/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous

Attached: 7e9c56c19ba69b47a0277ab3738b2344.jpg (636x683, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/9TNnzY
pcworld.com/article/3331247/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-founders-edition-review.html?page=5
youtu.be/_T3EY4ii56s?t=468
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Needs a Tri-Op logo

Attached: 1453153145754.jpg (340x436, 87K)

HEY HACKER

How hard would it be to build a Hackintosh?

I want to sell my Macbook Pro and I can get back $1000-1300 for it and I have $500 saved up.

>buy a HP EliteDesk 800
>stick a GTX 1050 Ti in it

Is there any reason that this wouldn't work? It seems too good to be true.

What would you guys recommend as the best GPU to pair with an 8700k? Don't necessarily need a 1080ti, but it's currently paired with a 2gb R9 380 and boi howdy do I need to upgrade the old GPU. Mostly use the build for gaming and some data analytics.

Build small or die trying

Attached: 20190110_084541.jpg (1807x1919, 1.19M)

what are the disadvantages to buying a cheaper model 2060?temps?

nothing

Attached: lol.jpg (760x548, 127K)

Entirely depends on what model. Some are good some are trash.
=

The chinks have used 360mm AIOs for $40.
Are they worth? Could be good on a GPU, a waterblock by itself already costs more.

Do you have a tablet screen sitting on the top of that connected by a mipi to hdmi adapter board?

He's only 15-50W off, stop being nitpicky.

please good sir, delete this!

Attached: undervolt-v56-power_3.png (803x371, 30K)

15-50W less for AMD
15-50W more for Nvidia
30-100W less going from nvidia to AMD
why do you even care about innacurate data, so what if one card consumes 100W watts, 50 more wats ins't that much
nvidia cards only consume 15W less than nvidia
and besides amd runs cooler and quieter

God, just fuck off.

>And the FE is quieter than those $350 bargain basement heatsink cards.
you are literally retarded, don't even know what your typing

know anything about the zotac twin fan version then

>don't even know what your typing
Clearly because you are responding to an image about power consumption. and making quotes about things that were never said.

Good job, I can't tell if you're baiting or actually this retarded
34.5 is lower than 36.5

Attached: firefox_2019-04-21_16-34-42.png (1783x727, 143K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/9TNnzY

reposting from previous thread, pls do the needful and rate my build sirs

which one, give me either specific name or model number.

Even funnier is that the Vega is a blower card and therefore doesn't use heatpipes while the 2060 uses two fans, heatpipes and a far bigger surface area yet the blower according to the AMD shill is more effective lol.

>different games load cards differently
>conveiently the witcher 3 one doesn't have nvidia cards to compare to amd cards
>just take this witcher 3 DBA and compare it to nvidia in kingdom come

>yet the blower according to the AMD shill is more effective lol.
Quote the post and text where that was said.

Nice gold fish memory retard, follow the reply chain and quotes if you don't remember what you type
You said founders edition vega is quieter than $350 2060 faggot. Jesus christ

ZT-T20600F-10M I believe

fuck off retard. I posted an image on vega powers consumption, the image says it all.
Yet you are some kind of half aborted retard and literally start sperging out on me while saying you dont even understand what my post is about.

>RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
jesus

No, they hit their TDP limit no matter the game if framerate is uncapped. Stop making shit up.

If you want to prove me wrong, show the Pulse and FE in the exact same test. Assuming you find it, you'll see I'm right.

Also, there is no founder's edition vega.

>No, they hit their TDP limit no matter the game if framerate is uncapped. Stop making shit up.
And yet you yourself posted vega 56 dont line up in the other game
vega 64 doesnt line up in the other game
fucking 590 nitro+ being louder than a vega pulse

Wired is fine and you can't get away from RGB
The problem is that the three choices of switches are cherry blue, red and browns.
Blues = not really suitable for gayman
Cherry reds = rough as FUCK compared to Gateron, it feels like there's sand in the switch and it makes me ree
Brown = pretty fucking close to Gateron, and you can get Gateron brown keyboards for a fraction of the price

>2 fans, heatpipes and a bigger surface area are worse than a fucking blower card with some small fin area
Imagine being this delusional

3 heat pipes at 6mm.
No PCB images on the net so I can't comment on it either.
Some palit/ gelit/ phenix and other lesser brands offer 4 heatpipes and PCB pics.

hm guess ill keep looking then must be a reason its the cheapest thanks

Didn't think we would see the day amd shills would say vega is quieter than nvidia lol

Attached: fannoise_load.png (500x610, 36K)

>nvidia cards only consume 15W less than nvidia
what the fuck does that even mean you turbonigger

Depends on monitor

>50W
>25%
>nitpicky
Pretty sure you're joking, but depending on source he's as much as 80W off

That's PCIe cables alone. You have to add in up to 75W for motherboard power

590 is trash, you can get the faster, cooler, quieter, more efficient 1660 for the same price

More likely a variation in the test set up. Even still, that's only a
Why haven't you looked up a review which tests both at the same time? Why haven't you found Ventus or another $350 2060 compared to the 2060 FE to show how they're worse in heat and noise exactly like I said?
Because you know it to be true, and it'd get in the way of your baseless lies?

That seems more than fine for a $350 one. Zotac are known for having bad coil whine, though, but the user reviews on that one don't seem to have that issue.
Probably extra cheap because the Zotac brand is weaker.

3 heat pipes is sufficient for a 160-170W card I think.
Just need to avoid those ones with aluminum block heatsinks like you see on 1050s.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/9TNnzY
What are you using it for?
Generally either saving money with a 570 or 580, or going up to a 1660Ti, is a better idea depending on what you're playing.

He's dyslectic, living example of the average amdrone IQ

You can (you can also get an Optiplex or other prebuilt) but wait for the 1650 to come out in a few days at the very least. Possibly keep waiting until the 1650Ti comes out, or wait for leaks that indicate whether it'll be mobo power only

WHUIRRRRRRRRRR

>Nvidiapowerup
Stop posting any time, Jensen.

LOL

Cool, thanks.

>data denier
Time to stop posting, flat earther

>If you raise the power limit on a card it uses more power
Imagine rewording this statement to make it sound like a slight against AMD cards and AMD cards alone, and thinking it's
>people who defend AMD with objective and unbiased facts are the shills!

I'm the one who said 160W TDP for the 2060, but here it is clearly using 183 from the factory and 190 with an extra OC.
It's also, OH MY GOD, using 162 and not 160 on the reference card. I was 2 watts off! AMD is only 1 watts off. Nvidia BTFO forever!

You never help anywhere here except to shill the 1660 or 2060. All you do is spam this completely disingenuous and lying bullshit while pretending to be multiple anons.

You can't read.

Attached: firefox_2019-04-21_17-03-01.png (926x581, 62K)

>reference vega
every fucking time

they are called AMD shills for a reason
they claim amd products are quiter, cooler, give more performance, are cheaper, last longer, make your dick bigger and everything else under the sun.

It's not "bad" as some are, I just think there might be something relatively similar price but with like an extra heatpipe for instance, remember 2060 is 160W tdp

>novideo powerup
stfu and gtfo, shill

Just report (him). This isn't /b/. He 100% knows the difference but pretends to be retarded and sockpuppets to troll /pcbg/.

Funny, it's been the Nvidia shills making false claims like that with absolutely nothing to back it up. All they've done is claim things were said which weren't said, while being unable to quote the post and text where they claim things were said since said posts don't exist.
Then they keep spamming reference blower Vega card results when you literally can't even buy them and no one mentioned them. Only the Pulse and Red Dragon were mentioned, as they're "low end" Vega cards yet have decent coolers that you can seldom find on the low end models of 2060. 2060 FE was also mentioned as a having a decent cooler that's better than those $350 models cooler.

all I know is Nvidia destroys the competition when it comes to bidio gayming and that's all that matterS!

>pcworld.com/article/3331247/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-founders-edition-review.html?page=5
If that Vega 56 was undervolted, it would beat the 2060 by a decent margin, I'll bet.

Attached: power-consumption-100784515-orig.jpg (1246x813, 100K)

>reference vega vs reference nvidia
>THATS NOT FAIR!!!! UNDERVOLT OVERCLOCK FLASH BIOS AND DELAP THE VEGA
every fucking time

>while pretending to be multiple anons.
mj_eating_popcorn.gif
This is how you can be proven to be a paranoid idiot
>everyone who disagrees with my outrageous claims is the same person

I never claimed shit like ventus is good?

He (probably you), has literally admitted to it in the past lmao.

I'm sure it's you again, since most channers know how people sockpuppet and wouldn't just call someone paranoid. Especially when talking about the most prolific poster on /pcbg/ who has admitted to it already.

Yes, it's literally
>not fair
to compare a blower to a dual axial fan vapor chamber cooler.
Go compare 1070/1080 FE cards to AIB Vega and they get BTFO, too on performance, temps, and noise. It's also not fair.

Attached: samefag admits to lying about being the concern troll.png (2383x460, 180K)

>3 heat pipes is sufficient for a 160-170W card I think.
>Just need to avoid those ones with aluminum block heatsinks like you see on 1050s.
Correct but there is some with 4 heatpipes with not much more cost. Need to check which one is best option.

He's slipped up a few times forgetting to edit out the (yous) in his mental illness collages.

Attached: retarded concern troll outs himself as the blatant shitposting baiting troll.jpg (1842x1486, 593K)

>first claims the blower design is better
>now says it's worse
What is it?

Here, after 1 hour of Forza Horizon 4 at 1440p Extreme with 4x msaa. I cant even hear it over my case fans.
Even my balls to the wall OC profile at 1700/950 only hits 40% fan speed which is 1800~ RPM.

This card also cost me £240 after selling the 3 games while decent AIB 2060s are £330-350+

Attached: v56pulse.png (912x450, 23K)

>after selling the 3 games
Stop lying faggot. You could never sell the games given with the card because they are bound to your steam.

>he admitted it!
>he forgot to edit out (yous)
Which is it, does he actually care to pretend to be other people or does he actually just tell you "yes those posts are mine" and you go I KNEW EVERYBODY IS YOU!
Because from what I see you are calling literally everybody him.
Is he like the boogieman of AMD shills?

Attached: v56 power.png (2074x1763, 301K)

>This card also cost me £240 after selling the 3 games while decent AIB 2060s are £330-350+
let me guess you card cost you only 10$ because after 2 years of mining it actually MADE you money?

Idk why you need to prove to someone who needs proof that your card can run at 70C like it's black magic and not simple physics.

Just report the trolls who seek to waste your time with that garbage.

Okay you're OBVIOUSLY him if you can't read into that post to understand he (you) made a mistake.

Where is the Computerbase.de one?
Funny how you did total system for all but one.

>who has admitted to it already.
I'm a little sad, I thought you only accused me of pretending to be multiple people. Seems like you're accusing everyone these days. I have never pretended to be multiple people (projecting much?). The only posts in this thread that are mine are

and I haven't posted in /pcbg/ for over 12 hours besides these recent posts. As you can see there are plenty of other anons calling out your delusional shit

all payed nvidia shills obviously, you are obviously the samefag nvidia shill that has admited to samefagging

>Okay you're OBVIOUSLY him if you can't read into that post to understand he (you) made a mistake.
as outside you just seem insane

is the entry level build good for a college student that just wants to game with the boys every now and then? I guess I'm worried it wont be strong enough to run everything like apex legends or whatever

i need a white gpu that is mini itx board length
that is all
budget is anything, location is USA

eDP to DP but yes

This is the best picure I have from when it was bigger

Attached: NPWWtDM.jpg (2000x1335, 1.74M)

>apex legends
Check benchmarks for that game then, but the R5 2600 + GTX 1660 build in the OP is fine for APEX

I guess what I really ought to ask is it more worth the money to get something higher end in case I branch out to other games?

ok lol
no the 56 is just cheap in the UK. It's £280 right now on ocuk and has been between £270-300 since January

Attached: lol.png (1004x162, 51K)

NOOO get vega 6GB is not enough!

Attached: Vega RISE UP.jpg (4928x3264, 1.08M)

>still buying 2600/x when they get btfo by much cheaper 9400f

Here's a watercooled 2600x with overclocked 3400 cl14 ram losing to stock 9400f

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-15-18-52-08-974_com.google.android.youtube.png (1920x1080, 856K)

samefag

No one has legitimately called me out on anything. Everything I posted was objective truth. If you can show otherwise, go ahead.

youtu.be/_T3EY4ii56s?t=468 if you want the absolute cheapest.
If you want to play at 100+fps on medium, you're looking at getting at least a 2600+RX580 and playing on medium or so plus monitor which would be closer to $1k.

>recommending a 1660 in a game that heavily favors AMD, where even the 580 for $40 less matches the 1660.
Max shilled.
Imagine how I'd be called out if I didn't recommend Nvidia like I did for the guy who wanted a build for WoW and emulation.

Depends on the settings you're willing to play on. 2400G tends to run games similar/better to the PS4. RX580 tends to run games similar/better to the Xbox One X.

>2400G tends to run games similar/better to the PS4. RX580 tends to run games similar/better to the Xbox One X

That really helps me understand, cheers user!

You could get a 1660Ti if you want a little more power, but PC gaming is about customization and modularity, so you don't have to worry much. You can always adjust settings to fit your preferences or simply sell your old card if you want a new one and you already have a good CPU, like the R5 2600. You seem like you're new to PC gaming, so a good rule of thumb is to never choose the Ultra preset; High looks the same and is significantly better performing.

Do some research or lurk for a while before you buy anything

Congrats on scamming people, you can't sell the codes because you don't get any.
A simple google search proves you can't sell the games.
Reported you on ebay btw

Imagine being such a brainlet. You sell the amd rewards code that you receive in an email from the company you bought the gpu from.
The buyer then makes an amd rewards account and activates the code.

Hey guys, I want to build a decent gaming PC whith specs which will be relevant for some time. Now I have very old All-In-One and a laptop, so basically I have to start from scratch.
I know you won't recommend exact build, and I have to come up to it myself. However, it would be great if you will give some advice from what questions, hardware and requirements should I start my search.

Even then your pic shows only one game so you never sold the 3 games that come together. You are lying either way.

Don't listen to him, retard. He's an AMD shill. The 2400G isn't close to the same as the PS4, and the 580 runs games worse than the PS4 Pro

>the 2400G can barely play APEX at 1280x720
Wow, who would have thought.

>No one has legitimately called me out on anything
Nice delusion, easy fucking example here

>Vega is a blower card and therefore doesn't use heatpipes
Only cheaper blower cards have heatpipes. Vega's reference coolers use vapor chambers because that makes more efficient use of the space.
Also 20 series reference cards use vapor chambers.

get help

Attached: samefag.jpg (975x326, 93K)

Or you sell the account login and password, that's what I did on mine.

Now might not be the best time for that with a new console generation coming next year.
AMD usually ages well, but can't predict the future. The 7000/200 series lasted a really long time compared to Fermi and Kepler, but now they're falling off as well as they're not longer getting driver optimizations for the past year or so.
Since Navi is in the next consoles, it should run console ports well as Polaris also tends to.

What's worse, editing out a (You) or implying it's not possible to do?

>Max shilled.
He only used that game as an example, which was obvious to non retards who read his initial inquiry. As you can even more clearly see from his other post, he's talking about gaming in general

>What's worse, editing out a (You) or implying it's not possible to do?
Implying everybody is the same person

what said.
The FLOP performance is about right but there are other issues.
APUs need to use system memory for their graphics which is significantly slower than the PS4's GDDR5 setup. I think the PS4 is around 200GB/sec and a DDR4 setup is only around 40-50GB/sec on a good day.
General PC port problems stop the 580 from performing like an Xbox one X too.

Alright so: I have a 4690k and just recently bought a 2080 to replace my old R9 390. I'm getting a decent amount of stuttering as my CPU is bottle necking quite a bit, would I be an idiot to upgrade to a 2700x right now? Zen 2 feels a ways off and I don't really want to deal with these stutters anymore

For reference, i'm playing most things at 1440p/144hz

Attached: 1553309351865.png (1240x1863, 2.24M)

Not really into consoles desu. OP says to build around monitor, is it true? I guess 1080p is completely ok for me. What should I think of next? GPUs?

take a look at the X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, I've been pretty happy with it. VRM isn't great but it's more than enough for a non-overclocked system and it's beefier than what's on that MSI board you have on your list. Goes for $125-$140.

If you're gaming:
1) know what resolution and frequency your monitor uses.
2) Pick your GPU around that.
3) Then, pick a CPU that's in your budget and isn't going to fuck with frame times. Budget permitting, get something with at least 12 threads, either 6c/12t or 8c/8t. AMD's stock cooler is completely acceptable as long as you aren't overclocking.
4) Pick a motherboard with decent reviews.
5) 16GB of RAM, preferably 3000MHz or above.
6) For power supplies, nowadays if it's below 80+ gold it ain't shit.
7) Pick a case with airflow.

Asus maximus is the top rated x470 according to /pcbg/.

Thanks mate