuff you mentioned
> I am normie, I want desktop to work
then stay on windows and do your work, apparently it's just not for you
> I'm not trolling so get lost
it really looks like you are, i doubt you did anything remotely good for linux and other open source stuff but then you just come here and complain

apt install xserver-xorg-video-nvidia
lutris to properly configure games
what can be so hard about this

>Install windows click click pick partition, kys, wait
>system setup, download apps, drivers, updates, set up apps drivers, system settings are mostly clickable pach pach pach done

it take only 2 hours at best if you really want something more than default settings

and most of time windows is easy to navigate, only old control panes is shit, the control panel in windows 10 is shaping into right direction

Yeah well, sorry I have to say this op, but works on my machine, although not using Ubuntu but Debian.

I know this is bait but I'm still going to respond
Installing nvidia drivers is one command line, I did it a few weeks ago for a new PC
The sound drivers on linux are vastly superior to windows, windows you get a dropoff from around 14,000hz which becomes incredibly noticeable at 16,000hz and only worse from there when using basically any sound interface, and their native response curve up to 100hz is worse as well although that is more marginal
There are dozens of backup tools for linux, rysnc shits all over acronis for speed and features
Literally never had any issues with wine, what are you tying to run in it and how retarded are you being?
If you can't get ubuntu to work then you are subhuman tbqh

because it sucks...windows driver settings are far more advanced and better in every way

Windows is far more obnoxious to set up than ubuntu. You always have driver issues that need to be resolved, half the time you need to use a driver disc for a wireless dongle since windows doesn't have proper drivers for your ethernet, and it ends up being a fucking horrendous pain to get to a functional state
Ubuntu is literally it just works

>The sound drivers on linux are vastly superior to windows,
but I use real driver, not windows one... and nvidia drivers on linux are not setable
>There are dozens of backup tools for linux, rysnc shits all over acronis for speed and features
no, you have zero idea about backup differences between both systems, AOMEI for example supports something called hidden partition and lot more, it's far more usable than tools you mentioned

I have forgotten about security tools, linux is lacking in ton of useful shit like hitman alert or malwarebytes or OSarmor from novirusthx

ect. ect. and no, I don't use them to detect viruses, I disable remote control on windows and use them for basic security, because no system is secure and I am well aware of that, unlike you...

>I'm not trolling
>Linux backup software is crap or do not exist at all
>I tried to set up intel graphic, apparently it's not possible
>apparently you cannot build normal DE with normal gui
>When Linux stop being piece of crap?
If it wasn't bait, why post obvious lies?
A lot of things have changed the past 10 years.
Installing drivers is easier now, but they also worked 10 years ago, you just had to get the right hardware.
The app store was a retarded idea from the beginning, kde discover works fine, but I would still prefer terminal interface to the package manager every day, mostly because it is easier to use than the graphical interfaces that do the same thing.

>Windows is far more obnoxious to set up than ubuntu.
REALLY? It only requires reading ability and touchpad
drivers issues=shitty support, shitty hardware nothing else

>yeah, i installed linux to see if it was better than windows, but it won't run exactly the same as windows so it must be trash

different =/= bad

>rysnc shits all over acronis for speed and features

ostechnix.com/backup-entire-linux-system-using-rsync/

ebin, it's fucking shit

linux.die.net/man/1/rsync

>let's waste time copy pasting commands and reading ton of articles because we can't have good gui

EBIN

retard

Ubuntu takes 10 minutes for me. And I have a custom installer ISO built so I don't even need to download anything afterwards, it's all just there. Why do you insist on using an inferior OS?

BECAUSE IT WORKS AND HAS STANDARDIZED SOFTWARE?

But it doesn't do either of those things.

Unironically install gentoo pussy.

idk what your prob is but i know it's the best normie distro

>rsync doesn't have GUI
grsync
>tard

>He fell for the ubuntu meme.

Attached: 1532998993478.jpg (1120x757, 78K)

G-g-g-g-g..............

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Op, Ive had the same experience. Linux just doesn't have the tools that fits my needs. And that is quite sad cause i really, really, really want to leave win and mac behind.

Maybe some day there will be an alternative, but for now. Linux is as professional as a highschoolers side project.

Attached: natsuki_hahaha.gif (244x238, 2.1M)

If they did not managed to make windows replacement in 10 years then they won't in next 10 years... literally windows 10 is developing faster, this is just fucking disgusting

what needs

>I'm not trolling

Attached: bf2.gif (178x239, 351K)

>I tried to set up Nvidia driver, I tried to set up intel graphic, apparently it's not possible and sound driver on linux is worse than driver I install on windows...
womm
>I tried to make backup and there's no dedicated software like Aomei, or Acronis or others, in other words, Linux backup software is crap or do not exist at all
what does
timeshift
>I tried to set up wine, I tried to set up play on linux and lacking windows apps but they crash after few minutes of usage and replacements are not intuitive or lagging and often crashing [!]
if you need windows software just use windows
>For most of advanced things like control of the power to save more battery or boost performance or to change other things I needed use console and search lot of things through google or wiki because apparently you cannot build normal DE with normal gui...
brainlet
>When Linux stop being piece of crap?
late 00s

> muh needs
it's games

>Muh games
Yes.
Preferably (current year) releases.
But I also make all of my money with the adobe Creative Cloud. I have to use the latest ver. of Lightroom and After Effects, etc. (Muh company licences)
A tiny bit of 3D as in Cinema 4D mainly for some isometric rendering for product advertisement. Nothing too hard.

I also work for architecture and mechanical drawing on the side. So add some AutoCad but the 2008 release is quite enough for me.

But that's it really. I hope one day adobe will run natively in Linux.

I still think windows and mac sucks ass, absolute garbage, tho I really made all my coin through it.

Attached: IMG_3966.gif (241x328, 3.89M)

You need to install Green With Envy, too, for added features.

Use Deja-Dup. It's a graphical back-up application for the retarded. You'll love it.

We've had this discussion like a million times.

Windows/mac exclusive software are REQUIRED so im fucked.

Shit.

Guess ill have to buy a comfy laptop to try and get used to a distro. Maybe learn to rice. I can see myself developing web in html5 on a comfy linux laptop. Maybe leave mac and turn my old macbookpro (2010) into an Ubuntu machine.

Attached: 1550182864842.gif (200x109, 1.96M)

>Muh games
Dude, even the corporate boot-licker, Linus Testicle Tits, says Windows needs to be scared of Linux gaming. If he can admit it, there's something wrong with you.

Looks like you are running on linux or using an aimbot hehe nothing personnel.

Attached: 1553344594927.jpg (1775x2531, 480K)

> When Linux stop being piece of crap?
It's not, you're just too stupid to use it. It seems like you're from a third world country from the way you write, so maybe it's the school system's fault and not yours, in that case I'm sorry. You should reinstall Windows and go back to the botnet, or buy a Mac, but you probably can't afford it.

> I tried to make backup and there's no dedicated software like Aomei, or Acronis or others
You can use nautilus or whatever file manager you want to copy your files to your backup device. Personally I would use rsync but you should probably stick to a GUI.

not only after effects but ton of professional shit, even medical, I can't believe linux is lacking in it...really, software people telling is 'enough' often turns out as crapware

>tfw some esl idiot posts a pile of garbage
>tfw I'm replying

I'm trying to wade through this pile of shit that OP wrote and I'm largely just baffled. Sound generally just works (and I mean actually just works, it's not like ten or so years ago when everyone was busy fucking up switching to Pulse). Wine largely works, and if it doesn't, install the actual DLLs with winetricks instead of using the built-in Wine ones if you have to.
I've never had any real crashing issues under Linux, and apart from actual installers fucking up, I generally haven't had any issues with programs under Wine.

Probably the closest thing I've seen to being correct in your fucking garbage post is about CPU power management -- back in GNOME 2 days, there was a little panel widget you could use to set each CPU's speed and governor. Haven't seen heads or tails of it in some time.
Still, Xfce still offers something similar IIRC.

> windows driver settings are far more advanced and better in every way
How are they more advanced and better?

>It's not, you're just too stupid to use it.
Like 90% of non advanced users, people don't care about commands, they need clickable stuff they can read, when you understand this? or even make commands simple as fuck?

Because they were literally created for dedicated hardware and have dedicated interface and lot of utilities? retard?

> I have forgotten about security tools, linux is lacking in ton of useful shit like hitman alert or malwarebytes or OSarmor from novirusthx
This made me literally burst out laughing. Quality troll 11/10.

>back in GNOME 2 days, there was a little panel widget you could use to set each CPU's

ok, so again, le ebin linux development, in newestu ubuntu they removed drag and drop, I'm waiting when they will remove file manager, desktop or better finally delet itself forever

> Like 90% of non advanced users, people don't care about commands, they need clickable stuff they can read, when you understand this?
If they need clickable stuff they can use a GUI. Not everything can be done on a GUI though, even on Windows.
> or even make commands simple as fuck?
How?

I'm not baiting about security, I simply think this thing matter because each system has ton of unknown holes, don't fool yourself that le ebin password will protect you

>How?
Pfff... I forgot how it looks on mac, but I think that commands should be hidden behind simplicity crap like

install shitEXP
enter
system detects it and proceed into certain action

every terminal app should have layer of simple commands put on the actual commands because shit is too complicated

> Because they were literally created for dedicated hardware and have dedicated interface and lot of utilities? retard?
Nvidia and Intel graphics drivers on Linux are created for dedicated hardware too (the graphic cards they let your computer use). I don't get what you mean with "dedicated interface", drivers themselves are an interface that the OS uses to interact with hardware. Which utilities are you talking about? Drivers are just software interfaces for hardware used by the OS, they don't include utilities.

You know what I mean c'mon!

Many commands require copy paste because they are too long to remember ect. We need simple, maybe even one word commands connected with the actual commands

power manager;
power;
save
balanced
high

you chose one and hit enter, something like on windows

> each system has ton of unknown holes
On Linux you can find and fix those holes yourself. Besides, nobody is retarded enough to write viruses for Linux since only a small percentage of the population uses it.

I think that if you really want to stick to that fucking console so hard then make it user friendly, make console related apps visible in app drawer and make commands simple in use

there's an application on windows which opens console [? or not?] and to navigate it it requires numbers of certain settings and so one, same thing is on android

>so get lost
stopped reading right there

I know I type like retard but whatever...

ehhh... you guys don't understand that simplicity is better for linux usage on home desktop, you know that console is essential so don't ridicule yourself, make it simple in use and navigate through hidden system settings

because SERIOUSLY, console based apps on windows are PISS EASY to use

change sudo apt get - bla bla bla
to
install bla bla bla

I know you are fucking retards and you will shit on that and call it nonsense but... are you mental? + why I must use sudo every time if default configuration is an root anyway?

on windows I open shit as admin and BOOM I can use it with full rights, I will tell you more, I can give myself full rights by default through settings!
welcome in 2019 [though it was a thing in 2009]

you are literal man childrens with autism if you think your fucking sudo is good thing and healthy for home desktop

>Nvidia
Stopped reading there. Don't use garbage.

i'm not reading all of that kill yourself retard

Typing "sudo" is faster than right clicking and selecting "run as administrator"

Are you another edgy underage using linux?
Giving full admin privileges is faster

PolicyKit is a thing you fags

gnome 3 has been an amazing step backwards and I'm still wondering if it's some sort of deliberately orchestrated attack
it's so marvelously fucking awful and has really set back desktop linux in a bunch of ways
shit caught me flat-footed, I used to easily be able to recommend Linux to people
GNOME 2 was easy, largely familiar, and rock solid.

sure, MATE exists, but it's always been a bit rough because its devs aren't that good and the renaming of everything has led to some weird issues cropping up here and there

Ok troll. I just installed Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS two days ago. Used the built-in 'additional drivers' interface to load my NVIDIA driver. No issues at all.

>backup
Rsync is better than any of those backup softwares. If you need a GUI, use FreeFileSync. Windows users are stuck on 'image backup' because installing Windows programs and updates is such a monumental waste of time. With Linux you just back up your home folder with rsync, along with maybe a list of your installed packages, and call it good. If you're really set on image backup, Clonezilla is actually great.

>sound driver is worse
Does your sound card vendor support Linux? If not, find one that does. RME is a good one.

>gaming
eh who cares about your games

Attached: clam.webm (636x352, 277K)

tards don't understand what sudo means and they talk like linux is all comands when you can do anything in GUI

linux is not crap, the time is choosing perfect combination of software and hardware, so for gaming purpose the best combination is WINDOWS+some good graphic card like nvidea, anything else will sucks

on date linux is good for some purpose (coding hacking)and not so good as other for others

+1

"tools i need" let me guess.. discord, some gaymer shit, razor rgb and foobar?
back to /v/ and stay there

anime?

use dd and tar you fucking noob

>reading tonnes of articles

Use rsync -h
Retard troll

install manjaro and press auto-install drivers
>unable to copy paste 2 commands from ubuntu wiki

Rsync is not a backup tool. Linux actually supports the holy grail of backups, aka Borgbackup.