What do you love most about Linux? Me? I love BASH. I feel like a true systems operator when I'm navigating my shell...

What do you love most about Linux? Me? I love BASH. I feel like a true systems operator when I'm navigating my shell. Sometimes I even feel like an international spy involved with top-secret espionage. It's like the good folks over at Linux found an amazing way to combine all the usefulness of systems productivity tools with a really cool game! And it's all free!

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 4K)

For me, it's how smooth and crystal clear administration is. Wanna modify stuff on Windows? Well since they stopped using .ini files, you have to go through this 'registry' thing and fuck around in a database. Linux configs? plain, portable, comfy ascii text files. Also, setting up which of your little daemons you want running is pretty straightforward regardless of whether you're using sysvinit, systemd, runit, or something else entirely.

Nice larp, but I don't blame you. It is kinda fun once you git gud. My personal favorite thing is all the customization. I know that's really dull as a reason to use gnu/linux, but it also does everything else I need it for too, so it's the icing on the cake.

I like that I don't get spied on constantly like with Win10 or MacOS. Take that you silly glowies!

>What do you love most about Linux?
I like to read how loonix retards love bytes on disk

Bio-luminescent CIA agents btfo

Attached: 1554314023564.jpg (1024x544, 43K)

it is easy to install and use for a brainlet like me
>can't into the windows meme

I had no idea bash was part of the kernel.
Good to know.
Thanks OP.

I like GIMP.
It has the most advanced circle tool of any image editor.

Attached: Here's your fucking circles right here, faggot.png (1680x1050, 494K)

>I love BASH. I feel like a true systems operator when I'm navigating my shell. Sometimes I even feel like an international spy involved with top-secret espionage.
so, basically larping?

Tiling wms are the main reason I use it. Although plaintext config files and bash are nice compared to windows. A good OS would use a real language as it's shell language but I guess bash is a big step up from powershell or whatever.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1494611423154.jpg (294x400, 32K)

- It's free
- No .exe cancer
- I like to use the terminal as it's more flexible and less bloated than GUIs.
- I like penguins and I think the debian logo is the best out of any OS

Those are my reasons.

Honestly mostly the fact my computer doesn't turn off when it wants. I also like feeling i have more power over system.

I use fully non-GNU Alpine with musl and Busybox, you turbonigger.

to install a program on GNU/Linux
>apt/yum/whatever install [package]
to install a program on Botnet/Windows
>go to website
>find correct version of software for your CPU
>download *.exe
>run *.exe as administrator

>- No .exe cancer
What exactly you mean by .exe cancer?

I think that "Red Hat Linux" is fine, or "SuSE Linux" or "Debian Linux", because if you actually make your own distribution of Linux, you get to name the thing, but calling Linux in general "GNU Linux" I think is just ridiculous.

dear user, you are a fag

Somebody shop a gun in his hand.

What router is this installed on?

I like the fact that its GPL so I can use it as part of a GNU/Linux system.
I'm looking forward to one day being able to use Debian Hurd and finally ditch Linux. Linux (the kernel) belongs to SJWs and Big Business now.

Attached: 300 hours in gimp.png (294x400, 211K)

>Linux configs? plain, portable, comfy ascii text files
Maybe before systemd

Install Gentoo.

>free
>debian logo is the best
>best OS cause logo
god why?

Attached: brainlet_debian.png (936x1024, 42K)

You're thinking of log files. Binary LOG files.

This.

Also the fact that, if I really had a problem with something in a linux distro, I'm only limited by how technically competent or how lazy I am.

I installed it on my desktop computer.
RMS is an evil man. He raped my mom at a LUG meeting in our trailer park, I'm his illegitimate son, and he never calls except on Xmas.
Install busybox.

The thing you like most about (((GNU)))/Linux systems is a shit shell? Huh

its only a matter of time before pottering hungers for more

But my linux computer uses some kind of settings database called "dconf"

I don’t have to feel guilty for using something I never paid for.

And freedums, I guess.

package managers

Simplicity and powerful. I love to ssh and doing all the shit from bash. Once you know the stuff, its faster than guiapps with 'ux'

The "cp" command.

based dubs of truth