Bosque

>Bosque
Yet another programming language.

Are you in for this one?

Attached: Bosque.png (500x549, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/research/uploads/prod/2019/04/beyond_structured_report_v2.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>microsoft.com/en-us/research/uploads/prod/2019/04/beyond_structured_report_v2.pdf
>simplified the reasoning about program behavior by eliminating substantial sources of, usually entirely accidental [8], complexity

examples are fukken gibberish:
>var r3 = v|?? >map[ Int ]( fn(x) => x*x) ;

For what purpose?

>no for loops
PASS

>betanews

>fonctional language
Thank but i like doing something useful when i program

Looks like a mix of TS, SML and VHDL. Maybe neat but probably a meme.

>var r3 = v|?? >map[ Int ]( fn(x) => x*x) ;
Looks like they are using v|?? to implement a maybe monad for optional. This language looks too functional to ever be accepted.

why do they hate F#

So, is it like Typescript, except actually taking advantage of the type information for optimization?

The probably just forgot it existed. I did too until I learned about Q# recently. M$ really banging out the meme langs these days.

I'm not smart how would an optional work here?

>mosque
allahu akbar :DD

I know that there is still OCAML but F# had the neater syntax

Bosque means "forest" in Spanish; though I'm not sure if that's where the name comes from

v|??> is a short circuiting filtering pipe operator

>alphanews

It's a research language, not something meant to be used in the current form. Probably this will end up in the bin eventually and lessons learned from it will end up in C#/F#

brainlet detected

>The BOSQUE language takes a similar approach by introducing the rec keyword which is used at both declaration sites to indicate a function/method is recursive and again at the call site so to affirm that the caller is aware of the recursive nature of the call.
gay

If v is none, then v|??> drops the value and the rest of the expression is not evaluated. Otherwise v is passed to the next expression. It's like writing.
if (v != none)
r3 = map( fn(x) => x*x )

They also have a v|?> which returns None and drops the rest of the expression.
r3 = (v != None) ? map( fn(x) => x*x ) : None

Why not use something more sane like

var r3 = v |> map[Int](fn(x) => x*x)

what does it go? like if v is something then v or else option that there is no runtime error?

thanks

Attached: g70584375.png (894x633, 512K)

Shit i hate "rec" as of "recursive", why not write the full thing

Rec = Record (camera)

Dead on arrival. Too many self-invented key words and syntax. Overly complicated and overly opinionated solutions to problems that other languages have solved much more elegantly. Really no unique selling point to this language.

>TypeScript
>C#
>F#
>Now this thing

Don't they have anything better to do

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

At least there are (some) people that use C#, but all these languages are just lazy attempts to suck programmers into their ecosystem.

is typescript microsoft?

Why do they need a new language for research? What do they think they're researching? Every language is basically the same

I think so, yeah. TypeScript is pretty similar to C# from what i heard

I'm a faithful Buslim and I visit our local Bosque regularly. Praise upon be the Ranjeet who enlightened us and the all knowing and all seeing streetshitter in the sky. Poo not in the loo but on your code.

Attached: FB_IMG_1552492805526.jpg (700x1050, 73K)

i thought it would just be strongly typed javascript. the more you know

Hey Gates, listen what if we, hey what if we just renamed existing good names with new names because its cool?!

interface -> concept
class -> entity
extends -> provides
private -> hidden

Sure, they have "field" which javascript does not have, but that seems to "hidden", altho i can only see it being used as "hidden method" aka "private function" (wow, renames!)

How about protected/internal/friend/etc

Attached: sshot-1086.png (1624x826, 160K)

I'd say it's closer to that than to C#. It just has actual class hierarchy syntax rather than using Javascript's janky prototype system (which, obviously, it uses underneath).

Strange, I thought for sure everyone would go with Basque jokes instead of some ham-fisted Muslim thing.
>Basque is geographically surrounded by Romance languages but is a language isolate unrelated to them, and indeed, to any other language in the world

But I guess most people don't even know that Basque exists.

Now that's retarded. Typescript has nothing to do with the Microsoft platform. At all. C#/F# are only barely linked to Windows at this point through the expedient of the main framework being built in, but first class cross platform support with dotnet core has existed for years now, and the core runtime is objectively better than the old fat one.

The same reason why you build test rigs for experiments. They wanted to try to make a more regular language that lends itself to better automatic optimization and verification. It's far easier to do this greenfield.

It's Anders Hejlsberg's new baby so of course it's more than JavaScript with a bit of typing. The type system is even arguably better than the one in C#.

shut up nerd

>open source
>microsoft

So, they have everything they need to snoop into things now.

retard

I'm just sayin. If you wanna stick with the mosque thing, then you might want to throw in a spurdo.

>999
Kek has revealed you, Google shill. Microsoft sells services, not user data.