What is the point of having a store when you can just download the programmes you want from their homepage?

What is the point of having a store when you can just download the programmes you want from their homepage?

Attached: microsoftstorelogo.png (312x306, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/windows/s-mode
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the point of having a homepage when you can just download the programmes you want from their store?

MS wants to eventually have their own walled-garden, like Apple.

Give it a few years...most versions of Windows 10 will be damn-near UWP apps-only.

Attached: AEYA_1_20190102111210885.jpg (1280x960, 120K)

Convenience, auto-updates, easy to buy premium programs...

Well for one thing there would be no need for the store bloatware on users systems.

It's not really any more convenient than visting a website.

And people are ok with that? I don't see how it benefits the user to take Apples approach.

Unironiclly this is a good thing
Forcing someone to go to a somewhat moderated and validated store is better than giving them a browser and telling them to look for shit online especially when normies and boomers have a tendency to click on everything

You'd rather treat people like babies than have them learn from their mistakes?

>programmes
begone

>normies ruining another good thing
Gee why am I not surprised.

If you asked that question to the people who have to support these idiots I bet most of them would whole heartily say yes, I know I would
Most people don’t fucking learn, alot of them refuse to learn

Attached: swe-grammarnazi-rev02.jpg (302x226, 19K)

Nowadays an overwhelming majority of people use computers for work or work related things

They just need it to work and might not necessarily care to learn how it works or have any preference whatsoever about it, anything that saves time is saving money in their eyes, they don't see computers as something recreational

Normies, man, i don't understand them either.

>learn from their mistakes
>99.99% of the population
Pick one.

My store doesn't even work. Tiles load, but they flicker like mad, so it's totally unusable. Just.

80% of all people are not interested in this for computers, which is ok cuz maybe they’re stupid or they're focused on their specialized job like satellite telescope maintenance or business.

That’s why you have IT complies and help desk. Anyone on helpdesk would say “hell yeah brother” to your question.

Would you prefer if they called it a "package manager"?

first try with Windows RT failed, second try is Windows S:
microsoft.com/en-us/windows/s-mode

I rather not have anything pre-installed or forced on me.

>bloatware
People use it so it's not bloat.

It's completely unnecessary so it's bloatware.

>automatic updates
>centralized place to browse software
>don't have to deal with installers
>don't have to deal with checksums

This is a dumb thing. The only thing keeping normies away from ditching Windows is legacy win32 software.

Then don't use Windows. Windows comes with shit tons of software pre installed. Also, there's ways to uninstall it or if you use ltsc you don't even have it by default. Either way, OP is a faggot.

Yep, that's the plan. They jumped-out there a bit too early with Windows RT, but the intent was clear all-along.

Their endgoal doesn't bother me in the least, because business oriented versions of Windows (that can't be forced into updates and Store-only software) will always be available. Microsoft's money comes from businesses and schools, guys..not the home-sector. I don't give a damn about the incomiing flood of locked-down Windows laptops and desktops. I run a dualboot and VM's for a reason.

Why do Wintoddlers still not have a proper package manager yet? They still have no good shells, no good compilers, no good software. Who uses that garbage pajeet OS?

Why not just make it an optional install then?

You can install linux on windows.

How will you be able to optionally install a software store meant for normies on a normie os? There's no store to download it from.

programmywammies

Don't be so sure. You are giving normies too much credit here.

Alpha males. Linux is for trannies who should give up their bussies to WinMales.

You get from the Microsoft homepage or have it on disc and you can select to install it along with other components.

Store actually has many benefits but I just don't trust Micro$oft at all.

>you have to do this thing that no one would know of
>or you have it during the install process which 99% of people why buy a windows laptop won't ever see so can't make the choice anyway

That's not how walled-gardens work, user. How can I force you into installing ad-infested feature-locked versions of software from my Store if you have a choice?

You mean a crappy compatibility layer?
I thought homosexuality was illegal in India.

How retarded do you have to be to not know how to install shit? This is the tech generation we're living in. Everyone grew using computers.

the microsoft game store is frankly better than steam

DUDE, I fucking love VIDEO GAMES :D

so the list of programs you run can be backed up to your account so microsoft can track your usage habits to show you better ad-

*ahem* so you can easily sync everything between computers!

1. No one would know about the download from the Microsoft site.
2. Windows comes pre installed on laptops.

If the store is something you need for whatever reason then you'll figure out where to get it from and there's no reason why they can't make it a selectable component stored on the recovery partition of laptops.

Hey same here what are you playing at the moment bro?

Or you know, they can have it on the system, and if you don't want to use it you can just not use it or uninstall it.

My wife's boyfriend is letting me use his Steam account so I'm playing Life is Strange. Well, re-playing xD

Can you remove the store completely in win10? Because if you could completely remove it and not just disable the store along with completely removing cortana, edge, live tiles, skype, anything xbox and tablet related, windows update and any of the other built in programs and features then that would be great. Win10 really needs an nlite type program to clean up the bloat.

Just don't use Windows, you dumb pajeet.

And why not?

non-POSIX.

you've got it all backwards dude

Uh why does your wife have a boyfriend? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of getting married?

I can't satisfy her emotionally or physically, so he does that. I raise their kids and support her financially. It works out well for everyone, and makes me a happy gamer. Plus I look after our doggos.

ltsb/c

Pathetic

What date have you got the murder-suicide penned in for?

I would never leave my furbabies like that.

What about after they die?

Then I get more :D

Mostly in the home page they will direct their products to other store like steam, Google play and others. Just like real world, do you buy your snack in the factory or store?

I have never seen this happen. Show me an example please.

You think Microsoft cares what people are okay with? You think this is about benefiting the user?

>what's the point of supermarkets when you can just go to different stores for all of your groceries

I would choose to let them all struggle.

This

Kek

Attached: Italian_space_program.webm (640x640, 2.24M)

The Internet is the supermarket on PCs. There's no need for bloatware like the windows store.

How come no one is complaining about it then? Is everyone just happy being fucked now?

They haven't made all software exclusive to the Windows store yet. People already threw a huge fit when Quauntum Break and Cinebench were locked to the store.

I should be specific about Cinebench. It was the R20 version that they did that with. Download sources were ordered removed and were replaced with redirections to the Windows store.

This is the era of dumbed-down technology, & smartphones/smart TVs are the main way consumers interact with the technological world now. Walled-gardens don't affect businesses/corporations, and the majority of home PC users either like this software-model, or don't care as long as their AAA games work.

Attached: pc.png (405x474, 337K)

Why rice up the fans but use a stock cooler and not even go full atx with the board? There's a lot about that PC that bothers my autism.

people on Jow Forums are constantly complaining about it
most people just don't know any better and don't care to

Same here..it reminds me of when people add a spoiler, neon and a loud muffler to a Honda, but nothing else.

Attached: 1507583643681_0.jpg (1600x1342, 421K)

Only for you.

No, normal people don't care enough about linux.
They quit when google shows 50000 results for "download linux os"

It has the MSVC and windebug, retard.

>smart TVs are the main way consumers interact with the technological world now
I haven't used a TV in over 10 years. Are they like tablets now?

Because the majority of their consumers are fucktarded normies.

Yeah sure let me just go to the website. Oops, this is CNET. Uhh okay now which version do I get x86? x86-64? My CPU is 64 bit so it's probably x64 but it's missing.... AH fuck it, I'll use the store.

Retard, stores are nice.

They can download apps, they come with webcams, they are useless for anything butt media-consumption..yep, pretty-much just like tablets.

Nobody does this. Even my 7 year old nephew knows better.

Most people literally do not know how to go to a website anymore. They type what they want into "the Google" and click the first link, no matter what it is, and end up getting viruses and adware because they're so fucking stupid. Microsoft is capitalizing on their stupidity by creating an environment where they can give them their money easily without having to worry about the Google giving them another virus.

tl;dr normalfags need to get the fuck off the internet

I can understand that but why doesn't Microsoft give everyone else the option to opt out? If some people are never going to use the store, cortana, edge, auto updates and so on then why not give them the option to completely remove these features?

Because "everyone else" is a tiny, tiny portion of the market, and Microsoft doesn't makes very little money off of them because they are smart enough to use free alternatives to paid software. There's no financial incentive for Microsoft to cater to "power users".

It wasn't always like this but there's no going now is there?

The Microsoft store can basically ship Win32 software if packaged as UWP. Desktop bridge allows for this

now you can get your adware directly from the appstore, neat!

Attached: 1343583063708.jpg (491x491, 32K)

Its like if I asked
>what is the point of having a repository when you can just download the programs you want from their homepage?
The windows store is just a Linux repository but with a GUI.

you're fucking retarded.
microsoft's main market reach is in businesses

The store is just website, it displays html and javascript

Stop messing with things you don't understand. I know you wanted to be a cool kid who stopped microsoft from spying on you. If you disabled half of their shit, don't expect their services to work properly.