"dumb" TVs

Why is it so fucking hard to find a simple, cheap, non "smart TV" nowadays?

I already have a Chromecast, I don't need "apps" on my TV.

Attached: Screenshot_20190420-194104_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 795K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nec-display-solutions.com/p/eeme/en/products/details/technicaldata/t/Large-Format-Displays/Professional-Displays/rp/P654Q.xhtml
walmart.com/ip/RCA-24-Class-FHD-1080P-LED-TV-RLED2446/54898751
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The "smart" TVs are cheaper than "dumb" TVs retard.

What? not OP, but clearly the dumb TV is $100 cheaper than the smart TV there.
What's cheaper than the $200 Spectre?
But I guess the problem is there's so few options for dumb TVs these days.

No, you're retarded.

I don't need a "smart TV" spying on me and listening to my conversations.

>tries to avoid smart TVs because of "spyware"
>uses Google shit
Fucking idiot. Why not just not connect the tv to the internet? Braindead nigger

Where did OP say anything about spyware? A Smart TV is just a dumb TV with an android box built in. If I already have my own android box, why should I pay extra for the built in one I'll never use?

>What's cheaper than the $200 Spectre
it's Sceptre, not Spectre lol

>A Smart TV is just a dumb TV with an android box
Do most TVs actually run some Android variant?

I couldn't possibly fathom why they may be cheaper than dumb TVs. Perhaps they just want people to have TVs with microphones for some inexplicable reason? Hmm...

The smart TV is subsidized by selling your data

The "smart" TV is 4k while the "dumb" TV is 1080p. It also has a much better panel, with higher contrast and more color uniformity.

Higher res =/= better panel

Reminder that "Smart TVs" are quite literally telescreens from 1984.

The thing is that your not paying extra
All TVs are smart at the same time TVs are at their lowest price they have ever been
You really can't say your paying extra

I would take the bet that the 4k Vizio is going to be better at everything outside of resolution than the 1080p Secptre

get a projector

>at their lowest price they have ever been

Yeah because they sell your data to offset the prices

Just buy CRT TV.

Sounds like a good reason to get a smart tv over a dumb one then
If that is the case (which I doubt, the real reason their cheap is competition and non-existent margins for both panel and TV makers) then why the hell not get a smart TV because it's cheaper and then proceed not to use the smart features and deny them that precious data mining profit

Some goy on the internet once told me that if you look for hotel/industrial models of tvs it comes without the smart TV bullshit.

link?

You also pay 10x more because it's "enterprise" grade

That Vizio smart TV is the same price I paid for my 43 inch LG 1080P TV without smart features. I would buy it and never use those features, never connect it to the internet.

The trick is to get EOL models on black friday and those kind of holidays

I've been trying to find one for my mom for mother's day next month, You can't find a 24 inch tv that just has tv anymore.

This.
Nothing beats big picture.

>Why
"Smart" TVs really are all about tracking you and worse, serving ads. Change the channel, get an advertisement. The worst part of it is that you have zero control over the "smart" software - meaning they can decide to push an update which services advertisements every 5 minutes regardless of what you are watching the day the warranty expires.

>subsidized
That's the right way to look at it.

They are. You can not connect them to the Internet - for now. I wouldn't be shocked if TVs get 5G of some sort built-in sometime in the near future.

Makes sense somebody dumb enough to fall for the chromecast meme would like stupid TVs.

Something like this
nec-display-solutions.com/p/eeme/en/products/details/technicaldata/t/Large-Format-Displays/Professional-Displays/rp/P654Q.xhtml

But they are expensive.

All smart tvs have a mic. I'll let you figure out the rest.

walmart.com/ip/RCA-24-Class-FHD-1080P-LED-TV-RLED2446/54898751

TV manufacturers realized they can get paid by Youtube/Netflix/etc to integrate their streaming services into the TV, making the device cheaper and more attractive