Which distro to install ?

>inb4 install gentoo
Hey, I want to get into python for web development, and from what i could tell, it's way easier to deploy and maintain a web app through linux. Now, i just want to know which distro do you consider to be the best, and why. Thanks and sorry if you find this question dumb.

Attached: muie.jpg (770x578, 70K)

ubuntu disco dingo

windows amigos

Mythbuntu

>Which distro to install?
If you're asking, Ubuntu.
>why
It has tons of community support, broad software compatibility, and is the most just works distro out there.

Just flashed it to a usb, and when installing, apart from the fact that i get that fucking pciebus error, when i want to change the pre-set security wifi from wpa2 personal to another one, it goes to terminal mode cascading the pciebus error

I've never actually installed Ubuntu, so I'm afraid I can't help you out with that. Maybe try looking up the issue you're having?

based

manjaro is pretty straight forward to use because of automatic driver installation and the aur. use it with kde or gnome

I like Manjaro. There's really nothing to it, and you mostly have the benefit of the Arch wiki, which is very comprehensive.

Ok, seems like my PC can't fucking accept ubuntu. Every time i click on "install", it goes ape shit with the pcieport error and stuff.
Guess Manjaro is next.

My PC didn't like Ubuntu either. Not sure why, everything's brand new, but no regrets with Manjaro.

It fucking works like sonic. Speed, nice gui for plebs like me, fucking wonderful. Thanks user.

and enjoy the stability issues. I'm still fine...but I am also very careful + why does op need gaming if he's in it for python programming or web dev?

never had stability issues with manjaro altough others say they have so there might be some truth in that.
what does manjaro have to do with gaming?

Mint
Just works and has a better desktop environment than Ubuntu

Attached: linux-mint-19-tara-beta-released-with-cinnamon-mate-and-xfce-editions-521387-3.jpg (2674x1622, 594K)

Install windows 10 set it up as you need and stop deuluding yourself that linux for home desktop is good

I specifically said "web app deployment". I have a laptop for programming, and a desktop win win10 for 3D modelling and other work stuff.

Currently named the "main" gaming distro by a lot of people.
I also never had any stability issues(and actually quite like it) but others do(I only update a couple days after updates come out anyway).

Just install Solus

Manjaro is awesome, I love it.

i update daily and have never had issues
why exactly manjaro as a gaming distro why not debian or something more stagnant is there a benefit for gaming to have cutting edge packages?

go away kevin

Unironically Slackware

NixOS.
Once you have a dev env setup you can easily recreate it on another machine if you need to.

F
E
D
O
R
A
it's the most modern and polished loonigs distro, and the basis for the most popular commercial linux distro.

Install Mint

Unironically Fedora, don't need anything else.

Debian Stable 9.8

I installed Ubuntu because I figured it was good for babby’s first distro, but after looking into mint I wonder why it’s not recommended more often. I might switch over to it. But perhaps the community support of Ubuntu is why it’s more often recommended?

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed or Leap.
or
Windows 10™

My rec: run "apt install kubuntu-desktop". Installs KDE, which is way better than Ubuntu's Gnome and better than Mint

The answer on askubuntu also work if you're using mint
t. mint user

>muhh kevin
Go back

Thanks, I think it might work better on my computer as well
That makes sense. Because it’s based on ubuntu right? Only the desktop environment changes?

No prob, I also meant to say that you can try out other DEs (even ubuntu mate, which is similar to Mint) as well by installing their respective *buntu packages. No need to reinstall the OS just to find your fav DE.

This seems to find a pretty good list of available flavors
apt search --names-only -- -desktop

And yes, Mint is built on on Ubuntu, frankly I don't know what its use over Ubuntu would really be these days since Ubuntu works just fine. Maybe somebody else can enlighten me, but *buntu seems like a simpler choice.

debian, fedora or opensuse
maybe ubuntu for some fuckin reason
only valid choices

Void or Devuan are the only sane choices in 2019

Slackware comes out of the box with all the programming libraries you will ever need, and is ultrastable.

of this list, 2 kinds of Linux distros jump out for me
>the BSDs
>Open Source Foundation

Win10 AME

seconding

shhh.
dont fucking talk about it you fucking faggot. now everybody is going to want to hop on the bandwagon and ruin the userbase you stupid fuck

I was having some issues with Ubuntu installing. I got it to work by doing a minimal install with online updates, unticked install third party software.

Unironically gentoo

Install Gentoo

Debian

Gentoo or Auschwitz.

it comes with steam preinstalled, clearly they made it with gaming in mind

Arch of any of its variants (Antergos, Artix, Manjaro). All of them are very fast and rarely have major issues.

debian xfce, with whisker menu and moka icon

Gentoo if you have a lot of free time and love tinkering.
Xubuntu if you don't. Gnome (comes by default with Ubuntu) is almost literally like stepping on shit and not being able to clean your foot afterwards.
Arch if you enjoy hating yourself.
Also Fedora? But I haven't tried it yet. Maybe you should try it, most opinions I read about this distro are positive.

>web development
>python
ubuntu, debian, centos, fedora...
just choose any familiar distro with tls, but django is pretty done for the web..
just learn node-js, angular, react like everybody, also dont learn web to work in wevdev its a shity job