I've been using windows 10 for years and rarely needed to use the garbage terminal...

I've been using windows 10 for years and rarely needed to use the garbage terminal. the way linux forces you to use terminal should be a felony. what year is it?

Attached: terminal.png (300x210, 62K)

>CLI is hard
>What year is this?
It's the year for you to eat shit and fuck off, fucking GUI brainlet. Go back to windongs.

Here's your food analogy:
>Why learn to cook quality food when you could have Mac Donald's ?

>food analogy
stop

obessed

i especially laugh at the freetards who go out of their way and use the terminal to read their emails, browse reddit, and use it as a file manager. GUI is definately worse for that. fucking freetard

imagine being at computers

Lmao

the terminal is robust for working on things designed for it. if you're using it to browse websites that aren't from the 90's... well, you might have brain damage then.

windows terminal is awful, loonigs terminal emulator is love

>using a text interface for textual tasks is somehow difficult and unwieldy
Do you edit images without a mouse too?

linux= amish

so fat you look and see food

Enjoy your spyware OS winfag.

>forces

>the way linux forces you to use terminal should be a felony. what year is it?
How does it force you?

op posted xnu so I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he's retarded.

I've used various versions of DOS and Windows for 27 years (since 1992) now. Most of that time, when I've been on Windows, I've had one or more "terminals" (call it MS-DOS Prompt or Command Prompt, it's ultimately the same thing) open for quick CLI stuff.

I've used Linux since 1999/2000 and again, I always have numerous terminals open if I'm on the GUI side (which I am for most of the time).

Never had any problems with terminals in either system. You use mouse for things that can be done easily with mouse, CLI for the rest.

I don't understand why you people are so allergic to typing commands.

>Winfag using linux
Contrarian detected.

please stop making retarded threads. it saddens me

based and redpilled, dabbing on brainlet freetards too lazy to make user interfaces and trying to justify lazy cheat code magic word command line """interfaces"""
seething nerd desperately trying to feel like an elite hacker because that's all he has

One evening, Master Foo and Nubi attended a gathering of programmers who had met to learn from each other. One of the programmers asked Nubi to what school he and his master belonged. Upon being told they were followers of the Great Way of Unix, the programmer grew scornful.

“The command-line tools of Unix are crude and backward,” he scoffed. “Modern, properly designed operating systems do everything through a graphical user interface.”

Master Foo said nothing, but pointed at the moon. A nearby dog began to bark at the master's hand.

“I don't understand you!” said the programmer.

Master Foo remained silent, and pointed at an image of the Buddha. Then he pointed at a window.

“What are you trying to tell me?” asked the programmer.

Master Foo pointed at the programmer's head. Then he pointed at a rock.

“Why can't you make yourself clear?” demanded the programmer.

Master Foo frowned thoughtfully, tapped the programmer twice on the nose, and dropped him in a nearby trashcan.

As the programmer was attempting to extricate himself from the garbage, the dog wandered over and piddled on him.

At that moment, the programmer achieved enlightenment.

Same question to you retard. I'm sure you'll have an answer and I'm sure you know exactly what you're talking about.

fpbp

>GUIs r bad cuz pipes
The modern operating system referenced in this bit could as well be Genera, where it's actually possible to point at GUI elements like this and have them do stuff for you because each element is bound to data structures and functions and the operating system exists in a single address space where IPC is practically useless because there are no discrete isolated processes meaning that any program can use the internal functions, classes and data of any other program.
When was the last time you piped an image file from a terminal file manager into your post on Jow Forums?

Attached: 1545071122089.png (700x563, 522K)

if you're the type of person that rarely ever uses terminal on windows you probably won't use it much on something like mint or other ubuntu derivatives, either. however, if you did you'd be much more productive. oh wait, playing vidya hardly classifies as being productive.

Why use a car when you could use a horse and carriage

it's just retarded NEETs trying to be contrarians

Attached: 1537402198915.jpg (2052x1901, 568K)

You know you can get bash on windows now?
it's pretty cool

Back then there was only plain top, which is black and white, so your picture is wrong.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1428515097105.jpg (900x1352, 338K)

I've taken to using terminal/CLI applications because you can be reasonably assured of ongoing consistency. For some reason Firefox took away the "reload all tabs" action. A CLI application would never remove or obfuscate such a useful feature so readily.