Final verdict for gaming

Windows 7, or modern-day Linux? 10 is aids, I'm looking to replace it right away.

Attached: 1555767840019.png (612x526, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protondb.com/app/271590
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1538678152041.png (1614x939, 521K)

>10 is aids
You need to be 18+ to post here kiddo

>LTSC

Attached: Secret--8c4bdd06[1].jpg (350x333, 19K)

>Linux: 0%

I'm exactly 18, fag.

Grown up then, faggot, there is nothing wrong with 10, learn2computers

Debian, wine and dxvk runs pretty much everything I throw at it and I have an old ass CPU and a 950.

Your call

Attached: your call.png (3840x1080, 961K)

>only children can say the truth

Linux with GPU passthrough to Windows XP virtual machine.

Windows 7 doesn't have the forced 10MHz spectre timer.

Just play on Linux (proton is great!) for most games.
And boot win10 only for the games that have no native Linux release and do not work well with proton.
This is what I've been doing ever since proton, and I haven't booted Win10 in months.

Attached: 1535983685478.png (1000x1210, 427K)

Windows 8.1

The stability of 10 with the customizability of 7 and no cortana or other intrusive features

You're switching to Linux for the wrong reasons. So choose:
1) lending your PC to Chinese script kiddies: win 7
2) have a learning curve and deal with a somewhat worse gaymen experience: Linux
3) bitch aids: win10

t. Linux user for over a decade. Linux has had enough games for a long time, as long as you weren't a NEET.

>tfw still no GTAV on Linux (at least the last time I checked)
God damn it I just want to play with my Predator and Quicksilver mods

Win7 is almost dead
Modern day Linux is complete shit
10 isn't aids, just different (love how XPkids called 7 aids for years until they were forced onto it and now it's BESTEVER)

Linux Mint

Take the Linux pill

Attached: 1555777350928.jpg (1280x1398, 119K)

Downgrading from Win 10 to 7 at this point right before its extended support ends would be absolutely silly, so Linux is your only real choice. Though personally I would just stick with 10.

XP is still better than 7. I just don't have the option anymore.

Currently I'm on windows 7 and still very happy with it. However they'll drop the support for it in a year or so.

I wouldn't use windoes in first place if I weren't gaming.

I'd consider to setup a proper debian installation, configure all this virtualization software and go for a win7 vm with gpu passthrough, so I can still enjoy my games without the permanent use of the botnet.

That's OK kiddo, we've all been 18 and said we hated some Microsoft OS.

Consider another option: Becoming an adult, taking this transition as a chance to stop childish pixel games.

I've been using GNU/Linux for a few decades and my humble opinion is that if you are just interested in playing games you might as well get a Playstation. There's plenty of free native games included in the distributions repositories. There's plenty of native games on Steam and lately we've gotten a lot of Windows games working too. And then there's a ton of MAME games and other emulator games you can play.

But regardless of that, it sounds like you're the kind of person who'd be happier with a Playstation. GNU/Linux is more of a OS for adults.

For gaming?
Win 10 definitely.

You are looking for something to run proprietary software on. The machine might be proprietary in the first place as well. And win 10 are probably the OS for which most games are optimized in the first place.

If you want computer for gaming, i fail to see why would you even consider Linux in the first place.

>not knowing that pc is masterrace for gaming because of mouse input and non rotting games

/thread

You're funny.

>Linux
This isn't an OS.

Don't play proprietary video games OP, they are all botnets. Stay far away from anything delivered on DRM platforms like Steam and Origin.

Check again.
protondb.com/app/271590

>have your national intelligence agency develop a backdoor for Windows
>blame North Korea for hackers leaking it and taking advantage of it

Attached: 301ca4cf17f4f9d7c5fabff98cf12484_resize.jpg (1200x800, 138K)

7 of course. If you're worried about security patches then go Linux

Kubuntu. I unironically went back to it after fucking around with Arch and then my own compiled nameless distro.
>beautiful
>modern looking
>just werks out of the box

>NOOOO YOU CAN'T USE AN OPERATING SYSTEM WITHOUT SUPPORT AND WEEKLY UPDATES

Attached: images.png (205x246, 6K)

How is it even gaming on Linux if for most games you need to set up a VM to run Windows?

Attached: 1555601333915.jpg (700x934, 115K)

7 is fine for gaming
Only DX12 exclusive games are xbone ports anyway

Windows is degraded to a bloated runtime environment. So it's gaming on linux

What VM? I don't need a VM to do anything.

Been using Fedora and Steam. Also Lutris for shit that's not on Steam.

Severe Autism was practically a system requirement for Linux gaming 3-4 years ago but nowadays Windows babbys like myself can do it pretty easily. No fucking about in the CLI or following outdated guides from fellow autists that break at step 14 of 25 and leave you wondering how to undo steps 1 to 13.

Check your games first though. Some of them don't work. Look at ProtonDB or the Lutris one to see what works.

Just werks mostly/10

Would recommend.

Based gaben

Gaben has been off doing his own thing for years now. Whoever is running the show these days is filling the Steam interface with spaghetti code and trying to turn the entire thing into a fucking Chromium fork.

7 sp1
oh no, they'll drop support in a year, what will i do without muh updates?

My only issue with linux gaming is controller support. Xboxdrv works "out of the box", in my experience, in a iffy way and never fully implemented. I'll say it's PEBKAC but I load up Dark Souls 3 and my R2s are the same as my R1s, Rocket League doesn't detect anything outside of the start menu half the time, and so on. I have a feeling Steam gets in the way of that as well, but I can't figure it out just yet nor do I have the time.

Outside the that, the games work great and I had since moved to Arch/Pop OS (laptop) many months ago.

LTSC if you want to game.

My 360 pad is plug and play, I've only had issues in pirated games for some reason.

lol this thread is still alive

8.1 Embedded because it is supported longer than 7