B-but its outdated

>b-but its outdated
just use a sid repo
>b-but frankendebian lolol
it wont become unstable like arch linux, dont worry about it

Attached: Debian_logo.png (300x395, 25K)

If you use sid repos won't it be considerably unstable?

Theoretically speaking... yes. Realistically speaking.... no. Then again, debian with a sid repo is definitely much more stable than arch linux -- which is something.

But compared to Ubuntu or Fedora, isn't it more unstable still? It seems to me that other distros with faster release models are more suitable if you want fresh software.

>But compared to Ubuntu or Fedora, isn't it more unstable still?
Can't really answer you this one. Still, I'm currently using debian with a sid repo and so far I haven't gotten any weird/suspicious behavior -- everything works just like they would in any other distro.

>using a distro with a name of a guy who killed himself

arch never broke for me

I guess in practice they all work fine most of the time, but it's true that sid doesn't have proper stable releases like the other two, and some things progress pretty fast there, so I'd expect it to be more prone to the occasional bug

This.
The only time my system broke was when I:
>randomly renamed libraries in /usr/lib
>aborted update in the middle while using outdated, deprecated package manager which caused fontconfig library to update to next major version but did not updated Ubuntu font configs which came from AUR
Any system would break from that.

Bullshit. I've had so many file system errors due to updates.

unstable is worse than arch while being out of date in comparison.
just use testing massive retard

Like what?
How can an update cause file system error?

>wont become unstable like arch linux
I'm starting to think people posting this meme never used arch in their life

compared to even fucking arch or gentoo debian unstable will break more on my experience. This is undeniable truth. Fedora has never broken as bad as sid has broken

>.t

Attached: you.png (320x263, 117K)

based

people who use arch get into the mindset that it's the best distro ever because it's so 'exclusive'

installing an operating system isn't hard

no arch users claim that the install process is hard, as long as you can read and follow a guide you can install it even if you're completely new to linux

>people who think the "stable" in "debian stable" is about software stability

Attached: xdo197ckqd521.jpg (720x583, 28K)

Been running Arch for a few months and no issues to report. The only thing is that it is so minimalist on its own that I needed to install some packages manually, but everything seems okay. I find it annoying how I need to manually update the mirrorlist file though.

Reflector retard

So being unaware of a script makes me a retard? No, it makes me uninformed. I hope the rest of Arch users are not as hostile as yourself.

>in my experience
>undeniable truth
If only he was self aware.

Gb2leddit

debian unstable only broke on me like once while arch broke multiple of times, usually libraries missing after update, but also once where systemd wouldn't startup/broke. the one that never broke on me is void

This, arch breaks itself all the time. I've never encountered a problem on debian that didn't turn out to be my own fault.

>ohh look it's a distro thread
>better take the change to shill my PonyOS

>hurr durr it did mlp for christmas and april fools it's the distro only for mlpfags
>hurr durr don't post on this thread
>saying about how void didn't break is shilling very hard
ok nigger whatever

>mlpOS

unstable literally pushes out packages that havent been TESTED user. you're retarded for using debian in the first place, ubuntu is literally everything debian is but more.
im literally on their irc right now with multiple devs, none of them agree debian unstable should be used for normal use. fuck off with your autistic "perfect distro" agenda you want to push. if you like using a shit distro then go right ahead

stable sid best distro

>b-but its outdated
>just use a sid repo
Sway faggot, even the version in experimental isn't the latest

>All this talk of getting Arch to function when you can just get Antergos or Manjaro an it just werx

> ubuntu is literally everything debian is but more
The only thing that post lacks is a mention of how long did you use Ubuntu and how often you dist-upgrade.

>using a bloated os by design while you can always get something that is complete and fully functional by its own
>like debian stable w/ sid

>it wont become unstable like arch linux, dont worry about it
LOL, look at how Debian users always have to measure up to us.
SOUR GRAPES
RENT FREE

it lacks it because it doesn't matter. the debian devs i was talking with have been using debian for quite literally decades. i've tried everything from mint to gentoo and ended up on kubuntu, not that it matters.

Arch is a fucking meme. Only NEETs have time to mess with that poorly maintained garbage.

>Projecting this hard
Just look at the OP. If you read through the bullshit, it says "if you want newer software, just jump through a bunch of hoops instead of using Arch Linux.

SEETHING

Attached: debian_wallpaper_girl3.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

>using debian
>2019

>$CurrentYear
>thinking that distros matter

Attached: tetti.jpg (640x480, 23K)

ignore the quote
my bad

I've been using a minimal Sid install on my laptop for a couple of years now. There have been some bugs like volume control not working properly, but these have been fixed in a later update.

How do you fix the fonts on debian??

>arch is unstable
>use sid
yeah, you're a retard

>The unstable distribution ("sid")

>The code name for Debian's development distribution is "sid", aliased to "unstable". Most of the development work that is done in Debian, is uploaded to this distribution. This distribution will never get released; instead, packages from it will propagate into testing and then into a real release.

>Please note that security updates for "unstable" distribution are not managed by the security team. Hence, "unstable" does not get security updates in a timely manner. For more information please see the Security Team's FAQ.

>"sid" is subject to massive changes and in-place library updates. This can result in a very "unstable" system which contains packages that cannot be installed due to missing libraries, dependencies that cannot be fulfilled etc. Use it at your own risk!

solid advice there op. are all debian niggers this retarded?

>t. butthurt debian nigga who can't read