/bin

>/bin
>/usr/bin
>/usr/local/bin
How many fucking recycle bins do lintards need??

Attached: 1532026668089.jpg (1600x1000, 384K)

Three

holy shit retard it's for BINARY files

lol why do you need dedicated recycle bins for binaries, wtf is wrong with freetards

Attached: baito.png (625x626, 18K)

kys

it has so many bins because linux is trash

one in every folder

Based idiot

It gives me some choice.

Forgot the sbins ya spaz, for special trash

Fuck you and your pretentious computer lingo. Not everyone's a coder who uses linux. They're literally called BINS, and you retards question why it's not the most popular OS.

Attached: 1537019875520.gif (200x200, 1.89M)

normies aren't even using wangblows these days. They do everything on their phone. Only reason they even use a computer is because they work with one.

>linux
system binaries, user applications, configurations, application data are neatly separated from each other

>windows
dude just throw everything in system32 lmao

>bin
system trash
>usr bin
user installed trash trough the package manager
>usr local bin
manually installed trash by the user

So /usr/local/bin is all I need? The other two are handled automatically?

>~/.
>~/.config
yikes

All of them. Ever heard of recycling?

>hiding config files

>arch
dude just throw everything in /usr/bin lmao

They're supposed to be in one place. Let's say I want to backup my configs, but not my musicmoviespicsdocsdlsandsomehiddenstuff. How do I do it if configs are not in ~/.config?

>taking the bait

Attached: 1555733931734.webm (637x480, 2.75M)

The most retarded directory is /opt

Like for real, why the fuck?

no. stupid retard
bin is trash bin not bin

The beauty of Windows is that it has programs all in their own folders. If you actually use installers instead of portable versions of things, I can only say you're a faggot.

Very little stuff actually installs to system32 these days, other than codecs and/or DLL shit which the whole system needs access to.

That's where stuff for connections through OPTical cables go, though. Don't you want fast internets?

It's literally the designated shitting directory. (Proprietary) shitware that comes bundled wholesale can be dumped in there. Examples would be Cisco's PacketTracer, Oracle's proprietary JRE or JDK when not managed by your package manager or various complete Java EE server bundles. Really useful to seperate such trash from your actual system.

bin that bin