Hey guys I remember back in the day we would would talk about Temple OS and you guys were telling me it didn't have any...

Hey guys I remember back in the day we would would talk about Temple OS and you guys were telling me it didn't have any backdoors only leaving hardware backdoors to worry about.

My question is if I wanted hardware that didn't have any backdoors how would I go about getting quality pieces of tech like that? I mean quality like a nice smartphone, a nice gpu and cpu. Is it possible?
>inb4 responding without knowing shit

Attached: 1520264485561.gif (350x258, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_eSAF_qT_FY
emsec.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/media/crypto/veroeffentlichungen/2015/03/19/beckerStealthyExtended.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Attached: 1509660756016.png (720x960, 859K)

i dont care if it cost 10x as much i just want to know its possible. I know modern cpus are loaded with key loggers and shit in parallel with the microprocessor tech, hidden in an ocean of transistors.

I want PURITY

Attached: 1497237580502.png (640x640, 708K)

wow Jow Forums is dead you guys used to be cool

Attached: 1504190689857.jpg (352x395, 13K)

This is the dumbest thread in a while

tell me why u faget

do u not know about hardware backdoors?
youtube.com/watch?v=_eSAF_qT_FY

That's not how any of this works. Good luck getting someone to write the 10000 words to give a basic explanation involving the market economics, in what sense templeos had no malicious code and the various responsibilities and actors of software, firmware and hardware.

>doesn't have any backdoors
All you need to do is have holy C access the memory holding your passwords. Everything has ring 0 access, as God intended, so the entire operating system is a backdoor

Be honest, how twelve are you?

emsec.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/media/crypto/veroeffentlichungen/2015/03/19/beckerStealthyExtended.pdf

>The moral is that this kind of technique is very difficult to detect.

I dont care about templeos I care about avoiding hardware backdoors

I only mentioned templeos to make a point

this thread is about hardware backdoors, i recommend reading comprehension 5th grade level thanks

drink bleach, autist scum.

i honestly dont understand what you are getting at. Are you implying hardware backdoors arent a problem? do u just not like me because i was mean to you?

Attached: 1542563669375.jpg (750x731, 229K)

u guys are brainlets, not a single meaningful answer

To be a 100% sure, you'd need to design and build it yourself. Nuances start at getting something with an open source core and either checking the design yourself or trusting others with that. You'd have to trust the foundry as well anyway. It really depends on what hardware you want and how many people you're willing to blindly trust. Better start soldering some discrete transistors together.

Attached: 1555328526388.jpg (750x616, 68K)

this is where we were at years ago. maybe 2013 Jow Forums concluded the same thing. Pretty scary, perhaps there is no solution. At the moment the only thing keeping us is U.S. Exclusionary rule for collection of evidence and who knows where that is being worked around.

Attached: 1492818137185.png (253x199, 6K)

only thing keeping us safe***

but uh technically the easier solution would to find a way to scan for these backdoors. Not that that is ever going to happen but that would happen before designing my own high functioning cpu, technically.

>Is it possible?

You'd actually need to make all your own hardware & software at this point.

Raptor Engineering's Talos II. If you're the US government, you can buy Intel CPUs without the ME. If you're the Chinese government, you can buy VIAs on par with Haswell. The Russians have their own thing going on as well.