What is the purpose of building a custom gaming PC in 2019 when you can buy a 5 year old thinkpad and it's matching...

What is the purpose of building a custom gaming PC in 2019 when you can buy a 5 year old thinkpad and it's matching docking station for less than $150 and spend the rest of your budget on a display, memechanical keyboard, matching socks and an eGPU setup and still have money to spare?

Attached: 1555816700345.jpg (336x700, 218K)

I'd fuck Hideri.

That actually sounds like a great idea
Building PCs has always been a chore and syncing my desktop with my laptop is really annoying

The purpose is having a graphics card powerful enough to do machine learning and similar computationally heavy operations

>eGPU
Yikes

>Yikes
yikes

You can always buy one of these and turn your self-built computer into a Thinkpad.

Attached: images.jpg (273x184, 9K)

Well its a laptop, (doesn't matter that it's a thinkpad) and eGPU's suck ass.

>eGPU

Attached: Interesting.gif (500x420, 992K)

Attached: yikes.gif (480x480, 71K)

cute girl

>all of that running on a 2.6ghz dual core
Yeah no thanks

Attached: 1539715462418.png (414x425, 240K)

Hey man, that's strong enough to run a master system emulator, probably!

because even light gaming is getting difficult with those shitty ass igpu graphics and cpus, along with even simple 720p video streaming. even the current lowest apu (athlon 200ge) can run games like nier automata, doom 2016, ect. and you have to consider the thinkpad either coming with a low capacity SSD or low ram. 150$ is what you'd get for a thinkpad with 8gb of ram and an ssd if you're lucky, not including docking. most people already have keyboards/monitors. it's like 100$ more dollars for brand new components and quite literally more than six times the performance.
>muh gaymes
>muh gaymes
you're retarded if you cant find at least one game that you like to play in your spare time

I would also fuck Hideri

>implying good games need strong hardware
All the games I'm playing can run just fine on my thinkpad W500.

What's the state of eGPUs nowadays? Still shit?

>matching socks
UwU

What a qt grill you got there :3

Why are animeposters so low IQ?
Does the anime make them dumb or are only the lowest IQ people attracted to anime?

And same question but regarding their homo/pedosexuality and mental illness

Attached: stock-photo-teenager-girl-woman-female-portrait-freckles-face-isolated-on-white-536062117.jpg (1500x1137, 581K)

What is it with thinkpads that gets Jow Forums fawning this much over it?

Function over form

>girl

But I thought thinkpads had little processing power, that the only thing going for them was durability.

Can I do completely unnecessary watercooling and RGB on the thinkpad?

It's called the SEGA Mark III, gaijin.