UBlock Origin - the Jow Forumsreatest ad blocker

uBlock - A Fast and Efficient Ad Blocker. Easy on CPU and Memory.

Wiki: github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki

Chrome Web Store: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=e
Firefox Add-ons: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

Attached: uBlock_Origin.png (515x173, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

filterlists.com/
safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.el1t.uBlock-3NU33NW2M3
docs.livestreamer.io/
psarips.net/category/movie/
firebog.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this a falseflagging shill thread to try and make ubo look bad?

might be. can't think of other reason for this unnecessary promotion of a well known addon..

Ublock used to be able to block all youtube ads, including video ads, but it doesn't anymore. Care to explain?

Delete your filter cache and then update them

didn't work
if you mean purge filter cache, then thats what I did.

Works for me, I'll PM you fix. :^)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Been using ublock in palememe, I haven't seen a youtube ad in years.

You installed the wrong addon, or you're on Chrome (or a chrome skin) and didn't install uBlock Extras.

I don't know how they did it, but I don't see the injected ads on Twitch anymore

I have ublock origin extra as well, it still doesn't work all the time.

Can you make a screenshot of your entire browser while the ad plays? Did you install the correct uBlockOrigin? There's pleny of clones on the chrome webstore.

AFAIK none of the extensions I have conflict with ublock

Attached: ublock.png (217x455, 22K)

Attached: slimjet.png (1603x1049, 965K)

Holy fuck. That's a lot of extensions. Open uBlockOrigin settings and see if pre-fetching is disabled (under the Settings tab). Make sure it's disabled. If it is then it's not pre-fetch causing this. In that case try making a new profile in your browser and install only uBlock Origin (don't even change browser settings) then immediately update the filter list and go onto Youtube to see if it works when it's alone. If it does then it's probably an addon conflict, in which case you can only disable addons one by one until you find out which of them overrides uBO. If it doesn't then I don't know what's causing it. Try using the element picker to see what domain the ads are from, maybe you have some adware installed on your computer. I just tested it on Firefox and Brave and it works fine with default settings.

who here using nano defender with ublock origin?

I use their filters in uBlock Origin
filterlists.com/

Attached: ubo_filters.png (3801x669, 125K)

>Shilling something everybody on Jow Forums is already using.

Attached: 1550978770158.jpg (852x1136, 155K)

I use Brave. It's simpler.

*not as good

You're right.............. it's better.

This is a joke right?

Show me how to block js per domain while applying custom filters in brave. Show me how to block CSP reports, disable hyperlink auditing, and disable WebRTC. I'll wait.

I don't have to worry about any of that stuff. Brave takes care of it for me.

prove it

>not posting the safari link
safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.el1t.uBlock-3NU33NW2M3

>Easy on CPU and Memory.

Worse than adblock plus on my system. Like so fucking bad it starts fucking up shit.

HOW DO I BLOCK TWITCH ADS WITH U BLOCK

Ads are part of the stream. You can't block them with any conventional adblocker. use mpv and docs.livestreamer.io/

ubo is using 16MB on my system and I have a lot of filters

Here you go!

dumb chrom* poster

when i download torrents from: psarips.net/category/movie/

is there a way with ublock to prevent the site from detecting i switched tabs? ( when i switch tabs the countdown timer stops counting down to zero.)

Blocks ads on Hulu but I get a notice with the length of the ad telling me to turn off adblock. I keep refreshing the lists but It does that for ~90% of the ads.

Attached: 1547950765160.jpg (184x184, 13K)

Why not just use the Brave webbrowser which does the blocking for you?

Doesn't block ads on search engines. Doesn't have per-domain js blocking.
Doesn't have proper privacy options like Firefox does.

I use brave, but I still have ublock installed.

Brave adblocker is not nearly customizable enough.

Hell when brave adblock breaks something on a site you have to completely disable the adblocker instead of whitelisting whatever one thing is broken.

What filterlist shoud i use?

firebog.net/

You disabled cosmetic filtering. Why?

>slimjet
You have bigger problems