Why do people hate on Apple products here?

I had the whole cringe phase of hating on them mindlessly, comparing specs etc. Being exceptionally strong academically might have made this worse.

Anyway, then I actually bought my first one (iPad) after using a friends and it was fucking fantastic. Now have the pencil, iphone and imac. I think the people who mindlessly shit on them are either poor or autistic/insecure trying to make tech a big part of their life. My uncle does this actually, when family came to my house and saw iMac saying it looked great he kept bringing up his old hp Linux laptop. He was also unemployed for 5 years and is now a teacher, apart from this he's a great guy.

If you care about this shit then unironically have sex.

Attached: APple-macbook.jpg (830x467, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_Standard_Keyboard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_x86_manufacturers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get laid iToddler manchild.

Attached: 1552677299077.jpg (996x954, 319K)

>"""""mindlessly"""""
>you literally need to perform oral sex to the spacebar of a mac laptop for it to work
iToddlers are fucking retarded and gay.

I don't understand the hate for Jobs either. He was a modern renaissance man, a veritable genius that created the modern world as we know it.

Attached: 1359169238623.jpg (660x431, 151K)

>ipad pros ship fucking bent AND THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK
>their butterfly keyboards have been breaking since they were introduced AND THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK
>their i9 processors perform worse than their i7s AND THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK
>they favour their own applications while crippling the ones from the competition whenever they can
That last one is the most worrysome, especially now that they're expanding to other markets (credit cards, gaming, media consumption with apple tv+ and more focus in apple music).

Do you trust that once they have fucked over all their competitors they will be good guys?

Monopolies have always been terrible for consumers and this time it won't be any different.

I have a ton of positive stuff to say about them, but I don't like at their current direction.

Apple didn't datamine people like Google because it wasn't their business. It's slowly becoming their business.

Say it, brother, I was literally crying when I heard he had died.

Attached: 1364256542459.jpg (669x645, 78K)

>their i9's

you mean Intels, and so anyone with a fucking laptop with an i9

>you mean Intels
Yes

>and so anyone with a fucking laptop with an i9
No. It doesn't happen to laptops that have proper cooling.

Proves the point.

I don’t think a lot of their older products are bad but their modern laptops in particular are fucking terrible. Unreliable keyboard, thermal issues even worse than their older laptops, useless touchbar, terrible port selection, dongles on dongles, stage light issue, etc. their build quality is fucking terrible and they’re designed to squeeze every penny out of the user. On top of that, if you need a repair done at an Apple store, you’re looking at least 500 fucking dollars.
I’ve been using Macs since I was a teenager and literally work in Apple retail and sell these pieces of shit to poor people. Take my word for it.

Shut up, windowsfag. Real tech genius are trying to have a conversation here.

Attached: 1362515423249.png (991x291, 32K)

>sell these pieces of shit to poor people
kys

I literally try to talk people out of buying them but iToddlers want what iToddlers want.

Attached: satania2.gif (540x540, 279K)

>iToddlers want what iToddlers want
yea i hear you

Sad thing is that, most of the times, macfags don't even know what they want.

Attached: 1271261337589.png (1005x395, 46K)

these people admitted to being breastfed by apple

He was a shrewd and heartless marketing autist who didn't have a philanthropic bone in his body

P.S. Wozniak was the creative spirit

>He was also unemployed for 5 years and is now a teacher
Fuck you.

This was back when apple was good

What year did the IIgs get discontinued, again?
That doesn't look like 1992 to me.

If you care so much about what other people think / buy i suggest you take your own advice user.

Attached: 1444673221752.jpg (500x678, 86K)

You know, when I was in college the uni I went to was the ONLY one in the top ten national or liberal arts that INSISTED everyone use apple, and had it in all their labs, etc... back then it was OK. But somehow over the hears-- I guess it really began with the iphone-- it became the brand of POZ. And now to have Tim "take it u the brown" cook taking advice and giving money to the ADL and SPLC.
And not only that, imagine if you...bouth a fucking car, but the dealership that sold it to you told you that you COULD NOT work on it, and even used a special key to keep it closed, and you HAD to only go back to them if you wanted anything. I'm much happier now with my goddam PC, where I can...if I decide I want a sound card, I fucking add it. DEcide I want a new graphics card, buy it and add it. and so so down the line...

>t. pajeet

>imagine if you...bouth a fucking car, but the dealership that sold it to you told you that you COULD NOT work on it, and even used a special key to keep it closed, and you HAD to only go back to them if you wanted anything
This has been the case with cars for over half a century, underage. Torx screws were literally invented for that exact purpose.

>Autism speaks

>>t. pajeet
no, hate to break it to you dumbass, NESCAC schools at that time at least kept Indians, Jews, chinks, and commies OUT and it was great. Have I run into "the lolipop sucking league" in this thread or something?

>This has been the case with cars for over half a century, underage
And what the fuck does that have to do with anything? Are you retarded or just acting retarded? If your fucking apple battery dies? good luck changing it by yourself.

I have had zero stripped torx screws, ever
And about a billion phillips.
Also my Volvo 240 is pretty easy to service on my own.

I've changed the battery in a 4S but that was an order of magnitude less complicated than the new ones are to open. They're 100% intended to be thrown away and become the tumors in the gut of a tuna.

I don't mindlessly hate them I just simply prefer PC and Android

This

Attached: the woz when he wasn't fat.jpg (1600x900, 109K)

So I got a 90k job and thought about what I wanted as my computer.

Was deciding between a MacBook Pro and a Razer Blade. Picked the Razer because I wanted the OPTION to play video games at least.

But recently with my tax refund I decided to get an iPad Pro. THIS THING is the BEST computer I have ever used.

It’s just a joy to use. Everything is convenient. I can type documents on it, I can answer work email on it, I can take notes in meetings, all in something that also works when I’m in bed watching Cowboy Bebop.

Now I want an iMac to work with it.

Attached: FF4707B7-CC29-4364-9886-B9426DFF7C21.jpg (2000x2000, 701K)

>literally and unironically cannot add a persistent route without setting up some convoluted startup scipt

Jow Forums has hated Apple's for 10+ years. Largely because of jealousy at first, but now because they are legitimately overpriced and flawed. Pre-2016 MacBook Pros are very good laptops.

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1533942424924.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>it's a joy to use
why do reddit fags talk like this?

Acer is better, but unironically.

Attached: 20190418_215035.jpg (2560x1536, 1.4M)

Because I don’t like having to use shit that works slow and doesn’t load websites correctly?

apple didnt have to make an i9 laptop
if you want an i9 and os x, you have no other option. hackintoshes are a pain to maintain, if you do professional work and need an i9 you have to buy from apple, there is no other option
it was apple's decision to slap an i9 into a laptop
it was apple's decision to not properly cool that i9
it was apple's decision to sell this to consumers without telling consumers it would run worse than an i7 model
apple has no defense here, they have only themselves to blame

They seem to be geared in a lowest common denominator fashion. Also anti-consumerism?

imacs arent too bad, they dont break as easily as macbooks. they're a pain in the ass to move, though
use what works for you, just make sure not to bend it by accident :^)

Attached: file.png (1500x848, 1.42M)

>I just simply prefer PC and Android
Daily reminder that macs are IBM PC compatibles
Also this still continues to be a thing, too.

Attached: macpos.jpg (4032x3024, 3.52M)

Attached: 20190418_220545.jpg (2560x1536, 1.25M)

>Now I want an iMac to work with it
IT drone here, if you're debating between a Macbook and an iMac, go for the iMac. In the 3 years at my current job, I've seen 1 iMac get serviced after it got destroyed by a power surge in a lightning storm, but 20 Macbooks get sent in for repair. 3 for headphone jack issues (required a full motherboard replacement!), 5 for display issues, 2 got dropped, and the rest were all keyboard issues.
Just don't be surprised when you can barely upgrade anything in the iMac. Other than that, they're actually decent (albeit overpriced).

You know what I meant you fucking autistic piece of shit

2010 MacBook airs were great, too bad they went to shit with the butterfly keyboard

>doesn’t load websites correctly
what year are you living in faggot

Better pic, aka the one I meant to upload instead of this. Not a huge difference but feels better to me.
Stop being a retard, chad
Learn your jargon and then the adults might respect your opinions more

Attached: macintrash.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

They were shit m8. Apple was never good. Even first Apple products had design flaw due to hipster artist like Jobs wanted fucking "muh aesthetics""

>2010 mb air is great
too bad they break the moment you breathe on them too hard.
>70607672
>designed the entire computer (excluding the switching power supply), along with nearly every available peripheral
>created color NTSC video using essentially bit-banging
>made a design that allowed for easy opening and addition of expansion cards

>Put full schematics and IC pinouts in a book that came in the box with the computer
>third-party books acknowledgements actually thanked apple for how much help they were in providing help and granting permission
>Even first Apple products had design flaw due to hipster artist like Jobs wanted fucking "muh aesthetics""
The original mac did, with its lack of fan, bad board layout, and horizontally mounted flyback transformer placed where heat gathered, BUT the Apple II was rather robust and Jobs barely had anything to do with it from the hardware perspective. It also helped that he didn't know how to program either.

Attached: appleII_schematic_thanks.png (1200x1070, 556K)

Sorry, – I missed a >.

get a bigger desk m8

Fine I prefer "windows" machines and Androids
Is that better you fucking sperg?

MacBook Pros circa 2009 were the best notebooks you could buy. But Apple hasn't made a decent laptop in close to a decade and probably never will again because they no longer care about the Mac. They want to get everyone over to iOS devices with touch screens because that's where the high profit margins are

I don't care for them because they have often built horrible flaws into their products and blame it on the consumer. Be it overly short ribbon cables that break, thin casing that bends the logic board, work stations that over heat as they slowly jam over time with bad venting, weak radios in phones that don't work if you have it in your hand, etc. Or just dick moves like taking out the headphone jack to sell you a meh pair of earphones.

I get why people do like them. Macs were the thing pre-Intel take over and got a reputation as a creative tool, their advantage there ended around 1995 though.

They used high end SSDs when Vista was skullfucking your average Windows laptop that resulted in laptops that stayed decently usable for years if you bought Apple.

They used high grade panels with good font scaling (ffs Windows still piss poorly supports some things over 1080) when your average windows laptop was still using bizzarro crap laptop screens.

The iphone 4 and kind of the 5 was very smooth running in a time when Android was clunky. Iphones both before and after these have too many issues to count though, except the XS which is too new to tell what will fall of it yet.

But over time they stopped putting in the extra effort on those SSDs, their parts are badly installed, their engineering flawed, their usability has gone down, Siri even got surpassed by most anything else, any modern iphone has had critical problems.

I will grant you the Ipad is still the best tablet for an on the go artist, but is nothing compared to a desktop drawing monitor. But on the go I can think of nothing on the ipad's level. The Ipad 2 put me off them though from not having a default way to drag and drop to a NAS, Windows 98 shouldn't have features over it.

That aside in the past you got some premium support and now they don't give a shit and have been caught lies too many times to count.

So my distaste isn't to wank off over Linux, its because I find them poor value.

They were shit though.
But they weren't as bad, as current iPad shit they make

Dorm, so I can't. It is really horrible because I came from this.

Attached: desk-old_a.jpg (3038x2014, 1.64M)

DELET

Attached: 1554254788193.png (813x1402, 369K)

I'll buy a MacBook when they get rid of the stupid fucking butterfly keys and allow me to upgrade ram and storage.

Just because Apple did lead the industry doesn't mean it currently does.

If people want "thin" they get burned

If people want a better deal they get cheap components

If people want to pay $500 just on Apple Care for some shitty overpriced garbage be my fucking guest

>Is that better you fucking sperg?
A little, but it's still bad unless you wanna fuck these
(OK, maybe a lot of us do)
Also you still un-ironically like Windows, so that's not very good.

Attached: os2_a.jpg (3252x1968, 3.36M)

Pic was supposed to be Android 18. The OS/2 thing was another train of thought.
I guess I just suck cocks.

Attached: Android18.png (500x793, 532K)

I like windows cause I'm a gamer and my computer was built for gaming

I've been finding games to emulate for quite some time.
Pretty convenient how basically every console/computer can be emulated from a linux desktop. Enormous library of content.
So much so that I don't really find myself missing Windows games much. The few I do play work in wine.

I like that Extended Keyboard. I sold mine because the keys had seized up and I was too lazy to lubricate them. I still have the smaller Apple mechanical keyboard, but I regret ditching my Extended.

OS/2 is also cool. Although IBM's marketing department was terrible.

Attached: IMG-3419.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

as the owner of several now deceased Acer machines: fuck off
like, I've never seen a laptop manufacturer quite so bad

I've also never had machines that were actually stone dead, at least until I bought Acer. All the systems I've owned that have failed in some way still boot and turn on and you can attempt to do something at all with them.
Acer machines are unreliable fucking garbage.
The Mac is definitely overpriced out the ass, but buying Acer is just throwing money down the drain.

they'd be pretty nice for price vs performance, except they're built like shit and they're the only machines I've owned that have lasted less than 4 years

Apple has always been entirely schizo about repairs. I remember my brother gave me an old G3 iBook.
Almost everything was user replaceable, from RAM, to the WiFi addon, to the keyboard, it was pretty nice... except 128MB RAM was soldered to the board (why), and the hard drive required you to completely and utterly tear down the whole machine to access (having only the 10GB disk in it was pure suffering).
in more modern times, a 2014 MacBook Air has an easy to access SSD (shame it's retarded proprietary bullshit -- there's adapters, but that's a real fucking coin toss) and a moderately easy battery replacement (kinda surprising actually)
but as a whole, it's a massive fucking hassle in terms of repairability

>He was a modern renaissance man
He barely wrote code, he knew zero engineering and he yelled at employees for a living.
A Renaissance Man is a jack-of-all-trades, please tell me how Jobs was that!

I hate every laptop that require key combination to hit pgup pgdn, that including apple shit.

In fact I hate them the most for started that trend.

Thanks god HP haven't given up on those keys, het

>Although IBM's marketing department was terrible.
Can't really blame them, MS was still in full jew-mode back then. There's a reason IBM hates the consumer market, even though they can legally make their own x86 processors whenever they want.

Why is Jow Forums so mean? Why can't you virginss just let me make fun of you for being poor? I literally bought this macbook from my room mate to get llaid but because y'all spreading memes about mac toddler being gay the only people that gave me any attention were aids ridden faggot (not homophobic btw, I have gay friends), You've ruined my chance to have sex, now admit you're poor goddamn it, at leeast let me have thatt!

Not sure, they're pretty decent products. My family asked for my input on getting a computer for my brother back in 2015. Out of laze I just suggested a Mac. I'm sure that had I posted on Jow Forums, I'd get all recommendations for some piece of shit Lenovo that would be struggling to run Win 10 on a dying HDD. 4 years later, my brother has never complained about it.

On top of marketing over-priced, stylish products to normies, Apple is overly restrictive on things that Jow Forums kinds tend to want to do. Developing stuff, upgrading PC components, replacing batteries without getting anally raped.

Everything you can do on apple products can be done on cheaper, more robust products with a little tech savvy. And I'm fine if someone with no tech savvy wants to waste their money. But it's pretty embarrassing when someone from Jow Forums does it.

But, you know what, Samsung's shit. And so is Android. There are a few decent tablets at intermediate price points, but as far as smart phones go, you generally have to choose between cheap or expensive. So if you really want a social media tether and need it to be more responsive than a $40 Best Buy phone, then fine, get an iPhone. I don't mind. It's 10 times more than I'd ever pay, but some people live their lives with their face glued to their phone, so don't let me stop you.

>IBM's marketing department was terrible
Nah they were totally cool. Gnarly, bro. Rad. Bad. Far out. Wicked. The bees' knees. Too cool for school!
>I like that Extended Keyboard. I sold mine because the keys had seized up and I was too lazy to lubricate them
What? I've never even heard of an alps switch 'seizing'. Did you spill something on it?
I did have a switchplate on the 'end' key that didn't always like to register, but some deoxit (contact cleaner) fixed that right up. Not bad considering I paid $20 for the board.

I also swapped out the num lock and scroll lock switches for the latching variants, since it bothered me that only caps lock latched.

Did you ever make/buy an ADB -> USB adapter for your smaller apple board? I'm assuming this one is your board? deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_Standard_Keyboard

I'm not sure if I like this one more than my Model M or not. I tend to rotate them around every couple weeks.

I don't know that IBM has ''ever'' made its own x86 CPU's. Since the beginning it sourced them from Intel and AMD licensed the design so IBM would have a backup supplier.

Attached: relate.png (500x909, 163K)

>some piece of shit Lenovo that would be struggling to run Win 10 on a dying HDD
>Windows 10
That's your first problem right there. But really, if you can find the right drivers for the hardware, even the old core 2 duo's run at least OK.
>Piece of shit lenovo
The older thinkpads are fine. Newer ones? Eeeh.
>dying HDD
I've had one HDD fail on me in my entire life and that was in an ipod classic. I've got a stack of 6 dell latitudes that were used in a school for 10 years and all their HDD's still work fine.

>I don't know that IBM has ''ever'' made its own x86 CPU's. Since the beginning it sourced them from Intel and AMD licensed the design so IBM would have a backup supplier.
They do own the necessary rights, though, they just have no financial incentive when they already make POWER processors for the enterprise market.

Citation needed.
I can't find something saying they own the rights to the x86 architecture.
The IBM PC BIOS? maybe. The ISA bus? Some might argue that. But the 8086 and 8088 were around before IBM was an Intel customer for them.

>I can't find something saying they own the rights to the x86 architecture.
It's on fucking Wikipedia. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_x86_manufacturers

That does not say that IBM has any ownership of the architecture. For all we know they could have licensed from intel for the right to make x86 cpu's for [span of time which is now expired] for [market that explicitly excludes general purpose computing].

There could also be absolutely no relation. For example, the Zilog Z80 was binary compatible with the Intel 8080 but not licensed by Intel.
e.g. a clone, but not necessarily produced under license.

>as the owner of several now deceased Acer machines: fuck off
>like, I've never seen a laptop manufacturer quite so bad
Which exact models did you have?
>I've also never had machines that were actually stone dead, at least until I bought Acer. All the systems I've owned that have failed in some way still boot and turn on and you can attempt to do something at all with them.
How exactly they failed?
>Acer machines are unreliable fucking garbage.
Idk, I had Packard Bell (literally Acer, but with different logo), with Phenom II, and it still works. It is like 8 years old.
>The Mac is definitely overpriced out the ass, but buying Acer is just throwing money down the drain.
Not really.
>they'd be pretty nice for price vs performance, except they're built like shit and they're the only machines I've owned that have lasted less than 4 years
They are built pretty similar to Asus laptops (in terms of plastic and shit). Much better than IdeaPads, where hinges literally rip shit apart, and Lenovo won't fix it.
Hardware vise, I don't think that Acer makes their own mobos, I think they order them from other manufacturers, like Hannstar (and this explains why all cheap laptops are pretty similar in repair).

Why do iToddler manchildren think they or their manchild fruit toys belong on a technology board?

Attached: 1543024831130.png (400x1650, 367K)

It's mostly just poor people who dislike them.

I don't hate the products as much as the cunts saying its superior to every other device in existence. Yah they're nice, premium and sleek but they have problems like overheating and the butterfly keyboard. The higher ups at apple just want to push an untested, and problematic product without thinking of the consequences. As I said, their products are great, my first phone was a 4s and I do think their ipads are some of the best tablets in the business but it's just this insane and retarded cult that bothers me more

Genius here. The iphone 5 was the worst iphone and possible smartphone that was ever made. The thing had 2 and a half recall programs and literally everything in that phone except the main board and enclosure had a defect. The 5S and SE were practically perfect. Same with the 6s line.

Apple still has the best SSD's in the market but the cost of them makes them shit.

Everything else you said is 100% accurate though. If the iPad gets a desktop OS it easily has the possibility to overtake desktop illustration.

Overall though the value proposition behind most Apple products is terrible except the iPads imo. Shit keyboards and a non optional touchbar has fucked their laptop line. Phone line has become way too expensive but apple knows this but has too much hubris to lower prices in western markets.