8 year old g400 is dying

From what I can tell an intermittent fault has developed in the cable so it's only a matter of time untill it suffers permadeath.

Now I'm somewhat invested in the Logitech ecosystem and I've all but settled on a g403 as a replacement I just want to ask if, anyone owns one:

How is it compared to other mice you have used?
Is the sensor any good?
Are there any glaring faults/weaknesses that other options in the price range overcome?

Attached: IMG_20190422_002127482.jpg (4096x3072, 2.36M)

Oh and /mouse/ general or whatever

Replace the cable you fucker.

I'm not that much of a poorfag you fucker

just buy the MX518

It's a trivial repair, you consumerist swine.

god i miss the old logitech logo

I considered it but it seems to have the same flimsy cable of the g400 which given my current circumstance is why I'm leaning towards the braided cabled g403

Time to get the G502. best mouse out there

Put a new cable on it retard.

Yah, but you are a dumbfag and a namefag so fuck off.

It's a fucking mouse - 8 years is a good run and 8 years is a long time in terms of tech

You're a neckbeard so what?

>oh the cord is wearing out
>better buy a whole new fucking mouse

Is it significantly better than a g403 or just marginally?

Yeah - I fancy a new mouse your point?

The point is kys

The point is that you made your post sound like you liked the g400, so people are giving you advice on how to continue using it. When my Logitech M-BJ-69 bites the dust, you can bet your ass I will do my best to either fix it or find another one before even thinking about switching to a different model. (Even tho that may be partly because the childish part of me has to giggle whenever I think about that model number)

I can appreciate that, yes it have been a good mouse however there are better sensors now than there were 8 years ago, what kind of person who likes tech doesn't like new tech?

Says the one who has nothing of value to contribute

>flimsy cable
>8 years before problem
I own both the mx518 and G403 after an issue with my G400 I like the 518 better but the G403 is a nice mouse.

Flimsy as in relative to a braided cable

MX518 or G502. Only real options out there.

>

Care to elaborate?

Logikek is shit now, you really would be better off enjoying your good mouse while it lasts

Is this the new retard party general?

>Be me
>Carpal tunnel
>Looking for new mice
>Bought MX518, now can work for hours and still game
>Upgraded to G502 cause looked purty and can adjust weight
>Can work for hours and still game
Total game changer for me. I tried the wireless variants but they were spotty and always needed to be docked for my liking.
I bought the G502 for work. Was out sick for a week and another person took my desk while I was gone to cover. I came back to everyone having a G502 in the IT and Programmer depts based on his thoughts.

I'll look into the 502 then thanks

>From what I can tell an intermittent fault has developed in the cable so it's only a matter of time untill it suffers permadeath.
The cable can easily be replaced, you can order cables online, or you could at least a few years ago when I replaced mine. It's pretty easy to do because the cable inside the mouse is socketed, so there is no soldering involved or anything like that.

I have a G502 now as well and use the G400 at the office. I slightly prefer the shape and size of the G400 but overall I like the G502 better because the wheel can tilt and is unlockable (free-spinning) and also because the extra buttons are in much better positions than on the G400 (fuck those small buttons down the middle above and below the scroll wheel).

I'm aware it's repairable I'm essentially using this as an excuse to get a new mouse just had a look at the 502 it sure does look good.

Well, I had to get a new mouse anyway because the cable I had ordered from China would take like 1-2 months to arrive.

I found a cable for my mx518 on ebay for $2
you could try taking it a part and putting more of the cable inside the mouse. mine was going right where the cable came out of the mouse

Just get the MX518, literally the same mouse with a better sensor. logi just released it not long ago

Attached: logitech-mx518-primary-large-100788989-large.jpg (1200x965, 50K)

I still have a working G400 but if it dies I'll buy a wireless mouse, I rarely play games anymore and I use my keyboard for most things.

I feel like you'd most want a wireless mouse exactly when playing games, so the cable does not get in the way. Why bother with another thing you have to recharge (or replace batteries) instead of just plugging it in and having it work for years with no intervention?

Not that guy but I can also second the G502
It looks like stupid ricer shit but it feels and works really well
Only thing I dislike about it is the billions of little grooves it has which makes cleaning it a pain

If you actually care about games then wireless is garbage because there's more delay than with wired

You should update your knowledge base more often, you're out of date by like half a decade or something.

I'm beginning to think that this thing is invincible. It's been ~10 years now.

Attached: 1549870976937.jpg (711x689, 54K)

I recently replaced my G400 cable like 3 weeks ago. It's easy and cheap. Installation is literally a matter of removing 3 screws and unplugging the old cable. Just do yourself a favor and save an awesome discontinued mouse by replacing the cable.

I smashed mine with a textbook accidentally after 7 years of service 5 years ago by slinging it across the room in my backpack. Getting the relaunched version in the mail tomorrow but gonna miss the dumb bullet dents.

only if you have manlet hands

literally just fix the cable you braindead autistic fuck. I did mine 4 years ago and it's still working just fine.

You should update your knowledge base more often if you think the encoding, transmitting and decoding of a wireless signal is ever going remedied.
It will always be slower.

I replaced a logitech g400 with a logitech g102, feels like the same mouse without any adjustment, sensor is excellent, 8000dpi, like $25

But human eye can't hear more than 1500dpi

For me, it’s the g603..wireless is the way of the future :)

1600*

G9 remake when?
They have to know that we want it right?

Do you think spewing random shit you think makes sense without having any real knowledge on the subject when actual testing shows that modern wireless designs have click latency in the same range as a wired mouse supports your position in some way, or what? You can look it up, you are factually wrong. The latency can and has been measured.

spbp