Ryzen sucks for Linux.The only people that shill Ryzen are gaymers and Linux users that don't program

Ryzen sucks for Linux.The only people that shill Ryzen are gaymers and Linux users that don't program.

Lets face the facts, Ryzen Linux support sucks, the drivers suck, everything sucks. Ryzen is for windows brainlets that think they are smart because they built their own PC.

Attached: ryzenlinux.jpg (474x266, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3d7jb6y0V0c
youtube.com/watch?v=It_eSrlmm5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

care to go more in depth
I haven't done jack shit research other than looking at cost/power usage

some compiling issues with gcc

>Ryzen sucks for Linux

Say that again to my 200k LOC C++ work project and the fact that a 20 minute compile job has been cut down in half to 10 with a 1700x.

My only regret is not waiting long enough for a Threadripper but the savings for me is already pretty good with 16 threads, and it seems like most of the time I spend waiting now is on link time which is not parallelized. Probably would be worth looking into clang migration now that I am reminded of it again, since LLD apparently has a parallelized linker that beats gold.

Retard.

Werks on my machine.

Attached: nigger.png (1366x768, 261K)

Maybe upgrade your kernel to a version that has better Ryzen support. Like 4.19+ Just a thought.

$ uname -r

To check.

You mean the thing that got fixed in August 2017 with a new stepping?

>drivers for cpu
fuck off intcel shill force

Attached: 1546906176924.jpg (326x294, 18K)

power saving problems still, compile issues with gcc outside the first gen ryzen defect, and cpu frequency problem issues still with ryzen boost algorithm which kinda goes with power saving problems.

Im arch fagging with a R5 2400G and i also use its internal graphics for driving my 4k monitor
I never had a problem with it
Also installed gentoo and had no trouble compiling it

If you are considering ryzen for your loonix system just make sure that the moderboard supports it and update the motherboard drivers

>be me
>have R5 2400G
>Arch fag
>have 4k monitor
>didn't waste money on a dedicated gpu
The little thing runs 4k 60fps movies no problem also web browsing and everything else in general is super smooth
I even tried gentoo on it for the first time
Compiled that shit no problem with my 8 threads (pic related)

Ryzen works great, just make sure you buy a ryzen compatible motherboard and update its bios

Attached: 536F3A2D-BF3A-4A7E-BD94-AEAE5BB7BB7D.jpg (500x375, 51K)

Fuck it told me that i did the captcha wrong and it still posted wtf

Only indians buy amd

>the driver suck
this is bait. Sage all fields

see

NOOOOOO BUY INTEL

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

Why do I need a new CPU again?

Attached: the fucking same.jpg (1318x1047, 185K)

>Ryzen sucks for Linux.
No it doesn't.
Glad we have that nipped in the butt.

>intlel

Attached: r.png (1434x253, 52K)

I use ryzen to play video games on GNU/Linux

get fucked, cuck

Attached: 1518388545481.png (500x883, 260K)

Whats your cooler, user?

Attached: 1553884642298.jpg (600x600, 48K)

>Ryzen Linux support sucks
Don't you mean Linux Ryzen support sucks?
It's the OS that has to support the CPU, not the other way around.

Get a Zen 2 Threadripper.

h100i, its pretty decent for what it cost, keeps my CPU under 50 under load even with a high OC
prime95 after 12 hours will hit around 63 though

Actually, the OS only has to support the architecture. It's Ryzen that's shit here.

>The only people that shill Ryzen are gaymers and Linux users that don't program.
*don't shill
Fixed that false equivalence for you.

Attached: Untitled-4.png (330x229, 22K)

other way around for me
gcc works fine but msvc takes an eternity

>using ABP instead of ublock origin
kys

99% of computers users are gamers. 1% are Linux pedophiles trying to hide their cp. Not our fault we get to enjoy the promise land while you beat off to little kids feet alone in the dark like some degenerate 2nd rate human being.

>4k 60fps movies
Nigger even intel's shitty chips can do that

there was a bug in the early chips where gcc would segfault all the time

also msvc linker is slow as fuck, they claimed to improve it dramatically in the latest visual studio release but i haven't tried yet

>Compares his obsolete CPU with another obsolete CPU to justify his poorfaggotry

wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=3d7jb6y0V0c
youtube.com/watch?v=It_eSrlmm5g

>it's not the newest one, therefore it's already obselete
Oh, you can just fuck right off. Coffee Lake isn't any better either.

I hope you die in a fire together with your retarded piece of shit of a family for raising you.